Přeskočit na obsah
přidáno k oblíbeným
odebráno z oblíbených
Jejda! Došlo k problému, zkuste to prosím znovu
Vytváří se váš účet
Váš účet byl úspěšně vytvořen a nyní jste přihlášeni
Jste odhlášeni
Filtr
Vybrané filtry
    Úroveň obtížnosti
    Doba trvání
    Vzdálenost v km

    Kultur & Sehenswürdigkeiten an der Südtiroler Weinstraße

    Výsledky
    Lakes, cascades
    Waterfall in Vilpian
    Terlan/Terlano, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    A Natural Monument!
    The 82 m high waterfall is fed by the Möltner Brook. The path leads past the old Vilpiano's Wasserwaal from the 17th century. The water was once used to irrigate the fields.

    Accessible by foot in ten minutes from the village center of Vilpiano.

    Culture & Attractions
    Girlan Winery
    Eppan an der Weinstaße/Appiano sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    This winery, rich of traditions, has seen many alterations over the years and the cellar area in particular was extended and reorganized in 2011. An underground concrete construction was built to form a new fermentation cellar with a pressing chamber, over which a curved roof was built in order to protect the delivery. A concrete structure was also chosen for the new storage room, the west-facing wall, which gives out onto the orchard and was covered in wire baskets filled with excavated stones. These gabions were also used along the border and, as a design feature of the building extension, are reminiscent of the terroir of the vineyards. A beautiful reception courtyard is situated between the old and new buildings, displaying a fountain sculpture and planted tree, forming the new central point in the structure of the building.

    Culture & Attractions
    Outdoor Pool (Lido) at Lake Caldaro
    Kaltern an der Weinstraße/Caldaro sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    It was decided at Lake Caldaro/Kaltern, the warmest lake in the Alps, to create an outdoor swimming pool with an unusual bathing complex instead of a season-lengthening indoor pool. The architect took advantage of the downslope to the lake, leading the swimmer from the entrance between airy pavilions, with wide-spread winged roofs made of steel for shade, past the bistro, to a wooden-planked terrace reminiscent of a ship's deck. Here the swimming pools lie on an underlying free surface with rain room and whirlpool complex, which serves as a shady area in the summer. From here, swimmers in the overlying basin can be seen from below through circles of glass. The entire complex looks like a refined moving concrete sculpture that seems to float above the lawn in front of the lake.

    Forts & Castles
    Happacherhof
    Auer/Ora, The South Tyrolean Wine Road
    The buildings of the "Happacherhof" estate can be dated back to 1604. Originally, the estate consisted of two farmsteads belonging to two different families. One of them was the Happacher family; for several generations, the mayors of the municipality of Auer/Ora came from this family. In 1911, the Theodor Steinkeller acquired the estate. His family was employed in the fruit trade and supplied the Habsburger monarchy from Bolzano/Bozen. Due to the Great Depression of the 1920s and 30s, the family was unable to keep the estate. In 1938, the farmstead was put up for auction and bought by the "Ente di Rinascita," an organization that focused on buying farms in South Tyrol and making them available to interested Italian investors. It sold the estate to the Rovereto-based Botta family. A family supervisor ran the farm, but the family did not invest in its maintenance. In February 1984, the farm was purchased by the provincial administration for use as a "practice farm for the secondary school for agriculture" and named "Happacherhof" after the original owner family. Today, it is an important place for students of agriculture to practice their trade. The extensive restoration
    Culture & Attractions
    Lanserhaus
    Eppan an der Weinstaße/Appiano sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The conversion of a formerly rustic residence near the center of the village into a modern cultural center was successful thanks to careful consideration and a soft touch as regards the historical side to the building. Visible from the outside, a new entrance with a foyer in a contemporary joining building was nevertheless added on, which is elegantly inserted next to the large old building with its steel and glass construction. A beautiful, peaceful inner courtyard was created through this merging of the buildings, which can also be used for open-air events. Inside the building modern details have been carefully connected to what was already there; the white color scheme throughout, in combination with the natural colors of the wooden materials, stone and stainless steel creates a calm background for a diverse range of events.

    Culture & Attractions
    Seehotel Ambach
    Kaltern an der Weinstraße/Caldaro sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Architect Othmar Barth has created a pioneering South Tyrolean hotel architecture by this building, proving that in South Tyrol modern regional architecture in its own right is possible, and that it doesn't necessarily have to refer to Alpine decoration. The refined, undulating building is nestled on the edge of the Caldaro vineyards and appears, though freestanding, to be integrated into the landscape, breathing the spirit of the place. The structure is slightly removed from the shore of the lake, and its restaurant, terraces and the shaded loggias of the rooms afford clear views of the meadows, even as far as the reeds on the glittering surface of the lake. Simple materials such as copper, wood, stone and plastered masonry add to the successful scale of the building; they also determine the interior and lend the hotel a sense of timelessness.

    Culture & Attractions
    Tramin Winery
    Tramin an der Weinstraße/Termeno sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Business carried on as usual during the building and conversion work, which succeeded in transforming the high expectations placed on wine production into an architectural form. A symbol of urban development was simultaneously designed as part of the entranceway. Sections of the pre-existing building were flanked by the wings of the new buildings, making for an impressive welcome at the winery. This means that the delivery area and customer reception are completely separated by a story. The architecture of the new buildings seems to have grown out of the vineyard landscape − the design of the facade, with its steel construction and glass surfaces takes the form of the vineyards in a symbolic connection between the sloping vineyards and the winery. Inside is a light, spacious area constructed from wood and glass, while in the cellar bright colors have been employed.

    Forts & Castles
    "Alte Landstraße 13"
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road
    Structure built on L-shaped plan consisting of two wings. The residential building to the north, facing the
    road, dates from the Middle Ages as indicated by regular stone layers and corner blocks. It is topped by
    a late-medieval extension that is linked to the core building under a single gable roof. The upper floor
    features Renaissance fixtures: a panelled room with coffered ceiling, dentil friezes and a wall closet
    dating from 1628. Immediately to the northeast is a round-arched entrance to the courtyard.
    The south-facing wing has a passage with vaulting cells at ground level; an outside staircase in the
    courtyard runs round a corner to the first floor. Topped with hip roof.
    Culture & Attractions
    High School of Agriculture, Baumgarten Manor
    Auer/Ora, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Baumgarten Manor was a grand estate with several buildings dating from the thirteenth century, which underwent a number of structural modifications. For renovation and remodeling for repurposing, the existing heritage-listed structure was to be preserved and modern features adjoined where needed. A three-story block was added in order to connect the individual tracts. All new components were designed as steel-and-glass structures so that they would stand out clearly from the solid, plastered original building, without being pushed to the forefront intrusively. The inner courtyard was paved, trees were planted and an illuminated guide line to the entrances was embedded into the ground. It continues at the main entrance as a gully. This guide line recurs in the interior corridors, its careful use of color conveying an atmosphere that is almost artistic.

    Culture & Attractions
    Hofstätter Winery
    Tramin an der Weinstraße/Termeno sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The sedate building on the village square, next to the church, is the headquarters of the winery, the barrel storage and technical rooms were extended into the space between the Gothic church tower and the old building. In order to save space, they decided on a wood-planked tower. Its wide, overhanging flat roof incorporates the first cornice of the church tower, just a few meters away, and the height of the old building’s eaves. The winery tower is thus well integrated. Because wood was chosen as the material and it has a similarly warm tone to the sandstone of the church tower, the two towers do not compete with one another. The strip of windows in the meeting space under the roof of the tower makes reference to the Gothic truss frame of the church tower. The barrel cellar is a structure with concrete supports, fitted with exposed bricks. Both the cellar and the stairwell are pervaded with artistically defined color schemes.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church St. Valentin
    Tramin an der Weinstraße/Termeno sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Church near the graveyard. If you like to visit the church, you get the key in the Tourist Office - we need a deposit.

    Culture & Attractions
    Schreckbichl Winery
    Eppan an der Weinstaße/Appiano sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    This cooperative winery was founded in 1960, and today its 290 members work more than 300 hectares of vineyards. The industrial buildings in which the winery was located on the outskirts of Cornaiano/Girlan, no longer matched the quality of the wines and its associated image. So the first step of remodeling the commercial building was to give it an attractive wood façade, with vertical oak floorboards and deep reveals with steel sheets for the necessary openings. A second construction phase implemented a visually light, steel structure as a roof for the delivery area, under which all-new winemaking equipment was installed. In addition, the tasting room was refurbished. Since the hillside winery is visible from afar, a steel trellis was placed on the street level of the buildings as an entryway, and the road was planted with cypresses to create an avenue.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church "Maria Himmelfahrt" (Mary’s ascension) by Terlan
    Terlan/Terlano, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Parish church "Maria Himmelfahrt" (Mary´s ascension) by Terlan is a building from the High Gothic Period of the 14th Century. The altar room and the choir chairs are the oldest part of the building.
    Catholic services: Sat. 7 pm (every 2nd and 4th saturday of the month) and Sun. 8.45 am (every 1st, 3rd and 5th Sunday of the month) in German and every Sunday 10.15 am in Italian.

    Forts & Castles
    Ruin Leuchtenburg
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Although it is not really in the area of the municipality of Kaltern, the ruin Leuchtenburg, which can be reached through a nice walk, belongs to Kaltern's skyline. Built in 1250 by the lords of Rottenburg, it was protected by its location and by an imposing wall. Many castles of the Rottenburgers were honed after their conflict with Duke Friedrich IV of Tyrol in 1410, but the Leuchtenburg passed into the possession of the landlord, who gave it to the respective mainmen of Caldaro. For a long time the Leuchtenburg was also the seat of the judge of Kaltern. In the 17th century the ruin ceased to be used, it was abandoned. Parts of the wall and the palace with frescoes from the 15th century are still well preserved. Always worth seeing: The beautiful view of lake Kaltern from above, the South Tyrolean wine road and the Adige Valley. Perfect location for a picknick.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church Hl. Mauritius in Sella
    Tramin an der Weinstraße/Termeno sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    To the north of Rechtenthal Castle lies the hamlet Söll whose church is dedicatet to St. Mauritius. The steeple with its paired round arch windows and its brick-built pyramidal roof dates back as far as the 13th century, whereas the church nave and décor are basically realized in Gothic style. Of particular interest is a fresco, unfortunately seriously damaged, depicting the church's patron saint in a cavalry battle. The same patron also features as the central charakter in the winged altarpiece. When leaving the church, you will notice an inscription on the outer wall, just above the small rectangular window. Written in Gothic minuscules it tells that the south annex of the sacred building was wewcted later, in 1470. Just below the church you can see a building that is architecturally very interesting. Its structure is well-proportioned and the elegant wrought iron window grilles aforning the upper floor bear witness of the centuries-old craftsmanship that was at work here. A little further uphill from the church another architectual gem is hiding: here you will come across a group of two or three picturesque old farmhouses, and on the archway of one of these you can still read the initials of one of its formers owners who perpetuated his name back in 1684.

    The left nave is Romanesque. The high altar was built around 1520. The left side nave is Gothic. The altar there contains picture panels of Adam and Eve, probably from Bartlmä Dill Riemenschneider.

    Culture & Attractions
    Kaltern Winery: wine center
    Kaltern an der Weinstraße/Caldaro sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Strictly speaking, Kaltern Winery was built for 420 clients: winemakers, usually with very small acreage, who joined in a cooperative. In order to strengthen the mobile perception of the winery, a striking building was built in front of the village center, between the old winery building and the South Tyrolean Wine Road. The angular complex around the quiet inner courtyard forms a memorable landmark, together with the tower-like corner building. Large, flush glass areas are set into the bronzed façade cladding, in which the environment appears as in a distorting mirror. As you cross the courtyard you walk into an open interior structure that affords fascinating views from several levels. The materials are limited to glass, white wall surfaces and dark acacia wood. Wine is the star of the show here, accompanied by a sophisticated yet simple art concept.

    Culture & Attractions
    Garden Pavilion: le verre capricieux
    Tramin an der Weinstraße/Termeno sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Walch Winery is housed in a former Jesuit monastery, with neighboring buildings. For the reception and tasting areas, a garden pavilion was planned at what was likely the most difficult spot in the park: it was built at the top of the junction in the village street that runs down from the town hall square. From there, one can see only the drywall of the boundary, and a curved white roof as an “extension” of the wall covering. Through three slots in the masonry, one can see the park with its huge trees. But one also sees the floor-to-ceiling glass facade of the elegant pavilions under the overhanging roof edge in the garden courtyard, contained by the wall. In the narrow interior space, wooden fixtures with a breakfast bar and a curtain wall are located in front of the side rooms. On it, the bottles are exhibited horizontally. An inviting ensemble with service in the park.

    Culture & Attractions
    Goldener Stern Hotel
    Kaltern an der Weinstraße/Caldaro sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    In the center of the village, only a stone's throw from the market place, stands one of the wine village’s oldest houses, which has housed a hotel since 1742. In the back, the plot of land stretches up the mountainside and borders orchards and vineyards. At the highest point a wooden pavilion with large glass fronting stands on the roof of the new underground garage, built to be a wellness temple. The sauna provides an excellent view over Caldaro/Kaltern and into the Überetsch. The transition from the necessarily closed, dark rooms out into the garden is smooth, illuminated as it is by light shafts. An outdoors pool with a terrace is adjoined in such a way that the passages over into the vineyards seems self-evident. The old building is tastefully renovated; the old contrasts the new in the reception area, bar, wine cellar and bedrooms, all of which have an individual character to them.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Former Parish Church of St. Peter
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road
    North tower with 13th

    -century bell-tower, set deep in the ground owing to flooding by the Schwarzenbach stream, dating back to
    a Romanesque predecessor that itself replaced a medieval building. Work on the present-day nave began with the late-Gothic
    choir polygon in 1475: the master builder was Peter von Ursel from Tramin. The nave was completed in 1526 under Hans Lutz of

    Schussenried. The presbytery façade features sandstone corner blocks, triangular pilaster strips and decorated joints. The three-
    bay nave is also divided by triangular pilaster strips. There is a monumental fresco of St. Christopher dating from 1516 on the

    western façade. The porch, in Renaissance style, dates back to Pastor Josef a Porta from the year 1604.
    Inside the church is an early-Baroque high altar from 1621 with an altarpiece by Theophil Polack. The side altar holds a high
    altarpiece by Franz Sebald Unterberger that was once in the former Chapel of St. Barbara at Castelfeder. Of rarity value are the
    iron tabernacle from 1609 and the Schwarzenbach organ from 1599, the oldest in South Tyrol.
    Culture & Attractions
    Lageder Winery
    Margreid an der Weinstraße/Magrè sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Lageder Winery is located in the center of the wine village Magrè/Margreid and next to the historical Löwengang Manor. The design concept focused on the optimal integration of the building, the sustainable use of nature as well as biological architectural, ecological, and artistic criteria. Plastered masonry, wood and glass under a protective roof with solar panels, a thermally regulated glass hall and cooling through the moist rock wall were all made into building elements. The circular cellar tower is the building’s center, and its vertical curve represents the gentle “vertical principle” of vinification: the grapes are delivered and de-stemmed under the freestanding roof; then they are pressed and fermented one floor below; the steel barrels and bottling plant, meanwhile, are located at the lowest level. The oak barrels are situated in the adjacent old building. At the level of the delivery, there are offices around an interior glass hall.

    Forts & Castles
    Gasthof Rose
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road
    Historic inn on the northeast side of the main square, formerly also known as the Gasthof Post as horses
    would be changed here. In its present form the three-storey Renaissance building dates back to the

    early 16th century, as indicated by the outside staircase, double-arched window with rosettes, stone-
    framed rectangular windows and stucco ceilings.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Daniel
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Belonging to the Danielhof estate, the scenically located church once belonged to the Benedictine Sonnenburg Abbey in the Puster Valley. The present structure has lancet-arch windows on the south wall and choir screens that probably date from the 14th century. In the early 15th century came fan and ribbed vaulting above wall pilasters, subsequently decorated with mural paintings. The north wall features scenes from the story of St. Daniel (including Daniel in the lion’s den), donated in 1444 by a Bozen customs official. On the north wall of the nave appear Saint Catherine and consecration crosses with the hand of blessing.

    The late-Gothic winged altar from 1525 is an art-historical gem. The predella relief shows the Lamentation of Christ with, to the sides, Catharine and Barbara, Margaret and Dorothy. The central shrine shows the Madonna with Child and the Saints Daniel and Chrysanthus, with Peter and Paul in bas-relief on the inner wings. When closed, the wings show the guardians of the shrine, George and Florian, as well as scenes from the life of the church’s patron saint. Restoration work was carried out in 1991 and 2012-13.

    Forts & Castles
    "Stielerhof"
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    From a medieval core, remodelled in the 17th century during the Renaissance, a pointed-arch courtyard gate with stone surround and family crest leads onto the street. The stone archway features the letter "A" with an arrow as a bar. Above the front door is a coat of arms in stone consisting of three wavelike curving lines and the initials "L.H.". The ribbed vault and shouldered-arch doors date from 1500; the stone-framed rectangular and double-arched windows, as well as a bay on the façade, are from the 17th century.

    Culture & Attractions
    Gardenweg Housing Development
    Kaltern an der Weinstraße/Caldaro sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The architects have succeeded in creating an exemplary alternative in this modern housing development: in addition to fixed adjacent row houses, they formed eight freestanding houses into a village-like group of homes, which have beautiful garden areas and are nicely integrated into the hillside. The individual structures are in fact connected to one another through the lower levels, but appear to be scattered, being lightly twisted along the wide pedestrian development, which is at the same time a play street above the underlying parking garage. The buildings are classical, with various types of houses again and again − plastered masonry with well-designed perforated facades, deep loggias and subtle colors. The housing group was developed jointly by the architects of the owners’ association, and received the 2011 South Tyrolean Architecture Award.

    Distillery
    Distillery Villa Laviosa
    Terlan/Terlano, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The world of grappa, spirits and liqueurs is a long tradition of the distillery Villa Laviosa.

    A guided tasting is possible on request, only with advance registration and a minimum of 4 participants. Otherwise you can go shopping in the shop or try a few products.

     

     

    Culture & Attractions
    Manincor Winery
    Kaltern an der Weinstraße/Caldaro sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Between Caldaro/Kaltern and the lake lies a vineyard landscape with beautiful residences, including Manicor’s Renaissance structure. Because its new wine cellar, with a cubic capacity of 30,000 cubic meters, would have severely intruded upon this landscape, it was built underground. Only the wooden sales pavilion was added to the previously existing ensemble. The cellar appears only through the entrances and the glass “eye” of the tasting room, which affords views across to Leuchtenburg Castle. Rows of vines further cover the underground facility. A carefully formed concrete construction with building elements made of Corten steel was placed between sprayed concrete walls in the tempered ground. In this way a uniform climate for sustainable architecture has been ensured, which focuses on the gentle processing of grapes according to the tenets of biodynamic viticulture.

    Churches & Monasteries
    St. Anthony Church in Settequerce
    Terlan/Terlano, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    This small and cosy chapel was built in 1702 by order of the Commander Johann Jakob Count Thun. It was the second chapel, after the one in Klobenstein that was devoted to the Saint who was greatly revered by him. It is also the crowning conclusion of his building activities carried out at the manor of the Teutonic Order in Siebeneich which began in 1664. The altar with two columns and statues of St. John and St. Jacob, who are the patron saints of the Commander, is credited to the sculptor Cristoforo Benedetti from Castione.

    Culture & Attractions
    Terlano Winery
    Terlan/Terlano, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The old building of the Cantina Terlano is situated in the middle of the village. It managed to cautiously expand, mainly underground, as the plot of land it sits upon is quite small. Visible above ground are the large delivery yard and the terrace above it, with the transparent tasting room. The underlying outer wall of the new cellar rooms is clad in dry stone work made from the typical porphyritic rock found in the Terlano vineyards, and the remaining underground construction is planted over with vines in order to help the new sections of building blend into the landscape. The heart of the new cellar rooms is the barrel cellar, decorated in porphyritic rock panels, which create an almost sacred atmosphere. The original parts of the building were carefully restored and a landmark tower, clad in Corten steel, and lift were added.

    Culture & Attractions
    Kobler Wine Room
    Margreid an der Weinstraße/Magrè sulla Strada del Vino, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The vintner took over his father's 1980s estate, and built a modern tasting space in the stolid old building. The simple insertion is a piece pulled out of the facade, a covered terrace, and can be opened with a retractable glass wall. The refined and ingenious design, perfect down to the last groove, is revealed only when one comes closer. It is completely white, uncompromising paired with the wine, which plays the starring role here. The white tasting table can be adjusted upwards, so that the wine can be tasted while standing, as if at a bar. The entire back wall area is used for projections. A specially designed lighting concept completes the presentation of wines to great effect. All of the service components required for the tastings are stored in a bar niche.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church Saint Joseph in Vilpian
    Terlan/Terlano, The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Old Joseph's Church

    The old, small church was constructed in 1639 and dedicated to Saint Joseph. The tower was only added in 1865. This church is one of the oldest churches in Tyrol dedicated to Saint Joseph. The interior is arranged like a Capuchin church. The church was extended in 1845.
    The church is not open for visitors.

    Parish Church Saint Joseph the Worker

    Because the old church became too small for the population in Vilpian in 1900, the community planned to build a new church. Due to the difficult financial situation and World War II, the construction of the new church only began in 1949; the bare brickwork was concluded in 1950, and finally in 1955 the church was consecrated. It is a modern, austere sacred building. Over the main altar, there is a life-size crucifix dating from the 17th century. It is an item on loan from the Meran Civic Theatre and is the most important piece of art in the church. The renowned painter Franz Lenhart from Meran painted the two adoring angels on the façade and the monogram of Jesus above the round window over the entry. The bell tower was not realized at the beginning, due to financial reasons. Only in October 1996, was the new tower constructed within a short period of time.

    Catholic services: Sat. 7 pm (every 1st, 3rd and 5th saturday), Sun. 10.45 am (every 2nd and 4th)

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8