The sweetness of homemade jam, at odds with the name (Spitzbub = scoundrel), adds a touch of summer.
- Preparation time: 01:00 h.
- Persons: 6
- 150 g butter
- 125 g sugar
- 5 g vanilla sugar
- 1/2 pinch lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 300 g flour
- 1/2 packet baking powder
- apricot jam for brushing
- icing sugar for dusting
Line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream the softened butter; add sugar, and stir until smooth.
- Add in vanilla sugar, lemon zest and salt.
- Stir in the eggs; sift the flour and baking powder together and add. Knead into dough.
- Cover and let rest in a cool place for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 5 mm. Cut rings out of one half of the dough and rounds out of the other half. Bake in the preheated oven.
- Spread jam onto the rounds.
- Sprinkle the rings with icing sugar and place them on top of the rounds.
Baking temperature: 180 degrees Celsius, cooking time: about 8 minutes
A special tip:Before baking coat half of the biscuits with egg yolk and sprinkle with ground nuts. The biscuits can be decorated with a fine chocolate glaze.
Additional informationFrom the cookbook Dolci Dolomiti
Heinrich Gasteiger, Gerhard Wieser, Helmut Bachmann