Ga meteen naar de inhoud
toegevoegd aan favorieten
verwijderd uit favorieten
Helaas is er een probleem opgetreden. Probeer het opnieuw.
Uw account wordt aangemaakt
Je account is succesvol aangemaakt en je bent nu ingelogd
U bent uitgelogd
Filteren
Geselecteerde filters
    Moeilijkheidsgraad
    Duur
    Afstand in km
    Bezienswaardigheden
    Shops
    Golf

    Kerken en kloosters

    De kerken en kloosters in Zuid-Tirol bieden een kijkje in het rijke culturele en religieuze erfgoed van de regio. Van oude Romaanse bouwwerken tot charmante heiligdommen in de bergen, elke plek heeft prachtige architectuur, ingewikkelde fresco's en een serene omgeving. Of het nu de indrukwekkende kathedraal van Brixen is of de pittoreske abdij van Novacella, deze heilige plaatsen nodigen bezoekers uit om zich te vergapen aan hun historische betekenis en momenten van rust te vinden te midden van de adembenemende landschappen van Zuid-Tirol.
    Resultaten
    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church "zu Maria Himmelfahrt" Velturno/Feldthurns
    Feldthurns/Velturno, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The parish church "zu Maria Himmelfahrt" (of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary) is the oldest: the Chapel of Our Lady, built in 1112, was used as a parish church from 1170. It was rebuilt between 1499 and 1515, but its current style – Late Gothic – dates from its rebuilding between 1894 and 1899 according to plans drawn up by the Viennese architect Weber.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The Franciscan Monastery
    Innichen/San Candido, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    The Franciscan Church was consecrated by the archbishop of Bressanone in 1697. The church is characterised by being back to basics, as the friar churches built during the Counter-Reformation clearly differ from traditional Collegiate Churches dedicated to belongings and culture through their simple and clear method of construction (planning: Franciscan friar Vitus Rastbichler from the Ötztal Valley). The Order's ideal of simplicity and poverty is reflected in the absence of a high bell tower and complex vaults and frescoes. After the entrance there's the small Chapel of Saint Anthony annexed to the nave destined for private meditation. The Fathers originally recited the choral prayers from the gallery. Not much of what distinguished the initial version of the church remains to be seen today, with the exception of the large oil paintings behind the side altars and the Franciscan saints on the southern wall. Today's altars are nice examples of Rococo art. The careful restoration works performed between 1992 and 1994 provided the Convent with its original appearance. The restoration project was awarded the Europa Nostra Prize in June, 1994. Visiting hours: daily (except Monday morning) 8 am - 6.30 pm

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church Brunico/Bruneck
    Bruneck/Brunico, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    Parish Church with a valuable crucifix by Michael Pacher and an organ, built in 1983 by Mathis, the biggest in South Tyrol.

    Holy Mass: Mondays and Fridays at 8:00 a.m.,

    Evening Holy Mass: 6:00 p.m.

    Sundays and holidays at 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. (in Italian) and at 6:00 p.m.

    All Holy Masses are held in German, except where indicated differently.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Graveyard chapel of St Michael
    Kastelbell-Tschars/Castelbello-Ciardes, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The graveyard chapel o St Michael was built to the north-east of the parish church in the 18th cent. and houses the banners of the confraternities.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church Burgstall/Postal
    Burgstall/Postal, Meran/Merano and environs

    Built in the early 19th century in the neo-Romanesque style on the foundations of the medieval church. The tower and chancel date from the period around 1500. The picture of the three kings by Bartlmä Dill Riemenschneider, the son of the famous woodcarver, (dated 1541) is worth seeing. Close to the church, the local cemetery and remains of the medieval Burgstall castle are also of interest.

    Holy Mass:
    Saturday at 18.30 (in summer at 19.00, Sunday at 10.00 (alternately in german and italian language).

    Churches & Monasteries
    The Evangelical Church
    Meran/Merano, Meran/Merano and environs

    The Evangelical Church and its parsonage, situated by the river Passirio and surrounded by a beautiful English garden, form a charming corner and a living reminder of the cosmopolitan Merano of the turn of the century. The church was designed by the Berlin architect Hans Vollmer, and built between 1883 and 1885. It has a longitudinal plan with a polygonal apse. Today the church is not only used for religious functions, but also hosts a variety of music concerts.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Franciscan Church and Convent
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The Franciscan order settles in town in 1221; the present building Dates back to the rist haf of the 14th century, but the original ceiling, flat and with a choir of polygonal shape, has been replaces by a vaulted ceiling from the 15th century. The coister is a beautiful example of gothic art, which replaces the Romanesque style in which the rest of the building was built; there are different frescoes from various periods of time, including some from Giotto's School and some from the 17th and 18th century. The church still preserves an astounding wooden altar by Hans Klocker of Brixen (painted Wood - 1500) which was dedicated to the Nativity Scene. The choir of the church is embellished by the modern glass panels of Widmoser.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church Salorno
    Salorno/Salurn, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The parish church is dedicated to S. Andrea. It was mentioned first in 1215. The church was built in baroque style of sacred architecture. On the front you can see statues of the Saints Pietro and Paolo, Andrea and Nicolò and Mary.

     

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church Proves
    Proveis/Proves, Meran/Merano and environs

    In the 14th century, the Proveisers built the church "To Saint Nicholas with the bullets", the patron saint of mines. As copper and gold were mined earlier in this mountain area and many a squire later settled as a farmer in provis, the Romans Nonsberger also called the Proveisers "Knòperi".

    In the 19th century, the old church was so dilapidated that it had to be completely rebuilt. From 1870 to 1876, under the curate Franz Xaver Mitterer, the parish church Proveis was built in neo-gothic style. Particularly impressive are the free-standing tower and the frescoes by Albrecht Steiner inside the church.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church of St. Sebastian in Resia
    Graun im Vinschgau/Curon Venosta, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    Built in 1949/50, altar fresco of tungsten Koeberl from Innsbruck, Calvary of J. B. Oberkofler from 1960, the Madonna of the XVII century, the stained glass windows in the chapel of the dead Max Spielmann from Innsbruck, the rest of the church windows and the new organ of the company Felsberg from Chur. Categories: culture, Sacred art

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish curch S. Andrea
    Brixen/Bressanone, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The parish church of the same name, which was first mentioned in 1177, is located in the rapidly growing capital St. Andrä. Its late gothic reconstruction in the period around 1485 with a presbytery and tower which is still characteristic today.  In the 18th century a striking baroque style was introduced. Georg Tangl, director of the Brixen seminary and  priest of St. Andrä, provided for a rich decoration with stucco (Franz Singer) around 1770. Around 1736 the ceiling frescoes by Jakob Jennewein depicting the martyrdom of St. Andrew were painted. In 1930 the altarpiece was painted by Johann Baptist Oberkofler.

    The Maria Hilf Chapel in the cemetery is a compact octagonal building dating from 1696, and the octagon, a work by the Bolzano master builder Delai, is considered an important model of Baroque central building. The altars of Mary, Anthony and Notburga are also works of art from the late 17th century.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church “Maria Himmelfahrt”
    Marling/Marlengo, Meran/Merano and environs

    This church was first mentioned as long ago as 1166. It was rebuilt in 1251 and extended in around 1480, when the bell tower was built, of which after a fire only the lower saddle roof has been preserved. Today part of the old church serves as a chapel, and part as a vestry. The large bell, Annamaria, which weighs 3,163 kg and dates from 1847, is noteworthy. The new Pfarrkirche Maria Himmelfahrt parish church was consecrated in 1901. This neo Gothic place of worship with three naves was built to plans by the Viennese architect, Anton Weber. The main altar, the mosaic, side altars, wooden sculptures and four reliefs in the chancel are all worth seeing. 2002 saw the restoration of the pneumatic organ built by Josef Behmann in 1911, which is a protected monument. The sound of the church bells ringing even inspired Franz Liszt to compose “Ihr Glocken von Marling” (Bells of Marling). There is a replica of Marling parish church in Selsley, England.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Peter
    Auer/Ora, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Gothic church of St. Peter, built in the 16th century, is located at the southern entrance to the village of Auer/Ora, next to the local cemetery. In past times, it was the most important church of the surrounding villages and is situated in a pit about 5 meters deep and was often inaccessible due to flooding of the nearby Rio Nero stream. It had to be uncovered again and again and was finally protected by a stone wall. Today, after restoration work in the 1970s, the church is open to the public for Holy Masses and celebrations and houses the oldest organ in South Tyrol that can still be played. It was built in 1599 by the organ builder Hans Schwarzenbach.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Mary’s Parish Church
    Meran/Merano, Dolomites Region Val Gardena

    The 19th century neo-Gothic nave was demolished in 1988 and replaced by a modern octagonal structure. The beautiful chancel dating back to 1670, however, was preserved, complete with the painting of the Madonna with Child by Lukas Cranach on the high altar (now a copy). In 1503 Wilhelm von Wolkenstein had a chapel dedicated to the Virgin built here, which subsequently had to be enlarged several times to cope with the large numbers of people who came to this popular place of pilgrimage as they still do today. On the outside wall of the sacristy there is a stone painted with the coat of arms of the Counts of Wolkenstein.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church Kaltern/Caldaro
    Kaltern an der Weinstraße/Caldaro sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Time table:

    1191 First mention of a priest Nolpertus

    1211 First mention of the parish as plebs Caldari

    15th century Late Gothic hall building

    1498 Winged altar by Hans Klockner

    1791 Demolition of the Old parish Church

    1792/93 New construction of the parish church - frescoes by Joseph Schöpf

    1793 Sanctification of the parish church

    1899/1900 Restoration by Steiner to Felsburg

    2002/2004 Restoration of the parish church: complete reconstruction of the church roof, entire interior restoration by Gebr. Zingerle, renovation of the lighting and loudspeaker system, restoration of the high altar.

    The high altar of  Teodor Benedetti (around 1740), the high altar of Michelangelo Unterberger (1744) and the ceiling painting by Joseph Schöpf (1792/93) are especially worth seeing .

    Source: parish office Kaltern

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church Sanct Moritz
    Villanders/Villandro, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The little church of the saint Mauritius in Sauders is situated to the south of the village centre. The church was mentioned the first time in an official document in 1406. Around 1670 the little church was converted in a baroque style. However, the church and some surrounding houses were burned to ashes by the French in 1793. Nowadays, the painting at the high altar represents the patron saint of the church. The key for a visit can be received at the “Winklerhof – farm”.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church in San Valentino/St. Valentin
    Mals/Malles, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The first chapel of St. Valentin - a predecessor of today's church - was consecrated on 16 October 1140 and was the chapel belonging to St. Valentin's hospice, founded by Ulrich Primele from Burgeis.
    The present church was consecrated on 4 October 1832. The old bell tower was left out of money - except for a small increase.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The church in Freiberg
    Kastelbell-Tschars/Castelbello-Ciardes, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The church in Freiberg is from the 19th cent. and its neoromanesque altar was installed in 1919. The altar paintin depicts the earthly and heavenly family of Jesus

    Churches & Monasteries
    Josef Freinademetz Parish Church
    Brixen/Bressanone, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    At the eastern side of Brixen, beyond the confluence of the Rienz river and the Eisack river, in the village of Milland a new parish church was built between 1984-1985, and it is consecrated to the Saint Father Josef Freinademetz. The church is a curiosity, a work of modern architecture, a sacred place full of light.In the basement, there is an exhibition about the life and the work of the church patron, the Saint Father Josef Freinademetz, the Tyrolian China- missionary.
    Guided tours possible after request.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church Montagna
    Montan/Montagna, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The parish church of Montan/Montagna is dedicated to St. Bartholomew. The majestic façade of the church fits perfectly into the picturesque village-scape. The neo-Romanesque broad front is impressive. The tower, which dates back to the 12th / 13th century, is the oldest part of the church. The church owes its present form to a new building constructed in the 19th century (1875-1881). A special piece of equipment of the parish church is the pulpit, whose openwork sandstone tracery forms the year 1489.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church S. Margherita
    Neumarkt/Egna, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The parish church of Cauria is dedicated to Santa Margherita. It was built in the 13th century and rebuilt in gothic style.

     

     

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church "Franziskaner" Kaltern/Caldaro
    Kaltern an der Weinstraße/Caldaro sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Festivities:
    S. Antonio da Padova: June 13 th
    Francesco d’Assisi: October 4th

    The first Franciscans came to Bolzano during the lifetime of S. Francesco, probably in 1221. In the framework of the reform guided by Bernardino of Siena a second propagation wave of the Franciscans took place. In this context the monastery foundations of Kaltern were built. Claudia de Medici, Provincial Princess of Tyrol and promoter of the Franciscan movement, donated the ruins of the Rottenburg to the Franciscans, which were destroyed at the beginning of the 15th century. Parts of the garden area for the construction of the church and monastery. At the beginning of the 18th century, the church was expanded to the present state. The image of St. Anthony of Padua on the right-hand side altar is of great importance for piety. The Antonius cycle in the cloister was painted in 1721 by Matthias Pußjäger.

    Source: Parrish office Kaltern

    Churches & Monasteries
    Peter and Paulus Parish Church in Sesto/Sexten
    Toblach/Dobbiaco, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    Parish Church in Sesto/Sexten The parish church of St. Peter and St. Paul in Sesto will impress you with its artistic masterpiece, the “Danse Macabre”, carved at the entrance to the cemetery by the South Tyrolean sculptor Rudolf Stolz. Peter and Paulus Parish Church in Sesto/Sexten The church was constructed around 1824/26 and hosts altar sheets by the Venetian painter C. Dusi. Ceiling frescoes and the Stations of the Cross are a masterpiece by Albert Stolz. On the well looked-after cemetery, are not only the graveyards of Sesto mountaineers, but also wood and sandstone sculptures by South Tyrolean artists. The frescoes by the painter brothers Ignaz, Alber and Rudolf Stolz are very impressive, whereby Rudolf Stolz also realised the beautiful "danse macabre" at the entry to the cemetery. Furthermore, you can admire a baptismal font dating back to 1650, and the beautiful cemetery with arcades.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church of the Assumption
    Olang/Valdaora, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    The late gothic church in Oberolang was consecrated by Bishop Albertin in 1472. Around 1650 the church was renovated changed into baroque style. The actual appearance of the church is neo-Gothic (about 1900). Especially at the inside the church underwent a consistent change. In 1899/1900 architect Roman Picher took care of the renovation. The stoned glass was made in a Tyrolean Glass factory in Innsbruck. The wood work was completed by Jakob Veider from Niederrasen.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church Maria Himmelfahrt and the Schnatterpeck altar
    Lana, Meran/Merano and environs

    The parish church at Lana was built on the sites of a much older Romanesque church and consecrated in 1492. Of particular interest ist the Gothic altar by Hans Schnatterpeck. It has carved figures, some in life size; the altar reaches a height of 14.10 m; it is the largest Gothic altar in the whole Alpine area.

    The parish church of Niederlana is among the most beautiful examples of South Tyrolean Late Gothic art. Its magnificent winged altar by Hans Schnatterpeck is known far beyond the borders of the country.

    The Schnatterpeck altar is 14 m high and 7 m wide and is thus considered to be the largest winged altar in the Alps. It is carved from chestnut wood and elaborately gilded. The altarpiece was created at the beginning of the 16th century over a period of 8 years by the Swabian sculptor Hans Schnatterpeck and his journeyman. The altar was paid for by the citizens of Lana (approx. 800 people) themselves. Schnatterpeck received 1,600 Rhenish Gulden (i.e. the value of 3 farms) and 8 cartloads of wine.

    The carved representation of biblical content contains a rare depiction of the Throne of Grace (God the Father holding the body of Christ on his lap), flanked by the life-sized statues of the apostles Peter and Paul. After carving, the altar was painted by Schnatterpeck and his journeyman and finally decorated with ducat gold. The altar was raised and consecrated around 1511 in the parish church of Niederlana and has never been removed, not even during the World Wars.

    Holy Mass:
    Friday at 19.00 in german language
    Sunday at 10.00 in german language

    Information and registration for groups:
    Email: gruber.ida@alice.it or Mobil +39 333 434 259 6

    The church is only open during guided tours!

    During the fasting period, the altar remains closed!

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21