Snow Star Biscuits
Every winter, snowflakes sparkling in the sunlight put you in the mood for an edible, sweet version.
- Preparation time: 01:00 h.
- Persons: 6
260 g butter, room temperature
100 g icing sugar
10 g vanilla sugar
1 pinch lemon zest
125 g flour
260 g corn starch
1 pinch salt
icing sugar for dusting
Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream the softened butter together with the icing sugar, vanilla sugar and lemon zest.
- With a wooden spoon, mix the flour, corn starch and salt into the butter mixture until just incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a piping bag with a star tip, squeeze out onto the baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
Baking temperature: 160 degrees Celsius
Cooking time: about 12 minutes
A special tip:
The biscuits can also be dipped into melted chocolate: place on a sheet of baking paper after dipping to let the chocolate dry.
Filled Snow Star Biscuits: For filled snow star cookies, chill the dough for at least an hour before rolling out. Roll out the dough, cut out star shapes, and bake in the preheated oven. Fill stars with raspberry jam and sprinkle with icing sugar.