Přeskočit na obsah
přidáno k oblíbeným
odebráno z oblíbených
Jejda! Došlo k problému, zkuste to prosím znovu
Vytváří se váš účet
Váš účet byl úspěšně vytvořen a nyní jste přihlášeni
Jste odhlášeni
Filtr
Vybrané filtry
    Úroveň obtížnosti
    Doba trvání
    Vzdálenost v km

    Kultur & Sehenswürdigkeiten in Bozen und Umgebung

    Výsledky
    Culture & Attractions
    Leifers Town Hall
    Laives/Leifers, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The town hall and neighboring extension of the church were conceived for a town building competition focused on restructuring the town center. The town hall is distinctly recognizable, with its tower and spacious square in front − identifiable features of the public building. The angular building has a north facing glass facade in front of which stands a row of pillars. These support the large overhang of the roof and are as high as the four-story building. The stone materials used for covering the facade were sourced locally from Europe's largest porphyritic stone deposit in Bolzano. Dark metal constructions for the window frames and exposed copper for the roof complete the selection of materials. Behind the main entrance the visitor is welcomed into a three-story high spacious atrium, which leads onto light rooms without a hint of claustrophobia.

    Culture & Attractions
    Luigi Einaudi Province Vocational School
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    This vocational school underneath Mount Virgl in Haslach was created through a competition in 1975. The compact building complex comprises four units: the three-part office and classroom wing, the two wings of the workshops, the auditorium and the gym. The concrete construction with exposed brick infill forms a very sustainable structure for which an expansion program was developed in the 1990s, which led to the addition of another story onto the previously built three-story class and office building. On the ground floor a meeting room for 150 people was built, with foyer and control room. At the same time, the technical infrastructure – heating, sanitary facilities, water treatment system with solar collectors – was renovated and upgraded. The addition of the new story matches the existing building structure, but is clearly recognizable as an extension.

    Culture & Attractions
    Museion and Bridge
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Museion and its bridge link the old Austrian and the new Italian neighborhoods of the city, creating a built connection to a new era opposite the divisive Fascist architecture of the victory monument. The stylistic idiom of the mostly closed building, wrapped in its aluminum armor and with its far-reaching right angles, opens onto both parts of the city with its glassed narrow sides, encouraging one to enter. These glass facades are transformed into projection screens in the urban setting when darkness falls. The purely white architecture takes over the clear rooms inside, without dominating: a function to serve diverse exhibitions. The two swaying parts of the bridge over the Talvera/Talfer River form part of the museum’s concept: they symbolize the crossover of the two cultures that coexist here.

    Culture & Attractions
    Hannah Arendt Vocational School
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Behind the monastery garden rises the light facade of the Kapuzin Monastery, next to which the disguised new school building built in a grey sandstone sits unnoticed. A section of wall was added onto the old east-facing facade, behind which there is a corridor with classrooms that look onto the intimate monastery courtyard. The majority of the rooms had to be built underground due to the extremely limited space available. Illumination in these rooms has been created through skylights in the garden and sophisticated guided shafts of light. This directed lighting removes any trace of a cellar-like feeling, and allows for a highly concentrated learning environment. An elegant set of steel steps leads from the entrance hall to all of the floors; all of the corridors are colorfully decorated. An aesthetic symbiosis between the old and the new has been found for this place of teaching and learning.

    Culture & Attractions
    Semirurali Residential Complex
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Under Mussolini in the 1930s, Italian factory workers were settled in a garden city called the Semirurali. These very simple houses with gardens for self-sufficiency were demolished in the postwar period, and replaced by modern residential buildings. The new complex tried not to distribute and make freely accessible the individual residential buildings around the property but rather to plan squares and streets in accordance with the existing “rules of urban design.” In the spaces between, contiguous rows of buildings were built. They border the streets and squares, as was common in the cities before the relaxed construction of modern times gave up these norms. In spite of the row construction, the buildings stand out as individual homes because of the arrangement of loggias and glass coverings as the color scheme, and thereby convey a feeling of identity.

     

    Culture & Attractions
    Salewa Headquarters
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Anyone who approaches Bolzano/Bozen from the south along the A22 will see the Salewa building, to the right of the highway, a modern gateway to the city. Three office towers, with four, seven and twelve floors respectively, are set in a urban dialogue one with the other and with the surrounding mountain landscape. Through the freely formed designs as well as the facades of dark glass and gray aluminum, the building mass retreats and yet, at the same time, matches the colors of the mountain. In the seemingly unusually shaped building volumes made of a reinforced concrete structure with curtained glass and/or metal facades, South Tyrol’s largest climbing gym is housed in addition to the company warehouse and administrative offices. This structure adjoins a small recreational park with a garden area and a restaurant, which matches Salewa’s sporting goods production nicely.

     

    Culture & Attractions
    Residential Block EA7 Casanova
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Based on the urban concept of Dutch architect Frits van Dongen, this group of buildings nettled between orchards and vineyards was developed with farmsteads and castles in mind. In keeping with the “Living in the Park” concept, the three separate buildings comprising the polygonal residential block are centered around a spacious courtyard. Large free-form entrances connect it to the underground garage and form the well-lit main entrance to the complex. Sophisticated architectural design was created in order to conform to the restrictive guidelines for the sponsored residential complex. Four layout designs and three different window shapes were employed in creating flats for 92 families, all designed slightly differently. The exteriors are of a rough, beige concrete while the smooth, white-varnished facades of the courtyard optimize the open space of the private courtyard.

    Culture & Attractions
    Sigmundskron Castle
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Sigmundskron is a symbol found in South Tyrol's early history. It was first mentioned in 945 and was built into a fortress in 1473 by Duke Sigmund. In 1996 the ruins were taken over by the Autonomous Province of Bolzano-Bozen and in 2003 they were handed over to Reinhold Messner to be transformed into the Messner Mountain Museum. The preservation of the character and protection of the ruins was the main concern during the conversion building works. The steel constructions which were developed for this purpose were positioned at a distance with as few contact points as possible with the outer stone walls and the interior of the towers and rooms, so that these seemingly light architectural elements can be removed at any time. The design of these sections of the building has been kept as simple as possible, and they are clearly set apart from the historical parts of the building. This allows for a distinct demarcation of the old and the new.

    Culture & Attractions
    Province Vocational School in Bolzano
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Urban planning considerations led to three parallel, elongated wings of varying heights, the two-story covered entrance which is situated on Lazzeriniplatz Square. Its use of the same materials: exposed concrete, steel and glass throughout, and consistent design, convey an architectonically heterogeneous environment of tranquility and space. From the entrance you walk into a spacious, light-flooded hall between the first and second wings, which reaches all of the floors. Underneath there is the sports hall, with stair towers at the ends. The glazed steel bridges, designed by Heimo Zobernig, allow for open access to the third wing and to the break area of the roof terrace.

    Culture & Attractions
    EURAC European Academy
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The Fascist Youth GIL Buildings emerged in Merano/Meran, Bressanone/Brixen and Bolzano/Bozen in the 1930s according to designs by the architects Miozzo and Mansutti. Although in need of renovation, only the Bressanone structure has retained its original form. In Bolzano one of the most important buildings of Fascist Italy's rationalism period, a structure that had already been dilapidated, has been successfully repurposed. It was renovated and expanded through a competition. The fact that an Austrian architect achieved this, shows the overlap of cultures in Bolzano. The renovated, heritage-listed old building sections, painted in Tuscany red, were contrasted with a transparent building of glass and steel on a lightweight concrete structure, which also redefined the urban context with a vestibule, garden café and garden courtyard. The design of the interior spaces is just as light as that of the external appearance.

    Culture & Attractions
    Outdoor Pool (Lido) in Bolzano
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The contemporary longing for nature and sports in the city influenced the thinking of the Fascist municipal government of Bolzano/Bozen and, as a result, had an outdoor swimming complex built on the banks of the Isarco/Eisack River. From a horticultural viewpoint, the site was designed as a striking landscape architecture within the urban area. The buildings show the influence of the Italian rationalist thought of those years, oriented towards the Bauhaus. Clear functionality and a design that is both reduced and concentrated on the essential, avoided Fascist monumentality of any kind. The plastered entrance building with its sweeping terrace section shows expressive motifs that do not deny the influence of the Gmunden outdoor pool by Franz Gessner, a student of Otto Wagner's. Although this architecture seemed strange to the South Tyroleans of the day, it is nevertheless of lasting quality.

    Culture & Attractions
    Province Building 2
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    In terms of design, responding to Angiolo Mazzoni's imposing train station building (1928), on the opposite side of the street, was no easy task. This has been achieved to the point that the new building, like the train station, goes beyond architecture and is now an urban structure. Its undulated form, which is divided into individual houses, is determined by the surrounding urban spaces: by the semicircular station square on the front, by the rectangular Magnagoplatz, and by the Laurin- and Rittner Straße at the rear. The building itself is crossed by three radial passageways from the station square and has two inner courtyards. The facades on the ground and mezzanine floors are clad in white marble, the four upper floors in reddish porphyry. The interior spaces of the building are well illuminated; the design of the office departments is varied.

    Culture & Attractions
    Claudiana Province Technical College
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The Province Technical College for the Health Professions was built in close proximity to Bolzano Hospital. The two-story reinforced concrete structure, surrounded by a glass facade, towers on an L-shaped plan. With steel supports for the balconies in front of the facade and the broad, cantilevered canopy construction, which goes around the whole building. The structure is light, almost floating, an interesting contrast to the monumental staircases built in front. The interior design, with floors made of pale natural stone, partition walls made from maple, glass and aluminum as well as its warm colors, lend Claudiana Province Technical College a pleasant atmosphere. There is a broad, square tiled plaza in front of the building, which conveys a very spacious feel.

     

    Culture & Attractions
    Victory Monument
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    It was Mussolini’s idea to establish a memorial to the fallen soldiers of the First World War on the site where a monument to the Kaiserjäger had already been commenced. A collection of donations throughout the whole of Italy financed the new monument. However, the architect designed a victory monument in the style of Roman triumphal arches as apologia for the conquest-hungry fascists with its insignia and an inscription, which refers to the martial tradition of the Roman Empire. It was seen as a grave insult to German-speaking South Tyroleans. After lengthy negotiations between the province of South Tyrol and the Italian cultural ministry, the high-fenced-in monument opened, in the catacombs of the building, a permanent exhibition in 2014 about events that unfolded under two dictatorships from 1918-1945, in order to improve understanding and communication.

    Culture & Attractions
    Rosmini School, Cafeteria and Gym
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Loffererhof Farm and its greenhouses, located behind the old Gries church, were demolished shortly after 1900, and the elementary school and kindergarten were built in 1908. The school was renovated in 1998. A gymnasium was added to this building group in 2002, an independent fourth building that encloses the intermediate schoolyard space. The transparent construction, a steel-and-glass structure, is reminiscent of the Orangerie that was formerly located here. The ball-proof suspended construction of the glass façade makes the building appear transparent and affords views of the old chestnut tree. The cafeteria, a final addition, was completed in 2008, inserted into the narrow space between the street and the old school building underground with a skylight in such a way that the historical building still appears detached.

    Culture & Attractions
    Landhaus 11
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The rather unattractive post office of the 1950s was converted into a passive house to be used as an administration building. The addition of two more stories improved its size, also in relation to the surrounding area. Next to the elegant station tower, the stairwell of this old building no longer fit in and was covered with solar panel elements during the conversion. The bulky body of the building was brought to life through various window designs, which allow for an interplay of shadow and light. The 3% extra costs spent on energy-saving technology for the building has paid itself within five years: this gold low-energy house only costs 45 euro per worker on heating, as opposed to the 270 euro buildings in category C pay. This is, in fact, the first office block in Italy that meets passive house standards. The interior, with its wide corridors for special uses, is light and friendly, using only the simplest materials.

    Churches & Monasteries
    San Cipriano Church
    Sarntal/Sarentino, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The first documentary mention of the St. Cyprian Chapel in Sarnthein / Sarentino Village was in the year 1328. In the middle of the 15th century, the church was rebuilt in the Gothic style. The well-preserved frescoes are a special treat.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parrocchiale dell'Assunta
    Sarntal/Sarentino, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The Mary's Ascension into Heaven Parish Church is located in Sarnthein / Sarentino Village. The church was first mentioned in documents dating back to 1309. The church tower is the oldest part, having been built in the 14th century. Other parts of the church were added or expanded over the years.

    Culture & Attractions
    Bolzano Chamber of Commerce
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    At the southern entrance to the Old City, this building creates a three dimensional town with a city gate, pathways and open spaces which connect the various business areas internally as well as vertically. The large glass surfaces of the otherwise smooth and forbidding aluminum and glass facade create an individual setting for the way into the city of Bolzano – the openness and exclusivity of commercial activities are recorded here. The corner building marks clearly the city's border; all that is missing is an adjoining building to complete this effect. The interior spaces are of an ideal temperature, using very little energy altogether. A closed office atmosphere is avoided by the transparency of the succession of rooms created by elegant glass walls and light corridors; teamwork is encouraged and the visitor is openly welcomed.

    Places to See
    Ancient larch tree on the Salto high plateau
    Jenesien/San Genesio Atesino, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    In San Genesio at 1,435 m asl, located on the „Malgorer“ Salto, there ist the most ancient larch tree of the Salto high plateau.

    Its age cannot be exactly determined.

    This ancient larch tree is an an aesthetic feature in the middle of the wide larch groves on the Salto.

    The lowest strongest branches form a candelabra shape. The tree crown could develop freely upward due to the lack of competition.

    The once splendid tree has suffered damage due to the snow pressure in the winter of 2008/2009, numerous branches were pressed down and broken.

    Height of the tree: 24m

    Diameter: 2,03m

    Circumference: 6,40m

    Locality: Montoppio

    Sea level: 1435 m

    Museums
    Haflinger horse museum
    Jenesien/San Genesio Atesino, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    In the museum you will find a large exhibition of historical working equipment and instruments used by our farmers. Furthermore it represents the traditional life and function of the Southtyrolean farmers. 

    Exhibition theme: antique equipments, instruments used by farmers in South Tyrol 

    Place: San Genesio

    Free entry with donation

    Info: tourist office San Genesio, Tel. +39 0471 354196 or directly by Mr. Erich Egger Tel. +39 331 624 1968

     

    Forts & Castles
    Tower at the Steifler court
    Jenesien/San Genesio Atesino, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    In the tower next to the Steifler court were payed the taxes in form of natural materials. During the 17th century some of these taxes was changed in money. Today it's possible to visit this old tower from the outside. 

    Places to See
    The earth pyramids in Montoppio/Nobls
    Jenesien/San Genesio Atesino, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Formations from the last ice age The earth pyramids are geological formations from the last ice age. Since then the red clayey ground slides away from the meadows and the forests and give life to the earth pyramids. The 'Margarethenbach' (a stream) originates here and flows into the Etschtal towards Siebeneich.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Tower of the old Magdalena church
    Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The tower of the old Magdalena church is situated in Vadena/Pfatten. First the tower was part of the old parish church, but its position was near the river Adige/Etsch which was often afloat. The church was destroyed in 1794 and the tower is the only thing left of it.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Santo Sepolcro Church
    Bolzano/Bozen and environs
    The Santo Sepolcro Church also known as the Church of Calvary, can be reached in about 20 minutes following the forest path that starts from via Santa Geltrude or from the road that goes up from via Piè di Virgolo. A handful of minutes, following the via crucis, and here we are, immersed in the forest. From here you can enjoy a wonderful panoramic view over Bolzano and the Sciliar plateau.

    The church, built between 1683 and 1684, has been for centuries a place of pilgrimage. On the right, looking at the entrance of the church, there is a chapel that contains the fountain with Christ. In past times couples used to do small fertility rites to become a child. The elders of Virgolo still remember a popular belief who said that children came into the world under the fountain of the chapel and weren't brought by the stork.

    The church has been restored in recent times, but the countless love-graffiti are safe. Pilgrims and lovers engraved the walls of the sepulchre with love messages from the 18th century up to our days and it is a real emotion to read those messages that overlap over the centuries and tell the story of hundreds of people through a heart, a flower, a name, a date or a promise of love.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Capuchin Church
    Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The church has been dedicated to Saint Anthony of Padua and was built aorund 1600 on the same spot where one stood the Wendelstein Castle of the Counts of Tirol. A majestic column by Felice Brusasorci (1600) rises above the main altar, showing an example of mannerism in the Capels of Saint Mary, Saint Sebastian and Saint John in the lateral chapel.

    Places to See
    Monument to Peter Mayr
    Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Built following Georg von Hauberrisser's Project, from Munich. Mayr, head of the Schützen, a traditional unit of infantrymen, and firm believer in the rebellion against the French domain, was shot by the French on the 20th February 1810.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Old parish church in Gries
    Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    A little further north of piazza Gries stands the old parish church of Gries located in the middle of an antique cemetery. It is a late Gothic building, dating back to the early 1400, and hosts two stunning treasures: the altar of Michael Pacher (1471-75) and the Romanesque wooden crucifix of 1200. The first one is undoubtedly a masterpiece of Gothic art of the wooden altars with casket and hatch remaining today, while the second one, which probably in relation to north French sculpture is believed to be of foreign origin, is considered of great relevance.

    The church stands in an area which was inhabited ever since Roman times. It was called "Keller", or "Chellare" (cellar), and later named "Gries", or sand. Until 1908 the wine farm of Bishop of Frisinga in Baviera stood next to the church.

    Other producers
    Butcher's shop Schrott
    Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Butcher's shop Schrott has been operating for more than 40 years and you will not find just high quality meat there. Dumplings, lasagna, schlutzkrapfen, sauces, side dishes and much more are waiting to be tested.

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7
      image
      Summer
      Uphill Seespitz
      Meran and environs
      Starting point: Töll Etschbrücke (525 m) End point: Gasthaus …
      44 km total slope
      7 lifts
      Highest point: 2,505 m