Ga meteen naar de inhoud
toegevoegd aan favorieten
verwijderd uit favorieten
Helaas is er een probleem opgetreden. Probeer het opnieuw.
Uw account wordt aangemaakt
Je account is succesvol aangemaakt en je bent nu ingelogd
U bent uitgelogd
Geselecteerde filters
    Afstand in km

    Kerken en kloosters

    De kerken en kloosters in Zuid-Tirol bieden een kijkje in het rijke culturele en religieuze erfgoed van de regio. Van oude Romaanse bouwwerken tot charmante heiligdommen in de bergen, elke plek heeft prachtige architectuur, ingewikkelde fresco's en een serene omgeving. Of het nu de indrukwekkende kathedraal van Brixen is of de pittoreske abdij van Novacella, deze heilige plaatsen nodigen bezoekers uit om zich te vergapen aan hun historische betekenis en momenten van rust te vinden te midden van de adembenemende landschappen van Zuid-Tirol.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church to the St. Stephen in Villandro
    Villanders/Villandro, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The parish church exhibits worth seeing works: the high altar from 1884, side altars from 1903, the pulpit from 1867 and the Queen of the Rosary from the Baroque period around 1700. A high artistic value has also the oil painting of Franz Sebald Unterberger which represents the St. Stephen, as well as the glass painting with the subject of the miners of Villandro in 1520.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Tower of the old Magdalena church
    Vadena/Pfatten, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The tower in the Vadena district of Birti is the last remnant of the curacy church of St. Mary Magdalene from the 14th century. It is 24.6 m high and the walls are 70 to 90 cm thick. You can see the bricked-up arched windows on each side, only one is still open and intact. At that time, three bells hung in the tower, two smaller and one large. The brick helmet is damaged at its top, as the wind had thrown the button off the tower in 1743/44. Due to its very unfavourable location on the open valley floor, the Madgalena Church was hit by countless Adige floods. The church was flooded in 1755. The citizens of Vadena therefore thought about moving the church to the castle chapel in the courtyard of Vadena. In 1794, the church had to be abandoned after further numerous floods, because the water exceeded the altar refectory and the death chests floated around like ships. On 2 July 1795, a contract was concluded between the castle chapel owner Menz and the neighbours in Vadena and the castle chapel was designated as the new curacy church. In 1796, the Church of Mary Magdalene was demolished, only the tower still reminds us of the location of the old church. 

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church of St. Pancras
    Ratschings/Racines, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    The appearance of the parish church to the hl. Pankratius is characterized by different architectural styles. A special highlight are the two gold reliefs.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Rupert’s Church
    Tirol/Tirolo, Meran/Merano and environs

    The church, mentioned as far back as 1332, with its flat ceiling was increased in height in the late Gothic period and lengthened by the chancel with ribbed vaults above short round pillars and pointed corbels. The church was rededicated in 1472. The small tower that was built from hewn stone at the same time as the chancel remained incomplete and was later finished in brick.

    In 1900 the church was extensively renovated. There is a large painting on the façade at the top of which the earlier, lower gable can be seen. In addition there is a broad border with small bust portraits in quatrefoils. On the southern side is the sundial which bears the date 1537. Inside there are traces of gilded frescoes from the early 15th century. The winged shrine with ancient sculptures is of the Schnatterpeck school.

    St. Rupert’s Church was most recently renovated in 2007/08, and the altar dedication took place on 21st September 2008.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church "Hl. Stephanus"
    Niederdorf/Villabassa, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    PARISH CHURCH, ST. ANNE’S CHAPEL AND CHAPEL OF THE DECEASED: St. Stephen’s Parish Church was built between 1792-96 during the late Baroque period and it contains frescoes by Franz Altmutter, sculptures by Nissl and an altarpiece by Martin Knoller. A Gothic-style twofold chapel dating from the 15th century is located to the left of the steps of the church. The lower part of it is occupied by the Chapel of the Deceased, while St. Anne’s Chapel is found above. A fresco by Simon von Taisten may be seen in the Chapel of the Deceased. Chapel of the Deceased open to the public: Daily 8-17.00

    Churches & Monasteries
    Leaning tower of Barbian
    Barbian/Barbiano, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The church of Barbian was built in the 13th century consecrated to the apostle and patron Saint Jacob. Today the only remaining of the old church is he bell tower.


    The church was constructed in a Romanesque style and in the year 1472 it obtained Gothic elements.

    In 1874 – 1877 the Neo-Romanesque nave was added to the Gothic main body (today’s sacristy).


    The inclination of the campanile is attributed to the different grounding on which the tower was built. The half on the downhill side lies on the unstable soil of the Central Uplands and the other half on solid quartz-phillite-rocks. Ing. Fulvio Pisetta carried out a mechanical intervention in 1985 – 1988 to assure the stability of the church tower.

    Height: 37,00 metres

    Inclination: 1,56 metres

    Churches & Monasteries
    The Parish of St. Nicholas in Caminata/Kemanten
    Pfitsch/Val di Vizze, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    The Church of St. Nicholas in Kematen was built despite the pronounced popular hostility between 1801 and 1807, integrating parts of a neogothic construction dating from 1468 into the new building. The Church was consecrated in 1833. The barrel vault was rebuilt in 1861. The main altarpiece is by Anton Sieß (1768) and depicts the patron, Saint Nicholas. The frescoes are by Franz Altmutter of Vienna (1811).

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church of San Nicolò
    Kurtatsch an der Weinstraße/Cortaccia sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Saint Nicholas church in Penon was first mentioned during the 14th Century. It is worth visiting the sacramental house made of sandstone, which possibly dates from around 1380 - Alto Adige's oldest example carved in stone.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of Saint Barbara
    Meran/Merano, Meran/Merano and environs

    The chapel of Saint Barbara stands behind the apse of the Cathedral of Saint Nicholas. It was consecrated in 1450 and was the mortuary chapel of the pre-existing cemetery. It is a Gothic building with an octagonal plan and a crypt below the lower floor. In the chapel there is an elegant stellar vault. On the left and right there are two elaborate Baroque wooden altars, painted to look like wood.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Sebastian church
    St.Pankraz/San Pancrazio, Meran/Merano and environs
    The two-story chapel with a beautiful Baroque altar was built in memory of the plague victims.
    Places to See
    Military cemetery
    Auer/Ora, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The military cemetery in Auer/Ora was originally established in 1916 as a burial ground for the chiefly Russian and Serbian war prisoners who had died while working on the old Val di Fiemme railroad. Additionally, a military hospital was established in Auer during WWI. A burial ground was set up at the site of today's military cemetery for fallen soldiers and for the workers who died during the construction of the railroad.

    During WWII, the burial ground was likewise used as a cemetery for the war dead. The bodies of Austro-Hungarian soldiers who had fallen on the Dolomite Front were exhumed and transferred to their respective national cemeteries. Until 2003, the association for victims of war and combatants of South Tyrol took care of the military cemetery. From 2003 on, the "Schützenkompanie" Auer took over the cemetery's administration.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Severin
    Lana, Meran/Merano and environs

    The church was consecrated in 1433. Valuable frescoes from the 15th century; one of the frescoes shows Mayenburg Castle in its original form.

    Holy Mass:
    Sunday at 7.00 and 9.00 in german language

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Daniel
    Auer/Ora, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Belonging to the Danielhof estate, the scenically located church once belonged to the Benedictine Sonnenburg Abbey in the Puster Valley. The present structure has lancet-arch windows on the south wall and choir screens that probably date from the 14th century. In the early 15th century came fan and ribbed vaulting above wall pilasters, subsequently decorated with mural paintings. The north wall features scenes from the story of St. Daniel (including Daniel in the lion’s den), donated in 1444 by a Bozen customs official. On the north wall of the nave appear Saint Catherine and consecration crosses with the hand of blessing.

    The late-Gothic winged altar from 1525 is an art-historical gem. The predella relief shows the Lamentation of Christ with, to the sides, Catharine and Barbara, Margaret and Dorothy. The central shrine shows the Madonna with Child and the Saints Daniel and Chrysanthus, with Peter and Paul in bas-relief on the inner wings. When closed, the wings show the guardians of the shrine, George and Florian, as well as scenes from the life of the church’s patron saint. Restoration work was carried out in 1991 and 2012-13.

    Churches & Monasteries
    San Nicolò Parish Church
    Sexten/Sesto, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    The newest part of the village from a settlement point of view is located on a gigantic scree. Only the church, which usually provides the centre of the village, is located on a panoramic hill. It is definitely one of the most beautiful church hills in the region! The parish was devoted to the patron of water St. Nicholas. This saint was often chosen in villages prone to overflowing by raging rivers (ancient German winnen = raging). In 1507 the Prato Drava parish church was first mentioned in a document within the framework of consecration. The traditional rectangular floor-plan of proto-Romanic construction was transformed and renovated in Gothic style around1500. The elegant construction with ogive windows and portal has maintained all its Gothic charm, including the floor-plan, the section with support pilaster and pilaster strips , the triumphal art and the polygonal choir stall. Unfortunately in 1821, the vaults were stripped of their ribs, and only a Coronation of Mary and a representation of the legend of St. Nicholas (approx. 1505) are all that remain of the original frescoes in the Church of Prato Drava. The epitaph of the Klettenhammer family with its architectonic frame dates back to the 17th century. The altars, pulpit and confession boxes that date back to the early 19th century exemplify a unified and extremely rustic Baroque style. A steep path with the Stations of the Cross and four wayside shrines leads to the church hill. The wooden statues in these wayside shrines realised in rustic, realistic Baroque style show scenes from the Passion of Christ: The Mount of Olives, the Flagellation, the Crowning with Thorns, Jesus carrying the Cross; the Crucifixion group located in the graveyard is also of the same genre and period (1700 circa). Visiting hours: The church is only accessible during mass celebrations (during the summer season every day).

    Churches & Monasteries
    S. Cyrill Church
    Brixen/Bressanone, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    On the  "Europa-Besinnungsweg" you reach the little church St. Cyrill, which was first mentioned in a document in 1238. In the 17th century it became  a baroque church, but some medieval frescos are still preserved. These include representations of St. Christopher, St. Oswald, St. Mary MagdaleneMary with the child, St. Lawrence and St. Cyril of Thessaloniki.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Nepomuk Chapel
    Auer/Ora, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    In lieu of the parish chapel built in Widum itself under parish priest Paul Nardin, a free-standing and somewhat larger Widum chapel was built in the courtyard in 1869 under parish priest Johann Clauser. It is dedicated to St. John of Nepomuk. The parish with its vaults at ground level, flight of stairs to the 1st floor, and the window and doorframes made out of stone is one of the most ancient buildings in Auer/Ora. It was renovated and extended in an exemplary manner by parish priest Peter Paul Hofmann in 1992. In addition to the parish flat, it houses rooms for the church associations as well as small and large parish rooms.

    Churches & Monasteries
    San Valentino Church
    Sexten/Sesto, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    The San Valentino Church The San Valentino Church was built in 1825 at Bagni di Moso / Bad Moos. The chapel was constructed in 1925 by Valentin Wassermann for bathing guests. In 1980 the chapel was renovated.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Saint Ulrich parish church
    Nals/Nalles, Meran/Merano and environs

    The church of Saint Ulrich was founded during the 12th Century by the cloisters of Saint Afra in Augsburg and has been used as the Nals parish church since 1910. Time table: Saturday 19.00 Sunday 10.00

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Johann´s Church in Taufers i.M. / Tubre i.V.M.
    Taufers im Münstertal/Tubre, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    In 1220, the Church of San Giovanni/ St. Johann in Taufers was built as a Romanesque church in the shape of a cross. The fully frescoed groined vault depicts its Byzantine influence. It is worth seeing the Late Romanesque frescoes. Whole sections of the walls of the predecessor church from the 9th century were used to build the church. 
    Later, the church was used as a hospice church and served as a common room and sleeping place for pilgrims. 

    The church S. Johann in Taufers is open every day from 9.30 a.m. until 5.00 p.m..

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church of Saint Petrus
    St. Peter forms an independent parish, Lajen's parish priest, however, looks after the spiritual welfare. Churches, which are dedicated to Saint Petrus usually point to a high age. The parish church in St. Peter documentarily reaches back to 1241. The church was already rebuilt in the 15th century, so nothing more reminds of the originally Romanesque building today. Today's baroque making is even younger, it was consecrated in 1767. In the inside are great ceiling frescos, which were painted from Josef Arnold,who also painted the blanket frescos of the parish church in Lajen. Three paintings are attached to the parapet of the gallery: Peter cures the lame (on the left), Saint Cäcilia (in the middle) and the conversion of Saint Paulus (on the right). The high altar dates from the building time of the church. The painting represents the farewell of Peter and Paulus. The side altars have different saint figures which have been made in the 18th century. The figures at the outside of the pulpit show figures which symbolize the three cardinal virtues (faith, hope and love).
    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church in Altrei/Anterivo
    Altrei/Anterivo, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The parish church of St. Catherine and St. James is located at the southwest end of the village and was built in the 15th century. It is a simple neo-gothic building, where at the end of the bell tower instead of the typical neo-gothic pyramid, is a “copper helmet”.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Widum – Pfarrhaus” (Widum – Rectory)
    Montan/Montagna, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    In 1336 we find the first evidence of an independent Montan parish priest. Whether he already lived in this house, however, is not attested. Only in 1537/38 - Christian Seidl from Reichental in the diocese of Salzburg was parish priest at that time - is a Widum mentioned, which is described as very small, old and dilapidated.

    The parish priest Alexander Giovanelli, who worked here from 1702 to 1743, rebuilt the vicarage at great expense and settled the matter with the parish and the church provost in 1734.

    The frescoes, St. Nepomuk (water and bridge saint and at the same time the only saint with a star wreath) and the "Mater Dolorosa", whose worship was promoted by parish priest Alexander Giovanelli, were probably also painted at this time. In the Widum there is a panelled farmhouse parlour with an old fireplace, as well as an archive with 233 volumes and baptismal, marriage and death registers from the 16th century. These have been preserved despite looting and arson by the French.

    In the cadastre of 1775, the Widumhof has a stable and barn, "torggl" (wine press), herb garden and small meadows with fruit trees, arable land and vineyards.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Sant Ulrico Church
    Algund/Lagundo, Meran/Merano and environs

    Located on the left bank of the Adige River in the direction of Val Venosta (Vinschgau) valley, there is an accumulation of rubble from Plars. The villages of Plars di Mezzo (Mitterplars) and Plars di Sopra (Oberplars) are found here, as well as the beautiful Late Gothic Church Sant'Ulrico, surrounded by orchards and vineyards. The church was first documented in 1493, although it was most likely built even earlier. At the time, the church belonged to the Bavarian monastery of St. Mang in Füssen. The external frescoes on the southern side of the church are particularly worth visiting.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Barbara Chapel
    Brenner/Brennero, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    The two-storey chapel was built by order of the lords and miners of Gossensass/Colle Isarco in a late Gothic style. Adam Scheiter from Sterzing/Vipiteno was engaged as master builder by Lienhard Pfarrkircher. The influence of the Bavarian “Danubian School” is recognizable by the late Gothic altar. The stair was created by the master craftsman Matthias Stöberl of Sterzing/Vipiteno. The basement houses a crypt, which is used as a mortuary chapel.

    Churches & Monasteries
    San Silvestro Chapel
    Innichen/San Candido, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    The location of the chapel on the highest point of the San Silvestro Valley, has been identified as a prehistoric hillfort. Pre-christian sanctuaries were mostly build in such high located spots. It is therefore possible that also the San Silvestro Chapel was one of the pre-german shepherd's sacred places with a sacrificial altar.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Saint Mary Magdalene Parish Church
    Sexten/Sesto, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    Even though Versciaco only became an independent parish in 1891, the church was first consecrated in 1212. The lower part of today's nave walls date back to this period. The initial construction consisted of a rectangular room with a small apse added to the east and a flat wooden ceiling. The last preserved remains of a proto-Gothic fresco date back to around 1300 and can still be admired: Saint Ursula and her companions. The church might originally have been devoted to this saint of noble lineage, also because all the Saints venerated until Late Medieval times were of princely blood or at least nobles. Every year, three processions from San Candido to this church took place on the Saint's feast day (22nd of July). During the course of the 18th century, the Gothic furniture was replaced by Baroque pieces. The Baroque altar sheets that were replaced by neo-Gothic altars (by Josef Stauder, San Candido) in the 19th century, were carefully preserved and hung on the walls of the choir stall with three pictures: S. Magdalene, S. Sebastian and S. Peter. Even though only the last of the three bears the signature of Seb. Unterberger, it is very likely that all three pieces were realised by his hands. Visiting hours: daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

    Forts & Castles
    Seminary of Brixen / Bressanone
    Brixen/Bressanone, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The seminary of Brixen has a very interesting history. The current seminary building was built in the years 1764-1771 under Prince-Bishop Leopold of Spaur on the site of the old pilgrims' hospice and was consecrated on 28 June 1767. Today the seminary is the seat of the Theological-Philosophical Seminary.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Vigilius Church
    Marling/Marlengo, Meran/Merano and environs

    The Church of San Vigilio, located at 1,780 m above sea level, was first mentioned in the historical record way back in 1278. Masses are held on religious holidays. Contact the Lana Tourist Office for more information. 

    The Mount Vigiljoch is a place with almost magical powers, proven not only by its healing mineral springs at Bärenbad. Just like on St. Hypolyt, the natural energy of this place has been felt throughout the ages. Prehistoric places of worship were located here, as the numerous finds of hand-crafted flint stones and hollowed-out bowls made from stone dating from the Bronze Age prove.

    St.Vigilius church, built at an altitude of 1793 m above sea level, was most likely constructed on the site of a prehistoric heathen place of worship. Its location makes this church one of the 'highest' in Tyrol.

    The church
    First documented in the 12th century, the little church of St. Vigilius has always been called 'weather church' by the locals, as it has always been a place of pilgrimage to ask God's protection against bad weather, rain, hail, thunder and lightning. The walls of the long house date back to early Romanesque times. The Gothic choir with its beautiful ribbed vault and the bell tower were added later. Particularly interesting is the high quality fresco cycle in the interior of the church, which dates back to the 14th century, and depicts the twelve apostles and a Calvary group.

    Wetterhügel Hill and the church above the Jocher peak have not lost any of their magical appeal through the ages.

    Holy Mass

    9 June at 9.30 p.m. Sacred Heart Sunday Lighting of the bonfire with devotion to the Sacred Heart - near St. Vigilius Church
    26 June at 9.00 a.m. Patrocinium cloister start cable car mountain station, church service, gospels and weather blessing
     In July to the end of August on Sundays at 11.00 a.m. in german language
    15 August at 11.00 a.m. Church service with blessing of herbs
    6 October at 11.00 a.m. Harvest festival
    3 November at 11.00 a.m. Hubertus celebration
    25 December at 5.30 pm Christmas mass

    There is a special cable car timetable for Sacred Heart Sunday and 25 December. Last journey at 23.30 hrs

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Katherine's Church
    Bruneck/Brunico, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    Built 1345 and transformed into the Baroque style in 1675, has an attractive onion shaped dome and interesting coats of arms.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church S. Sebastian
    Tiers am Rosengarten/Tires al Catinaccio, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm
    The St. Sebastian Chapel with its bell-tower dates back to the plague period in 1635. Due to the solemn promise of the community it was built in Gothic style and dedicated to the Saints of the plague St. Sebastian and Rochus. The chapel was built on a spot, which was believed to be a place of pagan cult.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21