Ga meteen naar de inhoud
toegevoegd aan favorieten
verwijderd uit favorieten
Helaas is er een probleem opgetreden. Probeer het opnieuw.
Uw account wordt aangemaakt
Je account is succesvol aangemaakt en je bent nu ingelogd
U bent uitgelogd
Filteren
Geselecteerde filters
    Moeilijkheidsgraad
    Duur
    Afstand in km
    Bezienswaardigheden
    Shops
    Golf

    Kerken en kloosters

    De kerken en kloosters in Zuid-Tirol bieden een kijkje in het rijke culturele en religieuze erfgoed van de regio. Van oude Romaanse bouwwerken tot charmante heiligdommen in de bergen, elke plek heeft prachtige architectuur, ingewikkelde fresco's en een serene omgeving. Of het nu de indrukwekkende kathedraal van Brixen is of de pittoreske abdij van Novacella, deze heilige plaatsen nodigen bezoekers uit om zich te vergapen aan hun historische betekenis en momenten van rust te vinden te midden van de adembenemende landschappen van Zuid-Tirol.
    Resultaten
    Churches & Monasteries
    Capuchin monastery
    Neumarkt/Egna, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Capuchin monastery and its small church were built between 1617 and 1620. The church has a simple design in accordance with the style and regulations of the Capuchin Order: simple in terms of furnishings, bare walls, barrel vaults, and a side chapel on the south side. The high altar is dedicated to the Sacred Heart. The pulpit and the side altars are neo-Romanesque and date back to the 19th century. The altar of the side chapel contains a statue of the mother of God with Child from the middle of the 16th century, which is said to have miraculous powers. Between 1999 and 2003, the whole complex was carefully restored. In the little church, this also led to the renewal of the windows and the benches, which – in harmony with the surroundings – are now simple and linear. Thus, the light penetrates through seven beautiful glass panes that seem to communicate with the faithful through their symbolic meaning of colors and number.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Statue of Maria Weißenstein
    Laives/Leifers, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The saga of Weissenstein depicts the life of the religious farmer Leonhard. He was very ill and fell into a ravine. The Mother of God appeared to him and promised to safe him, if he built a chapel in her honor. The Mother of God told him: "So that you don't doubt my promise, i will leave you in this cave for nine more days and nights, without meat and drink. On the ninth day your family will find you. But don't forget my words!".

    It happened how the Mother of God predicted, but Leonhard forgot to built the chapel and became ill again. From that moment on a light was shining where Leonhard fell in the cave and nobody had an explanation why. Leonhard eventually remembered his promise to the Mother of God. He quickly began to build the chapel and was then cured from his illness. When digging he found a little statue which represented the Mother of God. Leonhard continued to finish bulding and placed the statue in the chapel.

    Soon after Maria Weissenstein became a popular place of pilgrimage. In 1787 the statue of the Mother of God was relocated to the church of Laives/Leifers.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of the sacred heart of Maria
    Sexten/Sesto, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    The family Kiniger promised to build a chapel in 2013 and in the same year it was inaugurated. The chapel is situated in the Waldheim, nearby the Hotel Willy.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Mary
    Toblach/Dobbiaco, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    The church of St. Mary is built in Gothic style. The Gothic middle relief and the side figures are significant. From the church there starts a path of meditation which leads to the chapel San Pietro in Monte/St. Peter am Kofl.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel "Lago di Braies"
    Prags/Braies, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    Built in the first years of the 20th Century and consecrated in 1904. In Possession of the Hotel Lago di Braies/Pragser Wildsee.

    Churches & Monasteries
    New parish church Maria am Wege
    Brenner/Brennero, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    This parish church has been rebuilt between 1960 and 1962 according to the plans of the architect Luis Plattner and replaced the Church St. Valentin as main church in Brenner.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church Santa Maria
    Auer/Ora, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The parish church is situated in the old center of the village and is dedicated to the Virgin Mary. It was built in 1674 in order to have a second church because the Church San Pietro was often not accessible due to flooding of the Rio Nero. The architecture of the church is modest and simple. Inside, the baroque main altar with the life-size statue of Our Lady stands out. The two side altars are simple Baroque altars and dedicated to St. Anthony and St. Joseph.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Maria Rast Chapel
    Eppan an der Weinstaße/Appiano sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Maria Rast Chapel: the church can be found just outside the village, on the path of the same name. History: this is the first historical church building in the area. In 1874 Josef Vonstadl, the diocese architect designed the building, and it was built shortly after. The neo romantic style is clearly visible, the bell wall, cross vaulting, arched windows and much more. In the yard, if you look carefully, you will the mosaic Stations of the Cross made by the local artist Robert Scherer. Architectural style: this small church is a well-loved place of pilgrimage, even today. Marriages also take place here. Walking: a walk around this area is well worth it as it is not too strenuous. On longer walks from Girlan to St Michael, you can stop at this delightful little church.

    Places to See
    Chapel Pianer Kreuz
    Rodeneck/Rodengo, Brixen/Bressanone and environs
    Small alpine chapel on the alpine pasture of Rodengo and Luson and a nice place for a short rest.
    Churches & Monasteries
    New Parish Church of Rabland/Rablà
    Partschins/Parcines, Meran/Merano and environs

    The Christkönigskirche church, also known as the new parish church, was built between 1961 and 1963. The church has a flat-ceiling nave with a separate altar area. The two stained glass windows are by Heiner Gschwendt from Klausen/Chiusa, the church organ, consecrated in 1987, is by Andrea Zeni, and all other works of art connected with the church, including the granite fountain in front of the church and the statue of the Archangel Michael made of Lasa marble housed in a niche on the church square, are by the famous artist Friedrich Gurschler (1923-2020†).

    Friedrich Gurschler was born in February 1923 on a farm near Unsere Frau/Madonna di Senales in Schnalstal Valley and is an honorary citizen of Partschins/Parcines.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Gleif Church
    Eppan an der Weinstaße/Appiano sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Calvary was laid out by the Order of the Capucin monks near Bozen. After this, most other brother houses of the Order did the same, and this included Eppan. At the end of this pathway the Gleif Church was built in 1716. Each station of the cross took time to erect and several figures were finished in the 19th century. Architectural style: the church was built in the middle of the 18th century as the graveyard church at the end of the pilgrimage path. The two domed towers of the Renaissance building give it an impressive appearance. With all its inside decorations, it is definitely worth a visit. Extras: the view of Eppan from here is worth the walk. Walking: the easy walk to the Gleif Church is part of nearly everyone's holiday programme, but can also be combined with the Ice Holes, Matschatsch, Kem Ravine, the Mendel or the Gantkofel.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Sawmill chapel
    Toblach/Dobbiaco, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    The sawmill chapel is located at Dobbiaco Nuova/Neutoblach. The chapel is possible to reach by car or by foot. The walking trail can be continued until the Lake of Dobbiaco.  

    The chapel was built because of the frequent threat of the Troge stream, the chapel was built in 1903                   

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of San Maria del Conforto/Maria Trost
    Meran/Merano, Meran/Merano and environs

    The church dates back to the 12th century, but probably its origins are even more remote. The Romanesque building and the Lombard-style bell tower have been subject to many changes. Inside, there is a unique cycle of frescos in Byzantine style dating from 1200-1220. On the ouside walls there are other, probably late 14th century, frescos. Masses (in Italian): Weekdays: 8:00 a.m

    Churches & Monasteries
    The church of St. Ingenuin and Albuin in Saubach
    Waidbruck/Ponte Gardena, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The patrons of the Saubach parish church are St. Ingenuin and St. Albuin. The church was first mentioned in 1398. However, the choice of patrons concludes that the church is much older. Today this olt, gothic church is an attraction for many art lovers. It was built during the 15th Century. The consecration of the altars took place in 1502. When you go inside of the church on the porphyry portal with its pointed arch, you will immediately be impressed by the delicate rips of the net-like vault, the four custom-made windows and the three wing altars. In 1925, a fire did substantial damage the church, but with the help of donations from all around the country, the helmet-like tower and the roof could be renewed. Information about opening times at the Barbiano Tourist Information Office, +39 0471 654411, info@barbian.it
    The keys are available in the Tschörlerhof, (+39 0471 654032, in the morning) and in the Gasthof Saubacherhof (+39 0471 654344, in the afternoon,) or by telephone arrangement.

    Churches & Monasteries
    New parish church of Schenna
    Schenna/Scena, Meran/Merano and environs

    The new-Gothic parish church in Scena was built between 1914 and 1931. The old church was continuously found to be too small and it was necessary to construct a more spacious building. The vicinity to the school, the old people’s home, the sexton’s quarters and the widows’ accommodation ensured the central location of the church. After several heated meetings about the planning and actual location, the design of the Vienna architect Eduard Hütter was welcomed and approved. However, in 1915 the building work was stopped due to the start of World War I and only recommenced in 1926 because of the political changes, which had occurred in South Tyrol. The altar area is decorated with the statues of the twelve apostles. The fourteen 14 carved cross stations by Johann Muhry are incredibly impressive. The glass windows come from the Tyrolean glass painting company in Innsbruck. At the side walls of the main church area, the statues of Sains Vigilius, the bishop of Trent, as well as one of Christ King, the blessed Heinrich of Bozen, Saint Nicolas of the Flüe, the apostle Philipp, the evangelist John, the Bishop Valentine and the blessed Josef Freinademetz are found on pedestals. At the back wall, the Baroque figure of Saint Michael takes pride of place. He is presented as a young knight with a flaming sword. This statue previously stood in the Michaels chapel, which was demolished before starting the new parish church building. The new organ was built by Franz Zanin from Udine in 1993 and its cover was artfully designed by Herbert Schönweger from Meran. It consists of 32 registers, the major organ part, the back positive and pedal, as well as 2,744 pipes. Both churches were consecrated to Mary, the mother of God and she is celebrated each year on 15th August. The church tower is 35 metres high and contains seven bells. The smallest one is the Zügen bell, which is struck just after someone in the parish dies. On Sundays and bank holidays, as well as other festivities and occasions such as the Ave Maria, the church bells are rung. For the twelve o’clock ring, the ring for the end of the working day, the ring for bad weather approaching, for weddings, baptisms etc, (the little bell, the second one, the third one, the eleventh one, the twelfth one and the large bell) are sounded. All six bells are only rung together for important festivities. The church is surrounded by well-cared for graves, which are decorated with flowers. The measurements of the graves were standardised in 1972 and at that time, the graveyard was redesigned. It is truly an honourable place for the dead. In between the graves, a simple monument remembers the 108 fallen soldiers in both World Wars.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Capuchin curch
    Brixen/Bressanone, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The Capuchin church and convent are located not far south of the Cathedral Square in Brixen/Bressanone. This is a simple and unadorned religious building with a small facade tower in the style of the mendicant churches. Inside, the nave is covered by a barrel vault. The strongly indented choir room just closes off. On the left side of the nave there is a round-arched side chapel which houses the organ. The interior has no wall paintings or stucco work.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel Maria Hilf in Mühlbach
    Mühlbach/Rio di Pusteria, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    A monument of the High Baroque, it is located at the eastern entrance of the old country road in the village center.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Heart of Jesus church Sirmiano
    Nals/Nalles, Meran/Merano and environs

    In 1843, in Untersirmian, the small Heart of Jesus church was built, which is the first of a  few churches, which were consecrated to the heart of Jesus. The simple building houses a Baroque altar from the 18th Century (1713). The tower was finished in 1857.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The new parish church of Marein
    Kastelbell-Tschars/Castelbello-Ciardes, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The new parish church of Marein was designed in 1973 by the Bolzano architectural partnership Abram&Schnabl as a "house among houses". The tower was not added until 1982.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of Gschwell
    Graun im Vinschgau/Curon Venosta, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The chapel in the smal village of Gschwell was built in the first half of the 17th century. A votive tablet from the year 1661 shows Gschwell with the chapel and in the text below it says that a farmer from the "landtschwellhof" was taken by "a bull on the horn". Inside there is a carved altar and a Madonna and two bishops.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Capuchin church
    Lana, Meran/Merano and environs

    The Church of St. Anna and St. Joachim is similar to many Capuchin churches built in Tyrol in the 17th century. The nave is square and has a barrel vault. On the northern side a square-shaped side chapel has been added. The long chancel is divided into two rooms by a high altar that mostly reaches to the ceiling. The room behind the altar was originally reserved for the monks.

    A small window opening in the altar table makes it possible to see through and thus participate in the Mass. Side altars are set against the triumphal arch walls. The main altar and the two side altars are Baroque and date from the 17th century.

    Holy Mass:
    Tuesday to Saturday at 9.00 in german language
    Sunday at 10.00 in german language

    Churches & Monasteries
    Capuchin churchSt. Maximilian
    Meran/Merano, Meran/Merano and environs

    Conciliar church dating back to the sixteenth century, with an adjoining monastery of the Capuchin friars. It is located adjacent to the Porta Venosta (Vinschger Tor) Gate. Masses in German: Weekdays: 6:30 a.m. Sundays and public holidays: 7:00 a.m. & 10:00 a.m. Masses in Italian: Weekdays: 7:30 a.m. Sundays and public holidays: 8:30 a.m.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The Church of Sacred Heart
    Meran/Merano, Meran/Merano and environs

    This Neo-Gothic Church was originally the chapel of the "Dame Inglesi" It was designed by Ferdinand Mungenast, and built in 1903. The longitudinal plan ends in an apse which is decorated with a striking mosaic of over three million pieces, in neo-Byzantine Ravenna style. It depicts Christ seated in majesty, flanked by Mary and Joseph an angels, with the hand of God, the Creator, above. In the lower part of the mosaic there is a row of six saints interspersed with palm trees.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Herz Jesu Church in Gargazon/Gargazzone
    Gargazon/Gargazzone, Meran/Merano and environs

    Completely built in red porphyry. Built in 1899-1902 in the neo-Romanesque style, the lovely mosaic above the main portal was installed in 1903. The tower was only completed in 1930.

    Holy mass:
    Sunday at 10.30 in german language

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chiesa di Santa Maria Assunta Church
    Meran/Merano, Meran/Merano and environs

    This modern church, which recalls the buildings of De Chirico, is located in Piazza Mazzini. Masses in Italian: weekdays (Monday to Saturday): 5:00 p.m. Wednesdays (bilingual mass): 5 p.m. Sunday: 10:30 a.m. & 6:00 p.m. Masses in German: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays: 6:00 p.m. Wednesdays (bilingual mass): 5 p.m. Days preceding holidays: 6:30 p.m. Sundays and public holidays: 9:00 a.m.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Capuchin Church
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The church has been dedicated to Saint Anthony of Padua and was built aorund 1600 on the same spot where one stood the Wendelstein Castle of the Counts of Tirol. A majestic column by Felice Brusasorci (1600) rises above the main altar, showing an example of mannerism in the Capels of Saint Mary, Saint Sebastian and Saint John in the lateral chapel.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Maria Heimsuchung chapel
    Brenner/Brennero, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    The Maria Heimsuchung chapel in Brennerbad/Terme di Brennero between the villages of Brenner/Brennero and Gossensass/Colle Isarco was built in the time of the noble tourism around 1900. In this period of time uncountable celebrities found accommodations in the gorgeous Grand Hotel and the village of Brennerbad/Terme di Brennero had also an own train station. However, a first chapel was already consacrated 1680 in honor of the Maria Heimsuchung chapel.

    1882 effected the laying of the cornerstone to the chapel of today. Built according to the drafts of the master builder Josef Vonstadl, it was consecrated in 1886.

    The Neoromanic building consists of a nave and two side aisles and a round apsis. The first high altar was made by F. Schmalzlaus from St. Ulrich/Ortisei, but it seems that already in the year 1889 the chapel received a new altar, made by the sculptor Stufflesser according to drafts by Johann Maria Reiter.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of Saint Nicholas
    Lajen/Laion
    Today's church was built toward the middle of the 15th century after a village fire. The walls of the nave and the shaft of the tower should be considerably older. A gigantic Christophorus fresco which might have arisen at 1500, is on the right next to the portal of the church. On the left and on the right on the lower side of the fresco are Saint Nicholas with the three golden balls and Saint George with a dragon. Saint George is the second patron saint of the church. The church inside surprises with a pointed arch portal, the lancet windows and an impressive net vault. The baroque high altar (1720) shows Saint Silvester, Saint George, Saint Margareth, Saint Valentin and Saint Nicholas, who looks to the Mother of God with the child. The masterpiece of the church is the gothic winged altar (called the "Georgsaltar", 1520) from Artist Andre Haller from Brixen. In the middle of the winged altar is Saint George on the horse, who fights against the Dragon. On the right side Margareth knees in front of a lamp and prays for a good ending of the fight. In the background are represented Saint George's parents and his execution. The wings of the altar show Saint Joachim with a book and Saint Anna together with the Mother of God and the child.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Maria-Hilf-Chapel at Bagno Dolce
    Ritten/Renon, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The small chapel was built in 1867 and consecrated in honour of the picture of grace Maria Hilf in Innsbruck. In the chapel there are sculptures of Peter and Paul, Isidor and Hubertus. The chapel was last renovated in 1994.

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21