Ga meteen naar de inhoud
toegevoegd aan favorieten
verwijderd uit favorieten
Helaas is er een probleem opgetreden. Probeer het opnieuw.
Uw account wordt aangemaakt
Je account is succesvol aangemaakt en je bent nu ingelogd
U bent uitgelogd
Filteren
Geselecteerde filters
    Moeilijkheidsgraad
    Duur
    Afstand in km
    Bezienswaardigheden
    Shops
    Golf

    Kerken en kloosters

    De kerken en kloosters in Zuid-Tirol bieden een kijkje in het rijke culturele en religieuze erfgoed van de regio. Van oude Romaanse bouwwerken tot charmante heiligdommen in de bergen, elke plek heeft prachtige architectuur, ingewikkelde fresco's en een serene omgeving. Of het nu de indrukwekkende kathedraal van Brixen is of de pittoreske abdij van Novacella, deze heilige plaatsen nodigen bezoekers uit om zich te vergapen aan hun historische betekenis en momenten van rust te vinden te midden van de adembenemende landschappen van Zuid-Tirol.
    Resultaten
    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of Saint Paul in Rodeneck
    Rodeneck/Rodengo, Brixen/Bressanone and environs
    Already 1341 was there a chapel; It could be that the church of San Paolo was the first chuch of Rodengo. The church is closed and not possible to visit.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church to San Floriano
    Neumarkt/Egna, The South Tyrolean Wine Road
    The parish church of St. Florian/St. Floriano on the old imperial road north of Laag/Laghetti was first mentioned in 1189, but it dates back to around 1145. The lower part of the nave dates from the time of its first mention (1189). The choir with the accentuated towering choir loft replaced an older end in the 13th century. The church of St. Florian is a unique artistic monument. In the nave, the old Romanesque building form is still preserved. Later, an elevated transverse square was attached to this nave, which was probably intended as a domed building. A round apse was attached to it in the 12th century, the exterior decoration of which features beautiful pilaster strips and a round arch frieze with various sculptures worth seeing. From 2005 to 2008, the church was restored from the ground up. The outside area around the church was also redesigned and a parking lot was built. On May 03, 2008, the church of St. Florian was consecrated by Bishop Wilhelm Egger.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church S. Cristina
    S.Crestina Gherdëina/Santa Cristina Val Gardana, Dolomites Region Val Gardena

    A chapel dedicated to Santa Cristina existed here probably at the end of the 12th century. A Romanesque church was mentioned in a papal document in 1342. The bell tower walls, up to the roof eaves, date back to that period. The church was extensively altered and enlarged: the choir is in the Gothic style, and a polygonal ossuary was added in the 16th century. The main altar (1690, Vinazer dynasty of sculptors) is worth a visit. The bronze statue of St. Philomena by Dominik Mahlknecht, once in the ossuary, is now in the main sqare of S. Cristina.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Oswald
    Lana, Meran/Merano and environs

    The Church of St. Oswald in Pawigl near Lana was built in the Middle Ages. The nave walls of the Church of St. Vigilius date from this time, which once marked the most northerly point of the diocese of Trento, and which was painted in the second half of the 14th century with important early Gothic frescoes that are still well preserved today. It was built in the 13th century and extensively renovated in 1876.

    Holy Mass:
    Sunday at 8.30 in german language

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of San Martino in Badia
    San Martin /San Martino, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    The year of construction of the first church is uncertain, but certainly in the year 1490 it was destroyed by a landslide that destroyed a large part of the village. 1492 another church was rebuilt. Over the centuries this church changed style several times and was also enlarged. In recent times the altar has been modernized with works from the artists Mellauner y Promberger. The church can be visited all year round.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church San Nicolò
    Neumarkt/Egna, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The parish church of Neumarkt/Egna is dedicated to St. Nicholas. The Romanesque porch dates back to the 12th century and was renovated in the 15th century. The tower was built in the 13th century. The choir, built by the master stonemason Konrad von Neumarkt, is an excellent example of late Gothic architecture.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church S. Nicolò
    Ulten/Ultimo, Meran/Merano and environs

    The church, mentioned for the first time in a letter of indulgence from 1338, has a neo-gothic winged altarpiece with beautiful figures (including the patron saint of St. Nikolaus), two neo-Romanesque side altars and 18th-century paintings. The crucifix on the triumphal arch dates from the 17th century. Around 1900, the Val Gardena carver Josef Senoner made today's church door. Their two wings represent the awarding of the key power to St. Peter. The glass windows on the front of the presbytery show St. Notburga with sickle and St. Cecilia with lyre.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church of St. Peter and Paul in Partschins
    Partschins/Parcines, Meran/Merano and environs

    This church was first mentioned in a document in 1264 and rebuilt in late Gothic style in 1502. It is worth mentioning some marble sculptures and mural paintings as well as a wooden sculpture by the famous artist Jörg Lederer from Kaufbeuren.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The St. Nikolaus cathedral
    Meran/Merano, Meran/Merano and environs

    This cathedral is dedicated to Saint Nicholas, the patron saint of merchants, entrepreneurs and carters. It stands in what was once the commercial center of the town, where goods coming from north and south were traded. The construction started in 1302 and continued until the middle of the 15th century. It is a large Gothic "hall" church. The south side, facing the main market square, was richly decorated and became the main facade. The Gotic portals are richly decorated, and there is a fine 14th century statue of St. Nicholas and an imposing late 15th century fresco of Saint Christopher on this facade. Masses (in German only) Weekdays: 9:00 a.m. Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Sundays: 8:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. & 7:00 p.m.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of the dead - Totenkirchl
    Sarntal/Sarentino, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The chapel of the dead is situated at an altitude of 2186 metres between the mountain pass of Villandro and Sarentino on the high plateau of the Villandro Alp. The little church has to be renovated constantly due to the unique location. The last renovation was in 1981 by the “shooters of Villandro – Villanderer Schützen”. The crucifixion group inside the chapel is larger than life, for this reason it impresses every visitor. To the chapel of the dead leads a way of the cross which is 4 km long and has 14 stations. Besides, a way of the cross leads from Sarentino to the little church.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church S. Geltrude
    Ulten/Ultimo, Meran/Merano and environs

    The church was built in the 14th century, but was extensively rebuilt in the 17th century. From this time date the today's doors, the round arch windows as well as the barrel vault originate. The 18th-century side statues depict St. Joseph and St. Anne. Outside, on the south wall, there is a Pietà (1916), and on the tower is a fragment of a Christopher from the 15th century.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church S. Pancrazio
    St.Pankraz/San Pancrazio, Meran/Merano and environs

    Where today the neo-gothic church of S. Pancrazio stands, used to be the oldest church of the Ultental Valley. The remains of the old long house walls are still preserved. The church was rebuilt in 1338, and in the second half of the 15th century the choir and the vaulting of the nave were built. Around 1890, the Baroque interior was replaced by a Gothic Revival interior.

    The tower clock with richly painted dials and the holy figures on the church doors are particularly worth seeing. The pointed arch portal adorns the neo-gothic carvings of Blasius Mayrhofer, a native of Ultental Valley. Look out for the impressive high altar dedicated to the patron saint of S. Pancrazio and the Gothic 15th century Madonna on the right side altar.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church San Giorgio
    Tiers am Rosengarten/Tires al Catinaccio, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    From the old church from 1332 only the lower part of the tower with its Roman round arch window still remain. The red tower with its imperial roof was built in 1739. The last redesign of the church’s interior during the second half of the 19th century gave the church its New-Roman touch. The artist Karl Hernrici painted an impressive ceiling fresco in 1772.

    Places to See
    Weiberbödele
    Stilfs/Stelvio, Vinschgau/Val Venosta
    The Weiberbödele is a site dating back to the Bronze Age (approx. 2000-1800 a. C) where votive pyres were consumed. Nearby, numerous metal slags and a bronze axe were found, which suggests the existence of a forge. The mineral should not have made a defect if you think that Stelvio - which is accessed after 15 minutes of ascent respecting the marker 9 (h. 1302 )- was built and inhabited by miners working in the mines of the area.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church San Biagio
    Truden/Trodena, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The Parish Church San Biagio was built in the 11th century in romanic stile. During some conversions till the 16th century it becames a Gothic church. Particularly impressive is the statue of the Merciful Mother inside the church.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Valentine Church
    Andrian/Andriano, The South Tyrolean Wine Road
    Andrian's parish church is dedicated to Saint Valentine. The patrocinium of St. Valentine suggests that it was a place of worship here very early on. The first documented mention of a church dates back to 1231. The oldest part of the present church consists of the lower part of the tower with the three-part ogival spire windows. Unfortunately, the nave of that time has not been preserved, but it is part of the building erected in the early 16th century, which today forms the choir of the church and has preserved its late Gothic elements with its ogival windows and star-ribbed vaulting. Some frescoes from that period can still be seen in the present-day sacristy, as well as the statues of Mary with Christ Child, St. Sebastian, St. Anne, St. Barbara and St. Catherine (late 15th/early 16th century) in the neo-Gothic winged altar, which was only made in 1904. All the rest of the church, including the nave and the upper part of the tower, was not built until the 19th century (nave 1852-1854, tower 1883) and in 1864 the side altarpieces were painted by Anton Psenner.

    Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church St. Sebastian
    Tscherms/Cermes, Meran/Merano and environs

    Today's Parish Church in Tscherms/Cermes was consecrated in 1270. The church tower still dates from this period, whilst the church itself was rebuilt in 1928/29 and furnished with altars and murals.

    Holy Mass:
    Saturday at 18.30 (in summer at 19.00) in german language
    Sunday at 9.00 in german language

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of Valle San Silvestro/Wahlen
    Toblach/Dobbiaco, Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    The church of San Silvestro/Wahlen is devoted to St.Nicolas, patron saint against flooding and avalanches. The church was bulit in the 16th century. 

    A church in Wahlen was first mentioned in a document around 1258. Certainly in the 15th century, but probably already in the 14th century, there was a little church dedicated to St. Nicholas in Wahlen. According to the inscription on the choir vault, the Gothic church of St. Nicholas in Wahlen with its rich net vault and beautiful portals was newly built in 1512 by the master builder Andre Firtaler from San Candido.                                          

    Churches & Monasteries
    Bad Egart Chapel of Reconciliation
    Partschins/Parcines, Meran/Merano and environs

    Bad Egart Chapel was built in the 18th century and is dedicated to Our Lady Mary. The little church is located in the Töll area and belongs to the oldest spa in Tyrol, Bad Egart. The history of the Egart health spa appears to go back to Roman times.

    Bad Egart was once among the best-known health spas in the vicinity of the spa town of Meran. In the past, only renowned spas also had a chapel. For this reason, the owner in those days, Joseph Joachim von Wolfenthal zu Spauregg und Gaudententurm had a chapel built for his guests during the renovation of the bathhouse in 1730.

    Today the little spa church is a pilgrimage chapel. Over the years, many visitors have written down their wishes and thoughts in letter form. The chapel is also believed to help reconcile separated couples.

    The structure of Bad Egart chapel was altered in 1926 and renovated at the end of the 20th century in keeping with the wishes of Karl Platino. It is a protected monument.

    Opening times: see Restaurant / Museum Bad Egart / Onkel Taa opening times.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Valentin parish church
    Brenner/Brennero, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    This church was probably built on a Romanic construction. Venantius Fortunatus, a poet and the bishop of Poitiers, wrote in the year 565 in a travel report about a “templum Valentini”. If he meant the church of Brenner/Brennero with this is not definitely sure.

    A Romanic tower flanks the nave that was rebuilt in the XV century in gothical style. The stone framed main portal and the polygonal choir are of this time.

    The chapel beside the graveyard wall with the deep round arch niche has been built in 1692.

    In the years 1731, 1769 and 1792 there have been essential modifications and renovations in the nave and on the arch. Franz Unterberger painted the ceiling paintings in the year 1787.

    1983 and 1985 the parish church has been restored. This shows the corresponding offertory box. In October 1962  the parish church Maria am Wege was consecrated and replaced the church St. Valentin as principal church in Brenner/Brennero.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church
    Brixen/Bressanone, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    Romanesque St. Michael’s church of the 11th century, Gothic choir loft and the „Weißer Turm“ (White Tower, 72 m) dating from the 15th century, hall church of the late Gothic around 1500, after 1750 redesigned in a baroque manner with frescoes by Josef Hautzinger, Troger’s apprentice from Vienna, altars of the Baroque, Classicism and Romanticism. Famous sculpture of Simon, the „Kreuzträger“.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Peter's Parish Church
    Algund/Lagundo, Meran/Merano and environs

    Popular wisdom says that the church square, which offers many beautiful views, was once home to one of the oldest baptisteries in the area. Today, the Parish Church stands on an even older site dating back to the pre-romanesque period (lombard-carolingian style) and is one of the rare examples of a cross-domed church with central nave and side naves.

    In 1287 Count Meinhard II of Tyrol transferred the patronage to the Cistercian monastery of Stams in the Oberinntal valley. St. Peter is still under the pastoral care of the monastery today. Under Meinhard, the lombard-carolingian church underwent a thorough reconfiguration; further modifications were made in the Gothic period. The church is rich in precious Romanesque and Gothic frescoes. The southern side nave has an especially well-preserved half-length portrait of St. Paul dating back to the 11th century.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church St. Magdalena
    Vadena/Pfatten, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The parish church of St. Magdalena used to be a small chapel that was integrated into a castle. The chapel was built in 1304 and dedicated to St. Mary Loreto. In 1797 the chapel had some modifications, such as the construction of a tower and the extension of the chapel to a church. In 1804 the patronage of the church was transferred to St. Magdalena.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The parish church of St Martin at Ciardes
    Kastelbell-Tschars/Castelbello-Ciardes, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The parish church of St Martin is located high up on the Murkegel, before the Sonnenberg of Tschars, and it presumably rises up directly on top of the foundations of its Romanesque predecesor. It is a fourbayed hall church from the first quarter of the 16th cent. with a narrower choir that concludes in a three-sided apse. Its formidable tower with a Baroque onion dome rises up in the south. The interior was renovated in a Baroque style in the third quarter of the 18th cent.

    Churches & Monasteries
    S.Vigilio/St.Vigil church
    Al Plan/San Vigilio, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    The San Vigilio/St.Vigil church is dedicated to Saint Vigilio and was rebuilt in Rococo style between 1781 and 1782. The frescoes are from Matthäus Günther.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Vallierteck
    Graun im Vinschgau/Curon Venosta, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    the hermitage in a forest clearing was originally built by a farmer out of gratitude for the help that he was in 1775 by the mother of God bestowed. In 1886, the new chapel was built under Curate Joseph Stecher and equipped end of the 19th century, the interior with frescoes. The altar dates from the 18th century Categories: culture, Sacred art

    Churches & Monasteries
    Ortisei Parish Church
    Urtijëi/Ortisei, Dolomites Region Val Gardena

    The 19th century Neo-Gothic nave was dismantled in 1988 and replaced by an 8-sided building. This remarkable church is decorated with several paintings, carvings, statues and images (among which a statue of St. Ulrich by Ludwig Moroder and the altar painting depicting the Adoration of the Magi by Josef Moroder-Lusenberg).

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parrish church of St. Vitus
    Ratschings/Racines, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    The parish church to the hl. Veit was inaugurated at the beginning of the 16th century and restored again and again during the past centuries, even after the great fire in 1783.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church in Terenten
    Terenten/Terento, Brixen/Bressanone and environs
    A House of worship was mentioned in Terento in 1362, a church must have been there long before this however. Bishop Hartmann from Bressanone consecrated an altar in 1162. A new long nave was constructed in 1683/84. The Parish Church was extended from 1848 to 1850 and re-designed in a late Romanic style. A comprehensive restoration took place in 1964. During the course of this restoration, the foundation walls of an almost square-shaped church room from Roman times were discovered. Preserved from the late-gothic building are the choir with its three-sided completion, and the rectangular block stone tower with pointed acoustic windows. The long nave was reconstructed in late Roman style at the middle of the 19th century. The barrel vault dates back to the late Roman reconstruction and is decorated with ceiling paintings by Christoph Brandstätter. The ceiling paintings were restored in 1896. The altars of the Parish Church show the transition from classicism to late-gothic. Adjacent to the Parish Church you can admire a late-gothic Holy Cross Chapel, which was consecrated in 1520. The chapel impresses with a polygonal choir and a stellar vault.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Parich church of St. Anton and Nikolaus
    Laives/Leifers, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The parish church of Laives/Leifers – Where past and future meet

    The parish church of Leifers is made of two parts, a historical one and a modern one. The historic part was first mentioned in 1286 and contains the miraculous image of Maria Weissenstein. Thanks to the former curate of Laives/Leifers, Johann von Kolb it is still possible to admire the statue. During the 70s there was already the intention of expanding the church. The Italian speaking community first wanted an own parsonage, but the bishop of that time was keen on reinforcing the connection between the two communities (Italian and German speaking), not separating them. Therefore, the decision to extend the already existing church has been made. The construction began in 2000 and ended 4 years later. The modern part has been christened in 2004. The form of the building is a symbol for acceptance, home, friendship and understanding and shows the way to an eternal home. As a sign for Christianity and resurrection, a triumphal cross has been put up over the altar. The different light inside the church symbolise Christ, who is the world’s light.

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21