Ga meteen naar de inhoud
toegevoegd aan favorieten
verwijderd uit favorieten
Helaas is er een probleem opgetreden. Probeer het opnieuw.
Uw account wordt aangemaakt
Je account is succesvol aangemaakt en je bent nu ingelogd
U bent uitgelogd
Filteren
Geselecteerde filters
    Moeilijkheidsgraad
    Duur
    Afstand in km
    Bezienswaardigheden
    Shops
    Golf

    Kerken en kloosters

    De kerken en kloosters in Zuid-Tirol bieden een kijkje in het rijke culturele en religieuze erfgoed van de regio. Van oude Romaanse bouwwerken tot charmante heiligdommen in de bergen, elke plek heeft prachtige architectuur, ingewikkelde fresco's en een serene omgeving. Of het nu de indrukwekkende kathedraal van Brixen is of de pittoreske abdij van Novacella, deze heilige plaatsen nodigen bezoekers uit om zich te vergapen aan hun historische betekenis en momenten van rust te vinden te midden van de adembenemende landschappen van Zuid-Tirol.
    Resultaten
    Churches & Monasteries
    San Nicolo/St. Nikolaus Church in Valdurna/Durnholz
    Sarntal/Sarentino, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    San Nicolo/St. Nikolaus Church | This church dedicated to St. Nicholas in Valdurna, situated at the end of Val Sarentino/Sarntal Valley, dates from the thirteenth century. Particulary noteworthy are its beautiful sixteenth-century fresco cycle depicting the legends of St. Nicholas and St. Vitus and the Passion of Christ. These paintings were only discovered in 1986, when whitewash was removed from the walls: they are among the largest and the finest works of high Gothic art in South Tyrol. | San Nicolo/St. Nikolaus Church in Valdurna/Durnholz

    Churches & Monasteries
    Pfarrkirche Zum Heiligen Martin Parish Church in St. Martin/S. Martino
    St.Martin in Passeier/San Martino in Passiria, Meran/Merano and environs

    Mentioned as early as 1178, in the later 17th century the church was extended and embellished with stucco. The tower with onion dome dates from this period. The four beautiful Baroque altars and pulpit were built by the Passeirer Malerschule school of painting.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Holy Heart of Jesus Church in Siebeneich
    Terlan/Terlano, The South Tyrolean Wine Road
    The Church of the Holy Heart of Jesus in Siebeneich was built in the years 1912-1913 according to the plans of Karl Atz, conservator of the imperial & royal monarchy of Austria-Hungary and beneficiary in Terlan. The solemn consecration took place on November 25, 1913 by Provost Alois Schlechtleitner from Bozen.
    The church was restored a first time in 1956 and a second time in 1986. Little has been left of the original church furnishings. The cemetery was established in 1960. The eight-register organ with 560 pipes was built in 1984 by the organ builder Pirchner-Reinisch from Tyrol.
    For the 100th anniversary, the church was restored inside and out.

    Catholic service: every 2nd and 4th Saturday at 7 p.m. and on Sunday at 8.45 a.m.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of Steinwand
    Martell/Martello, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    In the year 1848, Christian Altstätter, the ‘Kaiserjäger’, vowed to build a chapel if he returned alive from the Battle of Custoza. Dedicated to St. Martin, the chapel was built in 1873 and today it is privately owned.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church of Saint Martin in Cologna
    Jenesien/San Genesio Atesino, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The first church was dedicated to St. Maria Magdalena and was built in the 12th century. In the 14th century there were structural changes, which served the beautification and were necessary for conservative reasons. The change of the patron of Magdalena to Martin was supposed to have been completed in 1613, from then on, only a church of Saint Martin is mentioned.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church to the sacred apostle Jakobus
    Laives/Leifers, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Due to population growth, the little church of San Giacomo/St. Jakob had become far too small. So it became necessary to think about a new church in the centre of the village. The foundation stone was laid in 1951 and the church was completed in 1954. In 1964, ten years after its completion and opening, the church was consecrated by Bishop Josef Gargitter.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church S. Josef
    Laives/Leifers, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The church of Pineta is the youngest in the surroundings of Laives/Leifers. The building process began on 15th september 1963. Since building a church was extremely expensive, lots of people helped voluntarily. The first mess was celebrated in 1969, even though the church wasn't finished yet and there were no benches.  

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church Sankt Julitta and Sankt Quirikus
    Tramin an der Weinstraße/Termeno sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    With a height of 86 metres, this church's bell tower is the tallest steeple built of stone in South Tyrol. In the early 20th century the medieval nave made place for the present design by the architect Franz Mayr, though the Gothic chancel har remained with its frescoes. The martyrdom of the curch's patron saints Julitta and Quiricus is depicted in a fresco cycle on the southern wall.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St. Joseph in Ronchi - Rungg
    Tramin an der Weinstraße/Termeno sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The little St. Joseph Church in Ronchi - “Kirche St. Joseph in Rungg” in German, “Chiesa di San Giuseppe a Ronchi” in Italian - is, compared to the other churches in the surroundings of Lake Caldaro, a more recent construction. The building was planned in 1900 by Ferdinand Mungenast, an Austrian architect, who designed also other significant buildings in Bolzano and the Oltradige area, such as the Grandhotel d’Appiano or the St. Joseph Church in Frangarto. Seven years after its edification in 1901, the St. Joseph Church was embellished with a steeple.

    Nowadays, the sacred building presents itself with a two-bay groined vault, a polygonal choir termination and a church tower with a pointed spire. In 1977 the church was placed under monumental protection. Worth seeing are above all the artworks by Ferdinand Stuflesser (1855 - 1926), a famous sculptor from the Val Gardena valley in South Tyrol: the altar with the statues of St. Joseph with Jesus the child and St. Francis de Sales, patron saint of writers and deaf people, as well as St. Teresa of Ávila, also called Saint Teresa of Jesus, the national patron saint of Spain.

    Above the church entrance there is the statue of St. Anthony of Padua, venerated as the patron saint for the recovery of lost items. It is located in the hamlet of Ronchi (Rungg), which can be found along the South Tyrolean Wine Road after the centre of Termeno and before the wine village of Cortaccia. Also the public bus stops there.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of St. Jakob/San Giacomo
    Laives/Leifers, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The church was first mentioned in 1237. The main patron is the Saint James the Greater, but the church was also dedicated to St. Barbara and St. Christopher. Originally, the little church was a Romanesque nave construction, which in the 15th century has been adjusted to the new gothic architectural forms. The old Gothic winged altar, also of the 15th century, is still preserved inside the church.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Blasius' church at Verschneid/Frasinetto
    Mölten/Meltina, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The St. Blasius Church in the  fraction Verschneid celebrates its patronage with the distribution of the Blasius blessing on February 3rd. The tower is still Romanesque, the church was enlarged and gothicised around 1500. Very expressive is the baroque fresco (1621) "Vom Gastmahl des reichen Prassers".

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Marx' Church, Lasa/Laas
    Laas/Lasa, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    Erected in the 12th century, St. Mark’s Church – known colloquially as “St. Marx” – is located close to the parish church of Lasa and is considered one of the most beautiful Romanesque structures in South Tyrol despite lacking a bell tower.

    The walls of this desecrated church consist of large stones hewn into even layers. St. Marx catches the eye on account of its exceptional height for the time at which it was built and its division into two storeys. The crypt was used for a number of centuries as a depot for storing bones, while fragments of frescoes have been revealed around the apse in the interior.

    In the course of the Josephine church reform, St. Marx was desecrated and ultimately used for entirely different purposes. Following an extended period in which the church housed a workshop for the renowned Lasa stonemasonry school, the upper storey subsequently served as a rehearsal venue for the local brass band.

    The church underwent a thorough restoration in 2000, which led to the discovery of long-forgotten fragments of valuable Gothic frescoes from around the year 1400.

    Opening times:
    closed, to be visit from the outside

    Guided tours:
    no guided tours

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church Henry from Bozen/Bolzano
    Laives/Leifers, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The Church of Blessed Henry, patron saint of Bolzano/Bozen, is the youngest church in the district of Laives/Leifers. In 1853 donations were collected to make the construction possible. All donors were immortalized on a board in the church. In the church there are three altars, the picture of the high altar shows Blessed Henry. 

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of Saint Valentine
    Jenesien/San Genesio Atesino, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The romanic church of Saint Valentine was built between the 12th and 13th century. The development of the church is connected with the ruins of Castle Greifenstein. The tower was built around the 15th century. 

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of Saint Magdalena
    Jenesien/San Genesio Atesino, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The Magdalena church was built from scratch in 1705, because in 1629 was already built a chapel dedicated to St. Magdalena. The altar dates back to the Renaissance and was probably already in the first chapel.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Ulrich church at Gschleier
    Mölten/Meltina, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The St. Ulrich-Kirchlein in Gschleier gives hikers a beautiful view over the surrounding mountains. The originally very simple Romanesque construction was rebuilt in 1859. The altarpiece of the holy Bishop Ulrich was painted by the painter Psenner from Ums.

    At St. Ulrich-chapel in Gschleier the hiker enjoys a magnificent view of the surrounding mountain world. The original simple Romanesque building was renovated in 1859. The altarpiece with Bishop Ulrich was painted by artist Psenner from Ums.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Anne church
    Mölten/Meltina, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The Romanesque St. Anna church, the cemetery church, is probably as old as the Pfarrkirche. On its wooden altar it accommodates a very precious sculpture: the Pieta cast out of stone (1440)

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St. John - Rasun di Sotto
    Rasen-Antholz/Rasun Anterselva, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    The church of St. John in Niederrasen is already mentioned in 1070. Today's church was built in 1822 (late baroque).

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel "di Maria Addolorata al ponte"
    Latsch/Laces, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    Baroque chapel at the eastern part of the town. The simple building with dome and lantern was built in 1713. The chapel of "Our Lady of Sorrows" in the eastern part of Laces is a baroque construction. The chapel can be visited during the summer months.  

    Churches & Monasteries
    San Valentino Church
    Sarntal/Sarentino, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    St. Valentine's Church on the Gentersberg is traditionally regarded as the oldest church in the Val Sarentino/ Sarntal Valley. The little church is famous in particular for its outstanding medieval frescoes.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of Avigna
    Jenesien/San Genesio Atesino, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The gothic church of Avigna/Afing was approximately built in the 15th century, its patron saint is Saint Nicolò. 

    Churches & Monasteries
    Antonio chapel - Rasun di Sotto
    Rasen-Antholz/Rasun Anterselva, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    The Antonio chapel was consecrated on 23rd September 1704. In 1998 it was restored the last time.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of San Genesio
    Jenesien/San Genesio Atesino, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The gothic church of San Genesio/Jenesien was approximately built around the mid 15th century, its patron saints are Saint Genesius, Saint Sylvester and Saint Margareth. 

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Martin
    Ahrntal/Valle Aurina, Ahrntal/Valle Aurina

    The church of St. Martin is located in the homonymous place. St. Martin belongs to St. Johann/S. Giovanni. Aficionados consider it to be one of the best example of late Gothic church architecture. The church never had the function of a parish church, therefore there was no necessity for artistically redesigning.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Ägidius' Church, Corzes/Kortsch
    Schlanders/Silandro, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    If you let your gaze wander over the barren slopes of the Sonnenberg mountain range in the Vinschgau valley in summertime, the white-chalk St. Ägidius' church above Silandro/Schlanders will stand out. Embedded in the stone terraces of the Corzes/Kortsch steppe belt, the small Romanesque church resembles a Mediterranean rock church.

    With its octagonal spire and the oversized Christophorus fresco on the south facade , St. Ägidius is also a landmark of the valley. The massive tower with a octagon roof was not built until the 14th century, when the Romanesque church was expanded. The Christophorus fresco, on the other hand, dates from around 1330. Inside there are also wall paintings from the 13th and 15th centuries, when the church above the Kortscher Leiten meadows was much used.

    As a result of the strategically favourable environs featuring a view over the valley, people settled here in ancient times. Specifically, the remains of a prehistoric settlement, known locally as the “Schatzknott," were uncovered nearby.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Little Church of St. Martin, Lasa
    Schlanders/Silandro, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The little Church of St. Martin lies above Lasa on a small morainic hill. The church was documented for the first time in 1323 although its origin most probably precedes that date. The discovery of clay shards and glass dating from the Roman period, in addition to bronze sheets and other prehistoric remnants, would suggest that this once was an ancient settlement and place of worship.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church of Valas
    Jenesien/San Genesio Atesino, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    A church in Flaas is documented for the first time in 1237. The present church was built around 1500 and has a Romanesque predecessor with a half-round apse.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Jakob Church in Kastelaz
    Tramin an der Weinstraße/Termeno sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The most prominent artwork of Tramin and at the same time one of the finest masterpieces of Tyrolean art can be found in the small St. Jakob church situated on a hill above the village.

    It contains a well- preserved Romanescue fresco cycle dating back to about 1220. The figures portrayedin the colourful frescoes are quite atypical in painting since they are usually represented as stone sculptures. In fact, on the walls of the small chancel you can admire bizarre hybrid creatures with both human an beastly attributes, fabulous figures emanating from the myths of medieval times. They all seem to represent the sinful antagonism of the overlying scenes showing a graceful depiction of the Twelve Apostels with the enthroned Crist in the Mandorla, the almond- shaped aureole.

    The southern annex of the chapel contains yet another jewel: here the painter Ambrosius Gander executed some bright and valuable murals, amongst which the well-known legend of the Pilgrims. The inscription tells us that these paintings were completed 1441.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church St. Martin in Hofern
    Kiens/Chienes, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    At the parish church St. Martin in Hofern the longhouse walls are romanic, the vaults, the choir and the tower were built in the year 1473. At the inside there is a sidepiece altar which dates bach to the year 1520.

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21