It isn’t Christmas without hazelnuts, and these biscuits use 100 grams of South Tyrolean nuts.
- Preparation time: 00:45 h.
- Persons: 6
- 150 g flour
- 1/2 tsp.baking powder
- 65 g butter
- 65 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch grated lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 10 g vanilla sugar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 100 g hazelnuts, chopped
- apricot jam, to spread over squares
- dark chocolate (chocolate) for dipping
Line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the flour on a work surface and mix together with sifted baking powder.
- Knead together the butter (cubed), sugar, egg, lemon zest and salt; work in the flour mixture until you have smooth dough.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- On a floured surface, roll out to a rectangular form about 5 mm in thickness.
- Place the form on a baking sheet and spread apricot jam on the top.
- Gently warm the butter, sugar, vanilla and water.
- Stir the chopped hazelnuts into the mixture and let cool slightly.
- Spread the topping evenly over the dough and bake in preheated oven.
- Let cool, and cut in small squares.
Dip the tops of the hazelnut squares into melted chocolate, place on baking paper and let dry.Baking temperature: 180 degrees Celsius, cooking time: about 30 minutes.
Additional informationFrom the cookbook Dolci Dolomiti
Heinrich Gasteiger, Gerhard Wieser, Helmut Bachmann