These South Tyrolean pretzels pair perfectly with a South Tyrolean Goldmuskateller wine.
- Preparation time: 01:00 h.
- Persons: 6
- 250 g butter
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 10 g vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch grated lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 250 g flour
- 1 packet baking powder
- 250 g almonds, grated
- 250 g dark chocolate (couverture), grated
- chocolate, for dipping
- Knead together the softened butter, icing sugar, vanilla sugar, and lemon zest; add in the eggs one by one.
- Incorporate flour, sifted baking powder, almonds and dark chocolate into the butter mixture; knead into smooth dough. Let rest for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the dough into strands about 5 mm thick; cut into pieces about 10 cm in length and shape into pretzels.
- Put the pretzels onto a lined baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven.
- Allow pretzels to cool; dip into melted chocolate. Let dry on baking paper.
Baking temperature: 180 degrees Celsius, cooking time: 5 minutes