A museum was founded in Klausen (Chiusa) as early as 1914, and its collections have been enriched over the years. In 1938, under the Fascist government, the collections were taken away to the Municipal Museum in Bolzano (Bozen), where a 'Museum of Alto Adige' was planned. The artworks could only be brought back to Klausen in 1978, where they went on display in the former Capuchin monastery. After a lengthy phase of resoration, the Klausen Municipal Museum was reopened in 1992. The various collections include the Loreto treasure (Spanish and Italian handicraft from the 16th and 17th cen.), sacred art (15th to 19th cen.), and art and artists from in and around Klausen from the last half of the 19th cen., when the city was a favorite goal for artists in search of romantic inspiration, forming the “Klausen Artists’ Colony” (1874-1914). The tour through the museum also includes a visit to the recently restored Capuchin church. Until the 3rd October 2012 the museum proposes the exhibition "Anderswo_Altrove" of the italian artist Giancarlo Lamonaca. With this anniversary exhibition the City Museum of Klausen/Chiusa celebrates 20 years of museum’s activities and invites you to have a look at the city from a different point of view. The exhibition in museum is part of a project aims to interpret through interventions in urban areas Klausen/Chiusa’s urban character in different ways and highlight elements of local history, culture and architecture. "Anderwso_Altrove" is also involved in the bigger project Open City Museum.