Tart dark chocolate combined with fruity, fresh raspberry all nestled in a crumbly-soft croissant.
- Preparation time: 01:00 h.
- Persons: 6
- 100 g butter, room temperature
- 100 g sugar
- 10 g vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch grated lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 150 g flour
- 1/4 packet baking powder
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- raspberry jam, for filling
- dark chocolate (couverture), for dipping
Line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream the softened butter together with sugar, vanilla sugar and lemon zest.
- Beat in eggs one by one.
- With a wooden spoon, mix the flour, sifted baking powder, cocoa powder and salt into the butter and egg mixture until just incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a piping bag with a plain tip; pipe crescents onto a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven.
- Let biscuits cool, spread with raspberry jam, and attach another biscuit to each.
- Dip biscuits into melted chocolate, place on baking paper, and let dry.
Baking temperature: 180 degrees Celsius, cooking time: about 10 minutes
A special tip:Be careful not to beat butter to the point of becoming frothy: the biscuits will melt during baking.
Additional informationFrom the cookbook Dolci Dolomiti
Heinrich Gasteiger, Gerhard Wieser, Helmut Bachmann