The individual recipes are usually secret only honey from South Tyrol is a constant.
- Preparation time: 00:45 h.
- Persons: 6
- 140 g flour
- 360 g rye flour
- 150 g almonds, grated
- 10 g baking soda
- 200 g honey
- 200 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50 g butter, melted
- 10 g vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. rum
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- milk, enough to brush onto biscuits
- whole almonds or walnuts, for decorating
Line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix together flour, rye flour, almonds and baking soda.
- Warm the honey and sugar slightly, then knead together with eggs, melted butter, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice, rum, cinnamon, ground cloves and the flour mixture until you have a dough.
- Cover and let rest in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- Knead the dough lightly and roll out to about 1 cm in thickness. Cut out biscuits however you like, and brush each with a little milk. Decorate with almonds or walnuts and bake in the preheated oven.
Baking temperature: 180 degrees Celsius, cooking time: about 6 minutes
A special tip:
- Cover the Lebkuchen with an icing sugar glaze.
- You can decorate the Lebkuchen with coloured icing, almonds, pistachios, coloured balls, etc. and use as Christmas tree decorations.
Additional informationFrom the cookbook Dolci Dolomiti
Heinrich Gasteiger, Gerhard Wieser, Helmut Bachmann