Przejdź do treści
dodano do ulubionych
usunięto z ulubionych
Coś poszło nie tak! Wystąpił problem. Spróbuj ponownie
Twoje konto jest właśnie tworzone
Twoje konto zostało pomyślnie utworzone i jesteś teraz zalogowany
Jesteś wylogowany
Wybrane filtry
    Poziom trudności
    Czas trwania
    Odległość w km
    Interesujące miejsca

    Warto zobaczyć Południowy Tyrol

    Zamki i pałace, muzea, sztuka, skarby historyczne i współczesne miejsca. Te atrakcje i zabytki są również częścią udanej podróży odkrywczej przez Południowy Tyrol.

    Forts & Castles
    The ruins of Castle Greifenstein
    Jenesien/San Genesio Atesino, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    First documented in 1159, the ruins were destroyed many times due to fires and battles, and have always been rebuilt. The castle ruin today bears the name “Sauschloss”, which literally translated means “pork/pig castle”, as according to a legend a pork was thrown out of the castle.

    The ruins are only 15 minutes walk from the restaurant Noafer in Cologna/San Genesio.

    Places to See
    The ruins of Castle Helfenberg
    Terlan/Terlano, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The building techniques and the disposition of stones in layers let suppose that this little fortress was built around 1180. It is highly likely that the lords of the castle were the Counts of Tyrol. The last written documentation about Helfenberg goes back to 1353.

    Forts & Castles
    Rodenegg Castle
    Rodeneck/Rodengo, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The castle can be visited only with guided tours!
    Guided tours take place daily (except Saturdays) at 11.30 am and 2.30 pm.
    Duration: approx. 1 hour

    Group registrations from 15 persons: +39 348 739 2329 or

    The castle is located between Sciaves and Rio di Pusteria in the municipality of Rodengo on a small rock outcrop, steeply descending into the gorge of the Rienza river. Castel Rodengo is one of the most majestic fortresses of its times in South Tyrol and you will be astonished by its position and the large number of rooms and cellars of the castle.

    Entry fee:
    Adults € 8.00
    Right (10-18 years) € 4.00
    Children (6-10 years) € 3.00
    Groups (from 15 people) € 6.00

    at 10.00-11.30 a.m. every Monday in July & August.

    Places to See
    The Hill of the Holy Sepulchre
    Villnöss/Funes, Dolomites Region Villnösstal

    The Hill of the Holy Sepulchre is the most beautiful viewpoint of Tiso. The Holy Grave Chapel was built as a baroque building at the end of the 17th century. In it, the suffering and death of Jesus Christ was worshiped. After the entry of Italy into the First World War in May 1915, fortifications were built here on the order of the Austrian Empire army. They should serve as a defense against a possible invasion of Italian troops in the Isarco Valley, if the Dolomite front should fall. The trenches and a bunker were built by Russian prisoners. However, the defenses were not used during the First World War. However, during the final months of World War II, the bunker was used by the village population as protection against air raids and bombing.

    Forts & Castles
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    You will soon find more information about the Perlmühle mill here. 

    Forts & Castles
    Grave Mrs. Emma Hellensteiner
    Niederdorf/Villabassa, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen
    Emma Hellensteiner (23 April 1818 - 9 March 1904)

    Emma Hellenstainer was a charismatic host, an excellent cook and a pioneer for tourism in the Alpine region. The “Schwarzer Adler” (Black Eagle), as the Hotel Emma was known then, became known far beyond the country’s borders. Her charm captivated guests from all over the world. Visitors from Germany, Great Britain, Italy - they all came to Villabassa because of the beautiful local landscape, but mainly because of Emma and her engaging personality.
    Places to See
    Dolomites without borders
    Sexten/Sesto, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen
    “DOLOMITES WITHOUT BORDERS” is a unique mountain trail with demanding via ferrata sections that runs, in nine stages covering a total of 108 kilometres, through two countries, along 12 via ferrata and past 17 mountain refuges. It is deeply symbolic, not just from a mountaineering but also from a historical point of view. The route runs partly along old military trails by trenches and galleries from the war, and passes through the areas of Cadore and the Sesto Dolomites in the region of the Three Peaks (Tre Cime di Lavaredo) and as far as the Gail Valley in the Austrian Tyrol. There are also several places where the trail can be accessed: in East Tyrol from the mountaineering villages of Kartitsch and Obertilliach, in Sesto from the Passo Monte Croce Pass, the Prati di Croda Rossa or the Fondovalle Refuge Hut, and in Belluno from the Auronzo Hut, Misurina or the Valgrande near Padola. An adventure for present-day summiteers
    Places to See
    Farmhouse Campitello - Stegerhof
    Jenesien/San Genesio Atesino, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    First documented in 1180, from year 1600 it has been used as a holiday station by the Agostinian monks from the convent of Muri Gries. All around the little church of S. Magdalene you can find the old master's house, the prelate's house, the 'Stegerhof' with its rural buildings that is nowadays' summer residence of the Benedictine monk of Muri Gries.

    Places to See
    Former main water station of the „Südbahn“ (Southern Railway)

    The octagonal, striking tower of the water station, together with the reception building, the storage shed with loading ramp according to type plans by Wilhelm von Flattich and the railway dwellings to the east planned by Angiolo Mazzoni in 1926, form a railway ensemble steeped in technical history. The water reservoir, a unique landmark of railway buildings from the “k.k. Monarchie” (imperial and royal monarchy), was inaugurated in 1871. It was placed under monument protection by decision of the regional government in 2004 and has been the property of the municipality since 2010. In the era of steam locomotives, the water station had the function of a regular filling station, which was fed by the natural gradient of the high springs, south of the railway line, by means of a gravity pipe (communicating vessels). As the trains had a stopover of around 15 minutes to refuel the locomotives, the water filling of the tenders (storage wagon) and usually the deslagging of the ash box and the re-fuelling of the coal were carried out at the same time.


    Forts & Castles
    Sterzing City Hall
    Sterzing/Vipiteno, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    The Town Hall of Sterzing is considered a true gem in the entire Tyrolean region. It was built in the years 1468 - 1473, and the distinctive bay window was added in 1524 during a renovation. The Gothic council chamber, with simple paneling and beamed ceiling, is considered the most beautiful in all of Tyrol. The rooms of the Town Hall have been repeatedly used for historical meetings: in 1525, the emergency council met in the council chamber during the peasant uprising, and from the 15th to the 17th century, several sessions of the Tyrolean Landtag were held there. Additionally, members of the imperial family were received there (Emperor Maximilian, King Philip of Spain, Archduke Ferdinand, Maria Theresa, Joseph II, and many others).

    In the courtyard, flooded with light by flat arch windows on the south wall, various museum objects related to the city's history are exhibited. The Town Hall is connected to a citizens' hall, named after Vigil Raber, born in Sterzing and the first theater publisher in the German-speaking world.

    In the courtyard at the end of the ground-level gallery, finds from the history of Roman settlement are displayed. A copy of the "Mithras stone" found in Mauls in Freienfeld bears witness to the well-known mystery cult practiced by many Roman soldiers. The adjacent Roman milestone (circa 200 AD) confirms the expansion of the Roman road along the Brenner Route under Septimius Severus.

    The courtyard and the historic council chamber are open to visitors during the Town Hall's opening hours.

    Places to See
    Ansitz Heufler
    Rasen-Antholz/Rasun Anterselva, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    castel builded on 1580 - today it is a hotel - special is the "stube" - livingroom with the fenomenal wood wall

    Forts & Castles
    The Skeleton of Hauenstein
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    About an hour from Seis am Schlern you will find the ruins of Hauenstein on an enormous mountain slope. These ruins were once home to poet and singer Oswald von Wolkenstein, and every so often in the quiet of the night, one can hear the sounds of violins and the mournful song of a maiden who is said to have been bewitched there. Late one evening, shepherds were guarding their flocks around the castle. They sat to rest at the entrance to the castle and recounted one tale after another. All of a sudden, they sensed that somebody in the castle had opened a window. They looked up and saw, through the shimmering light of the open window, a woman combing her long hair. Her head, however, was but a skull, and the shepherds blood curdled at the sight of such beautiful hair growing from a head so fearsome. The woman threw stones and sand at the flock of sheep, who ran in terror. It's believed that the skeleton is the wife of a banished knight, destined to roam the castle until the return of her lost spouse.

    Places to See
    Zwölferturm tower at Sterzing
    Sterzing/Vipiteno, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    The famous landmark of Sterzing, the city tower, is widely known as “Zwölferturm”. Its name is attributed to the fact that its bell rings the citizens for lunchbreak. Consisting of gray granite blocks from the area, it was erected over the city gate from 1468 to 1472 according to the design of Hans Feur. Two marble tablets above the archway remind us of the laying of the foundation stone by the Duke Sigismund of Austria back in 1469. It became a symbol of the economic and cultural boom in the city in the north of South Tyrol and has established itself to this day as the symbol for the city of Sterzing. 

    At certain events, the tower can also be visited also from the inside, e.g. during the Cristmas Market, in summer during the lantern parties or at the famous dumpling festival ("Knödelfest"). 

    Places to See
    Stilfs/Stelvio, Vinschgau/Val Venosta
    The Weiberbödele is a site dating back to the Bronze Age (approx. 2000-1800 a. C) where votive pyres were consumed. Nearby, numerous metal slags and a bronze axe were found, which suggests the existence of a forge. The mineral should not have made a defect if you think that Stelvio - which is accessed after 15 minutes of ascent respecting the marker 9 (h. 1302 )- was built and inhabited by miners working in the mines of the area.
    Culture & Attractions
    Kasern Information Center
    Prettau/Predoi, Ahrntal/Valle Aurina

    The information center for hikers who wish to begin from the start of the Riesenferner Ahrn Natural Park, is situated at the point where the road ends in the Ahrn Valley. The glass rear wall allows hikers to decide their goal from this point, as though on a huge T.V. screen. The ground floor, flat roofed building is built entirely of plain wood: vertical wooden slats cover the exterior and on the inside well placed windows and doors as well as a wooden counter dominate the room, which then leads down three steps to the panoramic window, flanked by floor to ceiling photographs of the glacial area. The lower floor is a light exposed concrete room in which black display cases contain information about the history of building in the mountains in the Ahrn Valley. A pleasant, simple building.

    Places to See
    Taufers Castle
    Sand in Taufers/Campo Tures, Ahrntal/Valle Aurina
    The particular homey character of the feudal Taufers Castle astonishes around 70,000 visitors every year. 

    As early as 1136 a noble-free family is named Taufers. In the 1220's the family built a new, generously arranged lord house, whose donjon with an attached living tower is constructed against the mountainside, as this was thought to be the possible attacking side. The powerful Taufers Castle is a dynastic seat of the Barons of Taufers with impressive and interesting fortified grounds.

    Another great hall (later used as grain storage room) is located at a secured area in the western part of the castle. The naturally given construction space is delimited by a surrounding curtain wall, where there are different living complexes, attached to it.

    In the 15th and 16th centuries the grounds were renovated into an expansive castle residence, most of them built in the early 16th century. The impressive weir system, although, dates back to the 15th century.

    Taufers Castle has been in the possession of the Südtiroler Burgeninstitut since 1977. The entire furnished and well preserved castle numbers among the greatest and most beautiful castles of the entire Tyrolean region.

    13€ (29.03.2024 - 03.11.2024 including the exhibition)

    Students/Pensioners (over 65 years old):
    9€/Person (29.03.2024 - 03.11.2024 including the exhibition)

    Children (6-16 years old):
    6€ (29.03.2024 - 03.11.2024 including the exhibition)

    ATTENTION: Guest Pass Museum is NOT valid!!

    All information without guaranteeOur new exhibition will open on 29 March and we are delighted to present the theme of this year's exhibition to you: Silent Forces of Everyday Life - Folk Belief! The exhibition will be on display at our castle until 3 November.
    Places to See
    The Witches’ benches
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    The Witches’ Benches The resting place of the Sciliar/Schlern witches on the Bullaccia/Puflatsch mountain is a truly mythical location. Starting point: Alpe di Siusi/Seiser Alm

    Places to See
    Chapel St. Katharina (Hocheppan)
    Eppan an der Weinstaße/Appiano sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The castle chapel of Hocheppan with its roman frescos is one of the most important roman art monuments in South Tyrol. The centuries old frescos had been painted over and were only entirely laid open in 1926. Besides religious themes, the hunting scene on the exterior wall can be seen as one of the rarest profane depictions in Tyrol dating from this time period. The wall paintings originate from the first decade of the 13th century and show famous illustrations like the foolish virgins, the dumpling eater - the first proof for Tyrolean dumplings - and the picture of 'Maria Heimsuchung' which is well known far beyond the border of South Tyrol.

    Places to See
    Pfandler Alm Mountain Hut near St. Martin/S. Martino
    St.Martin in Passeier/San Martino in Passiria, Meran/Merano and environs

    Andreas Hofer hid for one and a half months with his family at the Pfandler Alm mountain hut, above St. Martin/S. Martino. On January 28, 1810, he was captured and taken to Bozen/Bolzano and Mantova.

    The Pfandler Alm is only accessible on foot.

    Forts & Castles
    Mortner Gufl
    Karneid/Cornedo all'Isarco, Dolomites Region Eggental
    The Mortner Gufl is located on the old Steinegger carriage road, which at that time connected Steinegg|Collepietra with Kardaun|Cardano and Bozen|Bolzano.  About 500 m from the farm Mortner in the direction of Kardaun, there is an extensive, flat square with a thick stone slab hanging over it, as if it wanted to provide a protective roof for the little place. It is said that a hermit, the Mortner Hias, lived here during the First World War. He even set up a farm oven in this natural dwelling and walled the place up. The hermit wove baskets here. During the Second World War, this place was used as an air-raid shelter for the inhabitants of the nearby farm Mortner. Some remains of the wall can still be discovered and admired today.
    In 1951, there is also said to have been an apparition of the Virgin Mary at this special place.
    A descriptive board on site tells of these extraordinary occurrences at the Mortner Gufl.
    Route description:
    From the car park at Cafè Christl, walk past the Resch Market grocery shop along hiking trail [2] / Rittersteig. Continue along the Rittersteig past the Ebenhof farm until you reach the turnoff to the Mortner farm. Here you walk a short distance in the direction of Mortner farm and then immediately turn left to Mortner Gufl.
    The way back is via the same path.
    Places to See
    Resciesa: part of Dolomites – UNESCO World Heritage
    Urtijëi/Ortisei, Dolomites Region Val Gardena

    The Resciesa Alp is part of the Dolomites - UNESCO World Heritage and a popular excursion destination for everyone. Hikers, families, hobby photographers, bikers and connoisseurs are taking advantage of this unique space in the middle of Nature park Puez - Odle. The natural park with an area of ​​over 10,000 ha is bordered in the north by Passo delle Erbe and in the south by Passo Gardena; in the east the area reaches Val Badia, in the west into Val di Funes up to  Val Gardena. The northern part of the area is dominated by the Aferer and the Funes Odle and the Sas de Pütia, the southern the plateau of Gherdenacia, Sassongher, Puez with Vallunga and the Cir Group.


    Places to See
    Ancient craftsmen zone with the old "Stricker-Mill"
    Lüsen/Luson, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    At Kaserbach, where hydroelectric power was once used, lies the former artisan zone that characterized village life back then. Our path leads past the smithy, the knitter mill and the old sawmill. At that time, the grain of the Lüsner farmers was ground in the mill. The "Stricker mill", whose historical roots reach back to the year 1645, has remained true to its original function until today.

    Places to See
    Ruins of Rasen
    Rasen-Antholz/Rasun Anterselva, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    Around 1200 the ruins of Rasen ( Neurasen und Altrasen ) were habitation and court of the sires of Rasen. 
    The Rasun Nuova Castle in Oberrasen is privately owned and belongs to the Burgfrieder farm.

    Places to See
    Nature Park Visitor Center
    Villnöss/Funes, Dolomites Region Villnösstal

    The Nature Park Visitor Center of Villnöss brings visitors closer to nature and is the perfect place to dwell on. A walkable aerial photo gives visitors a bird‘s eye perspective of the Puez-Geisler Nature Park. The exhibition area “Touch the mountains” focuses on the key topic - the geology of the Dolomites. The Puez-Geisler Nature Park has been designated the “Dolomites site office” because it is home to all of the rock types, deposits and weathering that are typically found in the Dolomites. The Puez-Geisler Nature Park in the Dolomites is estendet on a area of the 3 valleys: Gadertal valley, Gröden valley and Villnöss valley.  The “Nature’s treasure trove” on the second floor contains plenty to discover: animal fur, bird’s eggs, feathers, footprints, droppings, teeth, antlers, medicinal herbs … all of which - and much more - is on display and can be touched! The “Conquering Mountains” room is primarily dedicated to alpinism. The world’s probably most famous alpinist, Reinhold Messner, comes from Villnöss. He talks about his experiences in the mountains in a short film. The “Puez-Geisler Nature Park film” is also shown daily in the mountain cinema. Leave your stress at home, discover the world of the mountains, and feel like a hunter in the woods.

    Forts & Castles
    Historic Stone Bridge in Prissian/Prissiano
    Tisens/Tesimo, Meran/Merano and environs

    The historic bridge of stone in the center of Prissiano (called "Stuanbogen") was first mentioned in 1308. By 1591 at the latest, the bridge was provided with a roof and was used to store the fire ladder.

    Further information on the Old Stone Bridge in Prissian will be published here shortly.

    Places to See
    The trenches of Teis
    Villnöss/Funes, Dolomites Region Villnösstal
    Around the village of Teis, from the bottom of the Villnöss valley to the Haube mountain at 1260 m above sea level, you can find a line of partly uncovered and partly hidden trenches, shelters and caverns. These are the remains of the extensive fortifications built as part of the “Barricade of Klausen/Chiusa” at the beginning of the First World War. Over the course of the last century, the trenches have been partly destroyed by human activities and partly reclaimed by nature. A group of locals has taken on the task of investigating the history of these fortifications more closely, preserving them and making them accessible to the public.