Ga meteen naar de inhoud
toegevoegd aan favorieten
verwijderd uit favorieten
Helaas is er een probleem opgetreden. Probeer het opnieuw.
Uw account wordt aangemaakt
Je account is succesvol aangemaakt en je bent nu ingelogd
U bent uitgelogd
Filteren
Geselecteerde filters
    Moeilijkheidsgraad
    Duur
    Afstand in km
    Bezienswaardigheden
    Shops
    Golf

    Kerken en kloosters

    De kerken en kloosters in Zuid-Tirol bieden een kijkje in het rijke culturele en religieuze erfgoed van de regio. Van oude Romaanse bouwwerken tot charmante heiligdommen in de bergen, elke plek heeft prachtige architectuur, ingewikkelde fresco's en een serene omgeving. Of het nu de indrukwekkende kathedraal van Brixen is of de pittoreske abdij van Novacella, deze heilige plaatsen nodigen bezoekers uit om zich te vergapen aan hun historische betekenis en momenten van rust te vinden te midden van de adembenemende landschappen van Zuid-Tirol.
    Resultaten
    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel "Schiller" - Nove Case
    Rasen-Antholz/Rasun Anterselva, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    Also if the chapel in Neunhäusern / Nove Case is situated on Rasner municipality, it belongs to the parish of Olang / Valdaora.

    Churches & Monasteries
    "Pfaffinger" chapel - Rasun di Sotto
    Rasen-Antholz/Rasun Anterselva, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    The peasant chapel at the Pfaffinger (near the court Linde) is a modest building and was built in the 19th century.

    Churches & Monasteries
    "Joggila" Chapel - Rasun di Sotto
    Rasen-Antholz/Rasun Anterselva, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    The "Joggila" chapel, located on the road to the church in Niederrasen, belongs to the older chapels in Rasen. The wayside shrine was probably built around 1723.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St. Valentin at Schlaneid
    Mölten/Meltina, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The St. Valentine chapel in the Fraction Schlaneid was built upon request by the population in 1769 in a simple Baroque style. The ruins of the old Valentines church (exposed in 1990) are in the forest “Valteswald”  below the village. The altarpiece with the Bishop Valentin was made by Franz Unterberger from Cavalese. The Stations of the Cross were made in 1770 by Josef Sparer.

    Churches & Monasteries
    “Unsere liebe Frau” Sanctuary in Mörre/Mora
    St.Leonhard in Passeier/San Leonardo in Passiria, Meran/Merano and environs

    The origins of the "Unsere liebe Frau" Sanctuary in Mörre/Mora just outside St. Leonhard/S. Leonardo can be traced back to a curious occurrence. Legend has it that village doctor and farmer, Matthias Pichler, purchased a votive image of the Virgin Mary from a street trader. Sometime later, in 1750 he decided to build a chapel on his property. Since word of Pichler’s ability to cure diseases and heal wounds was widely known, many came to him for help and also to see the image of the Virgin Mary. The growing number of needy visitors prompted Matthias Pichler to enlarge his chapel in 1752 and again in 1764. But as the miracles diminished in frequency, so did the number of pilgrims. This happened just at the time when Emperor Joseph II had decreed a program of enforced secularization and the chapel fell into disuse and eventually ruin.
    In the mid-nineteenth century, a number of well-intentioned benefactors decided to renovate and further enlarge the church into the valued place of worship that it is today. An image of the Madonna was placed at the center of the new Baroque altar, inspired by a work of painter Giovanni Battista Salvi (known as "Sassoferrato"). Matthias Pichler was the first country doctor in the Passeiertal Valley to have been mentioned officially in the town records and his descendants followed in his footsteps. The country doctor could cure a variety of ailments afflicting both humans and animals and various treatments were administered, such as to stop haemorrhages. Many patients flocked to the doctor partly because of the scarcity of doctors and partly because the bad state of repair of the roads leading elsewhere. The first public pharmacy only opened in 1983 in the village of San Leonardo, serving the entire valley.
    The two statues created by the sculptor Anton Ferner represent Saint Leonard and the canonised medical practitioner, Damian (1764).
    The votive images are also noteworthy in themselves. Impressive and rich in detail, they express the gratitude of the population. Most of the votive paintings date back to the nineteenth century, one of which is the work of Josef Haller (1737-73). Among the best known of the late Baroque painters of Tyrol, together with sculptor Anton Ferner, Haller is one of the greatest exponents of the Passeiertal Valley School of Arts (his original work from 1768 is displayed at the MuseumPasseier museum).
    So the ascent to Mörre from St. Martin is certainly worthwhile, to pray or meditate at the pilgrimage shrine, as well as to admire the works of local artists. Not least, there is the spectacular view of the valley below to enjoy.

    Churches & Monasteries
    "Rauther" chapel - Rasun di Sopra
    Rasen-Antholz/Rasun Anterselva, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    The chapel "Rauther" dates back to the 17th century. The chapel was built jointly by the owners of the two courts Ober- and Unterrauther.

    Churches & Monasteries
    "Burgfrieden" chapel - Rasun di Sopra
    Rasen-Antholz/Rasun Anterselva, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    The chapel near the court Burgfrieden on the western side of the valley is one of the youngest chapel in Rasun / Rasen. It is privately owned and belongs to the Burgfrieder farm.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Peter, Tanas
    Laas/Lasa, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The little church of St. Peter was built in 1396 but was destroyed during the flood of the Tanas river. A new church was built around 1500, the ruins of which can be seen just below St. Peter's Church. St. Peter's church, which is still standing today, was built in 1769 in baroque style and consecrated in 1782. The four-station Meditation Trail leads from Tanas to this little church.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel "Brugger" - Antholz Obertal
    Rasen-Antholz/Rasun Anterselva, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    In 1924 bulit the farmer Josef Pallhuber the "Brugger" chapel next to his house. Until now it is the youngest chapel in the valley.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel "Gruber" - Antholz Mittertal
    Rasen-Antholz/Rasun Anterselva, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    The chapel Gruber was rebuilt in 1872 and decorated in 1884 by the painter Rudiferia. The interior is friendly and light. The wooden sculpture in the altar, Christ in misery, was built around 1800.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church Saint George - Antholz Mittertal
    Rasen-Antholz/Rasun Anterselva, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    The church St. Georg in Antholz Mittertal was rebuilt in 1798 to today's baroque church. It is assumed that Antholz Mittertal had already a church in the year 1000.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Sisinius' Church, Lasa/Laas
    Laas/Lasa, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The Romanesque St. Sisinius' Church is situated on a plateau above Lasa/Laas, the village of marble in South Tyrol. Its rare choir tower church was built on the ruins of a former building. Skeleton and clay fragments from the Bronze Age even prove the existence of a cult worship place. The hill’s many years of settlement are probably due to its location. Even today, visitors enjoy the wonderful view of the surrounding mountains that extend to the Laaser Ferner glacier.

    The church itself was first mentioned in 1290 and is dedicated to the martyr Sisinius, who lived in the Nonsberg area of South Tyrol. Surrounded by a high asylum wall in a Romanesque herringbone pattern, the eastern wall has a Gothic pointed arch gate devoid of a gate wing. The choir is located in the tower, which is covered by a stone tower pyramid. The nave, on the other hand, has two round arched windows, a protruding triumphal arch and a portal made of pure Lasa marble.

    The church has no sacral furniture and is closed. Once a year only, just before Easter, it is decorated as an Easter grave for devotion.

    On Good Friday and Holy Saturday the Easter tomb is on display in the church.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Martin, Covelano/Göflan
    Schlanders/Silandro, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The Church of St. Martin was, during the High Medieval period, the main church in the Central Venosta Valley. Legend has it that its area of jurisdiction extended from Prato allo Stelvio/Prad am Stilfserjoch past Ciardes/Tschars all the way to Vent, in the Ötztal Alps. In 1212, the church was handed over to the Teutonic Order. Of particular interest are a 15th Century polyptych, the baroque main altar and a swivelling eighteenth-century tabernacle.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel "Marien" - Nove Case
    Rasen-Antholz/Rasun Anterselva, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    Also if the chapel in Neunhäusern / Nove Case is situated on Rasner municipality, it belongs to the parish of Olang / Valdaora.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Valpurga, Covelano/Göflan
    Schlanders/Silandro, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The Church of St. Valpurga is already recorded in 1233 as the Basilica in Gevelano and was rebuilt in late gothic style in 1502. It is the only sacral late gothic edifice in the whole of the Venosta Valley and today it serves as a funeral chapel. Opening times: during the church service, sun 8.15 am

    Churches & Monasteries
    "Lourdes" chapel- Rasun di Sopra
    Rasen-Antholz/Rasun Anterselva, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones
    The chapel was built in 1973 by the neighbors. It retains a statue of the Madonna of Lourdes from the parish church of Oberrasen / Rasun di Sopra.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel "Siebenter" - Antholz Niedertal
    Rasen-Antholz/Rasun Anterselva, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    At the foot of the sunny mountain side are located the courts Mairhöfe with the chapel Siebenter. The chapel was built in 1736 and renovated in 1913.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Nicolas, Lasa
    Laas/Lasa, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The Church of St. Nicholas is a late gothic construction presumably dating from around 1500. In 1786 the church was secularised, in line with the reforms instituted by Emperor Joseph II and there are no remaining traces of its original function. In 1984 the church was restored and today it is used to house exhibitions.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. John the Baptist, Corzes/Kortsch
    Schlanders/Silandro, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist although it isn't possible to determine the year in which it was built with any degree of certainty. The 16th Century gothic polyptych, together with the 'versus populum' marble altar by the sculptor Karl Grasser, the magnificent window by Robert Scherer and the wooden figure of the Pietá are all of particular interest.

    Worship Sat 7.30 pm, Sun 9.45 am in German language

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church Saint Andreas - Rasun di Sopra
    Rasen-Antholz/Rasun Anterselva, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    The church of St. Andreas in Oberrasen was built in the 14th century, consecrated in 1422, expanded in the 17th century and re-arched. In 1959 it was broken off in order to create space for the contemporary, modern style of the church.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church S. Nicolas, Vezzano/Vetzan
    Schlanders/Silandro, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The Church of St. Nicholas was recorded for the first time in 1432. In 1840 a landslide seriously damaged the entire town and the church, which was rebuilt ten years later. Since St. Nicholas is the patron saint of travellers, one can assume that the old Venosta road was already used by the ancient Romans to reach Vezzano/Vezzan. The church is open all year. Worship Sun 8.30 am in German

    Churches & Monasteries
    "Imberger" chapel - Rasun di Sotto
    Rasen-Antholz/Rasun Anterselva, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    The court Imberg belongs still to the parish of Rasen, even if has its access from Taisten. Like all other chapels in Rasen, the Imberg chapel has a very simple construction.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Ottilia, Cengles
    Laas/Lasa, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The Church of St. Ottilia was built in 1681 at the behest of Casper Perlinger. The Madonna and Baby Jesus can be seen on the large votive table together with Perlinger and his entire family. The church is of simple construction with an octagonal-shaped choir enclosure and barrel vault.

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21