Ga meteen naar de inhoud
toegevoegd aan favorieten
verwijderd uit favorieten
Helaas is er een probleem opgetreden. Probeer het opnieuw.
Uw account wordt aangemaakt
Je account is succesvol aangemaakt en je bent nu ingelogd
U bent uitgelogd
Filteren
Geselecteerde filters
    Moeilijkheidsgraad
    Duur
    Afstand in km

    Alle bezienswaardigheden in Bozen

    Resultaten
    Culture & Attractions
    Residential Block EA7 Casanova
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Based on the urban concept of Dutch architect Frits van Dongen, this group of buildings nettled between orchards and vineyards was developed with farmsteads and castles in mind. In keeping with the “Living in the Park” concept, the three separate buildings comprising the polygonal residential block are centered around a spacious courtyard. Large free-form entrances connect it to the underground garage and form the well-lit main entrance to the complex. Sophisticated architectural design was created in order to conform to the restrictive guidelines for the sponsored residential complex. Four layout designs and three different window shapes were employed in creating flats for 92 families, all designed slightly differently. The exteriors are of a rough, beige concrete while the smooth, white-varnished facades of the courtyard optimize the open space of the private courtyard.

    Forts & Castles
    Weighing House
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Attractive building from 1634 incorporating an original part of the old City walls, maintained its official function until 1780. Right up in front of it a plaque which commemorates Saint Andrew's Church (demolished in 1785) and in front of it you can admire the picturesque Piazza del Grano Kornplatz (Wheat Square), embellished by nice shops and restaurants, one the main wheat market and of other land produce. In this respect we are talking about the firs main urban centre of Bolzano/Bozen together with the castle of the Prince-Bishops of Trento, founders of the City: the Castle was probably destroyed by Mainhard II during one of his incursions to obtain control over the important commercial town (1277).

    Forts & Castles
    Messner Mountain Museum Firmian
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Located at the southern-western outskirts of Bolzano/Bozen, this castle is considered one of the emblems of South Tyrol. The original name "Formigar" stems from the Latin word "formicaria". From the 10th century a.d. the castle belonged to the Prince-Bishop of Trento, while during the second half of the 15th century Duke Sigismond , Count of Tirol, bought it and transformed it into the biggest and most prestigious of his castles naming it Sigmundskron (Sigismonds' crown). At the present date it has become the Mountain Museum of Reinhold Messner MMM Firmian.

    Forts & Castles
    Runkelstein Castle, the illustrated manor
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    At the beginning of the Sarntal Valley you'll find Runkelstein Castle, on the northern outskirts of town. You can easily get there on foot walking the lush green Talfer promenade or using a bike by taking the bike path. You can also hop on number 12 bus (Sunday Nr. 14), as well as the free shuttle departing from Walther Square (for further information contact Bolzano's Tourism Office). At the foot of the castle you'll find parking space for cars and bikes. Built in 1237 on a jutting edge of rock, the castle has been worked on and enlarged many times over and it boasts a collection of beautiful frescoes, depicting life scenes from court, hunting parties, knightly tournaments and scenes from everyday life. Literary depictions are not missing, as they also illustrate the adventures of Tristan and Isolda and those of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table. It is the biggest collection of profane frescoes and the best preserved one of the Middle Age. There are always some interesting cultural events going on at the castle, wich from time to time liven up the halls and court of Roncolo. A restaurant offers the chance to taste local dishes in a medieval setting.

    Culture & Attractions
    Hannah Arendt Vocational School
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Behind the monastery garden rises the light facade of the Kapuzin Monastery, next to which the disguised new school building built in a grey sandstone sits unnoticed. A section of wall was added onto the old east-facing facade, behind which there is a corridor with classrooms that look onto the intimate monastery courtyard. The majority of the rooms had to be built underground due to the extremely limited space available. Illumination in these rooms has been created through skylights in the garden and sophisticated guided shafts of light. This directed lighting removes any trace of a cellar-like feeling, and allows for a highly concentrated learning environment. An elegant set of steel steps leads from the entrance hall to all of the floors; all of the corridors are colorfully decorated. An aesthetic symbiosis between the old and the new has been found for this place of teaching and learning.

    Places to See
    Railway Station Square
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The railway line Verona-Bolzano was completed during the first half of the 20th century, while the railway Station dates back to 1928 and is the project of Angelo Mazzoni, with different allegorical sculptural contributions by Franz Ehrenhöfer (representing electricity, steam and rivers). The "Frog Fountain" right opposite the Station was rebuilt following the original design of 1930, following its destruction after the bombings of WWII.

    Culture & Attractions
    Semirurali Residential Complex
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Under Mussolini in the 1930s, Italian factory workers were settled in a garden city called the Semirurali. These very simple houses with gardens for self-sufficiency were demolished in the postwar period, and replaced by modern residential buildings. The new complex tried not to distribute and make freely accessible the individual residential buildings around the property but rather to plan squares and streets in accordance with the existing “rules of urban design.” In the spaces between, contiguous rows of buildings were built. They border the streets and squares, as was common in the cities before the relaxed construction of modern times gave up these norms. In spite of the row construction, the buildings stand out as individual homes because of the arrangement of loggias and glass coverings as the color scheme, and thereby convey a feeling of identity.

     

    Culture & Attractions
    Museion and Bridge
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Museion and its bridge link the old Austrian and the new Italian neighborhoods of the city, creating a built connection to a new era opposite the divisive Fascist architecture of the victory monument. The stylistic idiom of the mostly closed building, wrapped in its aluminum armor and with its far-reaching right angles, opens onto both parts of the city with its glassed narrow sides, encouraging one to enter. These glass facades are transformed into projection screens in the urban setting when darkness falls. The purely white architecture takes over the clear rooms inside, without dominating: a function to serve diverse exhibitions. The two swaying parts of the bridge over the Talvera/Talfer River form part of the museum’s concept: they symbolize the crossover of the two cultures that coexist here.

    Places to See
    Via Joseph Streiter Gasse
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    This street carries the Name of the Poet, lawyer and Mayor of Bolzano/Bozen during the second half of the 19th century. The street overlaps the old northern moat of the first medieval centre and the buildings on ist southern part correspond the the northern facade of the arcades. Especially during summer, the beginning of the street becomes a suggestive Corner of Bolzano: criss-cross from an original oper-bar on the fish Banks to shop, decorations and Restaurants, which create a Special and unique atmosphere. Numerous arches look down on the street, which contribute to the medieval hue. Number 25 corresponds to the entrance to the ancient Town Hall.

    Places to See
    Bolzano's promenades
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Like every city Bolzano too faces the fast pace of urban life. However, with just a few steps you can leave your stress behind and immerse yourself in the peaceful tranquillity of famous walks.

    Guncina and S.Osvaldo, for example, completed at the end of 1800, are well renowned routes gently climbing through Mediterranean vegetation up to the top of the surrounding hills and offering stunning views over the city.
    Lungotalvera Bolzano and Lungotalvera San Quirino are immersed in the lush Petrarca Park and meadows along the Talvera river. These walks are right adjacent to the city centre and provide an opportunity to practice various sports and recreational activities.

    Download the paths: Promenades in Bolzano

    Culture & Attractions
    Sigmundskron Castle
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Sigmundskron is a symbol found in South Tyrol's early history. It was first mentioned in 945 and was built into a fortress in 1473 by Duke Sigmund. In 1996 the ruins were taken over by the Autonomous Province of Bolzano-Bozen and in 2003 they were handed over to Reinhold Messner to be transformed into the Messner Mountain Museum. The preservation of the character and protection of the ruins was the main concern during the conversion building works. The steel constructions which were developed for this purpose were positioned at a distance with as few contact points as possible with the outer stone walls and the interior of the towers and rooms, so that these seemingly light architectural elements can be removed at any time. The design of these sections of the building has been kept as simple as possible, and they are clearly set apart from the historical parts of the building. This allows for a distinct demarcation of the old and the new.

    Places to See
    Walther von der Vogelweide's statue
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Walther von der Vogelweide's statue was built using local marble by Heinrich Natter, a sculptor from Vinschgau, in 1889. the statue was temporarily removed from ist previous setting during the fascist government (Rosegger Parc) to be returned to ist original spot which had been intenden for it back in 1985.

    Places to See
    Via Bottai Bindergasse
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    One of the most typical streets of the City centre, adorned with pretty plaques in wrought iron, various typical restaurants and the historical Hotel Luna Mondschein. At the ent of the street, heading north you'll find the Museum of Natural Science, housed in the administrative centre of the Emperor and Count of Tyrol Maximilian I (built in 1512). Near the Museum you'll also find the historic Restaurants "Weißes Rössl" and "Batzenhäusl" favoured by various artists.

    Culture & Attractions
    Luigi Einaudi Province Vocational School
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    This vocational school underneath Mount Virgl in Haslach was created through a competition in 1975. The compact building complex comprises four units: the three-part office and classroom wing, the two wings of the workshops, the auditorium and the gym. The concrete construction with exposed brick infill forms a very sustainable structure for which an expansion program was developed in the 1990s, which led to the addition of another story onto the previously built three-story class and office building. On the ground floor a meeting room for 150 people was built, with foyer and control room. At the same time, the technical infrastructure – heating, sanitary facilities, water treatment system with solar collectors – was renovated and upgraded. The addition of the new story matches the existing building structure, but is clearly recognizable as an extension.

    Culture & Attractions
    Claudiana Province Technical College
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The Province Technical College for the Health Professions was built in close proximity to Bolzano Hospital. The two-story reinforced concrete structure, surrounded by a glass facade, towers on an L-shaped plan. With steel supports for the balconies in front of the facade and the broad, cantilevered canopy construction, which goes around the whole building. The structure is light, almost floating, an interesting contrast to the monumental staircases built in front. The interior design, with floors made of pale natural stone, partition walls made from maple, glass and aluminum as well as its warm colors, lend Claudiana Province Technical College a pleasant atmosphere. There is a broad, square tiled plaza in front of the building, which conveys a very spacious feel.

     

    Culture & Attractions
    Salewa Headquarters
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Anyone who approaches Bolzano/Bozen from the south along the A22 will see the Salewa building, to the right of the highway, a modern gateway to the city. Three office towers, with four, seven and twelve floors respectively, are set in a urban dialogue one with the other and with the surrounding mountain landscape. Through the freely formed designs as well as the facades of dark glass and gray aluminum, the building mass retreats and yet, at the same time, matches the colors of the mountain. In the seemingly unusually shaped building volumes made of a reinforced concrete structure with curtained glass and/or metal facades, South Tyrol’s largest climbing gym is housed in addition to the company warehouse and administrative offices. This structure adjoins a small recreational park with a garden area and a restaurant, which matches Salewa’s sporting goods production nicely.

     

    Culture & Attractions
    Victory Monument
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    It was Mussolini’s idea to establish a memorial to the fallen soldiers of the First World War on the site where a monument to the Kaiserjäger had already been commenced. A collection of donations throughout the whole of Italy financed the new monument. However, the architect designed a victory monument in the style of Roman triumphal arches as apologia for the conquest-hungry fascists with its insignia and an inscription, which refers to the martial tradition of the Roman Empire. It was seen as a grave insult to German-speaking South Tyroleans. After lengthy negotiations between the province of South Tyrol and the Italian cultural ministry, the high-fenced-in monument opened, in the catacombs of the building, a permanent exhibition in 2014 about events that unfolded under two dictatorships from 1918-1945, in order to improve understanding and communication.

    Forts & Castles
    Mareccio / Maretsch castle
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The XIII century castle, situated right behind the hystoric city centre, is surrounded by fields of the fine Lagrein grapevines and has stunning views of the Rosengarten. It was renovated in the 1980s and transformed into a conference and exhibition centre. It is certainly the most interesting and exclusive complex, ideal for housing conferences, seminars, banquets, concerts, cultural events and exhibitions. The beautiful interiors, with stunning frescoes, have all the modern features and conference facilities. The view of the castle from the river walk nearby is particularly impressive. Adjacent parking.

    The castle is a congress centre and open for visitors only during events and exhibitions.

    Forts & Castles
    Palais Campofranco
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Palais Campofranco was built in the second half of the 18th century. During the following century, it was the residence of the Archduke Ranieri Joseph of Austria and his wife, Princess Elisabeth of Savoy. The emblem of the Palace is its monumental ginko biloba tree, a gift for Empress Elisabeth of Austria, more commonly known as Princess Sissi, from her uncle Heinrich.

    A change that preserves both the environment and the past of the building. This is the vision that nurtured the Palais Campofranco’s rebirth, built up from its historical foundations into a tribute to the territory through the creative use of smart technologies and natural energy sources.

    The inner court of the Palais, with its impressive ginkgo tree as a centrepiece, is open all year round to give the palace a central role in Bolzano’s city life.

    Culture & Attractions
    Outdoor Pool (Lido) in Bolzano
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The contemporary longing for nature and sports in the city influenced the thinking of the Fascist municipal government of Bolzano/Bozen and, as a result, had an outdoor swimming complex built on the banks of the Isarco/Eisack River. From a horticultural viewpoint, the site was designed as a striking landscape architecture within the urban area. The buildings show the influence of the Italian rationalist thought of those years, oriented towards the Bauhaus. Clear functionality and a design that is both reduced and concentrated on the essential, avoided Fascist monumentality of any kind. The plastered entrance building with its sweeping terrace section shows expressive motifs that do not deny the influence of the Gmunden outdoor pool by Franz Gessner, a student of Otto Wagner's. Although this architecture seemed strange to the South Tyroleans of the day, it is nevertheless of lasting quality.

    Places to See
    Monument to Victory in Bolzano/Bozen
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    "BZ '18–'45: one monument, one city, two dictatorships", is an exhibition opened to the public in July 2014. It illustrates the history of the Monument to Victory, designed by Marcello Piacentini and erected by the Fascist regime between 1926 and 1928. The monument reflects and provides a link to local historical events during the twenty years of Fascism and the Nazi occupation, within the context of national and international events in the years between the two World Wars (1918–1945). The exhibition also covers the radical urban transformations for the construction of a new “Italian” city of Bolzano, from the end of the 1920s. Finally, the exhibition confronts the difficult relationship between the different language groups, caused by the overbearing legacy of Fascism, within the evolving social and political framework of the second half of the twentieth century to the present day.

    Forts & Castles
    Rafenstein Castle
    Jenesien/San Genesio Atesino, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    On the northern side of Bolzano face to Runkelstein Castle lies the antique ruin of Rafenstein castle. 

     

    Culture & Attractions
    EURAC European Academy
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The Fascist Youth GIL Buildings emerged in Merano/Meran, Bressanone/Brixen and Bolzano/Bozen in the 1930s according to designs by the architects Miozzo and Mansutti. Although in need of renovation, only the Bressanone structure has retained its original form. In Bolzano one of the most important buildings of Fascist Italy's rationalism period, a structure that had already been dilapidated, has been successfully repurposed. It was renovated and expanded through a competition. The fact that an Austrian architect achieved this, shows the overlap of cultures in Bolzano. The renovated, heritage-listed old building sections, painted in Tuscany red, were contrasted with a transparent building of glass and steel on a lightweight concrete structure, which also redefined the urban context with a vestibule, garden café and garden courtyard. The design of the interior spaces is just as light as that of the external appearance.

    Culture & Attractions
    Rosmini School, Cafeteria and Gym
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Loffererhof Farm and its greenhouses, located behind the old Gries church, were demolished shortly after 1900, and the elementary school and kindergarten were built in 1908. The school was renovated in 1998. A gymnasium was added to this building group in 2002, an independent fourth building that encloses the intermediate schoolyard space. The transparent construction, a steel-and-glass structure, is reminiscent of the Orangerie that was formerly located here. The ball-proof suspended construction of the glass façade makes the building appear transparent and affords views of the old chestnut tree. The cafeteria, a final addition, was completed in 2008, inserted into the narrow space between the street and the old school building underground with a skylight in such a way that the historical building still appears detached.

    Culture & Attractions
    Province Vocational School in Bolzano
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Urban planning considerations led to three parallel, elongated wings of varying heights, the two-story covered entrance which is situated on Lazzeriniplatz Square. Its use of the same materials: exposed concrete, steel and glass throughout, and consistent design, convey an architectonically heterogeneous environment of tranquility and space. From the entrance you walk into a spacious, light-flooded hall between the first and second wings, which reaches all of the floors. Underneath there is the sports hall, with stair towers at the ends. The glazed steel bridges, designed by Heimo Zobernig, allow for open access to the third wing and to the break area of the roof terrace.

    Culture & Attractions
    Landhaus 11
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    The rather unattractive post office of the 1950s was converted into a passive house to be used as an administration building. The addition of two more stories improved its size, also in relation to the surrounding area. Next to the elegant station tower, the stairwell of this old building no longer fit in and was covered with solar panel elements during the conversion. The bulky body of the building was brought to life through various window designs, which allow for an interplay of shadow and light. The 3% extra costs spent on energy-saving technology for the building has paid itself within five years: this gold low-energy house only costs 45 euro per worker on heating, as opposed to the 270 euro buildings in category C pay. This is, in fact, the first office block in Italy that meets passive house standards. The interior, with its wide corridors for special uses, is light and friendly, using only the simplest materials.

    Forts & Castles
    Flavon/Haselburg Castle
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    Haselburg Castle is accessible to the general public as a restaurant and as a party and reception venue (opening times of the restaurant). To get there you have to pass through the neighbourhood of Haslach: a steep path will take you to the rocky lookout on which the castle is perched (with parking space). Nice view on the Etsch valley and on Bolzano/Bozen itself looking North (Salten plateau, Sarntal Valley, Ritten). It contains frescoes from 1500.

     

    Culture & Attractions
    Bolzano Chamber of Commerce
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    At the southern entrance to the Old City, this building creates a three dimensional town with a city gate, pathways and open spaces which connect the various business areas internally as well as vertically. The large glass surfaces of the otherwise smooth and forbidding aluminum and glass facade create an individual setting for the way into the city of Bolzano – the openness and exclusivity of commercial activities are recorded here. The corner building marks clearly the city's border; all that is missing is an adjoining building to complete this effect. The interior spaces are of an ideal temperature, using very little energy altogether. A closed office atmosphere is avoided by the transparency of the succession of rooms created by elegant glass walls and light corridors; teamwork is encouraged and the visitor is openly welcomed.

    Culture & Attractions
    Province Building 2
    Bolzano/Bozen, Bolzano/Bozen and environs

    In terms of design, responding to Angiolo Mazzoni's imposing train station building (1928), on the opposite side of the street, was no easy task. This has been achieved to the point that the new building, like the train station, goes beyond architecture and is now an urban structure. Its undulated form, which is divided into individual houses, is determined by the surrounding urban spaces: by the semicircular station square on the front, by the rectangular Magnagoplatz, and by the Laurin- and Rittner Straße at the rear. The building itself is crossed by three radial passageways from the station square and has two inner courtyards. The facades on the ground and mezzanine floors are clad in white marble, the four upper floors in reddish porphyry. The interior spaces of the building are well illuminated; the design of the office departments is varied.

    1 2