Ga meteen naar de inhoud
toegevoegd aan favorieten
verwijderd uit favorieten
Helaas is er een probleem opgetreden. Probeer het opnieuw.
Uw account wordt aangemaakt
Je account is succesvol aangemaakt en je bent nu ingelogd
U bent uitgelogd
Filteren
Geselecteerde filters
    Moeilijkheidsgraad
    Duur
    Afstand in km
    Bezienswaardigheden
    Shops
    Golf

    Kerken en kloosters

    De kerken en kloosters in Zuid-Tirol bieden een kijkje in het rijke culturele en religieuze erfgoed van de regio. Van oude Romaanse bouwwerken tot charmante heiligdommen in de bergen, elke plek heeft prachtige architectuur, ingewikkelde fresco's en een serene omgeving. Of het nu de indrukwekkende kathedraal van Brixen is of de pittoreske abdij van Novacella, deze heilige plaatsen nodigen bezoekers uit om zich te vergapen aan hun historische betekenis en momenten van rust te vinden te midden van de adembenemende landschappen van Zuid-Tirol.
    Resultaten
    Places to See
    Pilgrimage church Unsere liebe Frau im Walde
    U.L.Frau i.W.-St. Felix/Senale-S.Felice, Meran/Merano and environs

    The Marian Sanctuary is located in the village of Senale in the region of Alta Val di Non. Various legends surround this place of pilgrimage, on of the oldest of South Tyrol.

    On 1.184 the first stone of  the Sanctuary was placed. On 1.432 the church was enlarged, to get the present shape. At the beginning of XIV century the pilgrims flow, decreased, so the convent, attached to the hospice, lost its independence, then to belong to Augustinian order of Gries, Bolzano.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Martin - Kampill Church
    Karneid/Cornedo all'Isarco, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Quite exceptionally and thanks to the cooperation with the Parish of Central Churches in Bolzano, the Touring Club of Italy and the Bolzano Tourism Board, this tiny church opens the doors to the visitors. The late-Romanesque Church of St. Martin in Kampill, consecrated in 1180, boasts prestigious frescos of Bolzano's pictorial art.
    During the special openings the loading zone on Via Innsbruck Straße is suspended. Due to the lack of pedestrian crossing, reaching the Church by public transport is recommended.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church Saint Cyriak
    Pfalzen/Falzes, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones
    The Parish Church Saint Cyriak was originally a gothic building. In 1851 the church was newly build (consecration in 1854).
    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Georg Church
    Tiers am Rosengarten/Tires al Catinaccio, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm
    From the old church from 1332 only the lower part of the tower with its Roman round arch window still remain. The red tower with its imperial roof was built in 1739. The last redesign of the church’s interior during the second half of the 19th century gave the church its New-Roman touch. The artist Karl Hernrici painted an impressive ceiling fresco in 1772.
    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Andrea church in Chiusa/Klausen
    Klausen/Chiusa, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The church is mentioned for the first time in the year 1208. The today lategothical building was implemented by the master Benedikt Weibhauser from Brixen and inaugurated in the year 1494. On the inside a leaflet explains the building history of the church and the artistic equipement.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of Santa Margherita
    Lana, Meran/Merano and environs

    Small church with three apses in Romanesque style, with a cycle of frescoes dating back to 1215. Restored in 1969 and 1982.

    Traces of the Middle Ages are omnipresent throughout South Tyrol. Among many fortresses, castles and mansions, important monasteries and thousands of churches and chapels there are also impressive historic examples of the early and high Romanesque period.

    In Lana, that alone boasts more than 30 monasteries and chapels, you can find architectural and artistic traces from before 1000 AD. One highlight, among many others, is the cycle of frescoes in early Romanesque style that can be seen in the three apses church of St. Margareth's.

    Stories date St. Margareth's back to the end of the 10th century and it is said that the small church with its three apses was a gift of Theophano, the Byzantine wife of Emperor Otto II. The only remains from the original Romanesque building that can still be seen today are the round apses with their paintings from 1215. Like in the church of St. Kastelaz the bases depict bestiaries.

    More detailed information and map of the cultural site are available in the tourist office Lana and surroundings and on www.stiegenzumhimmel.it . Discover our virtual tour >

    Churches & Monasteries
    The San Michele Parish Church
    Innichen/San Candido, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    Although this church originally built in Romanic style dates back to the 12th century, renovation performed after 1735 transformed it to the Baroque jewel we see today with the lavish ornamentation that recalls the exuberance of Rococo. The outside is characterised by arched windows, niches with statues, the impressive main facade crowned by a cross, angels blowing trumpets and bearing glowing braziers, and the walls' buttresses in the form of scrolls. Without doubt, this church is one of the most beautiful sacral buildings in Tyrol.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of San Leonhard
    Margreid an der Weinstraße/Magrè sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    At the top of a little hill you can find the small church of Favogna di Sotto, dedicated to S.Leonardo. It is surrounded by an iron which, according to a old legend, is extended for one link every seven years and when the church is completely enclosed by the chain, the end of the world is near.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of San Giorgio
    Kurtatsch an der Weinstraße/Cortaccia sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The St. George church in Graun/Corona stems from the 14th century. The tower is decorated with a newly restored fresco of St. Chritopher.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Michael’s Church Villandro/Villanders
    Villanders/Villandro, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The St. Michael’s Church plays a relevant part in contributing to the scenic appearance of the village. The construction is located nearby the main church of Villandro and was dedicated in 1344. Nowadays, the almost quadratic basement of the church acts as a funeral chapel. Sanct Michael, who is the patron saint of the dead, stands sentinel over the cemetery. The cemetery of Villandro represents one of the most beautiful and unusual cemeteries in the region. There are exclusively forged grave crosses and the front side of the grave crosses is averted from the burial grave.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Pilgrimage Church Maria Saalen
    St.Lorenzen/San Lorenzo di Sebato, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    Built in 1652. The black Mother of God with Infant Jesus is worth a visit. After the Mauren begin the stations of the Cross leading to the most popular place of pilgrimage of the middle Pustertal: Maria Saalen. The little pilgrimage church "Unsere Liebe Frau von Loreto" was built in the 17th century and once had a hermitage. The entrance has the year 1652 written on it and on the top right-hand side a modern painting of the Blessed Virgin of Loreto. The gable of the altar shows the Annunciation, and below the Black Mary with the Infant Jesus, Saints Anne and Joachim, and above the doors Saints Joseph and Sylvester.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. George Church
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The gothic building Dates back to the befinning of the 15th century and houses the Teutonic order. The elegant building is well worth a visit for ist collection of coats of arms, mortuary shields, tombstones and flags of the members of the order dating back to the 16th and 19th century.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Margareth church in Margen/Terenten
    Terenten/Terento, Brixen/Bressanone and environs
    St. Margareth in Marga was first mentioned in 1309. Only the walls of the long nave can be brought into connection with this period when looking at today's' building. A smaller, non-vaulted church was probably the origin of this chapel. The pointed tower was probably constructed at the end of the 14th century, and the long nave was probably vaulted at the beginning of the 16th century. This is a construction with one nave. The altar room is located in the tower. S. Christopher on the façade is meant to protect the people from storms. With regard to picturesque highlights we can mention the wall painting wit the 14 helpers in need on the triumphal arch wall, which has been preserved up to date. The wing altar dating back to about 1500 with sculptures of S. Margaret, Magdalene and Catherine is also very impressive. The entire altar was restored in 1888. The extraordinary side altar, a painted wing shrine dating back to the beginning of the 16th century is also worth mentioning. In 1948/49 the inside of the church was newly lime-washed and the inventory cleaned. The key is lendable in the neighbouring house.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St. Georg in Snodres/Schnauders
    Feldthurns/Velturno, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    Twenty minutes on Feldthurns is free on hilltop of St. George in Schnauders, a beautiful small building of the later Gothic, first attested in the 14th century. Your current form received this church partly in the 16th and partly in the 19th century. Interior and exterior renovated in 2007.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. George’s church
    Schenna/Scena, Meran/Merano and environs

    The church of Saint George in St. Georgen originates from the 12th and 13th Centuries. This original round church was previously the fortress chapel of St. Georgen or Alt-Schenna. When lightning struck in 1591 and nearly half of the church was destroyed, the central part of the church was strengthened with an additional pillar. The frescoes from the 14th Century are well restored and represent the martyrdom of Saint George, the Day of Judgement and the legend about Saint Nicolas. The Gothic wing altar shows Saint George on a horse, fighting with the dragon. It is also worth mentioning that there is a rare illustration of Saint Kummernus from the 17th Century. Legend has it that she was a king’s daughter from the Iberian peninsula. She had taken a vow to stay a virgin. However, her father, the king, wanted her to marry. In this difficult situation, she prayed she would grow a beard, so to disguise her face. Her prayer was answered, but her father got her thrown into the dungeon and nailed to a cross. The only remain from the former St. Georgen fortress is the keep, which is known today as the ’Uhlentower’.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Little church "Holy Jakob" in Lazfons/Latzfons
    Feldthurns/Velturno, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The church from Latzfons was mentioned for the first time in 1153 and is therefore older than the church in Klausen. The tower originates from tha 14th century and the again-gothical mechanism remained unchanged by the change in the year 1999.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church Hl. Laurentius
    St.Lorenzen/San Lorenzo di Sebato, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    This irregular building shows that the church was built in different periods, from the 13th to the 16th century. In the church stands the famous "Madonna with the infant Jesus holding grapes" by Michael Pacher. In the attached Egererkapelle, frescos from the Michael Pacher school.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Magdalena
    Lana, Meran/Merano and environs

    This small church near Völlan was built in 1705 by the Barons von Hausmann, who had a summer residence here.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chiesa di San Giorgio Church
    Meran/Merano, Meran/Merano and environs

    The beautiful portal and the frescoes on the façade are particulary noteworthy. The interior houses interesting frescoes and paintings from the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries. Masses in German: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays: 8:30 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays in winter: 6:00 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays in summer: 7:30 p.m. Sundays: 8:30, 10:00 Kolping chapel first Thursday of the month: 19.30

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church "Maria am Sand"
    Brixen/Bressanone, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The pilgrimage church Maria am Sand, with its picture of the Virgin Mary possessing miraculous powers who gives the Christ baby a pear, is the old parish church of Milland and goes back to the 14th century. Around the middle of the 15th century, the church was extended with a vault in the nave, a tower as well as a pointed arch-portal and it was changed into Baroque style in the 18th century.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The parish church to St. Jacobs in Barbian
    Barbian/Barbiano, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The parish church of Barbian is consecrated to St. Jacobs the Elder and was first mentioned in 1378. The shapes of the windows of the leaning tower are evidence to an even earlier time. Its octagonal top was added during the 15th Century. During this time, the church was renovated and once more consecrated in 1472. In 1874, the nave was re-designed and received in a new-roman form. The vestry, which serves as choir stalls, is the only part left, to represent the old gothic buildings. On the inside of the church, on the main altar, there is a copy of the famous crucifixion group by Wechselburg, as well as 12 glass windows representing the apostles, a rosette window just above the main entrance and several wooden sculptures from the 16th and 17th Centuries.

    Open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
    Holy Mass: To Sunday 03/16/2014 at 10.00 clock, alternately at 8:00 clock (german) and Saturday at 19:30 clock (german).

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Martin´s Church
    Mals/Malles, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    Both the church and the tower of St. Martin's Church date back to the twelfth century. St. Martin's is the original parish church of Mals and remained closed until recently. Only a few celebrations are still held in this church today. 

    St Martin's Church is open to visitors every Wednesday and Saturday from April to October.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of San Martino
    Kurtinig an der Weinstraße/Cortina sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Parish church of Cortina sulla Strada del Vino is dedicated to Saint Martinn. The Gothic construction dates from the beginning of the 15th century and was erected on the ruins of on older chapel. The keystone of the arch is decorated with a picture of St. Martin and the date 1474. A second keystone shows the Virgin Mary and is attributed to the end of the 16th century. Over the years, various changes have been made to the building. In 1610, the church tower was renovated, in 1996 the mosaic of St. Martin over the entryway was completed and the furnishings including the organ and the choir stalls were renovated. In spite of the many changes, many of the old treasures have survived and can still be seen in the parish church. For example, a statue of the Madonna from the 15th century and two altarpieces from the 17th century can be seen. A special gem is the old bell from the year 1449. It is one of the oldest bells in Alto Adige and was still used up until a few years ago to ring in the mass.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. John the Baptist Parish Church
    Tirol/Tirolo, Meran/Merano and environs

    Documents mentioning St. John the Baptist Parish Church date back to 1164, although it existed long before (probably as a baptistery for the region), so it has already reached a venerable age. The Parish Church of Dorf Tirol/Tirolo is considered to be the oldest missionary church dedicated to St. John the Baptist in the area. The original Romanesque church (its tower is still preserved today) was eventually extended to include a Late Gothic choir.
    One of the most interesting features of the church is the baptismal font of white Laas marble. The organ, with its large number of antique wooden and metal pipes is also a remarkable masterpiece from an artistic and historical point of view. The neo-Gothic high altar, bishop’s figures, statue of St. John above the baptismal font, oil paintings and crucifixion group are other works of art that are well worth seeing.
    Among other things, Secco paintings from the year 1480 were brought to light by the renovation work on the Parish Church in 1969/70.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parrish church of St. Nicholas
    Ratschings/Racines, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    The altarpieces of the parish church to the hl. Nicholas holds a special treasure in itself: the statue of the Virgin Mary from 1450 by the famous Ulm master Hans Multscher. The organ with the seven registers was set up in 1904.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church in Meransen
    Mühlbach/Rio di Pusteria, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The St. Jacob Church was built in a location that already in pre-Christian times was a place of worship. Today’s late Baroque church since 1775 covers a Romanic chapel and a Gothic church. The Madonna on the high altar and the three female figures on the southern side altar date from the Gothic period.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church Algund
    Algund/Lagundo, Meran/Merano and environs

    The San Giuseppe Parish Church is one of the most beautiful and modern churches in the Alps and is a fine example of contemporary architecture. The church was built and designed by the famous architect Dr. Willy Gutweniger between 1966 and 1971. It represents a successful attempt to combine ancient and modern architecture and it is important that visitors allow themselves enough time to understand the rich symbolic language of the building. The church opened on March 13, 1977 in the presence of the Bishop of the Diocese at the time, Dr. Josef Gargitter. Further information and images of the church and its furnishings are available at the vicarage and in the Tourist Association. Guided tours are held every Thursday at 5pm (except when funerals are held), from Easter to All Saints Day (November).
    The church is opened daily from 7am to 7pm.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church "Holy Martin" in Gudon/Gufidaun
    Feldthurns/Velturno, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    This church in Gufidaun originates from the 15th century. The cultivated vestry, also called Koburger chapel, contains a noteworthy fresco cycle of the Ambrosius Gander from the valley "Jaufental". Holy Mass: Saturday at 18:00 clock and Sunday at 9:00 clock (german)

    Churches & Monasteries
    Saint Martin’s church
    Schenna/Scena, Meran/Merano and environs

    The church was built during the 12th Century and is the oldest monument in Scena. It was constructed according to the Carolingian measurements, has two naves with one round apses each and two central octagon pillars. Previously, in both apses, there was an altar, one of which was consecrated to Saint Martin. For safety reasons, this late-Gothic altar, originating from the 16th Century, was transferred into the old parish church. After a number of small changes, the church received its current shape in 1922, as the Italian Department for Monuments intended to put an emphasis on the Roman monuments in South Tyrol. Today, the church is used as a commemoration chapel for the dead.

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21