Ga meteen naar de inhoud
toegevoegd aan favorieten
verwijderd uit favorieten
Helaas is er een probleem opgetreden. Probeer het opnieuw.
Uw account wordt aangemaakt
Je account is succesvol aangemaakt en je bent nu ingelogd
U bent uitgelogd
Filteren
Geselecteerde filters
    Moeilijkheidsgraad
    Duur
    Afstand in km
    Bezienswaardigheden
    Shops
    Golf

    Kerken en kloosters

    De kerken en kloosters in Zuid-Tirol bieden een kijkje in het rijke culturele en religieuze erfgoed van de regio. Van oude Romaanse bouwwerken tot charmante heiligdommen in de bergen, elke plek heeft prachtige architectuur, ingewikkelde fresco's en een serene omgeving. Of het nu de indrukwekkende kathedraal van Brixen is of de pittoreske abdij van Novacella, deze heilige plaatsen nodigen bezoekers uit om zich te vergapen aan hun historische betekenis en momenten van rust te vinden te midden van de adembenemende landschappen van Zuid-Tirol.
    Resultaten
    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church saint Petrus and Agnes
    Olang/Valdaora, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    The parish church in Valdaora di Sotto is one of the oldest of the occident. As district from other churches in the surroundings the mother parish church was able to preserve the baroque equipment.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Agatha church
    Lana, Meran/Merano and environs

    This Gothic church with high-quality furnishings from the Baroque period was first mentioned in the records in 1306. After a successful restoration (1991-1993), a Romanesque apse (dating from 1100) with paintings was uncovered during the excavations. Privately owned.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Moritz Kirchlein church
    Ulten/Ultimo, Meran/Merano and environs

    High up on a sunny slope, at 1,640 m a.s.l., is the small St. Moritz Kirche church. The Crusaders probably rested here, while on their way to the Val Venosta/Vinschgau Valley. Later, it served as a hospice for Church travelers on pilgrimages to Rome. Today, the St. Moritz Kirche is a popular hiking destination. Cultural fans, in particular, are attracted to views of the impressive fescoes from the 15th century. Also note the pointed arch portal, rebuilt in the late Gothic period, decorated with a simple stucco vault from the 17th century and the main altar with a picture of St. Moritz.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Gais Parish Church
    Gais, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    One of the oldest and nicest regional churches in Tyrol.

    Holy Masses on Sundays at 8:30 a.m.

    Special masses are held on all Catholic holidays. The parish church is open daily throughout the year.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of the dead - Totenkirchl
    Sarntal/Sarentino, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The chapel of the dead is situated at an altitude of 2186 metres between the mountain pass of Villandro and Sarentino on the high plateau of the Villandro Alp. The little church has to be renovated constantly due to the unique location. The last renovation was in 1981 by the “shooters of Villandro – Villanderer Schützen”. The crucifixion group inside the chapel is larger than life, for this reason it impresses every visitor. To the chapel of the dead leads a way of the cross which is 4 km long and has 14 stations. Besides, a way of the cross leads from Sarentino to the little church.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of Saint Paul in Rodeneck
    Rodeneck/Rodengo, Brixen/Bressanone and environs
    Already 1341 was there a chapel; It could be that the church of San Paolo was the first chuch of Rodengo. The church is closed and not possible to visit.
    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Nicholas church Roja
    Graun im Vinschgau/Curon Venosta, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    this gothic church at an altitude of 2000m, with frescoes from the Merano School of the XV century, is worth a visit. The cycle of frescoes in the vaulted ceiling of the interior is the life of Jesus from birth to resurrection dar. (key at the inn "Rojen") Categories: culture, Sacred art

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church of St. Andreas
    Ratschings/Racines, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    The holy Apostle Andreas is the parish church in Ratschingstal/Val Racines consecrated. It was first mentioned in 1326, and about 400 years later, a complex reconstruction took place in which a round choir and barrel vault were created. The form remained the same despite various renovations, and so in 2004 the 250th anniversary of the local church was solemnly celebrated.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St Anthony’s Church in Collalbo/Klobenstein
    Ritten/Renon, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The St Anthony’s Church in Collalbo dates from the 17th Century. This church, and also the one in Maria Assunta was built for the use of the summer visitors. Indeed this church should really not have built at all for the church in Longomoso is only a few minutes on foot from Collalbo. But the citizens of Bolzano took themselves to the Ritten court house and presented their case thus: „We need the church in Collalbo not only from our christian zeal and as a means of furthering the praise of God, but also as a comfort and benefit for our souls and as a convenience so that during the summer months it is easier for us to attend Mass more often.“

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of St. Peter
    Laives/Leifers, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The chapel of St. Peter is the symbol of the Municipality of Laives/Leifers, and is also depicted in the town’s coat of arms. It is located on a hill above Laives and dates back to the 12th century. The chapel was originally intended to be the chapel for Castle Lichtenstein. Next to the church there are only a few ruins left of the ancient castle, which was also part of a fortress below, which was built in 1160 and destroyed in 1290. Today the chapel can only be visited from the outside. Inside only the altar remains with its altar stone.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Oswald
    Lana, Meran/Merano and environs

    The Church of St. Oswald in Pawigl near Lana was built in the Middle Ages. The nave walls of the Church of St. Vigilius date from this time, which once marked the most northerly point of the diocese of Trento, and which was painted in the second half of the 14th century with important early Gothic frescoes that are still well preserved today. It was built in the 13th century and extensively renovated in 1876.

    Holy Mass:
    Sunday at 8.30 in german language

    Churches & Monasteries
    The Holy Cross Parish in Wiesen
    Pfitsch/Val di Vizze, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    The fi rst written testimony of the Holy Cross Parish in Wiesen is dated 1337. The Church is said to have been reconsecrated in 1434. The frescoes on the vaulted ceiling by Josef Renzler, dated 1841, are worthy of note. The first written testimony of the Holy Cross Parish in Wiesen is dated 1337. The Church is said to have been reconsecrated in 1434. Today's construction in granite blocks was built with the supervision of builder Adam Schaiter of Sterzing, who combined late gothic and Renaissance elements. In the XIX century, the Church was nevertheless deprived of the gothic elements. The frescoes on the vaulted ceiling by Josef Renzler, dated 1841, are worthy of note. They depict the adoration of the cross by the Emperor Eraclius and St. Cecilia. The altars date from the XVI century, but were rebuilt in 1824. The alterpieces were also realised by Josef Renzler in 1827. The gothic crucifixion dating from the first half of the XIII century is also very important.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Vallierteck
    Graun im Vinschgau/Curon Venosta, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    the hermitage in a forest clearing was originally built by a farmer out of gratitude for the help that he was in 1775 by the mother of God bestowed. In 1886, the new chapel was built under Curate Joseph Stecher and equipped end of the 19th century, the interior with frescoes. The altar dates from the 18th century Categories: culture, Sacred art

    Churches & Monasteries
    Bad Egart Chapel of Reconciliation
    Partschins/Parcines, Meran/Merano and environs

    Bad Egart Chapel was built in the 18th century and is dedicated to Our Lady Mary. The little church is located in the Töll area and belongs to the oldest spa in Tyrol, Bad Egart. The history of the Egart health spa appears to go back to Roman times.

    Bad Egart was once among the best-known health spas in the vicinity of the spa town of Meran. In the past, only renowned spas also had a chapel. For this reason, the owner in those days, Joseph Joachim von Wolfenthal zu Spauregg und Gaudententurm had a chapel built for his guests during the renovation of the bathhouse in 1730.

    Today the little spa church is a pilgrimage chapel. Over the years, many visitors have written down their wishes and thoughts in letter form. The chapel is also believed to help reconcile separated couples.

    The structure of Bad Egart chapel was altered in 1926 and renovated at the end of the 20th century in keeping with the wishes of Karl Platino. It is a protected monument.

    Opening times: see Restaurant / Museum Bad Egart / Onkel Taa opening times.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Anne Tscherms/Cermes
    Tscherms/Cermes, Meran/Merano and environs

    The church was built in the 17th century by Bartlmä von Schöpfer zu Klarenbrunn, the customs official to Archduke Ferdinand on the Gampen and court lawyer in Marling. The altar also dates from the 17th century.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church of St. Joseph
    Ratschings/Racines, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    The construction of the parish church of St. Joseph began in 1764. The baroque country church is decorated in rococo style in the interior and impresses with many details. The church was consecrated in 1768.

    The parish church is located in the centre of Ridnaun.

    Churches & Monasteries
    S. Nikolaus Church in Klerant/Cleran
    Brixen/Bressanone, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The little church of St. Nikolaus in the hamlet of Klerant (850m) dates from the early 15th century and impresses with its rich late gothic frescoes. Besides the depiction of the legends of St. Nicholas, the cycle of the Passion of Christ has been well preserved. The careful decoration of the Salvation Mirror comes from the Brixen school of painting of Master Leonhard (around 1470).

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Benedikt´s Church
    Mals/Malles, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The St. Benedikt church of Mals was ercted in the 8th century A.D. Its Carolingian frescoes are among the earliest murals in central Europe. Originally, St. Benedict's did not have a tower; this was probably only built in the 12th century and therefore appears somewhat oversized. 
    Without doubt, however, the two portraits of the founders are the most interesting. They show the Bishop of Chur and a Franconian landlord in traditional costume. This portrait is unique in Europe, as there is no comparable representation anywhere else. 

    Opening hours 08.04.2024 - 31.10.2024:
    Visitation: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 10 a.m. - 11.30 a.m.
    Guided Tour: Monday, Wednesday and Friday (only in German at 2 p.m. and Italian 2.30 p.m.
    Prices: € 1,80 per person; € 3,00 per person with guided tour
    Registration not required 

    Guided tours only in german or italian language (Info: +39 0473 831190)
    The church is closed on Sundays and public holidays.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Anna’s Chapel
    Urtijëi/Ortisei, Dolomites Region Val Gardena

    St. Anna’s Chapel | A small church built at the beginning of the 15th century in the Ortisei’s graveyard. It features a noteworthy portal and several ancient gravestones and memorials.

    The church will be open only for special occasions.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St. Andreas in Carena/Garn
    Feldthurns/Velturno, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The church belonging to the parish Lazfons, once a Roman, was in the 15th Century Gothic style and received its present from in the 17th Century.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Saint Apollonia Church
    Nals/Nalles, Meran/Merano and environs

    High on a porphyry hill in Obersirmian stands the Saint Apollonia church. The little church, which was originally consecrated to Saint Pelagius, was built during the 12th and 13th Centuries on the grounds of an ancient settlement. It shows a stone-framed portal made around 1500. The Saint Apollonia church stands of a forested hill, which can be reached by car in only a few minutes via the Sirmianerstrasse. The location suggests that the little church was built in early times. The finding of a bronze bracelet refers to an early-historic settlement. The original Roman building was built around 1300 and contains a round apse with struts. The portal is stone-framed with an ogee arch, as well as a round bar. It should date back to the beginning of the 16th Century. The barrel in the longhouse and the groin vault in the choir stalls, reach back to the 17th Century. The niche in the wall with its small iron door was used as a sacrament corner. Saint Apollonia helps when you have toothache and for this reason, is presented with a pair of pliers. She is a symbol of martyrdom, as she went through the ordeal of having her teeth pulled out in a cruel way. The church keys are available at the Restaurant Apollonia, which is situated right below the hill.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St. Anton im Moos in Velturno/Feldthurns
    Feldthurns/Velturno, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    On the way to Säben is on the way, the St. Anthony Chapel, built in 1670 at the instigation of the telltale Jerome and his wife. The chapel was restored in the Tyrolean commemorative 1984. The altarpiece in the early Baroque high altar dates from Nicholas squint.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Anne in Lana
    Lana, Meran/Merano and environs

    St Anne's Church is part of the St Anne's building complex. From the fifteenth to the nineteenth century, St Anne's served as the residence of the priests of the Teutonic Order.
    The St Anne's building complex was built in the first half of the 15th century.
    The building was grouped around two Romanesque towers, which formed the original building stock. The northern tower served as living quarters, while the church was built into the southern tower. It is crowned with a ridge turret set on corbels with a high pointed roof. A heavily yellowed inscription on the west front under the ridge turret indicates the year 1458 as the possible date of construction or consecration.
    The Gothic style began in France in the 13th century, in Tyrol it only began in the 14th century. The building falls into the High Gothic period.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Russian Orthodox Church of San Nicolò Taumaturgo
    Meran/Merano, Meran/Merano and environs

    In the 19th and the 20th centuries many Russians chose Merano to escape from the extremes of the Russian winter, and to receive medical treatment in a healthier climate. In 1897, therefore, the "Zarenbrunn" complex was opened to serve Russian visitors. The Orthodox Church, dedicated to Saint Nicholas the miracle worker, was built to the design of a local architect, Tobias Brenner, and was furnished with both Russian and local works. After a recent renovation, space has been allocated in the Church to conserve an interesting collection of magazines and books (mainly in Russian). A collection of photographs testifies to the golden years of the community in Merano. Opening times: from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the first and third Saturday of the month or by appointment. The Church is closed on holidays during the Easter and Christmas periods. Holy Mass is celebrated in the church on the first and third Sunday of the month.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Anna church
    Graun im Vinschgau/Curon Venosta, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    in the late Gothic style, was inaugurated in 1521. It contains an exterior wall fresco (1600) of George a martyr. Inside there is a endowment founded 1596 altar in Renaissance form is depicting the holy family, the Annunciation, James, John the Baptist and St. Agnes. Be found on the predella of a representation of the founder HJ Khuen of Belasi together with his wife. Categories: culture, Sacred art.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Peter
    Lana, Meran/Merano and environs

    Churches that are dedicated to St. Peter are usually very old churches. For this reason it comes as no surprise that a Church of St. Peter was mentioned in the parish archive as long ago as 1305. The church of St. Peter in Mitterlana was built in its present form in 1680.

    The church features elements of the Renaissance and Baroque periods in both its structure and elaborate furnishings. Alterations, renovations and additions took place between 1770 and 1776, in 1836, 1860, 1901/02 and in 1986.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel "Sießl" - Antholz Niedertal
    Rasen-Antholz/Rasun Anterselva, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    Between the Antholz Nieder- und Mittertal stands next to the street the baroque chapel "Sießl". According to an inscription, the chapel Sießl was built in 1820 and renovated in 1886.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Stumbling stones in Auer/Ora
    Auer/Ora, The South Tyrolean Wine Road
    The "Stolpersteine" (stumbling stones) are a project by the Berlin artist Gunter Demnig that began in 1992. Small memorial plaques laid in the ground, these "Stolpersteine", are intended to commemorate the fate of people who were persecuted, murdered, deported, expelled or driven to suicide during the National Socialist era.
    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Andreas Church
    Völs am Schlern/Fiè allo Sciliar, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The church in Antlas was built around 1360 and has two stone framed arch doors. During the restoration an early gothic mural was found. The key to visit the church can be borrowed at the Zunerhof.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church of St. Rupert in Spinges
    Mühlbach/Rio di Pusteria, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    In the 18th century Baroque elements were added. Its windows portray the maid Katharina Lanz, heroine of Spinga/Spinges who stood up to the attack of the French with a pitchfork. The memorial plaque can be found on the southern side of the church

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21