This is a collection of religious objects, documents, and books from the Russian Orthodox community that lived in Meran (Merano) and underwent cures at the health spas at the end of the 19th cen. The church dedicated to St. Nicholas the Thaumaturge, which opened in 1897, and the elegant surrounding buildings were designed by Tobias Brenner. The ensemble exists thanks to a generous bequest from the wealthy Muscovite Nadezhda Ivanovna Borodina. The 'Russkij Dom' (Russian House) in Meran was restored in the last few years and, in addition to a retirement home, now contains the library with the more than 1,300 books that remain from the Russian community. The library has recently been enriched by private donations.