Skip to content
added to favourites
removed from favourites
Oops! Something went wrong. Try again
Your account is being created
Your account has been successfully created and you are now logged in
You are logged out.
Filter
Selected filters
    Level of difficulty
    Duration
    Distance in KM

    Experience South Tyrol - it's unforgettable!

    Don't miss the diverse range of experiences of South Tyrol! Enjoy sporting activities, discover the rich culture and visit diverse events in Alpine and Mediterranean locations. Whether young or old, everyone will find something suitable. To help you decide, we present our suggestions for an unforgettable holiday in South Tyrol. Experience the diversity!

    Results
    Forts & Castles
    The “Hofkeller”
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The “Hofkeller” was first mentioned in documents at the beginning of the 14th century. It has a massive gable roof. It was once the seat of the feudal administration, which passed from the Lords of Salorno/Salurn to the Counts of Tyrol. On the east side of the building, on the ground floor, there is a large hall with a cross vault supported by two rows of seven slender columns made of Prun stone and by pilasters. The imposing building already impressed the first South Tyrolean chronicler Marx Sittich von Wolkenstein, as he wrote in his description of Tyrol published in 1600.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church Santa Maria
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The parish church is situated in the old center of the village and is dedicated to the Virgin Mary. It was built in 1674 in order to have a second church because the Church San Pietro was often not accessible due to flooding of the Rio Nero. The architecture of the church is modest and simple. Inside, the baroque main altar with the life-size statue of Our Lady stands out. The two side altars are simple Baroque altars and dedicated to St. Anthony and St. Joseph.

    Forts & Castles
    "Wohlgemuth zu Wendelstein" estate
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The „Wohlgemuth zu Wendelstein“ estate dates back to 1592. The date is above the portal in the fresco of the triangular pediment on the double-arched window, which is adorned by a beautiful wrought-iron balustrade. The Renaissance building has an irregular floor plan and is set around an inner courtyard. The hall on the first floor with the aforementioned double-arched window has a precious coffered ceiling.

    Forts & Castles
    "von Hoffenburg Estate"
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Hausmann-Locherer estate dates from the Renaissance period, was built in the second half of the 16th century and is characterised by architectural elements of Nordic and Italian origin that are typical of the Überetsch/Oltradige architectural style. Architrave-shaped windows and an entrance portal with a round arch decorate the façade of the building. Above this round arch is the coat of arms of Andrä Locherer from 1593, consisting of a unicorn standing on its hind legs. The interior rooms with their central hall are arranged symmetrically. Some rooms have stuccoed ceilings, others are covered with 17th century woodcarving decorations. The entire building encloses an inner courtyard.

     

    Forts & Castles
    Piazza della Libertá
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Piazza della Libertà at Egna. The nucleus of the hamlet developed around the Piazza della Libertà/Freiheitsplatz, which, after being used for years as a parking area, was the star of an important restoration project. The ancient well was renovated and the “Sas del poz”, a calcareous monolith probably used in conjunction with ancient German judicial tradition, was reinstated.

    Groceries
    Schweiggl's Bioladen
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road
    The small but fine organic shop in the centre of Neumarkt. Here you will find a full range of organic products, from fresh produce to dry goods and natural cosmetics. In the summer and autumn months, we offer a large selection of vegetables from our own Demeter farm in Fennberg. Since 1996, the right address for nature and environmentally conscious people.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Peter
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Gothic church of St. Peter, built in the 16th century, is located at the southern entrance to the village of Auer/Ora, next to the local cemetery. In past times, it was the most important church of the surrounding villages and is situated in a pit about 5 meters deep and was often inaccessible due to flooding of the nearby Rio Nero stream. It had to be uncovered again and again and was finally protected by a stone wall. Today, after restoration work in the 1970s, the church is open to the public for Holy Masses and celebrations and houses the oldest organ in South Tyrol that can still be played. It was built in 1599 by the organ builder Hans Schwarzenbach.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church Montagna
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The parish church of Montan/Montagna is dedicated to St. Bartholomew. The majestic façade of the church fits perfectly into the picturesque village-scape. The neo-Romanesque broad front is impressive. The tower, which dates back to the 12th / 13th century, is the oldest part of the church. The church owes its present form to a new building constructed in the 19th century (1875-1881). A special piece of equipment of the parish church is the pulpit, whose openwork sandstone tracery forms the year 1489.

    Forts & Castles
    Old Railway Line
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    As early as 1891, there were plans to construct a railway between Ora and the Val di Fiemme Valley in order to improve accessibility and stimulate the economy. The Val di Fiemme railway line was built during World War I. Between 1918 and 1936, it was used mainly for transporting goods. It connected Auer/Ora with Predazzo. The segment between Auer and San Lugano is still in good condition. Nowadays, it is a very nice hike and cycle path which leads through the beautiful mountain landscape of the Trudner Horn Nature Park and is especially worthwhile due to the views of the South Tyrolean Unterland region.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Chapel of Saint Cosmas and Damian in Glen/Gleno
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The chapel Saint Cosmas & Damian in Glen/Gleno was built in the 17th century. The architectural character is quite simple, but the chapel contains numerous artworks on the inside. One of the artworks is the votive picture marked with the year "1691." It may indicate the year of construction of the chapel.

    Parks
    The local recreation area „The sleeping giant”
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    "The Sleeping Giant"local recreation area in Neumarkt/Egna. The "The Sleeping Giant" park is a local recreation area with an area of 8 hectares, equipped with a playground for children, a relaxation area for adults, picnic space, and a pond for fishermen. A giant is located in the middle of the park, arranged for children to climb on. Adults can relax on several hammocks, park benches, and sunbeds. The recreation area is located near the Trodena River, a "sleeping giant" because of its calm flow but, once "awakened," it can get really dangerous.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church San Nicolò
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The parish church of Neumarkt/Egna is dedicated to St. Nicholas. The Romanesque porch dates back to the 12th century and was renovated in the 15th century. The tower was built in the 13th century. The choir, built by the master stonemason Konrad von Neumarkt, is an excellent example of late Gothic architecture.

    Forts & Castles
    Gasthaus zur Rose
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road
    The Gasthof zur Rose is located in the southern quarter of Salorno/Salurn, which is called "Gries". The first references with a description of the Gasthof "Zur Rose" go back to the year 1584.
    Lakes, cascades
    Waterfall and "Katzenleiter"
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

     

    A rustic circular hiking trail along the Schwarzenbach/Rio Nero torrent to the waterfall offers a breathtaking natural spectacle offer. The "Katzenleiter" is a stone staircase consisting of 540 steps carved into the rock. The waterfall plunges into a 120-meter-deep gorge and offers a magnificent view of the entire south of South Tyrol all the way to Lake Kaltern. If you continue climbing the steps, you will reach the Brückenwirt inn in Montan/Montagna after a two-hour hike.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Lawrence and the Fourteen Holy Helpers
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The southern entrance to Laag/Laghetti is characterized by the presence of the St. Lawrence's Church. Dedicated to the Fourteen Holy Helpers in 1532, the late Gothic building sports a portal, the windows of the bell tower, and the nave all in pointed arches. The ceiling is a honeycomb vault, while its ogives and external ribs are decorated with a design alternating the colors black, ochre, and white. The little church was extensively restored in 2007-2008 and the sacred furnishings, works by the sculptor Paul dë Doss-Moroder, were renovated. This is only the last of several interventions carried out in the course of the centuries.

    Forts & Castles
    Auer Castle
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    At the church square, a medieval village castle rises majestically. This castle received its present form around 1600. Auer Castle is said to have been the ancestral seat of the Lords of Auer/Ora, who were first mentioned in 1190 as "Conradinus de Aura de masnada filiorum Enrici de Egna." In documents, the castle was also called the "Gesäss," as it housed, among other things, the official residence of the sovereigns. In the 19th century, the von Fioreschy family took over the property and gave it its present name: Von Fioreschy estate. In 2014, the estate underwent extensive renovations.

    Museums
    Museum of Popular Culture
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Museum of Popular Culture is situated in a historical building under the arcades of Neumarkt/Egna. You can visit the living space of a middle-class family of the 19th an 20th century.

    With an extensive collection of furniture and utensils used in everyday life, the museum gives insight into a long-gone way of life. Thus, in the museum you can find a playroom, sewing room, a kitchen with pantry, as well as a salon and a bedroom.

    Forts & Castles
    Von Gelmini estate
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Gelmini estate was built in the first half of the 17th century. It belonged to the An der Lan and Fedrigotti families and to the Gelmini family. The three-storey building has a beautiful garden and several courtyards leading to the service buildings. Another interesting feature is the oriel with turrets and ox-eyes in the upper part of the façade, located on Schillerstrasse. The building is decorated with a mosaic created in 1911 depicting a Virgin and Child inspired by Raphael's Renaissance Madonna. Particularly worth seeing are the coffered ceiling in the wood-panelled oriel room, which dates from 1661, and the carved wooden walls, which run in two vertical strips and are separated by refined half-columns. Dr. Max von Gelmini was one of the largest silkworm breeders in South Tyrol. He built the so-called "silk spinning mill", one of the most important examples of industrial architecture in the entire country.

     

    Forts & Castles
    “von Lutterotti” estate
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The most interesting part of the façade of the “von Lutterotti” estate, a 17th century Baroque building, is probably the portal. It is framed by two half-columns with capitals and scroll and smooth and broken headstones. This is the magnificent archway of the court and prison building of the former Salorno/Salurn jurisdiction. The seat is adorned by three wrought-iron balconies. The hall on the first floor is decorated with stucco work. After the building was no longer used as a seat of jurisdiction, it passed to the namesake Lutterotti family from Salurn.

    Forts & Castles
    "Herrenhof"
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road
    This imposing 3-storey Baroque building “Herrenhof” (17th century) has a façade with two rows of eleven wide windows topped by oeil-de-boeuf windows. The large round-arch portal framed with marble ashlars is noteworthy. Known as “maso Schnatterle”, the “Schnatterle farmstead” (1550-1600), it belonged first to Andreas von Fenner, then in the 17th century, to the Thun-Filippini family, before passing to the important Zenobio-Albrizzi family and finally, towards the mid-19th century, to the Noldin family.
    Forts & Castles
    Ruins of Castle Caldiff
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The ruin Kaldiff is locaded at Mazzon, above Egna . This castle was probably built around 1200. Between the 16th and 18th century it was inhabited by the noble family Von Enn. However, unfortunately it decayed partially after a fire. Today, after remediation work, there are only remains of curtain-walls as well as some frescoes and mural paintings available.

    Places to See
    Dürer Path
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    During his first trip to Italy in 1494, the famous German painter Albrecht Dürer had to deviate from his route to Venice because of a flood on the Adige River. After possibly spending the night in the monastery "Klösterle" of St. Florian/San Floriano or in Neumarkt/Egna, he probably arrived at the Freedom Square in Laag/Laghetti and from there took the path over the Sauch Saddle into the Cembra Valley. This assumption is based on Dürer's watercolors of Segonzano Castle and a mill. Today it is possible to follow Dürer's footsteps on the Dürer path of the same name, which begins in St. Florian near Laag.

    Places to See
    Trudner Horn/Monte Corno Nature Park
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    One of the seven nature parks in South Tyrol is the Trudner Horn/ Monte Corno Nature Park. It covers an area of 6,851 hectares and includes the municipalities of Truden/Trodena, Altrei/Anterivo, Montan/Montagna, Neumarkt/Egna, and Salorno/Salurn. It is bordered to the north by the foothills of the Val di Fiemme, to the southeast by the Val Cembra, and to the west by the Adige Valley between Neumarkt and the Salorno hermitage. It owes its name to the 1,781-meter-high Trudner Horn, a mountain of the Fiemme valley Alps. Due to its location and the sub-Mediterranean climate zone, the protected area offers the most species-rich flora and fauna of all South Tyrolean nature parks.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Monastery in Gschnon/Casignano
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    When malaria raged in the swampy Adige Valley in summer, the monks of the Capuchin monastery in Neumarkt moved to the so-called Klösterle in Gschnon, which is 1000 meters above sea level. Today the Klösterle is a self-catering house. In summer, it is used for retreats and spiritual exercises.

    In September, the German Capuchin Order invites men up to 50 years of age to come and live in the Klösterle in Gschnon, to be active together in the mountains, to organize everyday life together, to spend time in worship, silence and prayer, and to engage in conversation.

    Museums
    Doll Museum
    Pfalzen/Falzes, Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    Unique in South Tyrol! The big doll museum in Pfalzen whisks visitors away to an imaginative, playful world. The exhibition includes various doll houses, play dolls, puppet dolls, doll shops and much more.

    Free entry!

    The museum is closed!

    Forts & Castles
    The Saalhaus
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Saalhaus is a type of building which is about 45 to 60 meters deep with a façade width of 5-11 meters. Through the entry door in the façade, you pass through a long, vaulted archway into the inner courtyard onto which rooms, used as storerooms, open. In the heart of the house, facing the courtyard, is the "Saal" or hall, a room of large dimensions, reaching from the ground floor up to the roof. Thanks to its opening onto the courtyard and its dormer windows, the room is well lit and remains cool during the summer months. These characteristics make it suitable for many domestic activities, for example, the preparation of agricultural products or drying of laundry. All the second-floor rooms and the balconies for accessing the upper floors face this room; all of this contributes to making the "Saal" the heart of family life. It is possible to look at the internal structure of a Saalhaus while passing through the pedestrian passageway that leads through the inner courtyard of Via Andreas Hofer 32.

    Forts & Castles
    "Gasthaus In der Titschen"
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road
    The beautiful building "In der Titschen" had been an inn since the 16th century and also served as a seat for court meetings until the middle of the 18th century. Here the minutes of the various sections into which the social life of the village was divided were written and offices and tasks were periodically distributed. With the takeover by the Venetian Counts Zenobio, the importance of the inn declined, as the court seat was moved to Mitterdorf.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Widum – Pfarrhaus” (Widum – Rectory)
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    In 1336 we find the first evidence of an independent Montan parish priest. Whether he already lived in this house, however, is not attested. Only in 1537/38 - Christian Seidl from Reichental in the diocese of Salzburg was parish priest at that time - is a Widum mentioned, which is described as very small, old and dilapidated.

    The parish priest Alexander Giovanelli, who worked here from 1702 to 1743, rebuilt the vicarage at great expense and settled the matter with the parish and the church provost in 1734.

    The frescoes, St. Nepomuk (water and bridge saint and at the same time the only saint with a star wreath) and the "Mater Dolorosa", whose worship was promoted by parish priest Alexander Giovanelli, were probably also painted at this time. In the Widum there is a panelled farmhouse parlour with an old fireplace, as well as an archive with 233 volumes and baptismal, marriage and death registers from the 16th century. These have been preserved despite looting and arson by the French.

    In the cadastre of 1775, the Widumhof has a stable and barn, "torggl" (wine press), herb garden and small meadows with fruit trees, arable land and vineyards.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Loreto Chapel in Kalditsch/Doladizza
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Loreto Chapel is located in Kalditsch/Doladizza above Montan/Montagna and is part of the "Rothenhof." It was consecrated on September 22, 1702 by Prince Bishop Michael von Spaur. The church day is celebrated annually at the end of September with a solemn service. The high altarpiece is a magnificent work by the Val di Fiemme-based painter Giuseppe Alberti. The inscription on the church roof, visible from afar, depicts a monogram of the Virgin Mary.

    Forts & Castles
    Town Hall Salorno/Salurn
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road
    The town hall of Salorno/Salurn was once owned by the family of the Barons von Winklhofer, whose coat of arms can also be found on the portal, is characterized by Nordic and Italian building elements typical of the Überetsch/Oltraadige style of the 16th century. The open archway of the old building rests on mighty stone blocks. On the façade, the stone-framed rectangular windows are arranged next to the two-storey bay window and alternate with two superimposed double round-arched windows.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500