Ga meteen naar de inhoud
toegevoegd aan favorieten
verwijderd uit favorieten
Helaas is er een probleem opgetreden. Probeer het opnieuw.
Uw account wordt aangemaakt
Je account is succesvol aangemaakt en je bent nu ingelogd
U bent uitgelogd
Filteren
Geselecteerde filters
    Moeilijkheidsgraad
    Duur
    Afstand in km
    Bezienswaardigheden
    Shops
    Golf

    Kerken en kloosters

    De kerken en kloosters in Zuid-Tirol bieden een kijkje in het rijke culturele en religieuze erfgoed van de regio. Van oude Romaanse bouwwerken tot charmante heiligdommen in de bergen, elke plek heeft prachtige architectuur, ingewikkelde fresco's en een serene omgeving. Of het nu de indrukwekkende kathedraal van Brixen is of de pittoreske abdij van Novacella, deze heilige plaatsen nodigen bezoekers uit om zich te vergapen aan hun historische betekenis en momenten van rust te vinden te midden van de adembenemende landschappen van Zuid-Tirol.
    Resultaten
    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Oswald Church
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm
    South-west of Kastelruth, below the Laranzer Forest, lies the hamlet of St Oswald, named after the patron saint of its church. The landmark of the church´s high tower can be seen from a great distance. The church is mentioned for the first time in a historical document from 1234, which was produced on the occasion of an exchange of estates between the Benedictine monastery at Georgenberg and Count Albert III of Tyrol. However, it had probably already been built in the 11th c. One piece of evidence for this is the choice of its patron saint, because the cult of St Oswald of North Umbria spread through Europe before and during the period of the Crusades.
    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Proculus Church
    Naturns/Naturno, Meran/Merano and environs

    St. Prokulus Church: This delightful little church was built in the first half of the VII century and houses the oldest frescoes in the German-speaking area of Europe. All the inside walls and the south-facing outside wall were covered in frescoes towards the end of the XIV century. The pre-Carolingian frescoes inside the building were not revealed until 1923.

    The ticket is available at the museum. Free admission with the museumobil Card an the Museumcard. We offer tablets to guide you trough the museum trail in English.

    Opening hours 2024: 19.03. - 31.10.2024

    every tuesday, thursday and sunday 10.00 - 12.30 and 14.30 - 17.30

    Closed: 01.04.2024, 01.05.2024 and 20.05.2024



    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church of La Villa
    Badia, Dolomites Region Alta Badia

    The parish church of "Our Lady": the present church was consacrated in 1516.

    Starting from the 19th century the interior decoration was adapted to the taste of the age. The exterior is simple. The Gothic altar is a work created by a workshopof the Val Gardena, while the lateral altars present a marked style of the Tuscan Gothic.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of Radund
    Martell/Martello, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    In 1709, Eustach Waldner built the Radund Chapel in Val Martello. Following a serious mountain accident, he promised to build a chapel if his life would be spared. The chapel is dedicated to the fourteen emergency helper, who were involved in his rescue.

    The keys are available at the familiy Waldner Alois
    Tel. +39 0473 744675

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church San Martino in Monte
    Latsch/Laces, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The sanctuary of the holy San Martino was probably built over a pagan sanctuary caveand dates from the 16th century. The San Martino statue still stands in a natural cave to day - hence the only proper name of San Martino in Monte. From San Martino you enjoy a particularly and beautiful view of the valley and in the Ortler mountains.

    Churches & Monasteries
    S. Jakob Church in Söles near Glurns/ Glorenza
    Glurns/Glorenza, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The earliest mentions date back to 1220 and 1249. In 1499 the church was set on fire after the Battle of the Calven and was rebuilt as a Gothic church in 1570/1580. Excavations brought to light surprising results in the form of a predecessor church from the 6th/7th and 8th centuries. The patrocinium, however, points to the 9th century. Furthermore, parts of frescoes from the time before the first mentioning of the church were found, which turned out to be picture decorations of the Romanesque predecessor church and are of excellent artistic quality.


    Open only for guided tours in german language on request (+39 0473 831097).

    Churches & Monasteries
    Old Parish church La Val
    La Val, Dolomites Region Alta Badia

    Old parish church St. Genesius.                                                         

    Churches & Monasteries
    Priest Heinrich Videsott's house
    La Val, Dolomites Region Alta Badia

    Pastor Heinrich Videsott was born on July 3, 1912 in Mantana near Brunico and died on December 9, 1999 in La Val. Pastor Videsott particularly stood out for his spiritual charisma, his deep piety and great compassion. He showed an unlimited willingness to help and was an ambassador of the goodness and love of God.

    Forts & Castles
    The labyrinth of Dlijia vedla
    La Val, Dolomites Region Alta Badia

    In 2022, on the initiative of the meditation group of La Val, and under the direction of labyrinth expert Gernot Candolini, a labyrinth was built in the centre of the area occupied by the former church of San Genesio. It is a simple Gothic labyrinth, consisting of five paths traced with brook stones. Many things here in Dlijia vedla remind us of the transience of life: the remains walls of the old church, the abandoned cemetery...

    Memento mori - Memento vivere!

    Everything passes quickly, and the moment never stops. So be ACCORDIOUS and aware, enjoy the view, feel the hope that lurks in life, let yourself be inspired and blessed by goodness and change.

    "This place here is a place of power, you must make use of it" Dr. Karl Gruber, Regional Conservator

                                    

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Oswald, Mauls / Mules
    Freienfeld/Campo di Trens, Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs

    Consecrated to St. Oswald, this church is of particular artistic significance and was constructed in 1329. A variety of artists is responsible for the frescoes which were all painted during the 18th and 19th century. The key to the church is available by the vicarage.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church of the Saints Philip and Jacob in Natz
    Natz-Schabs/Naz-Sciaves, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    Natz is the original seat of the ancient Natz parish from the Carolingian period. The curch was built in 1208 in the late Gothic style, commissioned by the Prince-Archbishop Konrad and consecrated in honor of St. Philip and St. Walburga. The tower was built from 1,400 granite blocks. The wooden sculptures that decorate the neo-Gothic main altar date back to 1470 and were influenced by the famous Artist Michael Pacher.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Franziskus Church
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    The Franziskus Church. The modern church of Franziskus, designed in the shape of a dove, on the Seiser Alm invites visitors to contemplate and reflect. St. Francis of Assisi, who loved nature and God’s creation above everything, is the patron saint of the church. The plan of the church building shows the dove as a contour drawing. The body forms the sanctuary of the church and the wings the side additions. The towering bell tower represents the head in the upright projection. This rises smoothly out of the church sanctuary through a laminated timber construction. The interior of the church impresses with its brightly designed space and an interesting interplay of light and shadow. The slightly raised chancel faces east in accordance with ancient tradition. As it was very important to use simple, local building materials, larch wood and porphyry were used. The subtle fragrance of the wood is particularly pleasant. This conveys feelings of security and warmth to churchgoers.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church of San Cassiano
    Badia, Dolomites Region Alta Badia

    A church of the village was already mentioned in a document of the 15th century.

    The reconstructed building dates back to 1782. The exterior aspect of the building consists of clearly separated architectural parts, while the interior decoration presents a subdivision in pilasters.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of Santa Maria Loreto at Steinhaus/Cadipietra
    Ahrntal/Valle Aurina, Ahrntal/Valle Aurina

    The church Maria of Loreto, a very well maintained, in 1700 accomodated in the present form of worship, was built by the owners of "Ahrner Handel". The church "The Black Madonna" is also visited by pilgrims today.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel in Rü
    Badia, Dolomites Region Alta Badia

    This chapel in the hamlet "Rü" was built in 1973 and was dedicated to the Madonna of Lourdes.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Sacred Heart Chapel at Schabs
    Natz-Schabs/Naz-Sciaves, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    In commemoration of the 175th anniversary of the struggle for the Liberation of Tyrol, the Company of traditional marksmen from Schabs, built the Chapel of the Sacred Heart in 1984. The chapel is located northwest of Schabs, on the way to Viums.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church of St. Margaretha in Schabs
    Natz-Schabs/Naz-Sciaves, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    Although consecrated in 1281, St. Margaretha, the late Gothic parish curch in Schabs was only completed in 1454. By the end of the eighteen century its interior had been reconstructed in Baroque style with its poral framed in Stone. It is worth noting that the 72 m bell-Tower is unusually tall and narrow.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Ascension Church in Ehrenburg
    Kiens/Chienes, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    The Ascension Church in Ehrenburg was first built in the year 1370. Today's building was built in the baroque period between 1698 and 1701. The mercy-painting was painted by I. A. Mölck (1755). In the crypt, there is an old statue of the Virgin Mary and other interesting paintings.

    Parks
    Mount Calvary
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    An unique group of holy buildings is standing on Mount Calvary, also called Kofel/Colle at Kastelruth/Castelrotto. From the village a path leads among porphyry rocks and beautiful nature. Several chapels line the pilgrimage, which ends at the Roman tower. The seven chapels show pictures of Jesus and his mother, the Mount of Olives, the scourging, crowning with thorns and the handwashing and the Entombment. (Nice walk - 20 minutes)

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church "St. Medardus"
    Latsch/Laces, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    The church of St. Medardus, also called "Sommadorn" by the natives, was built over a prehistoric holy spring. This spring, which originally flowed underground from the altar through the nave, was damaged by tunnel work for the "Zufritt" reservoir in Val Martello, and in consequence the spring dried up. The apse covered with flagstones is remarkable, as are the romanesque tower with rounded arch frieze and rounded arch window. Over the side portal are remains of a romanesque crucifixion group from the 13th century.

    Viewing only possible on request:
    +39 339 60 54 660 oder +39 342 87 78 380

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Ägidius Succural Church
    Natz-Schabs/Naz-Sciaves, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The succursal church of St. Ägidius in Raas is a late-Gothic building, and was completed by the constructor Thomas Maurer in 1532. The neo-Gothic interior mostly dates from around 1880. On the high altar, one can see St. Ägidius, the patron of the church and the protector of viticulture. In Raas, the now rare custom of the bread donation and bread distribution is still practised on the day of the church patron in September.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Nikolaus´Church in Burgeis / Burgusio
    Mals/Malles, Vinschgau/Val Venosta

    An inscription refers to the first consecration of the church in 1199. The nave has a flat ceiling and is equipped with oylets. The choir has a semi-circular, vaulted apse with a Majestas representation and two well-preserved Evangelist symbols. There are traces of frescoes dating back to the 13th century. To the south of the triumphal arch appear the victims of Cain and the upper body of a fish-tailed siren. The head with long hair, the thoughtful expression and the gestures of the arms give the depiction a uniquely melancholic appearance, which contrasts significantly with the image of the demonic element in the other wall paintings.

    The Church of S. Nicolaus is open from 03.05.2024 - 18.10.2024 every friday at 2 pm for the guided tours in german and italian language.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of "Piceplan"
    Badia, Dolomites Region Alta Badia

    The Chapel "Piceplan" was built in 1887 and is dedicated to the Mother of God.

    Twice a year the community pilgrims to the chapel.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church Maria Hilf at Steinhaus/Cadipietra
    Ahrntal/Valle Aurina, Ahrntal/Valle Aurina

    On 15 October 1993, the consecration of the parish church Maria Hilf took place. The church district is in the east of new homes, in the north of the new school building and bandstand, in the west of historically valuable Count House (stand hunting Gasegg) and in the south west of the parish church "To our Lady of Loreto" and the "granary" as well as in the south of the old elementary school and private houses limited.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St. Valentin in Prettau/Predoi
    Prettau/Predoi, Ahrntal/Valle Aurina

    The church of St. Valentin is a late Gothic building and is situated in the centre of Prettau/Predoi. Inside the church there is a special highlight among other sacral artefacts, the altarpiece.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Nikolaus in Aicha
    Natz-Schabs/Naz-Sciaves, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    It is said that the Church of St. Nikolaus was built in 1402 on the site of what was previously a small chapel and the works were terminated approximately in 1464. The frescoes above the door of the church were only discovered during subsequent restorations in 1985 and are probably the work of the renowned sculptor, Michael Pacher. The pointed steeple with its four bells also dates back to this period.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church steeple of Kastelruth
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    With a height of 82 meters, the church steeple in Castelrotto is not only the highest in the vicinity, it's also – they say – the one with the most-beautiful-sounding bells. But the big tower bell has always been the greatest source of pride. They never fail to admiringly mention "Big Bell." The citizens of neighboring villages were so incensed by this that the young fellows in nearby Laion finally decided to teach the boastful natives of Castelrotto a lesson…

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel at the feet of the Sas Dlacia
    Badia, Dolomites Region Alta Badia

    This chapel was built in 1993 at a very leisurely place at the feet of the "Sas Dlacia" behind the camping area. It is dedicated to the Madonna of Lourdes.
    Out of the donation of the visitors a well could be built in Africa.

    Churches & Monasteries
    The Parish Church of Kastelruth
    Kastelruth/Castelrotto, Dolomites Region Seiser Alm

    Kastelruth's exceptionally imposing, free-standing bell tower already beckons to visitors from a great distance. The tower and church form a captivating achitectural ensemble together with the town hall and the houses built around the church square by leading citizens. It is no coincidence that this village's historical core has been selected as one of the most beautiful in Italy.
    The Parish Church of Kastelruth – also known as the “cathedral on the mountains” is dedicated to the apostle princes Peter and Paul. The parish church is an example of Viennese engineering. Worship services: Sunday: 10.00 a.m. (in German)
    The parish church is open during the day throughout the year

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Magdalena in Viums
    Natz-Schabs/Naz-Sciaves, Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    The church, situated on a hill in Viums, was consecrated in 1281 and is considered as the most beautiful shrine in the surroundings. The present church construction dates from 1500 and was build on the fundament of a church, the expansion of the tower happened in the 17th century.

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21