Passer au contenu
ajouté(e) aux favoris
supprimé(e) des favoris
Oups ! Une erreur s’est produite. Réessayer
Ton compte est en cours de création
Ton compte a été créé avec succès et tu es maintenant connecté
Tu es déconnecté
Filtrer
Filtres sélectionnés
    Niveau de difficulté
    Durée
    Distance en km

    Culture & curiosités dans les Dolomites

    Sur les traces de notre histoire, tu te baladeras dans des châteaux et des forteresses, tu visiteras des églises et des monastères et tu découvriras, lors de visites guidées, des témoins de l'époque, des bâtiments et des places dignes d'intérêt. Inspirées par les anciens et les nouveaux maîtres, les coutumes et l'actualité, les différentes manifestations culturelles telles que les expositions, le théâtre, la danse et la musique t'invitent à échanger avec l'art et la culture. 

    Résultats
    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of S. Vigil
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    As you walk through the woody valley between Seis and St. Konstantin, all of a sudden the church tower of the St. Vigil chapel towers up before you. This unusual location for a House of God, first documented in the year 1260, is not only a matter of intrigue, but also the origin of countless myths and legends. The chapel was built on an old pagan cult site, during the course of Christianisation. One particular curiosity: At the beginning of spring, on the 21st of March, the shadow of the Schlern falls directly on the chapel for the last time until the 23rd of September, when it heralds the return of autumn.

    The small church is dedicated to the holy Vigilius. Worth seeing are the altar from the early 16th century, as well as the figures and grotesque masks decorating the modillions.

    Culture & Attractions
    Kostner Workshop and House
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    The house and workshop are located on the steep slope just outside the center of the village. The two buildings which run into each other at an angle, open out onto the mountain slope behind, forming an entrance. The workshop and the gallery are situated on the ground floor of the side of the building facing the slope. The concrete construction of this base is partially built into the slope, therefore part of the light for the workshop is provided by openings onto the ground floor which let in indirect light.

    Above the basement a wooden construction rises up with interlocking supports, between which the wooden fronting of the facade is inserted; this is where the bedrooms are to be found. In contrast to this the ground floor, home to the living rooms, is predominantly constructed from glass. The shapes formed by the roof seem to evoke the dramatic Dolomite formation of the Schlern Massif, which can be seen in the background.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church steeple of Kastelruth
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    With a height of 82 meters, the church steeple in Castelrotto is not only the highest in the vicinity, it's also – they say – the one with the most-beautiful-sounding bells. But the big tower bell has always been the greatest source of pride. They never fail to admiringly mention "Big Bell." The citizens of neighboring villages were so incensed by this that the young fellows in nearby Laion finally decided to teach the boastful natives of Castelrotto a lesson…

    Forts & Castles
    Josele Mühle
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    You will soon find more information about Josele mill in Gfrill/Caprile here

    Museums
    Traditional costume museum
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    The South Tyrolean traditional costumes are renowned for their beauty. It is interesting that almost every village and town has its own costume. These pieces of clothing are worn at every festive occasion, such as religious festivities or at processions. During the time of Charles the Great, it was not permitted for farming folk to wear expensive clothing. People of the lower ranks of society were not allowed to wear more than a Loden jacket. The farmers had to wear clothes made of materials they could produce themselves. Expensive fabrics such as silk and brocade were reserved for the richer people in society. Only when Empress Maria Theresia came to power, was this law amended so that the population could wear traditional costumes of any style. This resulted in a variety of traditional costumes that are still used to this day.
    Kastelruth costumes for men: Men wear a shirt, cardigan and jacket with trousers and costume shoes. Their hat is decorated with a carnation and some leaves. The top button of the cardigan and jacketremain open.

    Kastelruth costumes for women: Women wear a long black skirt and a black velvet corset. During the winter, they also wear a black small cape and during the summer a white jacket. On top of these, there is a silver or coloured shawl with long fringes. With the jacket, they need to wear a blue apron and with the small cape a black, water-silk apron. In addition, they wear fashionable ribbons that look well with their shawl. Married women wear their hair up, with a silver hairpin and a type of stylish comb, which helps to keep their hair in a knot. Unmarried women wear pigtails that are arranged in a type of Gretl hair style and incorporate this with a black velvet ribbon.

    Museums
    Scool Museum&Shoemaker workshop
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    The small but fine School Museum at Tagusens shows visitors and interested people the life of the pupils between the years 1933 and 1993 and is a unique collection of furnishings and teaching documents that have been preserved on site.

    The school life in Tagusens did not mean an encounter with the "foreign" world for the "ABC-Shooters". The children in the lonely place knew each other, only the teacher changed year after year. Furnishings and teaching objects were less worn than elsewhere and thus remained intact. Nostalgic feelings and memories are certainly not absent here and seduce to a bygone era.

    On the first floor of the school museum can be visited, the old shoe factory from the `50s, of the master shoemaker "Peterlunger Gustl" from Siusi allo Sciliar.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

    Churches & Monasteries
    Maria-Hilf Church
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    The church dedicated to the Holy Mother Maria (1244) stands in the center of the village with its tower covered with fine, red tiles.

    Beverages
    Distillery Zu Plun
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    In an ancient farmstead built in 1400 that faces the Schlern massif of the Dolomites, Florian Rabanser creates his distillates and rum with the skills of a craftsman combined with a passion for the scents of nature. 

    Museums
    Museum nostalgic ski
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    The museum houses old skiing apparel and ski equipment from different eras. It is located in Kastelruth and is open upon request at the Tourist Office. The museum provides an insight into the evolution of ski equipment, presenting objects from different times. Historical items are displayed, including skis, poles, shoes, ski gloves, helmets, etc.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Franziskus Church
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    The Franziskus Church. The modern church of Franziskus, designed in the shape of a dove, on the Seiser Alm invites visitors to contemplate and reflect. St. Francis of Assisi, who loved nature and God’s creation above everything, is the patron saint of the church. The plan of the church building shows the dove as a contour drawing. The body forms the sanctuary of the church and the wings the side additions. The towering bell tower represents the head in the upright projection. This rises smoothly out of the church sanctuary through a laminated timber construction. The interior of the church impresses with its brightly designed space and an interesting interplay of light and shadow. The slightly raised chancel faces east in accordance with ancient tradition. As it was very important to use simple, local building materials, larch wood and porphyry were used. The subtle fragrance of the wood is particularly pleasant. This conveys feelings of security and warmth to churchgoers.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The Parish Church of Kastelruth
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    Kastelruth's exceptionally imposing, free-standing bell tower already beckons to visitors from a great distance. The tower and church form a captivating achitectural ensemble together with the town hall and the houses built around the church square by leading citizens. It is no coincidence that this village's historical core has been selected as one of the most beautiful in Italy.
    The Parish Church of Kastelruth – also known as the “cathedral on the mountains” is dedicated to the apostle princes Peter and Paul. The parish church is an example of Viennese engineering. Worship services: Sunday: 10.00 a.m. (in German)
    The parish church is open during the day throughout the year

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Michael Church
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    The church is of Romanesque origin, and its dedication to the archangel also point to its antiquity. However, St. Michael´s Church is not mentioned in any document prior to an indulgence certificate from 1353. Parts of the masonry above the base of the church itself and in the tower are still from the Romanesque period. Gothic modifications were carried out after 1465. The nave was not provided with a vault until the 17th c.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Konstantin Church
    Völs am Schlern/Fiè allo Sciliar, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm
    The church in St. Konstantin is the most impressive daughter church of Völs and offers Gothic splendor and unique architecture. Its tower with onion dome and charming pointed arch portals is unique. Inside, a beautiful painting of the church patron Constantine awaits you, lovingly recreated by H. Pescoller. From here you can also enjoy a breathtaking view of the Schlern.
    Other traffic and transports
    Valley station of the aerial cableway Seis-Seiser Alm
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    The valley station of the Seis-Seiser Alm Aerial Cableway is located at the entrance to the village of Seis and is the starting point for accessing the high plateau of the Seiser Alm. In the past decade, it had increasingly developed into an important hub for tourism in the Schlern region, whereby however, its structures increasingly failed to meet the requirements and expectations of guests.

    Against this background in 2014 the Seis-Seiser Alm Aerial Cableway AG cable car decided to expand the valley station with its separate station and service buildings both architecturally and functionally into a modern transport hub that reflected the high status of the location and at the same time responded appropriately to the wishes of an increasingly demanding clientele.

    The primary goal of the design was to merge the station building with the service building into a common, attractive building complex that incorporated all the necessary, completely redesigned functional areas, while giving the new volume a modern and independent character. At the same time, a sophisticated mobility concept was to ensure smooth traffic flow within the newly structured ensemble. Due to the seasonal operation of the lift, it had proven necessary to divide the upcoming, extensive construction work into two construction lots.

    In the course of the first construction phase, an attractive, multi-faceted shopping gallery was built on the ground floor level under the bus terminal south of the valley station, for two sporting goods shops with ski rental, a delicat shop for local products, a snack bar, as well as spacious ski depot. Furthermore, the old service building with restaurant, sports shops, ski schools and administration, which was organised on three levels (basement, ground floor, first floor), was completely demolished and replaced by a modern new building. This now houses - in the basement on the gallery level - the restaurant operations. Above this, a newly designed sports boutique extends over two floors (ground floor + first floor). The new service building accommodates the ski schools on the ground floor and the Aerial Cableway administration on the upper floor. Also during the first construction phase, the north and east facades of the neighbouring station building were renovated. This made it possible to unify the overall façade appearance throughout. The garage for the gondolas in the basement remained unchanged. During the second construction phase in 2016, the reconstruction and expansion of the existing ticket office took place on the ground floor level of the station building. This construction work was completed at the beginning of the summer season. The mobility concept ensures that the Aerial Cableway, the bus terminal and the gallery are just as easily accessible as the parking spaces, the parking garage or the new delivery point of the service building. For this purpose, the shops and service facilities in the basement were connected to the ground floor by a generous spiral ramp. Generous staircases and an efficient lift system complete the access system. The new facade design of the valley station in Seis am Schlern gives the impressive building complex an unmistakable monolithic character. The dominant structure, which is now combined into a single visual unit, has a total cubic volume of around 33,000 m³ and comprises three storey levels, with the basement largely underground due to the hillside. Towards the west, the building cantilevers eight metres over the street-side slope with the panorama terrace inserted into the façade in the basement. The circumferential and height-varying transparent window strips interrupt the building, which is clad in colour-coated aluminium panels.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Michael Parish Museum and Völs Museum of Archeology
    Völs am Schlern/Fiè allo Sciliar, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    The Parish Museum

    The parish museum St. Michael was established in 1980 as the first of its kind in the Chapel of St. Michael which had been restored by the Provincial Monuments Office. It was created an exhibition space which was created in order to protect the works of art and to make them accessible to the public.

    The exhibition comprises over 20 individual objects or groups of objects, including the winged altar of St. Peter am Bühel (year 1510), the altarpiece of St. Constantine (year 1519) and the former baroque high altarpiece from the parish church (Adoration of the Magi, Year 1742, a masterpiece of the painter Johann Jakob Delai from Bolzano). Furthermore the "Probst Nativity" which was created by the handicapped artist Augustin Alois Probst from Sterzing around 1805 - the so-called Kastengrippe. Worth seeing are the 42 miniature scenes with the entire history of salvation from the birth to the suffering the Passion and the Resurrection up to the Ascension of Christ, among others with more than 240 expressively carved wooden figures.

     

    Archeology Museum:

    In the crypt of the St. Michael's Chapel an archeological collection was built, which can be visited during a guided tour. There are findings from the different epochs - from the Neolithic period to the early modern times - are exhibited, such as the crescent-shaped bronze fibula from the 6th/5th century B.C. In addition, there is also a fragment of a Roman gravestone and so much more to discover.

    Culture & Attractions
    Wallburg Fortresses
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    Due to its favourable setting, the area around Seis was settled very early on in history, as far back as 2000 BC. The Wallburg fortresses on the Laranz ridge to the north of Seis date back to this time. The inhabitants of these fortresses were Rhaetians or, more specifically, natives of Isarck. A bronze sword found on Hauenstein provides evidence of a further hill settlement in that area. In the Iron Age, settlements were established on Gschlier and Runggereck. In Gschlier (in the Laranz Forest), archaeologists have discovered many pieces of Southern Alpine querns typical of those used in the Middle Iron Age. A further impressive Wallburg fortress can be found in Runggereck, in the area around Laranz. It is, however, impossible to date and classify the finds from this area with absolute precision. Iron Age ceramics have been discovered and, underneath them, numerous pieces of pitchers and bowls. The remains of these Wallburg fortresses in the Laranz Forest can still be seen to this day.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The Parish Church of Völs am Schlern
    Völs am Schlern/Fiè allo Sciliar, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm
    Assumption of the Virgin Mary is one of the most beautiful late Gothic buildings in South Tyrol. During the Second World War the church was damaged, it was altered according to baroque artistic sensibilities. With the last restoration from 1991 to 1998 the old late Gothic form was brought back to life. In 1488 master Narcissus created the winged altar. The side altars are neo-Gothic superstructures.
    Parks
    Mount Calvary
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    An unique group of holy buildings is standing on Mount Calvary, also called Kofel/Colle at Kastelruth/Castelrotto. From the village a path leads among porphyry rocks and beautiful nature. Several chapels line the pilgrimage, which ends at the Roman tower. The seven chapels show pictures of Jesus and his mother, the Mount of Olives, the scourging, crowning with thorns and the handwashing and the Entombment. (Nice walk - 20 minutes)

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St Mary Magdalene´s in Tagusens
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm
    High above the entrance into the Val Gardena, to the north of Kastelruth and surrounded by meadows and forest, lies the hamlet of Tagusens. The little church dedicated to St Mary Magdalenen stands at the edge of the dispersed settlement on a distinctive rocky hill. Its position permits the conjecture that a cult site may have already been located here in pre-Christian times. The church building itself is from the Romanesque period and was presumably built in the 13th c., later modified in the Gothic style and finally adapted to the Baroque in 1667.
    Culture & Attractions
    Wuhnleger
    Tiers am Rosengarten/Tires al Catinaccio, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    Lake "Wuhnleger"

    No other place offers such an intense view of the Catinaccio as Wuhnleger. This alpine meadow is located about a 45 minute walk from S. Cipriano and a 60 minute walk from Tires al Catinaccio/Tiers am Rosengarten at 1,402 m in the heart of the Sciliar-Catinaccio Nature Park. The lake at Wuhnleger and the surroundings provide the living space for many animals like toads, salamanders and dragonflies. The bomb pits at Wuhnleger provide evidence of World War II when an airplane dropped a bomb during an emergency.

    Highlight: Observing sunset and the Catinaccio Mountain being mirrored in the lake provide a special experience.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The Parish Church "Holy cross" of Seis
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    In the year 1937 the construct of the building began, which should be consecrated to the holy cross. The finished place of worship was consecrated in 1950. The arrangement of the walls reminds of the strict forms of old basilicas. In 1962 the tower received five new bells. In the four large windows the mountain lecture, the sacrament of the baptism, the altar and the marriage and the Eucharistie are represented.

    Museums
    Farmer´s Museum in Tschötscher Hof
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    Farmer´s Museum in Tschötscher Hof St. Oswald is a district of Kastelruth located on a fertile high-altitude plateau which extends over the precipitous slopes high above the Val d'Isarco. Michl Jaider of the Tschötscherhof remembers the old days before the war well – back when everyone had to pull his own weight when plowing the cornfields, helping with the hay harvest, working in barns and stalls or in vineyards. When he took over the farm and the adjacent inn from his father, the modern era had already begun. Tractors replaced yoked oxen, automatic threshers replaced scythes, and the growing of grain was displaced by the more-profitable dairy industry. Of course, all of the old equipment was now only in the way, but the young Michl didn't want to throw it away. Too many vivid memories from his childhood were connected with it…
    Admission ticket: volontary contribution
    Categories: Farmer, Craft, culture, Popular culture, Etnography
    March 1 - November 30 Thu-Tue 9 am - 20 pm

    Churches & Monasteries
    St Anne´s Chapel in Ploj
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    St Anne´s Chapel was built on a slab of rock south of the middle of Kastelruth. This High Baroque structure was consecrated in 1724 by Kaspar Ignaz von Künigl, Prince- Bishop of Brixen. The question of who served as master builder remains unresolved, but there are stylistic similarities to church buildings by the Delai family of master builders from bolzano.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Castle Prösels
    Völs am Schlern/Fiè allo Sciliar, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    Prösels Castle was built in 1200 by the masters of Völs, the noble servers of the bishop of Brixen. In the early 16th century, the head of the provincial government, Leonhard von Völs, turned the castle into a Renaissance residence. The castle as it looks today is almost entirely the work of Leonhard von Völs. In the year 1981, the company KURATORIUM SCHLOSS PRÖSELS Ltd. purchased the castle.

    Discover the Rittersaal, the Pfeilersaal, Kaminzimmer ,the Castle chapel and many other rooms in the Renaissance castle on a guided tour. Special programmes are available for school groups and families.

    In summer, Prösels Castle hosts numerous concerts in the castle courtyard or on the castle lawn and, in case of bad weather, in the Knights' Hall.

    Castle Tours: From 1 May to 31 October Prösels Castle is open to visitors who must be part of a guided tour. Closed Saturdays.

    From January 11th to March 28st 2024every Thursday at 3.00pm a guided castle tour takes place. After the guided tour a cup of "Apfelglühmix", a mulled local apple juice, will be served. Reservations within 12 pm of the respective date in the information offices or info@schloss-proesels.it

    German and Italian speaking visitors are taken by a guide, for all other visitors guided audio tours are offered in English.

    • May- 11.00 a.m. | 12.00 noon | 2.00 p.m. | 3.00 p.m.
    • June - 11.00 a.m. | 12.00 noon | 2.00 p.m. | 3.00 p.m.
    • July - 11.00 a.m. | 12.00 noon | 1.00 p.m. | 2.00 p.m. | 3.00 p.m. | 4.00 p.m.
    • August - 11.00 a.m. | 12.00 noon | 1.00 p.m. | 2.00 p.m. | 3.00 p.m. | 4.00 p.m.
    • September - 11.00 a.m. | 12.00 noon | 2.00 p.m. | 3.00 p.m.
    • October - 11.00 a.m. | 12.00 noon | 2.00 p.m. | 3.00 p.m.

    Fees:

    • Adults 10,00€
    • Children (6-14 years) 6,00€
    • Groups (per person) 7,00€
    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Oswald Church
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm
    South-west of Kastelruth, below the Laranzer Forest, lies the hamlet of St Oswald, named after the patron saint of its church. The landmark of the church´s high tower can be seen from a great distance. The church is mentioned for the first time in a historical document from 1234, which was produced on the occasion of an exchange of estates between the Benedictine monastery at Georgenberg and Count Albert III of Tyrol. However, it had probably already been built in the 11th c. One piece of evidence for this is the choice of its patron saint, because the cult of St Oswald of North Umbria spread through Europe before and during the period of the Crusades.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of St. Michael
    Völs am Schlern/Fiè allo Sciliar, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    Chapel of St. Michael. The Chapel of St. Michael, also known as “cemetery chapel”, is situated next to the parish church of Völs and dates back to the Romanesque period. Today, the chapel houses an archaeological collection and the Völs Parish Museum .

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St Nicholas´s in Tisens
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm
    The hamlet of Tisens stretches down a southward slope to the west of Kastelruth. St Nicholas´s Church stands in the middle of the community, and its pointed tower defines the village´s general appearance. Tisens was mentioned for the first time in the urbarium (register of fiefs) of Count Meinhard II of Tyrol. The first written mention of the church , together with other filial churches in the Parisch of Kastelruth, was in 1353 in connection with the granting of an indulgence. It was expanded and given a vaulted ceiling in the 16th c. According to the inscription on the western gable, the roof´s framework was altered in 1712, and the furnishings were supplemented and restored under Dean Bamhack. around 1880. The wooden-shingle roofing was renewed in 2019.
    Forts & Castles
    Perlmühle
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    You will soon find more information about the Perlmühle mill here. 

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16