Ga meteen naar de inhoud
toegevoegd aan favorieten
verwijderd uit favorieten
Helaas is er een probleem opgetreden. Probeer het opnieuw.
Uw account wordt aangemaakt
Je account is succesvol aangemaakt en je bent nu ingelogd
U bent uitgelogd
Filteren
Geselecteerde filters
    Moeilijkheidsgraad
    Duur
    Afstand in km
    Bezienswaardigheden
    Shops
    Golf

    Kerken en kloosters

    De kerken en kloosters in Zuid-Tirol bieden een kijkje in het rijke culturele en religieuze erfgoed van de regio. Van oude Romaanse bouwwerken tot charmante heiligdommen in de bergen, elke plek heeft prachtige architectuur, ingewikkelde fresco's en een serene omgeving. Of het nu de indrukwekkende kathedraal van Brixen is of de pittoreske abdij van Novacella, deze heilige plaatsen nodigen bezoekers uit om zich te vergapen aan hun historische betekenis en momenten van rust te vinden te midden van de adembenemende landschappen van Zuid-Tirol.
    Resultaten
    Places to See
    The church of St. John of Nepomuk in Ranui
    Villnöss/Funes, Dolomites Region Villnösstal

    The tiny church founded in 1744 by the mine owner, Michael von Jenner, is nestled in extraordinary countryside. The altar paintings by Franz Sebald Unterberger from the Fleim Valley are particullary noteworthy. The church is privately owned and the access is subject to a fee.
    However, the church remains closed. 

    Please do not enter the meadows surrounded by fence.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of S. Ulrich, Lasa
    Laas/Lasa, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The Church of S. Ulrich was built in 1842, at the behest of the then parish priest, Martin Tappeiner and, on the altarpiece, there is an image of the Bishop of St. Ulrich.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church "Maria Himmelfahrt" (Mary’s ascension) by Terlan
    Terlan/Terlano, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Parish church "Maria Himmelfahrt" (Mary´s ascension) by Terlan is a building from the High Gothic Period of the 14th Century. The altar room and the choir chairs are the oldest part of the building.
    Catholic services: Sat. 7 pm (every 2nd and 4th saturday of the month) and Sun. 8.45 am (every 1st, 3rd and 5th Sunday of the month) in German and every Sunday 10.15 am in Italian.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The romanesque church of St. Jakob
    Mölten/Meltina, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The Romanesque church of St. Jacob on the Langfenn is located on the highest point of the plateau Salten (1525m). It stands on prehistoric ground and could probably tell exciting and captivating stories from the past . On the altar there are St. Jacob, the protector of the hikers, and the two patron saints of pest Rochus and Sebastian.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church Saint Joseph in Vilpian
    Terlan/Terlano, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Old Joseph's Church

    The old, small church was constructed in 1639 and dedicated to Saint Joseph. The tower was only added in 1865. This church is one of the oldest churches in Tyrol dedicated to Saint Joseph. The interior is arranged like a Capuchin church. The church was extended in 1845.
    The church is not open for visitors.

    Parish Church Saint Joseph the Worker

    Because the old church became too small for the population in Vilpian in 1900, the community planned to build a new church. Due to the difficult financial situation and World War II, the construction of the new church only began in 1949; the bare brickwork was concluded in 1950, and finally in 1955 the church was consecrated. It is a modern, austere sacred building. Over the main altar, there is a life-size crucifix dating from the 17th century. It is an item on loan from the Meran Civic Theatre and is the most important piece of art in the church. The renowned painter Franz Lenhart from Meran painted the two adoring angels on the façade and the monogram of Jesus above the round window over the entry. The bell tower was not realized at the beginning, due to financial reasons. Only in October 1996, was the new tower constructed within a short period of time.

    Catholic services: Sat. 7 pm (every 1st, 3rd and 5th saturday), Sun. 10.45 am (every 2nd and 4th)

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St. Nikolaus a Tablà
    Naturns/Naturno, Meran/Merano and environs

    Saint Nikolaus was bishop of Myra in the 4th century. He is valued as the Patron of the travelers and the hikers. The church is being mentioned the first time in the year 1369. The walls and the tower, however, seem to be built during the roman time. The choir and the portal have been built during the late gothic period (1493). Later on the church has been changed into the typical style of the baroque era. In 1899 a huge fire destructed most of the church, but has been rebuilt. The most precious piece in the church is the late-gothic Altar, probably deriving from the house of Hans Schnatterpeck.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Anthony Church in Settequerce
    Terlan/Terlano, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    This small and cosy chapel was built in 1702 by order of the Commander Johann Jakob Count Thun. It was the second chapel, after the one in Klobenstein that was devoted to the Saint who was greatly revered by him. It is also the crowning conclusion of his building activities carried out at the manor of the Teutonic Order in Siebeneich which began in 1664. The altar with two columns and statues of St. John and St. Jacob, who are the patron saints of the Commander, is credited to the sculptor Cristoforo Benedetti from Castione.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Maria Trens Pilgrimage Church
    Freienfeld/Campo di Trens, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    The church was constructed in 1498 in the late Gothic style and represents the second most important pilgrimage location in the South Tyrol after Maria Weißenstein. The picture of grace (a wooden sculpture of a standing Madonna with child) dates back to 1470. Of particular historical and artistic interest are the numerous carved tablets as well as a painting depicting the transfer of the picture of grace into the new chapel. Open all day.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Capuchin church, Silandro/Schlanders
    Schlanders/Silandro, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The church and the Capuchin monastery in Silandro/Schlanders date back to 1644. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist and, on the main altar, there is a 17th century image portraying Christ's baptism.
    Capuchin fathers lived in the monastery until May 2018, since June 2018 missionaries of St. Francis de Sales manage the monastery.

    The church is open all year. Worship Sun 8 am, on workdays 9 am

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of pilgrimage Madonna di Senales
    Schnals/Senales, Meran/Merano and environs

    Both the delightful Baroque-style pilgrimage church, built in 1304 and expanded in 1765, and the nearby cemetery with its artistic graveyard crosses made of copper and bronze by local artists are well worth a visit. The village of Madonna di Senales/Unser Frau celebrated its 700th anniversary as a place of pilgrimage in the year 2004. It is, in fact, one of the oldest pilgrimage centres in the entire Tyrol region.

    Forts & Castles
    Church of S. George, Corzes/Kortsch
    Partschins/Parcines, Meran/Merano and environs

    Opinions differ as to its founding date and one legend has it that it was built by a knight. In 1376, the chruch and annex were taken over by the Monte Maria Abbey, but today only the ruins of the walls remain.

     

     

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of Maria Lourdes, Lasa/Laas
    Laas/Lasa, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    It is said that the Church of Maria Lourdes was built due to the fact that, on 15th June 1885 in that very spot, a cart fell off a bridge killing Benedict Edler von Vintschgau, of Merano. His wife had the chapel built in his memory, dedicating it to the Virgin Mary. The parish priest, Ortner, later had a new church built in neo-romantic style in honour of the Madonna of Lourdes and it remains a place of pilgrimage even today.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church S. Ulrico at Plaus
    Plaus/Plaus, Meran/Merano and environs
    The Church of St. Ulrich was mentioned in the archives as far back as 1164 and only its large Romanesque bell tower survived a devastating fire in 1400. The church was rebuilt in Gothic style
    and consecrated in 1403. The two Baroque-era paintings by the famous Vinschgau Valley painter, Simon Ybertracher (1694 – 1772), are well worth seeing. The new Church of St. Monika was built next to the old St. Ulrich Parish Church, and is open to visitors during the day.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church of St. Peter and Paul (1801)
    Villnöss/Funes, Dolomites Region Villnösstal

    The parish church of St. Peter was built according to the plans by Matthäus Wachter in the 18th century and was dedicated to the saints Peter and Paul. The late baroque frescoes were painted by Joseph Schöpf, one of the most eminent painters of Tyrol. The bell tower dates back to the year 1897.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church Hl. Mauritius in Sella
    Tramin an der Weinstraße/Termeno sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    To the north of Rechtenthal Castle lies the hamlet Söll whose church is dedicatet to St. Mauritius. The steeple with its paired round arch windows and its brick-built pyramidal roof dates back as far as the 13th century, whereas the church nave and décor are basically realized in Gothic style. Of particular interest is a fresco, unfortunately seriously damaged, depicting the church's patron saint in a cavalry battle. The same patron also features as the central charakter in the winged altarpiece. When leaving the church, you will notice an inscription on the outer wall, just above the small rectangular window. Written in Gothic minuscules it tells that the south annex of the sacred building was wewcted later, in 1470. Just below the church you can see a building that is architecturally very interesting. Its structure is well-proportioned and the elegant wrought iron window grilles aforning the upper floor bear witness of the centuries-old craftsmanship that was at work here. A little further uphill from the church another architectual gem is hiding: here you will come across a group of two or three picturesque old farmhouses, and on the archway of one of these you can still read the initials of one of its formers owners who perpetuated his name back in 1684.

    The left nave is Romanesque. The high altar was built around 1520. The left side nave is Gothic. The altar there contains picture panels of Adam and Eve, probably from Bartlmä Dill Riemenschneider.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of Visitation, Alliz/Allitz
    Laas/Lasa, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The Church of Visitation dates back to around 1640 and inside there is an octagonal-shaped choir enclosure, originally with stucco ornamentations. On the North-facing wall, there remains a faded fresco of St. Sebastian the martyr, which dates back to the original construction.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church La Val
    La Val, Dolomites Region Alta Badia

    Parish church St. Genesius.                                            

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Johannes' Parish Church, Lasa/Laas
    Laas/Lasa, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    St. Johannes' Parish Church in Lasa was erected around 1200 on the site of a previous church from the Carolingian period, as evidenced by a marble fragment dating from these times. The chaotic events surrounding the brutal Swabian War saw the Romanesque church burned down in 1499, although it witnessed a Gothic rebuild a few short years later. St. Johannes Parish Church has been damaged by fire on several occasions throughout its history, with the foundation walls and workpieces of the Romanesque apse only being rediscovered in the 1970s. These were then reconstructed true to the original style.

    The East wall comprises three large blind arches that resemble the profile of a Romanesque basilica. Masterful animal sculptures can be viewed all around the apse, including depictions of a lion and a ram. The altar itself is furnished with a relief that dates from the Early Middle Ages and features St. Sisinnius, St. Alexander and St. Martyrius.

    Worship Sat 7.30 pm, Sun 10 am (Winter Sat 6 pm, Sun 10 am)

     

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church of Assumption
    Mölten/Meltina, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The parish church Maria Himmelfahrt in Meltina/Mölten celebrates its patronage on August 15th. Of its original Romanesque structure, only the lower part of the bell tower is left. The church was Gothicised in the 15th century and extended in the Renaissance style in 1651. Particularly impressive are the coronation of Mary on the high altar (late Gothic) and the Gothic predella on the side altar representing the death of Mary (from Michael Pacher's school).

    Churches & Monasteries
    Sacred Heart of Jesus Church, Tanas
    Laas/Lasa, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The Sacred Heart of Jesus Church was built by Tanas between 1895 and 1897 in neo-romantic style and the sculptures are the work of Anton Santifaller. On the main altar, there are the Madonna and St. Joseph, in adoration of the Heart of Jesus. Worship Sunday 8.30 am in German

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. George's church
    Mölten/Meltina, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The church from St. Georgen is situated on a very historical plateau close to Versein. Numerous findings from the Bronze Age testify the prehistoric settlement of this beautiful place. The carved Gothic altar is ornamented by the statues of Saint Georg, Saint Oswald and Saint Leonhard.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church of Assumption, Silandro/Schlanders
    Schlanders/Silandro, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The parish Church of the Assumption and the Chapel of St. Michael had to be rebuilt after the fire in 1499 and both were restored in neo-baroque style and consecrated in 1505. Around 1900, there were additional stylistic renovations in the 'Jugendstil' and the 90-meter bell tower is the tallest in the entire Tyrol. The church is open all year. Worship Sat 7 pm, Sun 8.30 am, 10 am, 7 pm

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of Sacred Spirit, Silandro/Schlanders
    Schlanders/Silandro, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The Church of the Sacred Spirit is a 14th century gothic construction, which, in 1499, was destroyed in a great fire and was subsequently rebuilt in 1514. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity and houses several frescos dating to the 13th and 16th centuries. The church of the Sacred Spirit is a typical construction of the period complete with portal, inset windows, marble cornerstones and choir stall.

     

    Churches & Monasteries
    Dance of Death at Plaus
    Plaus/Plaus, Meran/Merano and environs

    In the village centre the picturesque parish church is witness to a pious past. Its tower is typical of the Roman Age. The foundation of the parish, according to local lore, dates back to Charles the Great. The church is surrounded by modern artwork. In the graveyard, the Vinschgau artist Luis Stefan Stecher immortalised himself a few years ago in 18 paintings, the "Dance of the Dead" frescoes. The illustrations, of great artistic significance, depict the farming traditions and character of the region, and draw our attention to social outcasts and to our eternal accompaniment, Death.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Cengles/Tschengls
    Laas/Lasa, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary dates from 1499 and the side chapel was added around 1600. It had to be rebuilt after being burned down both in 1885 and in 1924. Today it is considered one of the most beautiful sacral baroque examples in the entire Venosta Valley. The church is open all year. Worship Sun 8.30 am in German

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church at Monte Santa Caterina/Katharinaberg
    Schnals/Senales, Meran/Merano and environs

    After the tight canyon at the entrance to the valley, the valley widens and you will see the chapel of the village of Monte S. Caterina/Katharinaberg on your right. The chapel is like a signpost for the village. Once upon a time, this rocky hill was crowned with the castle of the „Lords of Schnals“, which gave the valley its name. Not only the inhabitants, but also our guests enjoy life in the village: the mild climate, lots of sun, stillness, wonderful hiking routes with direct access to the Merano High Mountain Trail in the Texelgruppe Nature Park, as well as some picturesque views into the valley and over the mountains.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church Assumption of Mary, Lasa
    Schlanders/Silandro, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The Church of the Assumption is a modest little chapel that was probably built sometime during the 1860's and was refurbished in 1984.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Curch S. Monica a Plaus
    Plaus/Plaus, Meran/Merano and environs
    Less than two years under construction, a new church was consecrated
    by Bishop Ivo Muser on 27th August 2017, to coincide with St. Monika’s
    Day. The new church follows a very simple layout. After literally crossing
    through an oversized marble cross at the entrance, the first thing you see
    is a coloured light falling on the altar through the dome. The new church is
    well worth a visit.
    Churches & Monasteries
    The Paul-Schuster-Bild in Vernag
    Mölten/Meltina, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The Paul Schuster Bild on the only way from Vilpiano to Meltina is located sideways to Salonetto and was built in 1900 as a sign of gratefulness towards the protection of Mary.

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21