Skip to content
added to favourites
removed from favourites
Oops! Something went wrong. Try again
Your account is being created
Your account has been successfully created and you are now logged in
You are logged out.
Filter
Selected filters
    Level of difficulty
    Duration
    Distance in KM

    Experience South Tyrol - it's unforgettable!

    Don't miss the diverse range of experiences of South Tyrol! Enjoy sporting activities, discover the rich culture and visit diverse events in Alpine and Mediterranean locations. Whether young or old, everyone will find something suitable. To help you decide, we present our suggestions for an unforgettable holiday in South Tyrol. Experience the diversity!

    Results
    Groceries
    Spitalerhof
    Meran/Merano and environs
    At the Spitalerhof farm in Vöran/Verano different kinds of fruit, vegetables and herbs are cultivated.
    This products can be purchased directly at the farm: fresh vegetables and eggs, fruit spread, cordials, teas, dryed fruit, herbal salts and pickled vegetables.
    Forts & Castles
    "von Hoffenburg Estate"
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Hausmann-Locherer estate dates from the Renaissance period, was built in the second half of the 16th century and is characterised by architectural elements of Nordic and Italian origin that are typical of the Überetsch/Oltradige architectural style. Architrave-shaped windows and an entrance portal with a round arch decorate the façade of the building. Above this round arch is the coat of arms of Andrä Locherer from 1593, consisting of a unicorn standing on its hind legs. The interior rooms with their central hall are arranged symmetrically. Some rooms have stuccoed ceilings, others are covered with 17th century woodcarving decorations. The entire building encloses an inner courtyard.

     

    Forts & Castles
    House Seeber at Egna
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    In the Middle Ages, Seeber House was part of the sovereign freehold with a barn and court cellar, and until the 19th century it was the seat of the keeper of the court of Enn and Kaldiff, as well as the place of payment of the "Zehent" tax (tithe) in kind to the manor. Roof surfaces, pillars and vaults of the farm buildings are partly originally preserved. Around the year 1600, the residential house was rebuilt. Above the doors there are the coats of arms of the court guardian families. The last incumbent was Vinzenz von Pühler, a friend of Andreas Hofer.

    Forts & Castles
    "Herrenhof"
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road
    This imposing 3-storey Baroque building “Herrenhof” (17th century) has a façade with two rows of eleven wide windows topped by oeil-de-boeuf windows. The large round-arch portal framed with marble ashlars is noteworthy. Known as “maso Schnatterle”, the “Schnatterle farmstead” (1550-1600), it belonged first to Andreas von Fenner, then in the 17th century, to the Thun-Filippini family, before passing to the important Zenobio-Albrizzi family and finally, towards the mid-19th century, to the Noldin family.
    Forts & Castles
    Von Gelmini estate
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Gelmini estate was built in the first half of the 17th century. It belonged to the An der Lan and Fedrigotti families and to the Gelmini family. The three-storey building has a beautiful garden and several courtyards leading to the service buildings. Another interesting feature is the oriel with turrets and ox-eyes in the upper part of the façade, located on Schillerstrasse. The building is decorated with a mosaic created in 1911 depicting a Virgin and Child inspired by Raphael's Renaissance Madonna. Particularly worth seeing are the coffered ceiling in the wood-panelled oriel room, which dates from 1661, and the carved wooden walls, which run in two vertical strips and are separated by refined half-columns. Dr. Max von Gelmini was one of the largest silkworm breeders in South Tyrol. He built the so-called "silk spinning mill", one of the most important examples of industrial architecture in the entire country.

     

    Sports and leisure
    Dwarf Village
    Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    Very close to the ‘giant’s footprint’ lakes by the Rifugio Gigante Baranci, you’ll find hidden away an alpine recreation area, a wonderful place to unwind - with a very special attraction: the Dwarf Village. High up in the branches there are quaint tree houses which you can explore via ladders and rope bridges. The life of a dwarf is reflected in the nine mountain huts below.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church S. Orsola
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The parish church of Pochi is dedicated to Sant'Orsola. The church was built in romanesque style in the 14th century, the church spire dates from this period. The gothic chancel was built in the 15th century.

     

    Forts & Castles
    Griesfeld residence
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Griesfeld estate in Neumarkt/Egna. This beautiful residence was built by Karl Balthasar of Cazan around the middle of the 17th century. Rectangular windows, two biforiums and six ox-eye windows adorn the elegant façade. On the second floor of the building there is a wonderful Baroque chapel, whose barrel vault is decorated with rich stucco and valuable 17th-century frescoes depicting the lives of saints and the Blessed Mother. Today this stately building houses a home economics school

    Museums
    Sculpture garden
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    According the slogan "freedom and harmony between art and nature" the South Tyrolean artist Sieglinde Tatz-Borgogno has created 200 sculptures of bronze, marble and clay at the small village Pochinear Salorno. People with their forces, desires and fears are at the focus of the artist's creativity. The sculpture-garden is reachable in a few minutes from the center of Pochi and is freely accessible.

    Places to See
    Mansio Endidae
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    During some excavations in the "Kahn" area in 1983, remains of an ancient Roman edifice were found. Those remains almost certainly belong to the "Endidae Mansio," which appears in the "Itinerarium Antonini." The large edifice with ground area of 737 m² featured a rectangular shape with a huge arcade and a central, partly roofed court. Several rooms were built around the court, which were probably relaxation rooms (cubicula) and a kitchen.

     

    Forts & Castles
    Seat of the district association in Egna
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Farther down the street, you come to house number 22, today, the seat of the District Association of Unterland/Bassa Atesina. Here again we find judge Peter Ganel's coat of arms and the date of construction, 1583, on the portal. The building distinguishes itself by the refined character of the interior, the window and door frames in stone, as well as by the elegance of the vaulted and beamed ceilings.

     

    Places to See
    Former main water station of the „Südbahn“ (Southern Railway)
    Welsberg-Taisten/Monguelfo-Tesido

    The octagonal, striking tower of the water station, together with the reception building, the storage shed with loading ramp according to type plans by Wilhelm von Flattich and the railway dwellings to the east planned by Angiolo Mazzoni in 1926, form a railway ensemble steeped in technical history. The water reservoir, a unique landmark of railway buildings from the “k.k. Monarchie” (imperial and royal monarchy), was inaugurated in 1871. It was placed under monument protection by decision of the regional government in 2004 and has been the property of the municipality since 2010. In the era of steam locomotives, the water station had the function of a regular filling station, which was fed by the natural gradient of the high springs, south of the railway line, by means of a gravity pipe (communicating vessels). As the trains had a stopover of around 15 minutes to refuel the locomotives, the water filling of the tenders (storage wagon) and usually the deslagging of the ash box and the re-fuelling of the coal were carried out at the same time.

     

    Forts & Castles
    The “Hofkeller”
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The “Hofkeller” was first mentioned in documents at the beginning of the 14th century. It has a massive gable roof. It was once the seat of the feudal administration, which passed from the Lords of Salorno/Salurn to the Counts of Tyrol. On the east side of the building, on the ground floor, there is a large hall with a cross vault supported by two rows of seven slender columns made of Prun stone and by pilasters. The imposing building already impressed the first South Tyrolean chronicler Marx Sittich von Wolkenstein, as he wrote in his description of Tyrol published in 1600.

    Forts & Castles
    Ballhaus
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The most interesting building in Andreas-Hofer-Street from a historical point of view is surely the "Ballhaus." This construction functioned as a warehouse and repository for goods passing through Neumarkt/Egna, which, by disposition of the reigning sovereign Duke Otto, were obliged to pay duty and remain there for a night. Above the semi-circular stone framed arch of the portal, the erroneous date of 1372 appears along with the Egna coat of arms. In fact, the Ballhaus was built some 150 years later. You could say that the Ballhaus is the symbol of the privileges which Egna enjoyed until the 18th century and which permitted it to develop into the great and beautiful village we know today. Currently, following very careful restoration, this building is the site of the community library for the German-speaking population, the "Bibliothek im Ballhaus."

    Churches & Monasteries
    The parish center of Egna
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    House number 17 of the Via Portici is a building of great historical and artistic interest, whose long period of restoration has allowed for the documentation of the construction and embellishment phases. At the end of the 15th century, the first construction phase took place, from which you can still see the original three-pointed arch vaults of the arcade and the late Gothic profile of the windows on the façade, walled in and substituted in later eras. The painted ceiling of the great central hall stems from the first half of the 16th century and is considered one of the most beautiful ones in the entire region. This hall is situated between the atrium and the back courtyard, measures 17 x 6 meters, and is illuminated by two triple-mullioned late Gothic windows. The ceiling is beamed, with painted friezes framing painted wooden boards that feature allegorical motifs, male and female portraits, and coats of arms of noble and village families of the area. In the middle of the 16th century, the atrium was completed, inspired by the Renaissance, characterized by incised decorations and by a loggia of semicircular arches on three sides of the second floor. The rich painted decoration of the atrium on the first floor stems from the end of the 16th century, while the frescoes on the façade date back to the 1600s. The building was purchased by the town in 1889 and donated to the parish in 1978; today, it is the seat of the parish community of Neumarkt/Egna.

     

    Forts & Castles
    “von Lutterotti” estate
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The most interesting part of the façade of the “von Lutterotti” estate, a 17th century Baroque building, is probably the portal. It is framed by two half-columns with capitals and scroll and smooth and broken headstones. This is the magnificent archway of the court and prison building of the former Salorno/Salurn jurisdiction. The seat is adorned by three wrought-iron balconies. The hall on the first floor is decorated with stucco work. After the building was no longer used as a seat of jurisdiction, it passed to the namesake Lutterotti family from Salurn.

    Groceries
    Eichernhof
    Meran/Merano and environs

    The Eichernhof farm in Vöran is specialized in cultivating herbs.
    The cook and young farmer Elisabeth offers cooking and baking courses, her mother Erika is guiding farm and herb garden tours.
    Their homemade products such as jams, honey, bath and herbal salts, tea, syrups, fruit, vegetables and dried fruits are sold at the farm.

    Forts & Castles
    "Wohlgemuth zu Wendelstein" estate
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The „Wohlgemuth zu Wendelstein“ estate dates back to 1592. The date is above the portal in the fresco of the triangular pediment on the double-arched window, which is adorned by a beautiful wrought-iron balustrade. The Renaissance building has an irregular floor plan and is set around an inner courtyard. The hall on the first floor with the aforementioned double-arched window has a precious coffered ceiling.

    Sports and leisure
    Wood Ball Track Kronplatz
    Dolomites Region Kronplatz/Plan de Corones

    What a ride – simply marbellous!

    Have you ever played on a 40 m long rolling ball sculpture? No? Well then, Kronplatz is the place to be!

    At the Kronplatz marble run, kids can race wooden marbles through an adrenaline-packed obstacle course, negotiating dizzying curves plus all sorts of bumps and hurdles. A matching set of beech-wood balls that double as a perfect souvenir to take home can be purchased on site.

    Roll on the fun!

    Where: from the Olang 1+2 mountain station at the top of Mount Kronplatz all the way to the entrance of the Kron restaurant.

    Prices: Using the track is free of charge; the beech-wood marbles cost € 2,50 each.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church S. Margherita
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The parish church of Cauria is dedicated to Santa Margherita. It was built in the 13th century and rebuilt in gothic style.

     

     

    Forts & Castles
    Historical city center Klausen
    Brixen/Bressanone and environs
    The City of Artists and Albrecht Dürer
    The medieval city, which is surpassed in height by the mighty Sabiona Monastery mountain, proudly calls itself the "City of Dürer." Here, where the city was the scene of intense artistic activity just a hundred years ago, is where Albrecht Dürer stopped during his journey through Italy. He exploited his portrait of the city as a background for an allegorical copper-plate engraving titled "Das Grosse Glück" ("Nemesis").

    Today, Klausen is still numbered among the most-beautiful of Italy's ancient cities: Its tower-studded facades, its wide alcove balconies, and the picturesque signs of its old inns and pubs were all that was needed to convince the club "I borghi più belli d'Italia" of its worthiness. And the "Treasure of Loreto" (a singular collection of works of art) in the city museum has got to be seen to be believed.
    Meat and sausages
    Wieser Rind
    Meran/Merano and environs
    At the Wieserhof Farm in Vöran/Verano the cattles are reared by Markus in the form of suckler cows. Due to the natural husbandry the meat is of special quality.
    Mixed packages from the beef are offered (8 or 12 KG): roast beef, escalopes, roasting joints, goulash, mince, meat for soup and boiled meat, house sausages.
    Sale only on request!
    Forts & Castles
    Gasthaus zur Rose
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road
    The Gasthof zur Rose is located in the southern quarter of Salorno/Salurn, which is called "Gries". The first references with a description of the Gasthof "Zur Rose" go back to the year 1584.
    Museums
    Archaeology Museum in Feldthurns
    Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    Archaeological exhibition of finds from Feldthurns and the Eisacktal on the ground floor of the castle Velthurns. Open before and after the guided tours of the castle Velthurns. Guided tours: Tue-Sun 10:00, 11:00, 14:30 and 15:30 clock, July and August at 16:30 clock.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Loreto Chapel in Kalditsch/Doladizza
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Loreto Chapel is located in Kalditsch/Doladizza above Montan/Montagna and is part of the "Rothenhof." It was consecrated on September 22, 1702 by Prince Bishop Michael von Spaur. The church day is celebrated annually at the end of September with a solemn service. The high altarpiece is a magnificent work by the Val di Fiemme-based painter Giuseppe Alberti. The inscription on the church roof, visible from afar, depicts a monogram of the Virgin Mary.

    Forts & Castles
    Palazzo Longo
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The remarkable Baroque residence of the Barons of Longo dates back to the beginning of the 18th century. It presents a simple façade and a Baroque portal which can be reached through a two-winged staircase. The stone frame of the portal is decorated with two putti and a female bust. The interiors are richly decorated: high reliefs in stucco by Franz Hannibal Bittner and frescoes by Giacomo Antonio Delai, two artists who worked in the Bolzano/Bozen area from 1730. The palace also includes a unique park that extends to the forest behind the village.

     

    Forts & Castles
    "Gasthaus In der Titschen"
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road
    The beautiful building "In der Titschen" had been an inn since the 16th century and also served as a seat for court meetings until the middle of the 18th century. Here the minutes of the various sections into which the social life of the village was divided were written and offices and tasks were periodically distributed. With the takeover by the Venetian Counts Zenobio, the importance of the inn declined, as the court seat was moved to Mitterdorf.
    Forts & Castles
    Town Hall Salorno/Salurn
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road
    The town hall of Salorno/Salurn was once owned by the family of the Barons von Winklhofer, whose coat of arms can also be found on the portal, is characterized by Nordic and Italian building elements typical of the Überetsch/Oltraadige style of the 16th century. The open archway of the old building rests on mighty stone blocks. On the façade, the stone-framed rectangular windows are arranged next to the two-storey bay window and alternate with two superimposed double round-arched windows.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church Salorno
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The parish church is dedicated to S. Andrea. It was mentioned first in 1215. The church was built in baroque style of sacred architecture. On the front you can see statues of the Saints Pietro and Paolo, Andrea and Nicolò and Mary.

     

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500