Ga meteen naar de inhoud
toegevoegd aan favorieten
verwijderd uit favorieten
Helaas is er een probleem opgetreden. Probeer het opnieuw.
Uw account wordt aangemaakt
Je account is succesvol aangemaakt en je bent nu ingelogd
U bent uitgelogd
Filteren
Geselecteerde filters
    Moeilijkheidsgraad
    Duur
    Afstand in km
    Bezienswaardigheden
    Shops
    Golf

    Kerken en kloosters

    De kerken en kloosters in Zuid-Tirol bieden een kijkje in het rijke culturele en religieuze erfgoed van de regio. Van oude Romaanse bouwwerken tot charmante heiligdommen in de bergen, elke plek heeft prachtige architectuur, ingewikkelde fresco's en een serene omgeving. Of het nu de indrukwekkende kathedraal van Brixen is of de pittoreske abdij van Novacella, deze heilige plaatsen nodigen bezoekers uit om zich te vergapen aan hun historische betekenis en momenten van rust te vinden te midden van de adembenemende landschappen van Zuid-Tirol.
    Resultaten
    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Georgen
    Lana, Meran/Merano and environs

    Church from the 13th century. Remnants of mural from the 14th century on the facade. Remains of a wooden church from the time around 800 AD, the only one south of the Alps. Only open during masses.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of St. Helena in Töll/Tel
    Partschins/Parcines, Meran/Merano and environs

    Mentioned for the first time in 1326 in a charter of the "Allerengelberg Carthusian Monastery" in the Val Senales/Schnalstal, which granted the monks "the right to fish from St. Helena's Church at the Tel/Töll up to Eyrs (Val Venosta Valley)." The walled-up Romanesque windows on the south side, as well as the patronage "St. Helena with the Cross," suggest an older age! The current form, an almost square structure with a straight-ending chancel with polygonal vaulting, definitely originated in the 14th century. The barrel-vaulted, straight-ending chancel and the small tower with a square helmet date from a later time. Remarkable is the panel painting on the north wall (15th century), the crucifix (16th century) and the statues of the "Sorrowful," "St. John," and "St. Helena" (17th century), the neo-Gothic altars from the 18th century, dedicated to "St. John of Nepomuk" and "St. John," and placed instead of the former Gothic high altar. From the fresco on the southern exterior wall, only a little of St. Christopher is still visible, and the niche of St. Helena is now empty.

    Adjacent is the "Töllmesnerhof," which was also used as a schoolhouse until 1991.
    In 1993, on the hundredth anniversary of Peter Mitterhofer's death, the first Typewriter Museum was opened in the former school rooms, thanks to the private collection provided by Kurt Ryba.


    Visiting the church is only possible by telephone reservation (see contact).

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Johannes Gargazon/Gargazzone
    Gargazon/Gargazzone, Meran/Merano and environs

    The old church of Gargazon was first mentioned in 1337. The nave walls date from this period, the present form came into being in the 17th century. The fresco on the facade dates from the 14th century, the stucco marble altar from the 19th century. The church is not open to visitors.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Holy trinity Hospital Church
    Niederdorf/Villabassa, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    HOLY TRINITY HOSPITAL CHURCH: With the founding of the hospital in 1456, a chapel was built nearby (1456-1473). Further expansion to the size of the present church took place in the middle of the 17th century. The Hospital Church is decorated in the Baroque style.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Felix
    Marling/Marlengo, Meran/Merano and environs

    The Church of St. Felix (St. Felixkirche), which is situated above the Marling Waalweg trail, is only accessible on some guided tours of the village. The water in the open well has long been said by the local people to have special healing powers.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St. Justina
    Eppan an der Weinstaße/Appiano sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    About 1300 the Boymont family built a small church on this spot and employed the chaplain Perdonig. From the 18th century onwards, the chaplain was resident here, and travelled back and forward to Perdonig. Today, a pensioned dean lives here and reads the mass. Architectural style: parts of the walls at the entrance, from the Romanesque, and wall frescoes in the apse in the eastern part have been preserved. The apse was renovated at a later date. You can also find Baroque red chalk inscriptions and two square windows that are set into an arch. The late Gothic tower has a pyramid shaped roof. The entrance in the eastern part was given a stone frame between 1645 and 1649. Peculiarities: the carved altar and the pictures and relieves from the 16th and 17th century are well worth seeing. The early Gothic gravestone of the Boymont family, which has been moved to the Bozen Town Museum, came from this church. Walking: if you walk to Paulser Aich, or from Eppan/Berg towards St Pauls, you will pass this beautiful little church. It can also be incorporated into walks to Perdonig or Boymont and Festenstein, Hocheppan and Schloss Korb (starting in St Pauls). An ideal starting point is the hotel and restaurant St Justinahof.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St. Stephanus
    Montan/Montagna, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Stephanus Church was originally built in Romanesque style around the year 1200. Afterwards the church was rebuilt in the Gothic style. Inside the church there's the famous winged altar, which was created around 1485 by the South-Tyrolean artist Hans Klocker. Today, this altar is one of the biggest and most beautiful winged altars of Tyrol.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church S. Valburga
    Ulten/Ultimo, Meran/Merano and environs

    Since the second century, there is a church on the hill in S. Valburga / St. Walburg. It is believed that their location dates back to an even earlier sanctuary. The tower and apse are Romanesque in style and date back to the 12th century. At the end of the 15th century, the windows were raised and equipped with pointed arches, which enlarged the formerly round apse and transformed it into a Gothic presbytery. In 1840 the nave was extended, in 1867 the bells were renewed. The high altarpiece represents Saint Walburg, the two side altars are dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mary. Above the bow you can see a painting by Peter Fellin from Meran. From the same painter are also the murals of the patron saint of St. Walburg and those of her uncle, St. Boniface. Legend has it that the church has been relocated to the center of the village time and time again, but Saint Walburg has always returned to its hilltop location.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Hospital church in Chiusa/Klausen
    Klausen/Chiusa, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    After 1200 bishop Konrad von Rodank established a house, in order to be able to offer travelers accommodation and care - therefore the name "Hospital Church". After numerous floodings only and alone the small, round place of worship kept until today.

    Churches & Monasteries
    S. Magdalene in Prazöll
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    This little church is located amindst the picturesque vineyards of the Santa Maddalena hills and it is dedicated to Mary Magdalene, patron saint of the wine-grower. 

    The church is worth visit for its precious frescoes. Each year on the 22nd of July a splendid festival takes place in Santa Maddalena, celebrating the saint Mary Magdalene. 

     

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Hippolyt's Church in Naraun/Narano
    Lana, Meran/Merano and environs

    [[For the "Gasthaus Hippolyt: https://gasthaus-hippolyt.it, Tel. 0039 0473 42 00 37]]

    The St. Hippolyt church in the north of the municipality of Tisens/Tesimo, near the village of Völlan/Foiana and above Lana, dominates the hill of St. Hippolyt in Naraun/Narano, which is visible from afar. 

    This is not only a popular and easily accessible excursion site, whose panorama from the mountains of the Texelgruppe all the way down to Bolzano is second to none, but also an ancient settlement and cult site. Finds of Neolithic arrowheads, blades and mortars show that people were already living here in the 4th millennium BC, almost 6,000 years ago, making it one of the oldest prehistoric settlement sites in South Tyrol. There is also evidence of a prehistoric sanctuary on the hill.

    The little church of St. Hippolyt was first mentioned in 1288, but is probably much older - not least because of its rare patron saint. Parts of the nave walls and the offset round apse still bear witness to the Romanesque church. The two pointed-arched slit windows and the likewise pointed-arched entrance door with rosette in the west were created during reconstruction work in the Gothic period. Towards the end of the 17th century, the tower was added (a votive picture from 1679 still shows the church without a tower, but with a choir bell wall). The bell was cast in 1566 by Simon Hofer and is thus the oldest surviving bell in the parish. The barrel vault in the nave was inserted in 1762 (see date on the triumphal arch). 
    Inside the church, the altar and the pulpit date from the 2nd half of the 17th century, the statues of St. Isidore and St. Roch, as well as the image of St. Hippolytus from the 2nd half of the 18th century. 

    As Saint Hippolyt is also venerated as the patron saint of the weather, ringing the bells in thunderstorms were once part of the duty of the sacristan of St. Hippolyt in Naraun. Due to the exposed location of the church, however, lightning strikes occurred time and again. Since the 17th century, no fewer than six deaths during weather ringing have been recorded in the parish's death register, which is why the little church was given the nickname "Zum bösen Segen" (to the evil blessing). 

    The church is only open on certain holidays. However, the hill offers a wonderful panoramic view all year round.

    The path of reflection to the Luminous Rosary and in memory of Pope John Paul II, built in 2010, leads to the church. Six bronze reliefs with the mysteries of the Luminous Rosary and a portrait of the deceased Pope await the pilgrim on the way. They are works by the artist Robert Giovanazzi from Merano, which were realised by the art founders Stefan and Vinzenz Dirler, natives of Prissian/Prissiano.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Pufels/Bulla Parish Church
    Urtijëi/Ortisei, Dolomites Region Val Gardena

    The beautiful Romanesque church, dedicated to St. Leonard, was built around the 13th century. Its main altar dates back to the 18th century.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Johannes in Lana
    Lana, Meran/Merano and environs

    The Church of St. John Nepomuk was built in the 17th century. It carries trains both the Renaissance and the Baroque and contains precious altars, statues and votive paintings, which recall the once flourishing pilgrimage here.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of S. Leonardo
    Mals/Malles, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    Lovers of Gothic ought not to miss this gem. Not only the S. Leonardo's Church winged altar from the late 15th century, associated with the wood-carving studio of Hans Schnatterpeck, but also the unique frescoes, are worth seeing.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Stiftskirche in Gries / Chiesa Abbaziale a Gries
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The story of the Benedictine Monastry of Muri Gries Dates back to the 13th Century, commissioned by the Counts of Morit-Greifenstein. It was first inhabitated by Augustinian Monks, then pillaged during farmer's war, destroyed during the Napolenic war and discontinuing during the Bavarian government. The curch ist dedicated to St. Augustin and houses important frescoes by Martin Knoller. Access permitted only to the inner gatter.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of S. John
    Prad am Stilfser Joch/Prato allo Stelvio, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    This very early church stands in the south-east part of the village, in the midst of green meadows. The church was built in the Romanesque style by the von Tschengels as their proprietary church at the end of the 13th century; it then benefited from the pastoral care of clerics from Tschengls. The last member of the Tschengls died in 1421. Inside the church John the Evangelist and John the Baptist are revered as patron saints. In the course of time the church was adapted to contemporary architectural styles and enriched with devotional pictures. Particular sights worth seeing are:

    • Romanesque and Gothic frescoes
    • the gallery from c. 1600
    • the wooden baroque ceiling and pews
    • a grave-stone from the Counts of Tschengels
    • the frescoes uncovered in the last century
    • two frescoes by Karl Plattner (1948)


    The last constructional measure was the reroofing with small shingles in 2002.

     

    For visits, contact the Prad am Stilfserjoch tourist office.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church Roncadizza
    Urtijëi/Ortisei, Dolomites Region Val Gardena

    Josef Runggaldier commissioned this parish in 1900 to honour St. Joseph as a sign of his gratitude after having survived an accident whilst working in the woods. A painting inside the church depicts the episode. The extension project was stopped in 1979. However, a new church was started in 1981 and consecrated in 1984.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Collegiate Church
    Innichen/San Candido, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    The Collegiate Church in San Candido is one of the most beautiful sacral buildings in Roman style in the Eastern Alps. The Collegiate Church was constructed around 1143 when the Benedictine Convent of San Candido founded in the 8th century by Duke Tassilo from Bavaria III was transformed into a Collegiate Church. The Church assumed its present appearance around 1280, while the bell tower dates back to between 1320 and 1326. The monumental walls recall the style of the fortresses favoured by the crusaders and the many castles built in the days of the Hohenstaufen. Also the church was meant to be a fortress of God. Worth seeing are the monumental Roman fresco, the special crucifixion group, and the crypt.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church "San Vito"
    Prags/Braies, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    The church contains a neo-Gothic altar. The cementery is the last home of the famous Alpinist Viktor Wolf Edler von Glanvell.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Jacob’s Church (la “dlieja da Sacun”)
    Urtijëi/Ortisei, Dolomites Region Val Gardena

    St. Jacob’s Church San Giacomo’s Church, dedicated to the patron saint of pilgrims and travellers, is traditionally known as the oldest church in Val Gardena: its origins date back to the 12th century. | It is located right above Ortisei, along the ancient path, “Troi Paian”. From Ortisei you can reach the idyllic , sunny hamlet comfortably by ski- or summer bus or by car. Here you are surrounded by nature and you can enjoy a breathtaking panoramic view. After a 15-minute walk (slightly uphill) you will arrive to the San Giacomo Church. Alternatively, you can start from Ortisei and take a slightly sloping trail (Path of Dialogue), which takes you to the San Giacomo Church in about an hour. Another beautiful circular walk connects S. Cristina (Plesdinaz) with the church. The current overall appearance is Gothic, and the inside is part Gothic and part Baroque. The church features remarkable frescoes (late 15th century) in the presbytery. Wall paintings from the 16th century, illustrating the legend of San Giacomo (St. James), decorate the area near the pulpit. The local wood-carving tradition is represented in the main altar. Around 1750 the Vinazer-Pescosta brothers decorated it with spiral columns, gilded images of ancient church leaders, apostles and angels. The current sculptures and artwork on the main altar are replicas made by local carvers. The originals are on display at the Val Gardena Museum in Ortisei.

    GUIDED TOURS to the church weekly in Winter and Summer. Reservation and more details at the Tourist Office Ortisei.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Saint Erhard Church
    Brixen/Bressanone, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The Church of Saints Gotthard and Erardo was built in the 13th century by the Voitsperg next to the ancient preposition and restored in the 14th century. Rebuilt in baroque form by auxiliary bishop Wilhelm von Vintler and consecrated in 1695. Since 1971 it has been used as an evangelical worship.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church St. Wolfgang
    Olang/Valdaora, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    Most of the sacred buildings are bound on legends, like the parish church in Sorafurcia. A bear shall have attacked the Arndt farmer whereon he built a church.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Hippolyt
    Tisens/Tesimo, Meran/Merano and environs

    This small, originally Romanesque, church named after the not so well known Saint, is situated on a unique basalt hill above Lana.

    St. Hippolyt is a popular destination for excursions, a mythical place of energy since ancient times and an archaeological excavation site of prehistoric times. On St.Hippolyt one of the oldest settlement areas of the region was located.

    The place was first mentioned in writing around 1200 A.D. but findings of Neolithic arrow heads, blades and scraping tools are proof of early settlements dating back 4,000 years.

    Some of the excavated items are on display at the site. There are also traces of fire scenes that prove that this place was a scene of pagan rituals long before it became a Christian site.

    Tipp
    The exposed location above Lana offers a fantastic panoramic view and accounts for the popularity of St. Hippolyt: From here you can see 20 towns and around 40 castles, fortresses and ruins. There is a comfortable walking trail leading from Völlan to the little church.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Helena Kirchlein church
    St.Pankraz/San Pancrazio, Meran/Merano and environs

    The small church is located on a wooded hillside (at 1,532 m), visible from far away. It is a popular destination for leisurely walks and excursions into nature. The church was first chronicled in 1338. In successive years, it was re-built several times and finally inaugurated by the bishop of Trento in 1698. The neo-Romanesque high altar distinguishes itself through its beautiful baroque statues, and the altar piece is also very attractive.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Josef Church in Moos
    Sexten/Sesto, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    St. Josef Church in Moos was built in 1679, you will find there some beautiful frescoes of Rudolf Stolz.

     

    Churches & Monasteries
    The Parish Church in Longomoso/Lengmoss
    Ritten/Renon, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    This church was probably built between 1220 and 1225. It is dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary. It has been very much altered over time and in 1510 was enlarged in the Gothic style. The tower, which is not very tall, was probably first erected in 1300 and shows signs of the coming Gothic style, as do the slightly pointed tower windows. The tower was not extended in 1510 and so today makes rather a modest impression

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of the Holy Ghost
    Meran/Merano, Meran/Merano and environs

    In 1271 Meinhard II built the hospital an the adjoining Church of the Holy Spirit outside the walls of the town. The building is a fine longitudinal German Gothic "hall" church. The facade, which is sumounted by a small bell-tower, is divided up by buttresses and a very fine double ogival portal, decorated with the symbols of the Trinity and the kneeling figures fo the people that commissioned the work. Masses (in Italian only) Weekdays: 8:30 a.m. Holiday eves: 6:30 p.m. Holidays: 11:00 a.m.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St. Laurentius in Velturno/Feldthurns
    Feldthurns/Velturno, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The St. Laurentius church (Gothic with Romanesque nave walls) stands at the heart of the village. It was built between 1286 and 1295 and extended in around 1400. The tower was not built until the 16th century and was not given secure enough foundations – so Feldthurns has its very own "leaning tower"!

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21