Chiesa parrocchiale S. Giorgio/Pfarrkirche St. Georg
A House of worship was mentioned in Terento in 1362, a church must have been there long before this however. Bishop Hartmann from Bressanone consecrated an altar in 1162. A new long nave was constructed in 1683/84. The Parish Church was extended from 1848 to 1850 and re-designed in a late Romanic style. A comprehensive restoration took place in 1964. During the course of this restoration, the foundation walls of an almost square-shaped church room from Roman times were discovered. Preserved from the late-gothic building are the choir with its three-sided completion, and the rectangular block stone tower with pointed acoustic windows. The long nave was reconstructed in late Roman style at the middle of the 19th century. The barrel vault dates back to the late Roman reconstruction and is decorated with ceiling paintings by Christoph Brandstätter. The ceiling paintings were restored in 1896. The altars of the Parish Church show the transition from classicism to late-gothic. Adjacent to the Parish Church you can admire a late-gothic Holy Cross Chapel, which was consecrated in 1520. The chapel impresses with a polygonal choir and a stellar vault.