Ga meteen naar de inhoud
toegevoegd aan favorieten
verwijderd uit favorieten
Helaas is er een probleem opgetreden. Probeer het opnieuw.
Uw account wordt aangemaakt
Je account is succesvol aangemaakt en je bent nu ingelogd
U bent uitgelogd
Filteren
Geselecteerde filters
    Moeilijkheidsgraad
    Duur
    Afstand in km
    Bezienswaardigheden
    Shops
    Golf

    Kerken en kloosters

    De kerken en kloosters in Zuid-Tirol bieden een kijkje in het rijke culturele en religieuze erfgoed van de regio. Van oude Romaanse bouwwerken tot charmante heiligdommen in de bergen, elke plek heeft prachtige architectuur, ingewikkelde fresco's en een serene omgeving. Of het nu de indrukwekkende kathedraal van Brixen is of de pittoreske abdij van Novacella, deze heilige plaatsen nodigen bezoekers uit om zich te vergapen aan hun historische betekenis en momenten van rust te vinden te midden van de adembenemende landschappen van Zuid-Tirol.
    Resultaten
    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of Holy Leonhard at Nauders
    Graun im Vinschgau/Curon Venosta, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    It is an insular, flat - roofed, long - standing church with a semicircular apse from 1130. Romanesque and Gothic frescoes lend the interior an extraordinary artistic appearance. The composition of the Romanesque frescoes is interpreted as traditio legis, the Gothic painting shows scenes from the life of Mary and the birth of Jesus

    Churches & Monasteries
    The old parish church in Marein
    Kastelbell-Tschars/Castelbello-Ciardes, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The core of the old parish church in Marein was presumably built around 1400. At least the stellar vault of the choir and the tracery windows on its southern side are from this period. By contrast the tower and nave were not given their present form until the 17th cent. In addition to a Baroque altar from the 18th cent. In addition to a Baroque altar from the 18th cent. the church also contains an older altar from the 17 cent. Among other things, its other furnishings include two remarkable oil painting: a Madonna and Child with St.John the Baptist as a boy, venerated by St Francis, St Clare and St Catherine, as well a second large-format oil painting, which features ST Odile, who was born blind and gained the ability to see only through her baptism

    Churches & Monasteries
    Convent S. Floriano
    Neumarkt/Egna, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Klösterle in St. Florian/St. Floriano was built in the 13th century as a pilgrims' hospice and offered accommodation to many travelers in the past because of its strategic location, 25 km (one day's walk) from Trento and Bolzano/Bozen. It is one of the few hospices of this type still completely preserved in Europe. It is believed that the famous painter Albrecht Dürer, on his first trip to Italy, sought a place to stay in the Klösterle because of flooding. The well-preserved unique art monument, in Romanesque style, is accessible to visitors via the Dürer path. During the summer months, events such as concerts and plays are staged there.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The Loreto Chapel
    Sexten/Sesto, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    Just like the innkeeper Georg Paprion from San Candido, also the innkeeper Johann Klettenhammer from Prato Drava, was a zealous pilgrim. Both lived around the same time, and like the outer church realised by Paprion, the Loreto Chapel realised by Klettenhammer also provides a testimony to Baroque devotion. The town of Loreto in Italy was a popular destination for pilgrims even in the 17th century, since drawings and paintings of its Chapel of Mercy can be found everywhere in Tyrol. Johann Klettenhammr brought back a copy of the miraculous image from his pilgrimage to Loreto, and constructed a chapel in the style and shape of the Chapel of Mercy - the Loreto Chapel - beside his house. The chapel was consecrated in 1650. It was struck by detritus carried by the flooding of the two rivers, the Mittereggerbach and the Mühlbach several times - the last time in 1965. For the inhabitants it was a miracle, that the chapel had never been destroyed by these miseries: hence, the Loreto Chapel became more and more of a destination for pilgrims. The fresco on the outside wall depicts the legendary transport of the house of the Sacred mother by angels to Loreto. Visiting times: daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church Loretokapelle in Chiusa
    Klausen/Chiusa, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The gothical building was established between 1467 and 1470 of master Jörg. From the outside on recognize the simple portal, the small pyramid-shaped ridge turret and that gothical five-eighth choir with the four windows. Inside the church you can find some informations about the building history and the artistic equipment.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel St. Peter am Kofl
    Toblach/Dobbiaco, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    From the pilgrimage church in Santa Maria, via several stations of the Cross, a meditation road (built in 1996) leads you to the oldest religious sanctum of the Alta Pusteria Valley: St. Peter am Kofl. It is said that the chapel was used as a refuge for some priests during the turmoil of the mass migrations from Aguntum (near Lienz in Eastern Tyrol). St. Peter am Kofl was first mentined in 1329 and later renovated in 1987.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Hippolytus in Glaiten/Le Coste
    St.Leonhard in Passeier/San Leonardo in Passiria, Meran/Merano and environs

    The church of St. Hippolytus in Glaiten/Le Coste overlooks the village of St. Leonhard/S. Leonardo, with a spectacular view of the valley.
    Thanks to the discovery of traces of ancient settlements, the hill where the church is situated is the site of one of the most important archaeological discoveries in the valley. In the late 1950’s shards of pottery were found near the church and subsequently pieces of baked clay were also unearthed. However, since prehistoric relics linked to the church have not yet been found, the exact date of its origins is not known. In the meantime, archaeologists have postulated that the votive fire coincides with the Laugen-Melaun/Luco-Meluno culture (i.e. late Bronze Age, around 1100 – 900 BCE).
    It is even more certain that in the Middle Ages the area was inhabited by farmers, as the farmsteads and other settlements already had Germanic place names.
    Although the Church of St. Hippolytus itself dates back to the fourteenth century, it is believed that it originates much earlier, as the name suggests.
    Of even greater archaeological importance is the Silberhütt-Höhe structure near Stulles/Stuls. Clearly visible on a hillside, it served as a place of pagan worship. As from 1937, several artefacts including fragments of clay, the relics of a mill as well as a perfectly preserved millstone lever were discovered during a logging operation. These and several other small findings suggest that by the third century these settlements survived till the end of the Iron Age. On the outer edge of the steep hill is a rock wall with a number of mysterious cup-like objects.
    Though rarely visited, near the prehistoric archaeological sites and the ancient farm settlement next to the path, lies another noteworthy feature. The Church of St. Hippolytus is the repository of the only fresco cycle in the valley. During the course of minor renovations, remains of frescoes in Giotto’s style depicting scenes from the life of St. Hippolytus came to light. This discovery is of much greater significance and proves that the Florentine school of painting had already spread to Tyrol as early as the fourteenth century. Dating from 1380, these frescoes are attributed to the Bolzano School and may have been commissioned by the young nobleman, Hiltprant von Passeier (deceased in 1418). Due to the damage incurred during construction work in the nineteenth century, the frescoes have only partly been preserved. On the church’s southern façade, there is a portrayal of St. Christopher, which could be the work of the young artist who also painted the interior frescoes. With its coat of arms, the von Passeier nobility has become immortalized, thus increasing the importance of the Church of St. Hippolytus.

    The church can be viewed from the outside only.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The church in Freiberg
    Kastelbell-Tschars/Castelbello-Ciardes, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The church in Freiberg is from the 19th cent. and its neoromanesque altar was installed in 1919. The altar paintin depicts the earthly and heavenly family of Jesus

    Churches & Monasteries
    Lodnerkapelle (Lodner Chapel - Cima Fiammante)
    Partschins/Parcines, Meran/Merano and environs

    The Lodner Chapel is situated at 2,259 metres above sea level near the Lodner refuge hut in the Zieltal valley. On 16 August 1933 the chapel was dedicated by Chaplain Gasser from Partschins/Parcines. Partschins/Parcines Band played at the dedication. Father Schulien, a German missionary from Rome, conducted the mass.

    The landlord of the Lodner refuge hut, Toni Raffeiner from Karthaus/Certosa in the Senales valley, built the chapel following plans by the Meran/Merano Architect, Torggler. It is five metres long, three metres wide, five metres high and built completely from stone. On the wooden roof is a small tower containing the bell from the former Oberhauser chapel, which was destroyed by a landslide in 1917. When the doors are closed there is room for 30 people in the Lodner Chapel.

    The wood was cut on the Nasereit Alp and carried beam by beam up to the Lodner hut. The boards came from the old Stettiner Hut and had to be carried over the Johannesschartl wind gap. The woodwork was undertaken by master carpenter Josef Hueber from Partschins/Parcines. The statue of St. Joseph on the altar was donated by the priest from Karthaus/Certosa in the Senales valley. 

    To mark the occasion of the chapel’s dedication, Cardinal Eugenio Pacelli sent a telegram and donated a picture. On 2 March 1939 Cardinal Pacelli became Pope Pius XII.

    Every year in August, Partschins/Parcines alpine club, in cooperation with the Ziel Alp Association (Alminteressentschaft Ziel), organises the traditional mass for mountaineers and herdsmen in the Lodner Chapel. In accordance with tradition, Partschins/Parcines Band also plays there.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of Raffein
    Graun im Vinschgau/Curon Venosta, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The chapel was probably built 300 to 400 years ago by the farmers of Raffein. It is a simple, small building with a round apse, a shingled roof and a wooden bell tower. The altar bears a picture of the crucifixion of Christ, below is a picture of St. Mary Magdalene. She is also the patroness of the chapel. In the case of a death in Malsau and Raffein, the bell is rung.

    Forts & Castles
    chapel San Sebastiano/St. Sebastian
    Tiers am Rosengarten/Tires al Catinaccio, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    Chapel of St. Sebastian

    The chapel in honor of St. Sebastian was erected in remembrance of the Plague in Tires al Catinaccio. It stands isolated in an idyllic glade, the so-called "holy ground".

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church in St. Sigmund
    Kiens/Chienes, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    The parish church in St. Sigmund is one of the most beautiful historical monuments in South Tyrol. First mentioned in the year 1363, today's building was built between 1449 and 1489. The altar (1440) is one of the oldest and most important sidepiece altars in South Tyrol. The church “Unsere liebe Frau im Stöckl” was built in the year 1621 and enlarged in the year 1644. It was built totally new in the year 1680.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The church of our Lady of Villa
    Neumarkt/Egna, The South Tyrolean Wine Road
    Evidence of a church in this area dates back to the mid-13th century, but the construction of the building as we know it today began in 1412 when the choir loft was built by Konrad von Neumarkt. It was completed when the vault was finished at the beginning of the 16th century. The façade of the church is dominated by the bell tower, which stands above the entrance and forms a vestibule leading to the entrance portal. Next to it, a niche for donations is decorated with a fresco of a Madonna and Child, and on the west side of the tower, a small wooden roof protects a fresco of St. Christopher with the Child Jesus. The interior of the church looks light and elegant. Light streams through eight windows, four of which belong to the choir. Of particular value are the Gothic tabernacle and the pulpit base. Of the frescoes in the interior that have survived the test of time, those on the south wall are attributed to the painter Konrad Waider at the beginning of the 16th century. Coat of arms paintings of the Payr of Caldiff and Khuen mark their tombs on the north side of the nave. In 1767, the church was desecrated because the Trudner Bach, which had overflowed its banks, had destroyed a large part of the interior. As a result, it was used, among other things, as a storeroom. Around the middle of the last century, people became aware of the artistic value of the building, restored it, and consecrated it again. Today the church "Unsere Liebe Frau in der Vill" is considered one of the most beautiful late Gothic churches in the country.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of Saint Cosmas and Damian in Glen/Gleno
    Montan/Montagna, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The chapel Saint Cosmas & Damian in Glen/Gleno was built in the 17th century. The architectural character is quite simple, but the chapel contains numerous artworks on the inside. One of the artworks is the votive picture marked with the year "1691." It may indicate the year of construction of the chapel.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The old parish Church of Scena/Schenna
    Schenna/Scena, Meran/Merano and environs

    During the 12th and 13th Centuries, this church was rebuilt in Roman style and again fully redesigned during the 16th Century. Since then, little has been changed. The Baroque high altar with the statues of Saint Franz Xaver and Johann Nepomuk was built around 1730 and redesigned in 1819. Apart from the four altars in the church, there are a number of valuable individual sculptures such as the late-Gothic Saint Sebastian and the Baroque Saint John the Baptist. The cross stations originate from the middle of the 18th Century. During the restoration work carried out in 1975, some beautiful old frescoes were discovered and the statues were skilfully restored. John’s chapel, which was extended toward the South-East, brought to light some very well kept frescoes from the 14th Century. These were found during the renovation work of the 80s. The frescoes show scenes from the legends about John and Pankraz, as well as the wise and the foolish virgins, the evangelists, angel choirs and other pictures of saints. Since the completion of the new parish church in 1931, it has been used for another purpose, rather than its originally intended goal. It has served as a store room and a practice room for the choir. In March 1981, the church was reopened and once more consecrated. Today, it offers a great framework for religious services and devotions in small circles and weddings. Just across the road, in the sexton’s house, there is a marble relief as part of a wall, which shows the coronation of Mary, which was created during the 14th Century.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Convent Lanegg
    Lana, Meran/Merano and environs

    Lanegg Abbey and the Church of the Holy Cross occupy an imposing position on the mountainside. Lanegg Abbey is the cradle and mother house of the branch of the Sisters of the German Order that was revived here in 1841 after dying out during the Reformation.

    In 1911/12, the Abbey was extended by the addition of the neo-Baroque-style Church. The altars and stations of the cross were produced in the workshop of Josef Obletter in Val Gardena.

    Holy Mass:
    Every day at 7.00 in german language

    Churches & Monasteries
    The curch of the fourteen holy helpers
    Neumarkt/Egna, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Capuchin monastery and its small church were built between 1617 and 1620. The church has a simple design in accordance with the style and regulations of the Capuchin Order: simple in terms of furnishings, bare walls, barrel vaults, and a side chapel on the south side. The high altar is dedicated to the Sacred Heart. The pulpit and the side altars are neo-Romanesque and date back to the 19th century. The altar of the side chapel contains a statue of the mother of God with Child from the middle of the 16th century, which is said to have miraculous powers. Between 1999 and 2003, the whole complex was carefully restored. In the little church, this also led to the renewal of the windows and the benches, which – in harmony with the surroundings – are now simple and linear. Thus, the light penetrates through seven beautiful glass panes that seem to communicate with the faithful through their symbolic meaning of colors and number.

     

    Churches & Monasteries
    Ascension Church in Ehrenburg
    Kiens/Chienes, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    The Ascension Church in Ehrenburg was first built in the year 1370. Today's building was built in the baroque period between 1698 and 1701. The mercy-painting was painted by I. A. Mölck (1755). In the crypt, there is an old statue of the Virgin Mary and other interesting paintings.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Nals river chapel - Holy Cross Chapel
    Tisens/Tesimo, Meran/Merano and environs

    Previously, this was the most visited chapel in the region. It is only 15 minutes by foot from the village centre, situated above the Nalserbach farmhouse at the road leading to Prissian, which was previously also called the Calvary mountain. In the archives of the Tisens parish church, the Nals river chapel was first mentioned in 1713. However, it is most likely older than this date.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church of St. James in Weißenbach/Rio Bianco
    Ahrntal/Valle Aurina, Ahrntal/Valle Aurina

    The present parish church, which we have before us is already the third church in Weißenbach/Rio Bianco. Already in the year 1000 stood near the present-day Kirchler-yard (hence the farm name), a small church, on a small level. However, this small church was a flood in 1336 not withstanding and was swept away.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Loreto Chapel in Kalditsch/Doladizza
    Montan/Montagna, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Loreto Chapel is located in Kalditsch/Doladizza above Montan/Montagna and is part of the "Rothenhof." It was consecrated on September 22, 1702 by Prince Bishop Michael von Spaur. The church day is celebrated annually at the end of September with a solemn service. The high altarpiece is a magnificent work by the Val di Fiemme-based painter Giuseppe Alberti. The inscription on the church roof, visible from afar, depicts a monogram of the Virgin Mary.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Monastery in Gschnon/Casignano
    Montan/Montagna, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    When malaria raged in the swampy Adige Valley in summer, the monks of the Capuchin monastery in Neumarkt moved to the so-called Klösterle in Gschnon, which is 1000 meters above sea level. Today the Klösterle is a self-catering house. In summer, it is used for retreats and spiritual exercises.

    In September, the German Capuchin Order invites men up to 50 years of age to come and live in the Klösterle in Gschnon, to be active together in the mountains, to organize everyday life together, to spend time in worship, silence and prayer, and to engage in conversation.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Convent Maria Steinach
    Algund/Lagundo, Meran/Merano and environs

    Not far from the San Giuseppe (St. Joseph) Parish Church in Riomolino (Mühlbach) is the early Gothic church of St. Mary and the adjacent Maria Steinach Convent. These were built in 1241 by Countess Adelaide, the daughter of Alberto, Count of Tyrol. Legend has it that two doves appeared to show where the Countess should build the convent. During the reign of the Austrian Emperor Joseph II, the convent was closed. It was re-opened in 1848 by the Dominican Nun´s Order of Linz.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Lourdes chapel
    Neumarkt/Egna, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Lourdes chapel at Egna. The construction of the little Marian Chapel is attributed to the will of the parish priest, Johann Giuliani who, at the end of the 19th century, wanted it to complete the “Institute for the Protection of Children”, which he had founded. Inside the chapel, there is a reproduction of the grotto in Lourdes made of tufa rock from the Trodena Creek; the statues of the Madonna and Bernadette adorn the interior of the grotto. The ceiling is decorated with five medallions representing the four evangelists with their insignia and, at the center, the Annunciation. The chapel is still part of the foundation “Asilo infantile di Egna” (Egna kindergarten). In 2014, it was restored at the hands of a local restorer, Lucia Giacomozzi.

    Forts & Castles
    Grave Mrs. Emma Hellensteiner
    Niederdorf/Villabassa, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen
    Emma Hellensteiner (23 April 1818 - 9 March 1904)

    Emma Hellenstainer was a charismatic host, an excellent cook and a pioneer for tourism in the Alpine region. The “Schwarzer Adler” (Black Eagle), as the Hotel Emma was known then, became known far beyond the country’s borders. Her charm captivated guests from all over the world. Visitors from Germany, Great Britain, Italy - they all came to Villabassa because of the beautiful local landscape, but mainly because of Emma and her engaging personality.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Lourdeskapelle in Proveis
    Proveis/Proves, Meran/Merano and environs

    The construction of this sacral building in the Gothic style goes back to the apparition of the Mother of God in 1858 in Lourdes to Bernadette, who was later canonized. As a result of the numerous pilgrimages to the now world-famous place of pilgrimage, churches and chapels were consecrated to the Mother of God of Lourdes in many places at the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Monastic Church at Säben
    Klausen/Chiusa, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The simple building established 1687 from Giovanni Delai. After a collapse a new consecration took place in 1693 . A splendourful iron lattice separates on the inside the visitor from the sister

    Churches & Monasteries
    The parish center of Egna
    Neumarkt/Egna, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    House number 17 of the Via Portici is a building of great historical and artistic interest, whose long period of restoration has allowed for the documentation of the construction and embellishment phases. At the end of the 15th century, the first construction phase took place, from which you can still see the original three-pointed arch vaults of the arcade and the late Gothic profile of the windows on the façade, walled in and substituted in later eras. The painted ceiling of the great central hall stems from the first half of the 16th century and is considered one of the most beautiful ones in the entire region. This hall is situated between the atrium and the back courtyard, measures 17 x 6 meters, and is illuminated by two triple-mullioned late Gothic windows. The ceiling is beamed, with painted friezes framing painted wooden boards that feature allegorical motifs, male and female portraits, and coats of arms of noble and village families of the area. In the middle of the 16th century, the atrium was completed, inspired by the Renaissance, characterized by incised decorations and by a loggia of semicircular arches on three sides of the second floor. The rich painted decoration of the atrium on the first floor stems from the end of the 16th century, while the frescoes on the façade date back to the 1600s. The building was purchased by the town in 1889 and donated to the parish in 1978; today, it is the seat of the parish community of Neumarkt/Egna.

     

    Churches & Monasteries
    Old Parish church La Val
    La Val, Dolomites Region Alta Badia

    Old parish church St. Genesius.                                                         

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Sylvester’s Chapel in Vallunga
    Meran/Merano, Dolomites Region Val Gardena

    This tiny, charming place of silence and meditation was dedicated to the patron saint of cattle. 300 year-old frescoes illustrating the history of Jesus' life were uncovered during restoration work in 1993.

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21