The König Laurin I aerial tram starts from the Frommer Alm (at an altitude of 1,743 m) and takes skiers, hikers, bikers, and climbers first to the midway station (at 1,977 meters above sea-level) and then with the cableway König Laurin II to the new, invisible mountain station at the Cologne Hut (2,339 meters above sea-level). Upon arrival, you'll feel that you can almost reach out with your hand and touch the face of the "Rose Garden" cliffs, and you can enjoy the fascinating view of all of South Tyrol and the Latemar – declared a World Nature Heritage Site of the Dolomites by UNESCO. Each gondola features ten seats and, in the summer, can also be used to transport bicycles to the midway station.
Getting to the cable car by public transport is easy and convenient.
By public bus line:
- 180 from Bozen | Bolzano, Val di Fassa*
- 180 from Karer Pass | Passo Costalunga, Karer See | Lago di Carezza *
- 180 from Birchabruck | Ponte Nova*
- 184 and change 180 from Obereggen, Eggen | Ega*
- 181 and change 180 from Weissenstein | Pietralba, Petersberg | Monte San Pietro, Deutschnofen | Nova Ponente, Stenk*
- 187 from Steinegg | Collepietra, Gummer | San Valentino*
* Until the bus stop “Abzweigung Nigerpass“, from there bus line 185
Bus stop: Welschnofen | Nova Levante, Frommer; online timetable search at: https://www.suedtirolmobil.info/en/
Destination: Karer Pass | Passo Costalunga
Parking: Parking lot Frommer