Ga meteen naar de inhoud
toegevoegd aan favorieten
verwijderd uit favorieten
Helaas is er een probleem opgetreden. Probeer het opnieuw.
Uw account wordt aangemaakt
Je account is succesvol aangemaakt en je bent nu ingelogd
U bent uitgelogd
Geselecteerde filters
    Afstand in km

    Kerken en kloosters

    De kerken en kloosters in Zuid-Tirol bieden een kijkje in het rijke culturele en religieuze erfgoed van de regio. Van oude Romaanse bouwwerken tot charmante heiligdommen in de bergen, elke plek heeft prachtige architectuur, ingewikkelde fresco's en een serene omgeving. Of het nu de indrukwekkende kathedraal van Brixen is of de pittoreske abdij van Novacella, deze heilige plaatsen nodigen bezoekers uit om zich te vergapen aan hun historische betekenis en momenten van rust te vinden te midden van de adembenemende landschappen van Zuid-Tirol.
    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Antonius church
    Brenner/Brennero, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    The church was first mentioned in 1418. The actual building was erected beetween 1880-1888 in the Romanesque style.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Kuppelwies church
    Ulten/Ultimo, Meran/Merano and environs
    At the end of the Zoggler lake lies Kuppelwies, with its simple little church, rebuilt in 1952 for the old chapel, which at that time was compressed by the overdeep snow (120 cm).
    Churches & Monasteries
    St. John Chapel
    Brixen/Bressanone, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    To the south of the cloister is the chapel of St. John with its unobtrusive exterior, originally probably the house chapel of the bishop, later the baptistery. It has two floors and is decorated with precious frescoes from the romanesque (1250), early (around 1320) and high gothic (1st century of the 15th century). According to tradition, the Synod of Bishops met here in 1048, which Emperor Henry IV had convened in the course of the investiture conflict in order to have Pope Gregory VII deposed and elevate Clement III to the position of antipope

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of the Holy Cross
    Lana, Meran/Merano and environs

    The Church of the Holy Cross Heilig Kreuz Kirche in Mitterlana is the central church in Lana and dates from the 20th century. The church was built during the term of office of the Dean, Rev. Alfred Delucca OT in the politically and economically difficult years between 1938 and 1943. The building was completed in 1950 and inaugurated during the Feast of Christ the King by Suffragan Bishop Oreste Rauzi of Trento.

    The spherical roof of the tower is colloquially known as the Lana Apple by the local people. What is today's main parish church in Lana was built between 1938 and 1950 following plans by the famous Stuttgart church-builder, Otto Lindner, in the style of an ancient Roman basilica.

    Holy Mass:
    Saturday at 18.00 (in summer at 19.30) in german language
    Sunday at 07.00 Uhr and 09.00 in german language

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church in St. Anton/S. Antonio
    Kaltern an der Weinstraße/Caldaro sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Patronal feast: January 17th The oldest parts of the church are in the tower (13th century) and in the nave walls. Around 1430, the Gothic Polygon Choir was added. The uniformly re-creation of the choir from 1472 have been carried out by the two painters Bernhard and Jakob, who worked in Bolzano. The great Christophorus on the southern façade is also a work of this painting group.

    The church is accessible only during the holy masses (Monday 8 am).

    Source: Parrish office Kaltern

    Churches & Monasteries
    Schenna/Scena, Meran/Merano and environs

    The mausoleum was built between 1860 and 1869 according to the plans of the Vienna architect professor Moritz Wappler, as a burial place for Archduke Johann of Austria and his family. The church is situated on an artificial terrace at the western edge of the church hill and is one of the earliest and without doubt the most successful sacred building in the Neo-Gothic style. The building was constructed of red sandstone and granite from the Ifinger region. In the underground crypt chapel with its heavy ribbed vaults, there is the marble sarcophagus of Archduke Johann and his wife.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church in S. Nicolò/St. Nikolaus
    Kaltern an der Weinstraße/Caldaro sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Patronal feast: 6th of December

    The core building dates back to the 13th century (late Romanesque brickwork on the tower floor and on the west wall). Around 1520, a new building was built by construction workers from Como. Vault paintings have been made by Bartlmä Dill Riemenschneider, son of Tilman Riemenschneider. Since 1733 pilgrimage place.

    Source: Parrish office Kaltern

    Churches & Monasteries
    Circular Hike on the Martinsweg Trail
    Marling/Marlengo, Meran/Merano and environs

    Martinsweg trail is an easily accessible, newly laid circular route named after the small Church of St. Martin, which is located close to the Eggerhöfe farmsteads.


    Churches & Monasteries
    Santo Sepolcro Church
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs
    The Santo Sepolcro Church also known as the Church of Calvary, can be reached in about 20 minutes following the forest path that starts from via Santa Geltrude or from the road that goes up from via Piè di Virgolo. A handful of minutes, following the via crucis, and here we are, immersed in the forest. From here you can enjoy a wonderful panoramic view over Bolzano and the Sciliar plateau.

    The church, built between 1683 and 1684, has been for centuries a place of pilgrimage. On the right, looking at the entrance of the church, there is a chapel that contains the fountain with Christ. In past times couples used to do small fertility rites to become a child. The elders of Virgolo still remember a popular belief who said that children came into the world under the fountain of the chapel and weren't brought by the stork.

    The church has been restored in recent times, but the countless love-graffiti are safe. Pilgrims and lovers engraved the walls of the sepulchre with love messages from the 18th century up to our days and it is a real emotion to read those messages that overlap over the centuries and tell the story of hundreds of people through a heart, a flower, a name, a date or a promise of love.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Convent of St. John in Müstair
    Taufers im Münstertal/Tubre, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The St. Johann Benedictine convent of Müstair Valley across the border in Switzerland is a well-preserved monastery complex that dates back to the Carolingian period. Here, Benedictine everyday life, cultural cultivation, art and research meet. Legend has it that none other than Charlemagne laid the foundation stone for the monastery. Immediately after his coronation, Charlemagne was caught in a snowstorm on the Umbrail Pass. Out of gratitude for having survived this, he founded the monastery in Müstair in 775. 
    St. Johann Monastery has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1983. 

    More information, guided tours and opening hours of the monastery church at:

    Churches & Monasteries
    Cross of Latzfons
    Sarntal/Sarentino, Brixen/Bressanone and environs
    The first rituals held at this site, where the little church has overlooked its wonderful views since 1743, probably date back to prehistoric times, although we cannot be sure of when exactly it was that people began to discover the unique aura of this place.

    One thing is for sure: the road to the Latzfons Cross (2,311m), highest pilgrimage site in South Tyrol and erected on the south face of the Kassian Peak, is the oldest pilgrimage trail in South Tyrol.

    The mountain refuge hut, close to the church at an elevation of 2,305m, has provided countless pilgrims and hikers with refuge and sanctuary over the years. Innumerable wonderful tales have been told about this sacred place, such as the legend of the “Black Christ” who, with a nod of his head, decided on the spot where the crucifix should be erected. Prayers sent up from here at the end of the pilgrimage, about an hour’s walk up a fairly steep road from the Klausen hut to the cross, afford protection to one and all, particularly from the wrath of the elements.

    The view stretches over to the Langkofel, the Grohmann Peak, the Kesselkogel and the Rosengarten. It is not just the view that makes this place special though, but the atmosphere which pervades the site and can be felt instinctively by all those who come here.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Church in San Lugano
    Truden/Trodena, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The Late Gothic parish church St. Lukan with Romanesque Tower is located in San Lugano -Trodena in the Nature Park.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church "St. Leonhard" in Unterplanitzing/Pianizza di Sotto
    Kaltern an der Weinstraße/Caldaro sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Patronal feast: November 6th The late Romanesque rotunda was probably connected to a medieval pilgrim hospice. On the frescoes on the inside, at the feet of the sculputre "St. Leonhard with the chain", the coat of arms of the lords von Fuchs is recognizable. Around 1420 a new building of the church was built. The equipment came from the "Grabenkirche" of Bolzano.

    Tower in Pianizza di Sotto
    The medieval residential tower was owned by the lords Fuchs von Fuchsenberg in 1739.

    Source: Parrish office Kaltern

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Jakob's Church
    Brixen/Bressanone, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The small church in St. Jakob got its actual shape in the 15th century. The Christophours – painting on the outer wall as well as several paintings of saints on the inside were made by an unknown master of Brixen of the 15th century. The altars are new Gothic.The church is locked for safety reasons, the keys are available at the nearby farm.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of Pedross
    Graun im Vinschgau/Curon Venosta, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The Neo-Gothic church in Pedross was built from 1908 to 1912 according to the plans of the brothers Paul and Theodor Huter from Innsbruck under the curate Franz Habicher and inaugurated on 28 October 1912 by the Brixen prince-bishop Franz Egger. Patron Saint is the St. Martin, pictured in the large window behind the high altar. The church is painted yellow. It has an open porch and a rose window above the entrance to the west. The interior of the church is decorated with a barrel-shaped ribbed vault. The church has 10 large windows, all of which were donated by private individuals. The church has three altars designed, carved and painted by Josef Bachlechner. The pulpit, designed by Josef Bachlechner and made by J. Peitner from Wilten, shows Christ as sower and the four evangelists. The Stations of the Cross is a relief in wood, executed by the sculptor Franz Kobald from Schwaz. The left side altar is dedicated to the Virgin Mary, the right to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The central theme of the neo-Gothic winged altar in the presbytery is the Holy Trinity. The outer sides of the wings show the victim of Melchizedek on the left and the sacrifice of Abraham on the right. Inside the altar shrine the saints Wolfgang and Wendelin are depicted. Wendelin is the patron saint of shepherds and peasants and was much revered in Langtaufers. The chapel in the nearby "Ochsenberg" is also consacrated the St Wendelin. Under the windows of the presbytery the seven sacraments of angels are represented in round medallions. On the ceiling of the whole church various herbs, flowers and medicinal plants are depicted. The cemetery is built around the church. Here the deceased are buried from thea first part of the valley.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Abbey Monastero di Sabiona/Kloster Säben
    Klausen/Chiusa, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    Sabiona is the spiritual cradle of the entire Tyrol region and one of its oldest monuments.

    Today, the fortress is the site of the enclosed convent of the Benedictine nuns. Some parts of the monument can be visited every day from 8 a.m. to 5 or 6 p.m.

    Instead, the church of Our Lady is open from the middle of April to the end of octobre every Tuesday  from 2 to 5 p.m. Guidet tours on request. 
    Groups of 15 or more persons can reserve a guided tour even outside normal hours. Information in the Tourist Office Klausen, Tel. 0472 847 424

    Holy Mass: Sunday at 8:30 clock and Monday – Saturday at 7:15 clock (German)

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church "St. Johannes" in Oberplanitzing/Pianizza di Sopra
    Kaltern an der Weinstraße/Caldaro sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Patronal feast: June 24th The construction dates are written on the church itself. The year 1581 can be seen at the end of the choir, 1586 at the southern entrance. The choir of the church was built in Gothic-renaissance mixed forms. The high altar contains an altarpiece of the painter Johann Degler of Funes. 

    The church is only accessible during holy masses.

    Source: Parrish office Kaltern

    Churches & Monasteries
    Holy Cross Curch - Convent Sabiona
    Klausen/Chiusa, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    Holy Cross Curch The continuity of the cult reaches from the early Middle Ages over the Roman and gothical church to the present building, which developed around 1679. The inside surprises by the winding and ceiling paintings, which probably come from a native painter. In the apsis is the cross of the master Leonhard from Brixen.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church in the village "Dörfl" - St. Joseph
    Mals/Malles, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The church to the St. Josef im Dörfl, in Muntaplair was built by Jakob Dietl and his mother Anna Lutzin at his own expense and consecrated on 10 October 1705 by Prince-Bishop Ulrich VII. The bell from the year 1798 had to be delivered on May 22, 1918 for war purposes. The pedestal of the altarpiece is decorated with floral patterns. The altar structure consists of two pillars. In the volute gable is a representation of the "Blessed Mother of the Good Council". The side statues represent the St. Martin and the St.. Florian. The altarpiece shows the St. Josef with angels and comes from Matthias Pussjäger. The little church was restored in 1964 at the instigation of the then pastor Alois Rainer to the primate of the priest born in the village Kassian Waldner. On the occasion of the 300th anniversary in 2004, at the suggestion of Pastor Anton Pfeifer, the little church was dehumidified outside and inside, and two windows were broken out to the right and left of the entrance. Three times a day, in the morning, at noon and in the evening there is a ringing and someone dies from the village, in the little church of the soul rose wreath is prayed.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church Sanct Anna Villanders/Villandro
    Feldthurns/Velturno, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    In 1726 a little church was dedicated to the miners of the “Pfunderer” mine. However, it was immediately too small so that today’s construction of the Early Baroque with choir and little tower was built in 1736. The secluded little church was expanded in 1934, though plundered and devastated in 1964. Until the First Wold War there had have been a weekly mass, initially Saturdays, since 1840 every Thursday. The cultural and historical altarpiece is a replica, the original altarpiece is located in the parish church to the St. Stephen. It shows the miners at work and around them the saints of the miners. (St. Daniel, evangelist John, Virgin Mother with the baby Jesus and her mother the saint Anne, as well as patron saint of the mines Barbara)

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Jakob's Church
    Brixen/Bressanone, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The church in St. Jakob in der Mahr was consecrated in 1428 to the patron of the pilgrims. On the inside, the artistic decor is remarkable: in the vault the lamb God, surrounded by 16 arms, such as Brixen, Kärnten, Austria and many local aristocratic families. The representation of the legend of Jakob in the choir is from the painter- school of Master Leonhard von Brixen.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Magdalena chapel
    Ratschings/Racines, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    Although the first reference to a church consecrated to St. Magdalena appeared in a letter of indulgence dating to the year 1273, the origins of the chapel would appear to stretch even further back in time. The chapel as we know it today was built around 1480/1481 by the Schneeberg/Monteneve miners. The centrepiece of the chapel is the late-gothic winged altar, created in the workshop of Matheis Stöberl in 1509 and depicting scenes from the life of Saint Magdalena together with a number of other saints considered to be patron saints of miners. The second altar, attributed to artist Hans Harder and dated ca. 1470, is also worthy of note. Other works date back to the late Gothic and Baroque periods. In 2004, the church underwent extensive renovations. The altar and ambo were created by Hartmut Hintner of the Gsies/ Casies Valley in 2005.    

    From the beginning of May to the beginning of November, a guided tour in German and Italian takes place in the miners' chapel every Monday from 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm. In July and August, there is also a guided tour every Friday from 10.30 am to 11.30 am.
    The guided tour is free of charge. No registration required.

    Churches & Monasteries
    church of S. Vitus Tiles / Tils
    Brixen/Bressanone, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    Tils with a late gothic church has been recently elevated to a parish. It is consecrated to St. Vitus, the old saint of the farmers, whose painful martyrdom is represented in the nave.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church Santa Maria
    Ritten/Renon, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The modest little church in Maria Saal was built in the mid-1600s and then was expanded in 1719. According to a local legend the miraculous image above the altar had originally hung in a sheep barn. Due to an ever-growing number of pilgrims then finally a church was built. Like many other churches, this one too was closed down under the reign of Joseph II. In 1847, it was re-inaugurated by prince bishop Johannes Tschiderer who celebrated his first mass in Collalbo on August 3rd 1800. Tschiderer was beatified by Pope John Paul II in 1996.

    The rather particular motive, a fresco of the Madonna with an umbrella, in the round arch between presbytery and nave has contributed to this pilgrimage church’s popularity. The fresco was painted by Alexander Dejaco as an expression of gratitude for his unscathed return from World War I, leaning on the prayer “Under thy shield and protection we seek refuge, o holy mother of God”. This painting also takes on a special meaning as the Renon mountain is a rather arid area, thus its farmers would pray to the Holy Mother for rain in times of great draughts and water scarceness.  

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church Saint Joseph
    Brixen/Bressanone, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The Roman Catholic Church of the Congregatio Jesu in Brixen is consecrated to St. Joseph. The classicist building was owned by the Order of the English Misses until it was taken over by the Autonomous Province of South Tyrol in 2011.

    The classicist façade is simple and is divided by four pilasters. These are crowned by a triangular gable. Above the rectangular portal there is a round-arched window.

    In addition to stucco work by Franz Singer, there is a high altarpiece inside the church depicting the death of St. Joseph. It was probably painted around 1770 by Josef Anton Zoller for the parish church in Schmirn. To the left and right of it are the figures of St. Joachim and St. Anna.  On the left side altar is the painting of St. Philomena by Gebhard Flatz (1870), on the right side altar the communion of St. Antonius by Jakob Fink (1846) is shown. In the choir there is a ceiling painting with the representation of Jesus in the temple by Josef Mühlmann (1854). The other paintings and the neo-baroque decorative painting are by Johann Matthias Peskoller (1904).

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of Hinterkirch
    Graun im Vinschgau/Curon Venosta, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The church is located on a moraine heap at 1873 meters above sea level and is thus one of the highest parish churches in the diocese of Bolzano-Bressanone. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas (6 December), the second patron is the St. Magdalena (July 22). It was first built in 1440. In the 1730 it was plundered by soldiers.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Albes Church
    Brixen/Bressanone, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    Already in the Bronze Age, there existed a settlement at Abeins/Albes, mentioned in a document for the first time around 960, under the name of Allpines, later Albines. The actual church was built around 1320, at the end of the 15th century it was rebuilt and finally, in 1784, it was changed into Baroque style. It is consecrated to the Saints Hermagoras and Fortunat (painting on the high altar). The side statues date from the first part of the 18th century and represent the St. Albuin and the St. Ingenuin, while the wall- painting on the front and the ceiling fresco on the inside date from the period around 1700. The oldest church of the village is the Margarethen- Church. It has been arched in the late Gothic period, changed into Baroque in the 17th century with remnants of Gothic and Baroque frescoes. Precious Mary- statue of Master Leonhard von Brixen.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of S. George
    Prad am Stilfser Joch/Prato allo Stelvio, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    With the miraculous great Lord of Agumes the Church of St. Georg, visible from a distance, it turned into a popular destination for pilgrimages.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church at Haselried
    Kiens/Chienes, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones
    The church in Haselried was first recorded in 1436. The Church is build in a late Gothic style.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21