Line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream the softened butter; add sugar, and stir until smooth.
- Add in vanilla sugar, lemon zest and salt.
- Stir in the eggs; sift the flour and baking powder together and add. Knead into dough.
- Cover and let rest in a cool place for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 5 mm. Cut rings out of one half of the dough and rounds out of the other half. Bake in the preheated oven.
- Spread jam onto the rounds.
- Sprinkle the rings with icing sugar and place them on top of the rounds.
Baking temperature: 180 degrees Celsius, cooking time: about 8 minutes