Ga meteen naar de inhoud
toegevoegd aan favorieten
verwijderd uit favorieten
Helaas is er een probleem opgetreden. Probeer het opnieuw.
Uw account wordt aangemaakt
Je account is succesvol aangemaakt en je bent nu ingelogd
U bent uitgelogd
Filteren
Geselecteerde filters
    Moeilijkheidsgraad
    Duur
    Afstand in km
    Bezienswaardigheden
    Shops
    Golf

    Kerken en kloosters

    De kerken en kloosters in Zuid-Tirol bieden een kijkje in het rijke culturele en religieuze erfgoed van de regio. Van oude Romaanse bouwwerken tot charmante heiligdommen in de bergen, elke plek heeft prachtige architectuur, ingewikkelde fresco's en een serene omgeving. Of het nu de indrukwekkende kathedraal van Brixen is of de pittoreske abdij van Novacella, deze heilige plaatsen nodigen bezoekers uit om zich te vergapen aan hun historische betekenis en momenten van rust te vinden te midden van de adembenemende landschappen van Zuid-Tirol.
    Resultaten
    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of Saint Barbara
    Meran/Merano, Meran/Merano and environs

    The chapel of Saint Barbara stands behind the apse of the Cathedral of Saint Nicholas. It was consecrated in 1450 and was the mortuary chapel of the pre-existing cemetery. It is a Gothic building with an octagonal plan and a crypt below the lower floor. In the chapel there is an elegant stellar vault. On the left and right there are two elaborate Baroque wooden altars, painted to look like wood.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of San Vigilio and Biagio
    Latsch/Laces, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The Vigilius/Blasiuskirche church in Morter is of pre-roman origin and it ranks among the oldest and most important religious buildings in the Venostaregion. Its "oriental" appearing architecture is particularly striking, while the consecration inscription reveals the year 1080. The church is one of the cultural centres of the “Stairway to Heaven” project.

    The key can be collected from the hotel at MARTIN's in Morter 
    +39 0473 742 049

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Veit´s Church
    Mals/Malles, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The mystical Hill of Tartsch towers amidst the green valley of Upper Vinschgau Valley, surrounded by the villages of Glurns/ Glorenza, Matsch/ Mazia and Mals/ Malles. Due to its position as viewing platform, the schist drumlin was already settled in prehistoric times. In the 11th century A.D. the Romanesque St. Veit Church dedicated to St. Vitus was erected upon a pagan cult site. It is one of the few churches that were never restored and displays precious medieval murals.
    The Romanesque frescoes, which unfortunately have only been preserved in a few places, are of great art-historical importance. The interior of the church has a wooden ceiling from the 16th century. 
    Traces of fire can still be seen in some parts of the church. These date back to the Engadine War of 1499. 

    The church S. Veit is open from June to October every Thursday at 5pm for the guided tours in german and italian language (Info: +39 0473 831190).

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of Perwarg
    Graun im Vinschgau/Curon Venosta, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    This chapel belongs to the inhabitants of Perwarg. Inside there is an altar with an image of the painful Savior. In the 18th century, Florian Greiner from Schluderns painted a Way of the Cross for the chapel, which was removed in the 1980s for security reasons.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Daniel
    Auer/Ora, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Belonging to the Danielhof estate, the scenically located church once belonged to the Benedictine Sonnenburg Abbey in the Puster Valley. The present structure has lancet-arch windows on the south wall and choir screens that probably date from the 14th century. In the early 15th century came fan and ribbed vaulting above wall pilasters, subsequently decorated with mural paintings. The north wall features scenes from the story of St. Daniel (including Daniel in the lion’s den), donated in 1444 by a Bozen customs official. On the north wall of the nave appear Saint Catherine and consecration crosses with the hand of blessing.

    The late-Gothic winged altar from 1525 is an art-historical gem. The predella relief shows the Lamentation of Christ with, to the sides, Catharine and Barbara, Margaret and Dorothy. The central shrine shows the Madonna with Child and the Saints Daniel and Chrysanthus, with Peter and Paul in bas-relief on the inner wings. When closed, the wings show the guardians of the shrine, George and Florian, as well as scenes from the life of the church’s patron saint. Restoration work was carried out in 1991 and 2012-13.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of Melag
    Graun im Vinschgau/Curon Venosta, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The chapel in Melag dates from the 17th century. The bell in the wooden ridge is still rung every day in the morning and in the evening. Inside, a painting depicts the Coronation of Mary by the Most Holy Trinity and is signed with Jörg Fally. On the altar in a carved frame with foliage, vines and angel heads hangs a picture of Matthias Pussjäger, which represents the flight of the holy family to Egypt.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Old parish church St. Leonhard
    Bronzolo/Branzoll, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    In Bronzolo/Branzoll we find one of the most beautiful church squares in South Tyrol with the romanesque and late gothic parish church St. Leonhard.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church "Santa Maria in Colle"
    Latsch/Laces, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    In 1992 in the church "Unsere liebe Frau auf dem Bichl" the in Laces standing stone (3.300-2.200 B.C.) was found during restoration work by the State Monument Authorities. The stele, which is made from the finest Vinschgau marble, formed the supporting surface of the altar table. The top and bottom parts as well parts of the left upper side of the 107 cm high, 77 cm wide and 12 cm thick stone are missing. It was probably originally located around where the current church stands on the hill and would thus have been visible from afar. As well as the iconic features common to all the male engraved stones from the Etsch valley group, such as scalloped belts, axes, daggers, clubs, bows, various decorative elements and fringed capes, elements are present that belong to the Lombardy group from Val Camonica and Valtellina, such as suns, deer and stylised male figure. Thus the in Laces standing stone is great proof of the ancient connection of the Vinschgau and the Etsch valley and the valleys of north-eastern Lombardy.


    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church to the sacred heart of Jesus
    Bronzolo/Branzoll, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The original church of San Leonardo in Bronzolo/Branzoll had become too small and so the new neo-Romanesque parish church was built in 1896. It is a three-aisled basilica with a perforated clerestory, flat ceiling and a bell tower with a pyramid roof. The church was inaugurated in 1897 and dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church S. Luzius
    Latsch/Laces, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The parish church of St. Lucius in Tiss in Coldrano was given its uniform gothic design back in 1491. Its gothic mural painting on the southern side of the church is worth a look, also the marble gravestone laid by Governor Franz Hendl.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Nikolaus church Laces
    Latsch/Laces, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    St. Nicholas’s Church in Laces is a Romanesque church from the 14th century. Formerly it belonged to the monastery of Laces, now it belongs to the municipality of Laces. The remains of the frescoes by the southern front of the church, which portray the crucifixion of St. Nicholas and St. Christopher, are well worth a look.

    Since 2017 it is exibition place of the menhir: the top and bottom parts as well parts of the left upper side of the 107 cm high, 77 cm wide and 12 cm thick stone are missing. It was probably originally located around where the current church stands on the hill and would thus have been visible from afar. As well as the iconic features common to all the male engraved stones from the Etsch valley group, such as scalloped belts, axes, daggers, clubs, bows, various decorative elements and fringed capes, elements are present that belong to the Lombardy group from Val Camonica and Valtellina, such as suns, deer and stylised male figure. Thus the Laces standing stone is great proof of the ancient connection of the Vinschgau and the Etsch valley and the valleys of north-eastern Lombardy.

    The church is open daily from 09 a.m. to 6 p.m.

    Places to See
    Military cemetery
    Auer/Ora, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The military cemetery in Auer/Ora was originally established in 1916 as a burial ground for the chiefly Russian and Serbian war prisoners who had died while working on the old Val di Fiemme railroad. Additionally, a military hospital was established in Auer during WWI. A burial ground was set up at the site of today's military cemetery for fallen soldiers and for the workers who died during the construction of the railroad.

    During WWII, the burial ground was likewise used as a cemetery for the war dead. The bodies of Austro-Hungarian soldiers who had fallen on the Dolomite Front were exhumed and transferred to their respective national cemeteries. Until 2003, the association for victims of war and combatants of South Tyrol took care of the military cemetery. From 2003 on, the "Schützenkompanie" Auer took over the cemetery's administration.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church "St. Karpophorus"
    Latsch/Laces, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    St. Karpophorus Church in Tarres was taken over between 1212-1214 as a gift from Emperor Friedrich who was in possession of the German Order of Knights. The church tower, which was spared from being converted at a later stage, is probably the most beautiful of all of the structured roman towers in the Venosta region. The church forms part of the “Stairway to Heaven” project.

    The church can be visited on request on Thursdays from 1.30 p.m. to 2.30 p.m. 

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chiesetta di San Valentino Church
    Meran/Merano, Meran/Merano and environs

    This little church is located in Maia Alta (Obermais), below Labers Castle and near the Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle. Because of its picturesque location surrounded by orchards and fields, it is a popular hiking destination. It is dedicated to St. Valentine, who was engaged as a messenger of faith in the region in the fifth century and was buried in the mortuary chapel of San Zeno (Zenoburg) Castle.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Zeno church in Pein/Terenten
    Terenten/Terento, Brixen/Bressanone and environs
    Church San Zeno at Pino/Pein S. Zeno in Pino was constructed during the 12th or 13th century. The chapel is located south-west of the Parish Church on a secluded hill between two ravines. The chapel shows the former Roman construction style at the door and window areas. The tower was added in 1794/1795. Major construction works took place in 1770. This could be the first time the church was vaulted. The frescos inside the chapel were realised by the Baroque painter Johann Mitterwurzer (1745-1788). The baroque altar construction with an image of Mary dates back to the second half of the 18th century. Also worth a mention is the bell dating back to 1539. The last restoration took place in 1987/88. The church is closed.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Stilfes / Stilves Parish Church
    Freienfeld/Campo di Trens, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    The church is consecrated to St. Petrus and the earliest recorded mention of the building dates back to the start of the 13th century. The ceiling frescoes were painted by Christoph Brandstätter and combine with the interior of the church to produce a remarkable example of a room dating from the late Baroque or Classical period. Open all day long.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Zyprian
    Marling/Marlengo, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm
    This is a late Romanesque chapel with barrel vault, circular apse and a short bell-tower. The wall paintings on the outer wall dating back to the 17th century show the miraculous rescue of Platzlinder meadow: God threw his lightning bolts from the clouds and Saints Cyprian and Justin open their coats in order to protect the meadow and the grazing sheep. This painting is based on a legend handed down orally, which confirms that the original main settlement of Tires is not where it stands today, but in S. Cipriano.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Pilgrimage church St. Maria in der Schmelz
    Martell/Martello, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The small pilgrimage church Unsere liebe Frau im Walde stands on the Schmelz, in middle of the wooded Martell Valley, where a mine is mentioned as early as 1448. This charming miners' chapel was donated in 1711 by the Counts Hendl from Kastelbell, sold in 1816 due to famine, extended with a tower in 1856 and rebuilt in Neo-Gothic style in 1894. Until after the Second World War, the people of Martell moved in procession from the parish church in the main village to the chapel on the Schmelz for the annual celebration of the church consecration. The day of patron saints is on first Sunday in July, around the Visitation of Mary (2nd July), with a field mass and sermon by the erratic block next to the church.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Castle chapel "Sankt Stephan"
    Latsch/Laces, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The castle chapel of St. Stephen in Morter, or the sistine chapel of the Venosta Valley as it is also known, dates back to 1487, and certainly does rank among one of the most remarkable churches in the Southern Tyrol. Although the tiny church appears simple and unassuming from the outside, the magnificent frescoes in the interior are an absolute must for those who are interested in art and culture.

    Open every Friday + Saturday from 14.30-17.30 (April-October).

    Churches & Monasteries
    "Unsere Liebe Frau vom Rosenkranz" (Our Lady of the Rosary)
    Auer/Ora, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    In the 14th century a church dedicated to St. Jodok stood where the Church of Our Lady now stands. In 1674 it was replaced by an early-Baroque nave dedicated to the Queen of the Rosary, with only the base of the bell tower preserved from its predecessor. The builders were the Misconèl brothers from Tesero in the Val di Fiemme. The tower was completed in 1776/77 with an octagonal tambour and bell dome. The three-bay nave with barrel vault is divided by pilasters and transverse arches between rectangular and lunette windows; a right-angled cornice connects it with the recessed rectangular choir. There is a two-storey loft to the west.

    The altar fittings date back to the late-Baroque era. The Queen of the Rosary can be seen between Saints Dominic and Catherine on the high altarpiece, with the side altars dedicated to the Saints Joseph and Anthony of Padua. The pulpit, of stucco marble, dates from the Classicist era around 1800.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The chapel of the Kastelbell Castle
    Kastelbell-Tschars/Castelbello-Ciardes, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The picturesque Castelbello Castle, first mentioned in 1238, was built by the Lords of Montalban. Majestically, it is situated on a cliff on the left bank of the Adige River. Because of its exposed position, the castle had to be protected by strong fortifications, which needed to be remodernized over the years. In 1813 and 1824, the castle was largely destroyed by fire. The Counts of Hendl rebuilt only a small part for residential purposes. At the end of a protracted court process held over decades between Count Siegmund von Hendl and the Republic of Italy for the possession of the castle, eventually a settlement was reached. This allowed the State to acquire the castle. The Castelbello Castle is the cultural center of the village. In addition to permanent exhibitions in Spring and Autumn, alternating art exhibitions take place here.
    The building of the chapel followed in the late 13th or early 14th cent. The walls contain a frieze with the Twelve Apostles as well as texts from the Confession of Faith. Because the apostles are turned towards one another in pairs, the quotations are alternately written in plain and inverted script.

    Opening times
    Guided castle tours from July 5th until September 11 | 10 a.m., 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., 3 p.m.
    Closed on Monday
    Spring exhibition by Hans Ebensberger from mid April to the begin of June
    Autumn exhibition by Bruno Ritter from end of September to end of October

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church dei Santi Pietro e Paolo
    Latsch/Laces, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    Dates from the 12th century and contains stylistic elements from romanesque up to neo-gothic. The main portal in white marble was created by Oswald Furter in 1524. In the north aisle is a gravestone in red sandstone from the year 1350. The white marble gravestone, the small wooden altar and the statues of St. Anna and St. Joseph are works of the master sculptor Gregor Schwenzengast from Latsch. The large pictures in the altar room (18th century) are works by Simon Ybertrachter from Naturno.

    Churches & Monasteries
    San Valentino Church
    Sexten/Sesto, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    The San Valentino Church The San Valentino Church was built in 1825 at Bagni di Moso / Bad Moos. The chapel was constructed in 1925 by Valentin Wassermann for bathing guests. In 1980 the chapel was renovated.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Barbara Chapel
    Brenner/Brennero, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    The two-storey chapel was built by order of the lords and miners of Gossensass/Colle Isarco in a late Gothic style. Adam Scheiter from Sterzing/Vipiteno was engaged as master builder by Lienhard Pfarrkircher. The influence of the Bavarian “Danubian School” is recognizable by the late Gothic altar. The stair was created by the master craftsman Matthias Stöberl of Sterzing/Vipiteno. The basement houses a crypt, which is used as a mortuary chapel.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Zallinger church
    S.Crestina Gherdëina/Santa Cristina Val Gardana, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    Until 1860 the name of the Zallinger pastures was ‚Sassegg‘ which is Ladin-Bajuwaric meaning ‚hill on the big rock’, hence on the Plattkofel massif. From 1854, Karl von Zallinger-Stillendorf from Bozen/Bolzano with Bavarian origins is mentioned as proprietor. It was he who in 1857 prompted the building of the modest neo-Gothic chapel consecrated to the Virgin Mother. One year later, the little church was solemnly inaugurated. After its restoration in 1993, the Zallinger church needed a new facelift on the occasion of its 150th jubilee. The works were accomplished in autumn 2007 thanks to the generous backing of neighbours and sponsors. On July 28 2008 the accomplishment of the restoration was worthily celebrated.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St Verena Church in Pietrarossa/Rotwand
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    This church is first mentioned in 1256. It is beautifully placed on a glacially eroded crag. It is thought that at one time it was a place for sacrifices, perhaps in Celtic times. The church can only be seen from the outside or through the window. 

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of Patscheid
    Graun im Vinschgau/Curon Venosta, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The chapel in Patscheid was probably built in the 17th century. It is a small building with a ridge turret and a bell from 1914. Inside the chapel hangs a panel painted on wood, depicting a picture of Mary with the saints Joseph and Anna.

    Churches & Monasteries
    S. Cyrill Church
    Brixen/Bressanone, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    On the  "Europa-Besinnungsweg" you reach the little church St. Cyrill, which was first mentioned in a document in 1238. In the 17th century it became  a baroque church, but some medieval frescos are still preserved. These include representations of St. Christopher, St. Oswald, St. Mary MagdaleneMary with the child, St. Lawrence and St. Cyril of Thessaloniki.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of Pazin
    Graun im Vinschgau/Curon Venosta, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The chapel stands in the middle of the smal village Pazin. The roof and the attached wooden tower are covered with wooden shingles. In the sanctuary stands in a niche of stones, the statue of Our Lady of Lourdes. Above the altar on the ceiling, in a blue star, is a maria monogram painted in gold with glowing rays. On the barrel vault a cross with the heart of Jesus is painted on blue background and decorated with golden stars.

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21