Ga meteen naar de inhoud
toegevoegd aan favorieten
verwijderd uit favorieten
Helaas is er een probleem opgetreden. Probeer het opnieuw.
Uw account wordt aangemaakt
Je account is succesvol aangemaakt en je bent nu ingelogd
U bent uitgelogd
Filteren
Geselecteerde filters
    Moeilijkheidsgraad
    Duur
    Afstand in km
    Bezienswaardigheden
    Shops
    Golf

    Kerken en kloosters

    De kerken en kloosters in Zuid-Tirol bieden een kijkje in het rijke culturele en religieuze erfgoed van de regio. Van oude Romaanse bouwwerken tot charmante heiligdommen in de bergen, elke plek heeft prachtige architectuur, ingewikkelde fresco's en een serene omgeving. Of het nu de indrukwekkende kathedraal van Brixen is of de pittoreske abdij van Novacella, deze heilige plaatsen nodigen bezoekers uit om zich te vergapen aan hun historische betekenis en momenten van rust te vinden te midden van de adembenemende landschappen van Zuid-Tirol.
    Resultaten
    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church dei Santi Pietro e Paolo
    Latsch/Laces, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    Dates from the 12th century and contains stylistic elements from romanesque up to neo-gothic. The main portal in white marble was created by Oswald Furter in 1524. In the north aisle is a gravestone in red sandstone from the year 1350. The white marble gravestone, the small wooden altar and the statues of St. Anna and St. Joseph are works of the master sculptor Gregor Schwenzengast from Latsch. The large pictures in the altar room (18th century) are works by Simon Ybertrachter from Naturno.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Holy Cross Chapel
    Lajen/Laion, Dolomites Region Val Gardena

    The Holy Cross Chapel, built in 1755 in Rasciesa di Fuori (over 2200 m) is also worth a visit. The chapel was restored in summer 2012.
    The chapel is located at Resciesa and can only be reached on foot in about 45 minutes, starting from the top station of the Resciesa funicular. It is a flat and easily walkable trail suitable for the whole family.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Leitnstöckl
    Toblach/Dobbiaco, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    The "Leitnstöckl" is one of the many plague shrines in our area. At the "Leitnstöckl" there is a beatiful view of the surrounding mountains an the center of Dobbiaco/Toblach. 

    The hiking trail offers a wonderful view of Dobbiaco and leads past the Leitnstöckl chapel. The chapel is of great historical importance as it is one of the plague sticks and is reminiscent of the time of the Black Death in the Alps. The path leads through Dobbiaco and the sunny faction Wahlen.

     

    Churches & Monasteries
    Pilgrimage church St. Maria in der Schmelz
    Martell/Martello, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The small pilgrimage church Unsere liebe Frau im Walde stands on the Schmelz, in middle of the wooded Martell Valley, where a mine is mentioned as early as 1448. This charming miners' chapel was donated in 1711 by the Counts Hendl from Kastelbell, sold in 1816 due to famine, extended with a tower in 1856 and rebuilt in Neo-Gothic style in 1894. Until after the Second World War, the people of Martell moved in procession from the parish church in the main village to the chapel on the Schmelz for the annual celebration of the church consecration. The day of patron saints is on first Sunday in July, around the Visitation of Mary (2nd July), with a field mass and sermon by the erratic block next to the church.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Dear Woman Church at Säben
    Klausen/Chiusa, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    Dear Woman Church The building was established by Giacomo Delai between 1652 and 1658. On the inside on can admire the cover paintings of the baroque painter Stefan Kessler, magnificent stucco works of Francesco Carlone and Simon Delai.
    This church is open to visiti from july to septembre every tuesday, friday and saturday from 2 to 5 pm. In octobre to mid of novembre is open only on friday and saturday from 2 to 5 pm.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Santissima Tinità Church
    Algund/Lagundo, Meran/Merano and environs

    The local parish priest, Anton Martin Schenk, had the Santissima Trinità (Church of the Holy Trinity) built in the Velloi (Vellau) district in 1742. The church soon became too small for the growing population of the village and was extended by local peasants, completed between 1894 and 1895. Only then Velloi could accommodate its priest for the first time. The latest restoration of the small church was in 1975.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church "Santa Maria in Colle"
    Latsch/Laces, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    In 1992 in the church "Unsere liebe Frau auf dem Bichl" the in Laces standing stone (3.300-2.200 B.C.) was found during restoration work by the State Monument Authorities. The stele, which is made from the finest Vinschgau marble, formed the supporting surface of the altar table. The top and bottom parts as well parts of the left upper side of the 107 cm high, 77 cm wide and 12 cm thick stone are missing. It was probably originally located around where the current church stands on the hill and would thus have been visible from afar. As well as the iconic features common to all the male engraved stones from the Etsch valley group, such as scalloped belts, axes, daggers, clubs, bows, various decorative elements and fringed capes, elements are present that belong to the Lombardy group from Val Camonica and Valtellina, such as suns, deer and stylised male figure. Thus the in Laces standing stone is great proof of the ancient connection of the Vinschgau and the Etsch valley and the valleys of north-eastern Lombardy.


    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of Saint Bartholomäus
    Lajen/Laion
    The church reaches back to the year 1437, but it might be fundamentally older. According to the legend the Church of Saint Bartholomäus is the oldest place of worship on Lajener area. The entrance, the stout tower with the shingle pyramid and the sound windows show obviously Romanesque features. The inside shows fresco remains in different places, in the past, the church was probably colored completely. The altar is kept in the late baroque style and represents Holy Mary with saints. There are the statues of holy Josef and holy Johannes between the columns. The sculptures at the left long house wall (Katharina and Barbara, Bartholomäus and a Bishop) are valuable, too. In addition, are worth mentioning the old baptismal font and the bell from 1580 (next to the altar). Between the church and the Mesnerhaus is a walnut tree, which is a splendid natural monument.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of Santo Sepolcro in Spinges
    Mühlbach/Rio di Pusteria, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    next to the parish church is the "Cappella del Santo Sepolcro" (Chapel of the Holy Sepulchre, 17th century), with lagre marble angels and fígures depiciting Jesus Christ

    Churches & Monasteries
    Stilfes / Stilves Parish Church
    Freienfeld/Campo di Trens, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    The church is consecrated to St. Petrus and the earliest recorded mention of the building dates back to the start of the 13th century. The ceiling frescoes were painted by Christoph Brandstätter and combine with the interior of the church to produce a remarkable example of a room dating from the late Baroque or Classical period. Open all day long.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Holy cross chapel Resciesa/Raschötz
    Lajen/Laion
    The Holy Cross Chapel is a mountain chapel on Resciesa near Laion/Lajen. The little church was built in 1755 and has been preserved until today. The last restoration took place in 2012 by the rifle company Laion and since then the chapel has been protected as an architectural monument. Inside the church there is a large crucifix that dates back to the first half of the 18th century. In summer, the chapel is always open to visitors during the day.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of Pazin
    Graun im Vinschgau/Curon Venosta, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The chapel stands in the middle of the smal village Pazin. The roof and the attached wooden tower are covered with wooden shingles. In the sanctuary stands in a niche of stones, the statue of Our Lady of Lourdes. Above the altar on the ceiling, in a blue star, is a maria monogram painted in gold with glowing rays. On the barrel vault a cross with the heart of Jesus is painted on blue background and decorated with golden stars.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The Church of Our Lady in Lajen/Laion
    Lajen/Laion
    The late Gothic church was mentioned already in 1147 for the first time. According to the legend the church stands on the foundations of a heathen victim place. Today's building was built in the 15th century. Gothic elements of the church are the ogival portals, the rosette window above the main entrance with the Gothic three passports and the dainty net ribbed vaulting inside. The high altar (at 1620) shows Jesus' birth, statues of Peter and Paulus as well as figures from the Life of the Virgin Mary. The painted windows on the left and on the right side of the high altar were donated from Lajen's nobility families in 1905. The remaining fittings are in the neo-Gothic style. The tower of Our Lady's Church is adorned on the northern side and has impressing frescos.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church S. Luzius
    Latsch/Laces, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The parish church of St. Lucius in Tiss in Coldrano was given its uniform gothic design back in 1491. Its gothic mural painting on the southern side of the church is worth a look, also the marble gravestone laid by Governor Franz Hendl.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church Klarissenkloster zur hl. Elisabeth
    Brixen/Bressanone, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The Brixen Poor Clares Monastery was already founded during the lifetime of St. Clare.
    There is no documents about the foundation itself and where the first sisters came from. The oldest written document is a letter of liberty from the Prince-Bishop of Bressanone, Henry IV, dated May 10, 1235, in which the monastery and the newly built church in honour of the Virgin Mary and St. Francis were freed from all secular and spiritual judicial constraints.

    The church of St. Elisabeth was originally a romanesque church, which was rebuilt in the 15th century into a gothic church and then in the 17th century into a baroque church. At the entrance portal there is a crucifixion scene and the coronation scene of Mary with the Franciscan saints (St. John of Capristan, St. Bernardine of Siena, St. James of the Mark, St. Elizabeth, St. Clare and St. Agnes). The interior is indented with a groined vault above which the Sisters' Choir is located. The choir of nuns, which is located above the vault, is under strict enclosure. Behind the choir stalls there is a small "chair" for each sister, which is individually decorated with devotional objects and pictures.

    The walls of the presbytery show scenes from the life and work of St. Elisabeth of Thuringia (left: Rose miracle and the banishment from the Wartburg; right: death and burial of the saint). The high altar is a niche construction with four columns and a volute gable (by Peter Passler from Neustift). The picture shows the alms donation of St. Elisabeth. It is flanked by St. Francis and St. Clare. While the left side altar shows a scene of shepherd adoration, the right side altar picture shows Joachim, Anna and little Mary.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of Kapron
    Graun im Vinschgau/Curon Venosta, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The chapel in Kapron was built by Josef Pläs (Blaas) in 1743 and renovated in 1908 by his granddaughter Aloisia Blaas. Both can be found in the inscription in the interior above the entrance of the chapel. In the chapel are various pictures with the cartridges: the ST. Sebastian, Our Lady with Child, Evangelist Johannes and St. Joseph. In May, Mayan prayers are held in the chapel and at funerals, processions and prayers the two bells of the chapel are rung.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of Melag
    Graun im Vinschgau/Curon Venosta, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The chapel in Melag dates from the 17th century. The bell in the wooden ridge is still rung every day in the morning and in the evening. Inside, a painting depicts the Coronation of Mary by the Most Holy Trinity and is signed with Jörg Fally. On the altar in a carved frame with foliage, vines and angel heads hangs a picture of Matthias Pussjäger, which represents the flight of the holy family to Egypt.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Old parish church St. Leonhard
    Bronzolo/Branzoll, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    In Bronzolo/Branzoll we find one of the most beautiful church squares in South Tyrol with the romanesque and late gothic parish church St. Leonhard.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Castle chapel "Sankt Stephan"
    Latsch/Laces, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The castle chapel of St. Stephen in Morter, or the sistine chapel of the Venosta Valley as it is also known, dates back to 1487, and certainly does rank among one of the most remarkable churches in the Southern Tyrol. Although the tiny church appears simple and unassuming from the outside, the magnificent frescoes in the interior are an absolute must for those who are interested in art and culture.

    Open every Friday + Saturday from 14.30-17.30 (April-October).

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church to the sacred heart of Jesus
    Bronzolo/Branzoll, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The original church of San Leonardo in Bronzolo/Branzoll had become too small and so the new neo-Romanesque parish church was built in 1896. It is a three-aisled basilica with a perforated clerestory, flat ceiling and a bell tower with a pyramid roof. The church was inaugurated in 1897 and dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of Patscheid
    Graun im Vinschgau/Curon Venosta, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The chapel in Patscheid was probably built in the 17th century. It is a small building with a ridge turret and a bell from 1914. Inside the chapel hangs a panel painted on wood, depicting a picture of Mary with the saints Joseph and Anna.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The Holy Grave Chapel in Barbiano/Barbian
    Waidbruck/Ponte Gardena, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The Holy Grave chapel is situated just below the road, which connects Waidbruck to Barbian, just near the Wohlaufhof (farmhouse). The chapel has a very simple baroque altar. This little chapel was probably built during the 17th century in connection with a crusade. This impression is strengthened by three road crosses, which can be found in the surrounding area. In 1701, the chapel underwent a renovation paid for by Mr. Leiter, the post master of Kollmann and was cleaned up again in 1983. Ask for the key from the nearby „Wohlaufhof“, tel. 0471 654 024

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of Saint Johannes
    Lajen/Laion
    Already in 1239 was mentioned the consecration of the church. Today's making should have been made, however, in the context of a baroque change in the 18th century. The stout tower with the four-sided pyramid roof is impressive. A broad canopy is located in the main entrance at the west façade. The frescos at this façade show the Saints Johannes, Laurentius, Stephanus and Christophorus and were donated, according to an inscription, from Hans von Freising to Aichach and Dorothea von Freising in 1727. The altar is in a neo-Gothic style. A sculpture , called the "Johannesschüssel", is a copy of a very valuable sculpture from the 14th century. A sculpture of Saint Mary with her child from the master Leonhard of Brixen's school is also deposited in this church.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Church "St. Karpophorus"
    Latsch/Laces, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    St. Karpophorus Church in Tarres was taken over between 1212-1214 as a gift from Emperor Friedrich who was in possession of the German Order of Knights. The church tower, which was spared from being converted at a later stage, is probably the most beautiful of all of the structured roman towers in the Venosta region. The church forms part of the “Stairway to Heaven” project.

    The church can be visited on request on Thursdays from 1.30 p.m. to 2.30 p.m. 

    Churches & Monasteries
    Holy Cross Curch - Convent Sabiona
    Klausen/Chiusa, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    Holy Cross Curch The continuity of the cult reaches from the early Middle Ages over the Roman and gothical church to the present building, which developed around 1679. The inside surprises by the winding and ceiling paintings, which probably come from a native painter. In the apsis is the cross of the master Leonhard from Brixen.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of San Vigilio and Biagio
    Latsch/Laces, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The Vigilius/Blasiuskirche church in Morter is of pre-roman origin and it ranks among the oldest and most important religious buildings in the Venostaregion. Its "oriental" appearing architecture is particularly striking, while the consecration inscription reveals the year 1080. The church is one of the cultural centres of the “Stairway to Heaven” project.

    The key can be collected from the hotel at MARTIN's in Morter 
    +39 0473 742 049

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel in Lerschach
    Toblach/Dobbiaco, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    The 5 chapels (1519) representing scenes from the Passion of Christ. Together with the former "Görz" chapel in the parish church and the circular chapel in Lerschach, they form the so-called "Calvary Mountain" pilgrim road. The chapel was built to commemorate the fallen in the war against the Republic of Venice.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of Perwarg
    Graun im Vinschgau/Curon Venosta, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    This chapel belongs to the inhabitants of Perwarg. Inside there is an altar with an image of the painful Savior. In the 18th century, Florian Greiner from Schluderns painted a Way of the Cross for the chapel, which was removed in the 1980s for security reasons.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of Pfleif
    Graun im Vinschgau/Curon Venosta, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The chapel in Pleif is spacious and several benches give way to the faithful. On the walls hangs a simple Way of the Cross and the altarpiece shows the St. Agatha, a work of the Nazarene painter Caspar Jele. On the roof is a small tower with bell attached.

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21