Speckknödel (bread dumplings) with lettuce
You don't necessarily have to eat the Specknödel with soup. Why don't try it out with fresh salad?
- Preparation time: h.
- 80 g Speck Alto Adige, cut into small cubes
- ½ finely chopped onion
- 4 tblsp oil
- 2 tblsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tblsp chives
- freshly ground pepper
- 150 g hardened white bread
- 20 g butter
- 40 g flour
- 10 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbls parsley or chives, finely chopped
- 160 g lettuce, water cress, romaine...
- 1 red onion
Cut the white bread into small cubes. Fry the onion until glazed, mix with the bread. Add flour and Speck. Mix milk with the eggs, parsley, salt and pepper and add to bread. Let sit for 15 minutes. Make 8 dumplings and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Wash the salad and shred. Peel the red onion and cut into slices. Make a vinaigrette with salt, white wine vinegar, oil and the chives. Serve on flat dishes with the Knödel.