Ga meteen naar de inhoud
toegevoegd aan favorieten
verwijderd uit favorieten
Helaas is er een probleem opgetreden. Probeer het opnieuw.
Uw account wordt aangemaakt
Je account is succesvol aangemaakt en je bent nu ingelogd
U bent uitgelogd
Filteren
Geselecteerde filters
    Moeilijkheidsgraad
    Duur
    Afstand in km
    Bezienswaardigheden
    Shops
    Golf

    Kerken en kloosters

    De kerken en kloosters in Zuid-Tirol bieden een kijkje in het rijke culturele en religieuze erfgoed van de regio. Van oude Romaanse bouwwerken tot charmante heiligdommen in de bergen, elke plek heeft prachtige architectuur, ingewikkelde fresco's en een serene omgeving. Of het nu de indrukwekkende kathedraal van Brixen is of de pittoreske abdij van Novacella, deze heilige plaatsen nodigen bezoekers uit om zich te vergapen aan hun historische betekenis en momenten van rust te vinden te midden van de adembenemende landschappen van Zuid-Tirol.
    Resultaten
    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church Santa Walburga
    Martell/Martello, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The original parish church of St. Walburga is thought to have already been in existence around 1203, and is located close to the permanent settlements by the stone river surfaces in Val Martello. The church was consecrated in 1440, it was extended in 1650, and an upper section was added in 1759. The neo-romanesque altar was completed in 1887.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The Parish Church "Holy cross" of Seis
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    In the year 1937 the construct of the building began, which should be consecrated to the holy cross. The finished place of worship was consecrated in 1950. The arrangement of the walls reminds of the strict forms of old basilicas. In 1962 the tower received five new bells. In the four large windows the mountain lecture, the sacrament of the baptism, the altar and the marriage and the Eucharistie are represented.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of Santa Caterina/Heilige Katharina
    Corvara, Dolomites Region Alta Badia

    The parish church Saint Catherine of Alexandria, mentioned in 1347 and consecrated in 1452, is the first church of Corvara. In the small church, built in late gothic style, you can admire some admirable works of art.

    For example, there are some frescoes and a winged altar dating back to 1520, the only well-preserved winged altar in the Val Badia valley. The altar was realized by the workshop of Ruprecht Potsch and was restored in 1975. The legend tells, that the landscape paintings on the two panels of the altar are by the famous painter Titian, who was probably in Corvara for a short time. Art experts attribute the work to an artist from the so-called Danube School, Albrecht Altdorfer.

    Around the church there is, as usual in our alpine area, the village cemetery.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Natural Pressure Water System
    Natz-Schabs/Naz-Sciaves, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    A display board in the Rienzschlucht gorge provides information on the 11-km long natural pressure water system of Lüsen, which was constructed on the high plateau in the 1950s. Thanks to this pioneering work, life on the high plateau was changed fundamentally. From a poor arid region, it turned into a thriving landscape anda bustling tourist destination.

    In 1983, a fountain was built in honor of the founder of the soil improvement consortium on the High Apple Plateau of Natz, Mr. Jakob Auer Flötscher. The fountain in the center of Natz displays his bust in bronze. Auer was a pioneer of environmentalism, as he was the driving force in the construction of a natural pressure water system, which has provided the high plateau with fresh water ever since.

     

    Churches & Monasteries
    St Anne´s Chapel in Ploj
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    St Anne´s Chapel was built on a slab of rock south of the middle of Kastelruth. This High Baroque structure was consecrated in 1724 by Kaspar Ignaz von Künigl, Prince- Bishop of Brixen. The question of who served as master builder remains unresolved, but there are stylistic similarities to church buildings by the Delai family of master builders from bolzano.

    Churches & Monasteries
    San Cipriano Church
    Sarntal/Sarentino, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The first documentary mention of the St. Cyprian Chapel in Sarnthein / Sarentino Village was in the year 1328. In the middle of the 15th century, the church was rebuilt in the Gothic style. The well-preserved frescoes are a special treat.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St. Valentin
    Tramin an der Weinstraße/Termeno sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Church near the graveyard. If you like to visit the church, you get the key in the Tourist Office - we need a deposit.

    Places to See
    Lutheran church
    Villnöss/Funes, Dolomites Region Villnösstal

    The Lutheran church is a lime block northeastern of St. Magdalena, accessible from the church of St. Magdalena. The supporters of the lutheran teaching shall have met in secret to celebrate The Liturgy of the Word.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Holy grave
    Lüsen/Luson, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    holy grave open to Easter the holy grave ist  uniquely in South Tyrol

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Magdalene (15th century)
    Villnöss/Funes, Dolomites Region Villnösstal

    The church of St. Magdalene was first mentioned in 1394. The present-day late Gothic building dates back to 1492 and the interior is characterised by baroque elements. The paintings by the Ladin artist Johann M. Pescoller in the choir vault from 1928 are well worth seeing.

    Important information on arrival:
    The access road to the church is closed for cars (gate) and only accessible to residents. It is best to park at the "Putzen" car park shortly after the village St. Magdalena and walk to the church (approx. 30 min.).

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parrocchiale dell'Assunta
    Sarntal/Sarentino, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The Mary's Ascension into Heaven Parish Church is located in Sarnthein / Sarentino Village. The church was first mentioned in documents dating back to 1309. The church tower is the oldest part, having been built in the 14th century. Other parts of the church were added or expanded over the years.

    Places to See
    French Graveyard in St. Leonhard/S. Leonardo
    St.Leonhard in Passeier/San Leonardo in Passiria, Meran/Merano and environs

    In November 1809 thousands of soldiers from Napoleon’s army advanced over the Jaufenpass and into the Passeiertal Valley. They were heading for Meran. At St. Leonhard, however, there was a violent confrontation with Passeier insurgents, 22 of whom were killed, while 200 soldiers and 30 officers were reported dead on the French side.

    According to subsequent accounts, the dead Frenchmen were buried in an old cemetery – probably a plague cemetery – at the edge of St. Leonhard. In the anniversary year of 1959, 150 years after the rebellion, the local company of marksmen affixed a marble tablet there. The French Embassy to this day sends funds for the maintenance of the cemetery, with the French tricolore flying over the grass.

    No trace was found of the dead Frenchmen during an archaeological excavation carried out in 2009. This seemed to confirm earlier doubts about any mass grave containing French soldiers. But in 2013 the French Ministry of Defence arranged for further excavations; these actually found a knife and the remains of bones and articles of clothing, which suggest such a grave.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St. Jakob am Joch (12th century)
    Villnöss/Funes, Dolomites Region Villnösstal

    The St. James Church is located near the pre-Christian burnt offering site of Tschaufis. The walls of the nave date back to the 12th century and the bell tower was built in Gothic style. The gothic winged altarpiece from 1517 is the most precious piece of the church.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of St. James Rabland/Rablà
    Partschins/Parcines, Meran/Merano and environs

    St. Jakob's Chapel was built in late Gothic style in 1513. On the outer wall, you can see two sundials from the 16th century. The chapel interior houses a pointed arch portal decorated with a little turret as well as two altarpieces.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish Church St. Vigilius in Colfosco
    Corvara, Dolomites Region Alta Badia

    The late Gothic church of Colfosco, with the Sella Massif in the background, is a popular photo motif of the Dolomites.

    The parish church of St. Vigil was first mentioned in 1419. In the following years it was restored and expanded several times.

    Particularly interesting are the neo-Gothic lobby on the outer facade with a grooved and beveled pointed arch portal, the bulbous spire and the church altar. This dates from the late 19th century and is from the local artist Johann Valentin - Badia. In the middle niche of the altar there is an 18th century picture of the Virgin Mary and on the sides there are the statues of St. Vigilius and St. Kassian. For safety reasons, the valuable statue of St. Vigilius has been replaced with a copy.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Bartholomew Church of Nafen (13th century)
    Villnöss/Funes, Dolomites Region Villnösstal

    The St. Bartholomew Church of Nafen was mentioned in 1307 for the first time and the building in late Gothic style was built in 1489. The frescoes inside the church date back to the 15th to 17th century. The winged altarpiece from the 16th century is exceptional. Because of the illustration of the “Holy Face” at the back of the altar, the church was a pilgrimage site for dental patients for a long time.

    Forts & Castles
    Carthusian Monastery Allerengelberg
    Schnals/Senales, Meran/Merano and environs

    Visiting the town of Certosa/Karthaus is like a journey into the past. The town was built inside the walls of the Cloister of Certosa degli Angeli, founded in 1326 and reopened in 1782. The Via Crucis of the ancient cloister is especially interesting.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St. Valentin (14th century)
    Villnöss/Funes, Dolomites Region Villnösstal

    The church St. Valentine dates back to 1303 and the nave as well as the bell tower are built in Romanesque style. Probably there was already a previous church at this position around 1090. While the majority of the frescoes inside the church date back to the 15th century, the oldest ones were painted in the 14th century. Exceptional is the Gothic winged altarpiece, an oeuvre by Hans Klocker from 1500.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Castle Prösels
    Völs am Schlern/Fiè allo Sciliar, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    Prösels Castle was built in 1200 by the masters of Völs, the noble servers of the bishop of Brixen. In the early 16th century, the head of the provincial government, Leonhard von Völs, turned the castle into a Renaissance residence. The castle as it looks today is almost entirely the work of Leonhard von Völs. In the year 1981, the company KURATORIUM SCHLOSS PRÖSELS Ltd. purchased the castle.

    Discover the Rittersaal, the Pfeilersaal, Kaminzimmer ,the Castle chapel and many other rooms in the Renaissance castle on a guided tour. Special programmes are available for school groups and families.

    In summer, Prösels Castle hosts numerous concerts in the castle courtyard or on the castle lawn and, in case of bad weather, in the Knights' Hall.

    Castle Tours: From 1 May to 31 October Prösels Castle is open to visitors who must be part of a guided tour. Closed Saturdays.

    From January 11th to March 28st 2024every Thursday at 3.00pm a guided castle tour takes place. After the guided tour a cup of "Apfelglühmix", a mulled local apple juice, will be served. Reservations within 12 pm of the respective date in the information offices or info@schloss-proesels.it

    German and Italian speaking visitors are taken by a guide, for all other visitors guided audio tours are offered in English.

    • May- 11.00 a.m. | 12.00 noon | 2.00 p.m. | 3.00 p.m.
    • June - 11.00 a.m. | 12.00 noon | 2.00 p.m. | 3.00 p.m.
    • July - 11.00 a.m. | 12.00 noon | 1.00 p.m. | 2.00 p.m. | 3.00 p.m. | 4.00 p.m.
    • August - 11.00 a.m. | 12.00 noon | 1.00 p.m. | 2.00 p.m. | 3.00 p.m. | 4.00 p.m.
    • September - 11.00 a.m. | 12.00 noon | 2.00 p.m. | 3.00 p.m.
    • October - 11.00 a.m. | 12.00 noon | 2.00 p.m. | 3.00 p.m.

    Fees:

    • Adults 10,00€
    • Children (6-14 years) 6,00€
    • Groups (per person) 7,00€
    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church of Teis (1890)
    Villnöss/Funes, Dolomites Region Villnösstal

    Already in the 13th century, there was a St. Mary’s church at Teis which, however, was destroyed by the heavy earthquake in 1471. The present-day neo-Gothic nave was completed in 1890 and consecrated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The bell tower dates back to around 1500 and the great bell was cast at Innsbruck in 1734.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Santa Barbara church
    La Val, Dolomites Region Alta Badia

    The Santa Barbara church, built in the late Gothic style, was built in the 15th century on a panoramic hill just outside the village of La Val.

    Historical evidence indicates that the church built in honor of Santa Barbara, patron saint of miners, is the work of the miners of Valparola, who worked the iron minerals extracted from Monte Pore.

    The painting on the outside wall depictings a crucifixion in the open countryside and various mural paintings inside are of particular historical value.

    The Santa Barbara church can be reached with just a half-hour walk from the village centre of La Val along the "Memento Vivere" meditation path, consisting of the stations "Birth", "Childhood", "Youth", "Adults age" and "Old age".

    Churches & Monasteries
    Maria-Hilf Church
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    The church dedicated to the Holy Mother Maria (1244) stands in the center of the village with its tower covered with fine, red tiles.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Pfarrkirche Zu den Heiligen Mauritius und Korbinian Parish Church in Caines/Kuens
    Kuens/Caines, Meran/Merano and environs

    In the 8th century, there was probably a church at the place where the present church of St. Korbinian stands. The church was restored in the 12th century in the Romanesque style. At the old nave, a Gothic chancel was added in the 15th century, with reticulated vault and arched windows. In 1615/16, barrel vaulting was added, later extended in the mid-19th century also to the west. The south wall of the church is decorated with frescoes dating to the end of the 14th century.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St. Remigio, Oris/Eyrs
    Laas/Lasa, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The old church at Oris was St. Bartholomew's. After a landslide destroyed the entire settlement, a new church was built at the foot of the mountain dedicated to St. Remigio and was documented for the first time in 1424. Landslides recorded in 1831, 1840 and 1855 destroyed the town and in 1852 a new church was built. Worship: Sunday 10 am in German

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel St. Michael at Pizack
    Villnöss/Funes, Dolomites Region Villnösstal

    The unique tabernacle is particularly interesting: the Cross is made from a grapevine. The key can be collected at the nearby Gasthof Lamm.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Pfarrkirche Maria Himmelfahrt Parish Church in Moos/Moso
    Moos in Passeier/Moso in Passiria, Meran/Merano and environs

    Built in 1402/03 in Gothic style with a 52m high church spire. The altarpiece dates from the Baroque period. The impressive Via Crucis was made by artist Nikolaus Auer from the Passeirer Malerschule school of painting.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church "Zum Hl. Michael"
    Latsch/Laces, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The parish church of St. Michael in Tarres was first mentioned back in 1214. The roman frescoes are especially worth a look, as are the sumptuous altar decorations, which date back to different periods.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The Parish Church of St. Zeno
    Naturns/Naturno, Meran/Merano and environs

    St. Zeno Parish Church in Naturns A Romanesque chancel chapel is known to have stood on the site of the present-day parish church which dates from 1200. The older pre- Carolingian building was later incorporated to become the apse of the present-day Late Gothic church which is dedicate to St. Zeno, patron saint who protects against flooding and erstwhile Bishop of Verona. It was built between 1474 and 1475. The choir was re-built in Baroque style in 1760.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church "Zum Hl. Dionysius"
    Latsch/Laces, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The parish church of St. Dionysius in Morter was constructed in a gothic style, and was consecrated in 1479. The frescoes of painter Adrian Mair, which date back to the 17th century, are of particular interest, given that he hails from Laces himself.

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21