Cat's Tongue Biscuits
Although they are not named for Katzenzungen Castle in Prissian, these cookies are just as noble.
- Preparation time: 00:30 h.
- Persons: 6
- 125 g butter
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 10 g vanilla sugar or ½ vanilla bean (pulp)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 150 g flour
- 150 g chocolate nougat for filling and dipping
Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream the softened butter together with icing sugar, vanilla sugar or vanilla pulp, and salt.
- Add in the egg and egg yolks, one by one; add flour last.
- Pour the mixture into a piping bag with plain tip; pipe bars of dough about 6 cm in length onto the baking sheet.
- Allow sufficient space between the bars since the dough will expand some.
- In a preheated oven, bake biscuits until golden.
- Let cool slightly.
- Put the chocolate nougat into a bowl and melt in a water bath.
- Coat the underside of half of the batch of biscuits with chocolate nougat. Attach another biscuit to the underside of each dipped biscuit. Dip half of the two now-attached biscuits into the nougat chocolate.
- Let nougat filling solidify.
Baking temperature: 180 degrees Celsius
Cooking time: about 10 minutes
A special tip:
Instead of chocolate nougat, you can also fill with apricot or orange marmalade.