Ga meteen naar de inhoud
toegevoegd aan favorieten
verwijderd uit favorieten
Helaas is er een probleem opgetreden. Probeer het opnieuw.
Uw account wordt aangemaakt
Je account is succesvol aangemaakt en je bent nu ingelogd
U bent uitgelogd
Filteren
Geselecteerde filters
    Moeilijkheidsgraad
    Duur
    Afstand in km
    Bezienswaardigheden
    Shops
    Golf

    Kerken en kloosters

    De kerken en kloosters in Zuid-Tirol bieden een kijkje in het rijke culturele en religieuze erfgoed van de regio. Van oude Romaanse bouwwerken tot charmante heiligdommen in de bergen, elke plek heeft prachtige architectuur, ingewikkelde fresco's en een serene omgeving. Of het nu de indrukwekkende kathedraal van Brixen is of de pittoreske abdij van Novacella, deze heilige plaatsen nodigen bezoekers uit om zich te vergapen aan hun historische betekenis en momenten van rust te vinden te midden van de adembenemende landschappen van Zuid-Tirol.
    Resultaten
    Churches & Monasteries
    Holy Spirit Church
    Prettau/Predoi, Ahrntal/Valle Aurina

    The Holy Spirit Church is the oldest church of the Ahrntal valley. The church is situated at the furthest reaches of the Ahrntal valley., leaning against a large rock. It was built around 1455, and was enlarged and converted to its current form in the 16th century. The Holy Spirit Church is a sacred place, partly through its history and partly through many pious believers of many generations. It is not known when the first church was built for the many travelers who used in particular the Krimmler Tauern as a passage to get in the Pinzgau and Salzburg. It is sure that cardinal Nikolaus Cusanus of Brixen/Bressanone dedicated the church and the cemetery in 1455.This was necessary for the people who freezed to death passing the Alps or who died in another way, or for the miners of the Prettau/Predoi copper mine. In 1500 the church was extended. In the last 10 years much restauration work has been carried out. Unfortunately, many pieces of art have been removed for security reasons. Even the pilgrimage image was removed for some years, but it returned in 1981 to the church, protected by a safe and underlined in its importance by a corona.

    Centuries ago - starting from the "Schliefstein" - a particularly positive energy was found here. That is why the legendary Holy Spirit Church was built. According to the conviction, one could strip away one's sins by walking through the narrow gap between the church and the large "Schliefstein". And so, the place around the church and the stone is still a well-known and popular place of power.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel "Bade" - Antholz Niedertal
    Rasen-Antholz/Rasun Anterselva, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    The chapel at Bad Salomonsbrunn is also called "Bade Stöckl" and was built in 1725 by Peter Josef von Walther from Brixen.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Michael Parish Museum and Völs Museum of Archeology
    Völs am Schlern/Fiè allo Sciliar, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    The Parish Museum

    The parish museum St. Michael was established in 1980 as the first of its kind in the Chapel of St. Michael which had been restored by the Provincial Monuments Office. It was created an exhibition space which was created in order to protect the works of art and to make them accessible to the public.

    The exhibition comprises over 20 individual objects or groups of objects, including the winged altar of St. Peter am Bühel (year 1510), the altarpiece of St. Constantine (year 1519) and the former baroque high altarpiece from the parish church (Adoration of the Magi, Year 1742, a masterpiece of the painter Johann Jakob Delai from Bolzano). Furthermore the "Probst Nativity" which was created by the handicapped artist Augustin Alois Probst from Sterzing around 1805 - the so-called Kastengrippe. Worth seeing are the 42 miniature scenes with the entire history of salvation from the birth to the suffering the Passion and the Resurrection up to the Ascension of Christ, among others with more than 240 expressively carved wooden figures.

     

    Archeology Museum:

    In the crypt of the St. Michael's Chapel an archeological collection was built, which can be visited during a guided tour. There are findings from the different epochs - from the Neolithic period to the early modern times - are exhibited, such as the crescent-shaped bronze fibula from the 6th/5th century B.C. In addition, there is also a fragment of a Roman gravestone and so much more to discover.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St Nicholas´s in Tisens
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm
    The hamlet of Tisens stretches down a southward slope to the west of Kastelruth. St Nicholas´s Church stands in the middle of the community, and its pointed tower defines the village´s general appearance. Tisens was mentioned for the first time in the urbarium (register of fiefs) of Count Meinhard II of Tyrol. The first written mention of the church , together with other filial churches in the Parisch of Kastelruth, was in 1353 in connection with the granting of an indulgence. It was expanded and given a vaulted ceiling in the 16th c. According to the inscription on the western gable, the roof´s framework was altered in 1712, and the furnishings were supplemented and restored under Dean Bamhack. around 1880. The wooden-shingle roofing was renewed in 2019.
    Churches & Monasteries
    St. John the Baptist church in Flains
    Pfitsch/Val di Vizze, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    This Church was cited as early as 1298; today's building, however was built at the beginning of the XVI century. The rich and original reticular vault ceiling is particularly worthy of note. The Church was restored in 1938 following a fire.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church of St. Nicholas
    Gsies/Valle di Casies

    1334: First mentioned, then rebuilt several times over the centuries, from Gothic to Neo-Gothic.
    1472: pointed arched sound windows in the tower.
    1879: neo-Gothic forms in the interior according to plans by Josef Vonstadl.
    1963: Extension by one bay and redesign by architect Erich Pattis. Preserving all the Gothic style elements, in addition sculptures in the Nazarene style: the guardian angel, St. Notburga, St. Joseph and the Sacred Heart of Jesus. They were made by the local artist Michael Hintner, the Immaculate was executed by Josef Mersa.
    Stations of the Cross from a local workshop: Romanesque four-nail cross, on the high altar the wooden sculptures of St. Sebastian and the weather patrons St. John and St. Paul, on the left of the altar St. Nicholas, on the right St. Andrew. On the altar are placed alternately Mary with the Child or the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
    Altars: neo-Gothic, from the workshop of Colli and Adam. On the right side altar the statues of St. Leonard, St. Mark and St. Anthony, on the left one those of Ursula, Mother Anne and St. Catherine. The patron saint of the church is St. Nicholas on December 6. Memorial to the fallen of the two world wars in the cemetery area.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Holy Spirit Church
    Bruneck/Brunico, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    Beautiful, renovated Baroque church with onion roofed steeple. The original hospital church was consecrated in 1370. Inside on the altar pieces of the high altar representation of the baptism of Jesus and of the side altar St. Elisabeth by Franz Unterberger (1707-1776).

    Holy mass in italian language: Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri at 09.00 am, Sat at 06.00 pm
    Sunday and ecclesiastical holidays at 06.00 pm in July, August and Christmas

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church Unsere Liebe Frau in Stava/Staben
    Naturns/Naturno, Meran/Merano and environs
    Named after the Virgin Mary, the church and its tower date back to
    Romanesque times. The church was rebuilt and re-consecrated in 1638. A
    stone with a magnificent coat of arms is set above the pointed archway
    and the 17th Century Cross on the west façade survived a devastating
    village fire in 1876.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Funeral Chapell
    Gais, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones
    Gais has recently been enriched with a historical jewel-
     culturally.  After years of preparatory work, the
     mortuary skin, the so-called “ossarium”, has been transformed into
     in a small museum and made available to the public.
     The centrepiece of the museum is a cycle of frescoes from the period
     late-Gothic with a Universal Judgment unique in its
     gender and, next to it, the works on the redemption of
     poor souls, a kind of catechism for believers
     who at the time could not read.  In addition,
     admire the priestly vestments of Castelbadia  (Miscellaneous
     precious casulas) in a glass case and St. Constantine II
     (a complete skeleton) in a reliquary.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church of S. Maddalena
    Gsies/Valle di Casies

    First mentioned in 1347, elements of the Tyrolean late Gothic (1488) are still preserved in the polygonal choir end, as well as in the sound windows of the tower. Around 1840 the church was extended by one bay, regotized, the same happened again in 1952 under architect Erich Pattis and carpenter Josef Pattis. The altar-pieces are by K. Jele from Ried in the Upper Inn Valley (1814 1893) and depict on the main altar the Penitent Magdalene, and on the side altars the Bishop Sylvester with the martyr Sebastian, then Joachim and Anna with the Child in the Nazarene style in a clear position. On the main altar of St. John the Baptist, wooden sculptures by Franz Xaver Nißl. Stations of the Cross panel by Maria Delago (1953). In the apse, paintings from the life of St. Magdalene by the priest painter Johann Bapt. Oberkofler. On the east side a wrought-iron cross points to the witness of the resistance against the Nazi regime. This is the Jesuit priest Johann Steinmair (1890-1944), who became a blood witness of Christ by beheading in Berlin-Brandenburg. The chapel of the dead in the cemetery area: It serves as a memorial for the victims of the two world wars, for Reverend Peter Agreiter (1911 1948) and as a place of devotion for the Lourdes pilgrims.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. George's Church
    Welsberg-Taisten/Monguelfo-Tesido

    This church was first mentioned in 861 in connection with a court hearing. It is designed in two floors and remarkable for its Romanesque architecture, as well as for its frescos by the masters Leonhard from Brixen and Simon von Taisten, the latter a pupil of Michael Pacher’s.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel “Unsere liebe Frau im Stöckl”
    Kiens/Chienes, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    The new restored chapel “Unsere liebe Frau im Stöckl” was built in the year 1621 and enlarged in the year 1644. It was built totally new in the year 1680.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The Parish Church of Völs am Schlern
    Völs am Schlern/Fiè allo Sciliar, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm
    Assumption of the Virgin Mary is one of the most beautiful late Gothic buildings in South Tyrol. During the Second World War the church was damaged, it was altered according to baroque artistic sensibilities. With the last restoration from 1991 to 1998 the old late Gothic form was brought back to life. In 1488 master Narcissus created the winged altar. The side altars are neo-Gothic superstructures.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of S. Vigil
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    As you walk through the woody valley between Seis and St. Konstantin, all of a sudden the church tower of the St. Vigil chapel towers up before you. This unusual location for a House of God, first documented in the year 1260, is not only a matter of intrigue, but also the origin of countless myths and legends. The chapel was built on an old pagan cult site, during the course of Christianisation. One particular curiosity: At the beginning of spring, on the 21st of March, the shadow of the Schlern falls directly on the chapel for the last time until the 23rd of September, when it heralds the return of autumn.

    The small church is dedicated to the holy Vigilius. Worth seeing are the altar from the early 16th century, as well as the figures and grotesque masks decorating the modillions.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The Church of St. Elisabeth at the Palace of the Teutonic Order
    Sterzing/Vipiteno, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    The octagonal construction was built according to a project by Giuseppe Delai between 1729 and 1733, on the site of an older chapel. Matthäus Günther of Augsburg realised both the main altarpiece and the frescoes of the vaulted ceiling, which depict St. Elisabeth and St. George, the protectors of the Teutonic Order. The walls and vaulted ceiling are embellished with the rich and extraordinarily refined stucco decorations by Anton Gigl of Innsbruck. The church can be visited along the H. Multscher and City Museum.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of St. Michael
    Völs am Schlern/Fiè allo Sciliar, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    Chapel of St. Michael. The Chapel of St. Michael, also known as “cemetery chapel”, is situated next to the parish church of Völs and dates back to the Romanesque period. Today, the chapel houses an archaeological collection and the Völs Parish Museum .

    Churches & Monasteries
    Saint John’s Chapel in the Castle Welsperg
    Welsberg-Taisten/Monguelfo-Tesido

    This “new chapel” was opened on November 12th 1510. It is outside the castle and you can reach it through the small inner courtyard by a wooden ladder. In 2000 this area of the castle was fastened and anchored and during these restoration works small colour strokes were discovered. In autumn 2005 an important restoration work was started and, above all, the dry paintings on the eastern wall, the ancient walled altar and, sideways, the apostolic symbols of different ages were discovered. The paintings represent Christ Crucified, on the left Mary and St. George with the dragon. On the right there are St. John the Apostle, St. Blaise (painted as a young martyr with only one candle and not as a Bishop) and St. Florian who is throwing water on a building in a blaze. On the top angles there are the two baronial coats of arms of the Welspergs. The work was painted between 1540 and 1560 at the end of the Gothic Age. The ceiling is more recent and belongs to the Baroque Age.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Michael Church
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    The church is of Romanesque origin, and its dedication to the archangel also point to its antiquity. However, St. Michael´s Church is not mentioned in any document prior to an indulgence certificate from 1353. Parts of the masonry above the base of the church itself and in the tower are still from the Romanesque period. Gothic modifications were carried out after 1465. The nave was not provided with a vault until the 17th c.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church of Saint Ingenuin and Albuin
    Welsberg-Taisten/Monguelfo-Tesido

    This church is one of the most coherent structures of the late baroque period in the Pustertal valley. It was built around 1770 reutilising the late Gothic walls of a previous nave. Consequently fragments of frescos by the master Simon von Taisten have remained. The interior was decorated by Franz Anton Zeiller in 1768, while the St. Erasmus chapel contains tomb stones in memory of the Counts of Welsberg who are buried here. The adjacent chapel of St. Jacob is graced with murals by Simon von Taisten.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St. Oswald in Tschirland/Cirlano
    Naturns/Naturno, Meran/Merano and environs
    Revered as Guardian of the Crusaders, St. Oswald was the King of Northumberland/England in the 7th Century. Today, however,he is known as patron saint of the Peasants and the Poor, as well as of Water and the Weather. 800 years ago, the St. Oswald Church and its lands
    formed part of the Welfen-Klosters-Weingarten in Baden-Württemberg.
    The Gothic church was redesigned in 1433 and renovated in 1669. The 17th Century altars, altarpieces and frescoes are the work of Simon Ybertracher (1694 – 1772), a baroque painter from Naturno/Naturns. The relics of the Gothic fresco on the southern wall was discovered during the last restoration.
    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Konstantin Church
    Völs am Schlern/Fiè allo Sciliar, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm
    The church in St. Konstantin is the most impressive daughter church of Völs and offers Gothic splendor and unique architecture. Its tower with onion dome and charming pointed arch portals is unique. Inside, a beautiful painting of the church patron Constantine awaits you, lovingly recreated by H. Pescoller. From here you can also enjoy a breathtaking view of the Schlern.
    Churches & Monasteries
    The parish church and gravestone of "Postumia Victorina"
    Sterzing/Vipiteno, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    The parish church "Our Lady in the Moss," located in the south of Sterzing, is considered one of the largest in the Alpine region. It is a late Gothic structure (choir 1417-1451, nave 1497-1524). White marble was used for the massive pillars inside. Significant is the winged altar by the Ulm master Hans Multscher (details in the nearby Multscher Museum) and many other artworks. Particularly richly decorated is the south portal of the church designed by Mattheis Stöberl, with a  commemorative inscription marking the laying of the foundation stone for the nave by Maximilian I in 1497. The Baroque frescoes date back to Adam Mölk and were completed in 1753.

    Postumia Viktorina stone: Roman tombstone found in 1497 during excavations for the foundations of the parish church. It is now located inside the church on the north side.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Ursuline Church
    Bruneck/Brunico, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    Built at the start of the 15th century in the Gothic style, the frescoes in the church are by Johannes of Bruneck and date from around 1420. The crypt of the Ursuline Church is the oldest part of the entire cloister building and dates from the period around 1410; the crypt space is almost empty, but hugely atmospheric - sanctified by centuries of the silence of the dead.

    Holy Mass: Mondays to Fridays at 5.30 p.m., Sundays and holidays at 10.30 a.m. (in German language)

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St Mary Magdalene´s in Tagusens
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm
    High above the entrance into the Val Gardena, to the north of Kastelruth and surrounded by meadows and forest, lies the hamlet of Tagusens. The little church dedicated to St Mary Magdalenen stands at the edge of the dispersed settlement on a distinctive rocky hill. Its position permits the conjecture that a cult site may have already been located here in pre-Christian times. The church building itself is from the Romanesque period and was presumably built in the 13th c., later modified in the Gothic style and finally adapted to the Baroque in 1667.
    Churches & Monasteries
    S. Margereth Parish Church
    Welsberg-Taisten/Monguelfo-Tesido

    The baroque Parish Church dates from 1738, though the tower remaining from an earlier building is Gothic. The artist Paul Troger from Welsberg was one of the most famous 18th century artists in all Austria. In 1737 he donated the three altar pictures to his home village.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church of St. Martin
    Gsies/Valle di Casies

    The gothic Parish Church of S. Martino was mentioned for the first time in 1425. In 1778 the Church was rebuilt in baroque style with frescos from Johann Mitterwurzer. In 1906 the nave was remodeled with frescos from Heinrich Kluibenschedl.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel St. Anna in Schanzen
    Latsch/Laces, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    St. Anna Chapel in Schanzen was built during the first part of the 15th century, it includes a late-gothic wing-altar.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Paul Troger & the S. Margereth Parish Church
    Welsberg-Taisten/Monguelfo-Tesido
    Paul Troger, Baroque painter, was born on 30th October 1698 the son of a sexton and dressmaker in Monguelfo. His “Troger-blue” is still mesmerizing.

    The high altarpiece and the two side altarpieces in the parish church of St. Margaret were donated by Paul Troger to his home church. Paul Troger gave them as a gift to his home church, which was rebuilt from the ground up in the years 1736-1738.

    The high altar painting shows the Holy Margareth with the Apostles Peter and Paul, Bishop Ulrich and St. George, the dragon slayer. The right side altar image represents a single successful composition of the adoration of the Magi, on the left side altar of St. Johannes Nepomuk shows how he distributed bread to the poor. 

    Another work "St. Apostle Judas Thaddeus" by Paul Troger can be viewed at the Raiffeisen Bank, in the immediate vicinity of  S. Margereth Parish Church.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21