Skip to content
added to favourites
removed from favourites
Oops! Something went wrong. Try again
Your account is being created
Your account has been successfully created and you are now logged in
You are logged out.
Filter
Selected filters
    Level of difficulty
    Duration
    Distance in KM

    Experience South Tyrol - it's unforgettable!

    Don't miss the diverse range of experiences of South Tyrol! Enjoy sporting activities, discover the rich culture and visit diverse events in Alpine and Mediterranean locations. Whether young or old, everyone will find something suitable. To help you decide, we present our suggestions for an unforgettable holiday in South Tyrol. Experience the diversity!

    Results
    Ski Rental
    Ski rental Snowspace
    Dolomites Region 3 Zinnen

    The skiing region of the Three Peaks Dolomites offers fun ski runs for every level and age group. 93 km of slopes with guaranteed snow and a panorama that simply takes your breath away.

    It is possible to rent downhill skis, Snowboards, snow shoes and sledges.

    Climbing
    Climbing Spelonca - Spiluck
    Brixen/Bressanone and environs

    If you are looking for untouched nature and peace and quiet, Spiluck, above Vahrn, is the right place. The climbing park offers easy routes for children and families, but also challenging routes with vertical and overhanging parts. The rocks at the entrance of the climbing park are ideal for bouldering.

    E-bike charging station
    E-bike charging stations Residence der Bircher
    Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs
    If cyclists run out of juice, they can rest here for a while and recharge not only their own energy, but also that of their bike.
    Bikers should have their own power supply unit in their luggage.
    E-bike charging station
    E-bike charging stations Hotel Lamm
    Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs
    If cyclists run out of juice, they can rest here for a while and recharge not only their own energy, but also that of their bike.
    Bikers should have their own power supply unit in their luggage.
    E-bike charging station
    E-bike charging stations Hotel Lener
    Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs
    If cyclists run out of juice, they can rest here for a while and recharge not only their own energy, but also that of their bike.
    Bikers should have their own power supply unit in their luggage.
    Artist and gilder
    Hofer Karl Painting, Sculpture, Restoration
    Meran/Merano and environs

    Karl Hofer’s area of work covers painting, sculpting and the restoration of works of art. In his own works, Hofer often follows a production process that originates from the idea and spontaneously turns the natural material into the desired form. In contrast, with other works he follows the traditional route: after the drawing he produces a model in plaster or clay, and only then does he start on the actual work. What all of Hofer’s works have in common is a strong connection with nature and the landscape. They provide him with the strength and necessary peace and quiet to enable him to collect himself and to create. Sale of hand-carved fruit from South Tyrol as decorations, gifts and souvenirs. Prices on request.

    Forts & Castles
    Gaudententurm - Tower of Gaudenz
    Meran/Merano and environs

    The mansion was originally built in 1348 by Meinhard, Edler von Gaudenz (an aristocrat from Gaudenz). Since that time it underwent several renovations, especially during the Baroque period. The Erker oval windows, sundial and coat of arms symbolizing the alliance, date back to the 17th century.

    Ownership of the property changed hands several times, as shown below:
    1348-1402: Edle von Gaudenz; 1402-1586: Edle von Hendl; 1586-1600: Herren von Stachlburg; 1600-1619: Cyriac von Waltenhofen; 1619-1638: Edle von Roladin; 1638-1657: Edle Aichner von Aichberg; 1657-1680: Johann Edler von Kreutzer of Innsbruck; 1680-1730: Edle von Bauer; 1740-1794: Edle von Wiesenegg

    In 1792 the house was bought by Anton Simon von Isser, a chronicler from Meran/Merano, who four years later changed his surname to ‘von Gaudententurm’ when entering the nobility. It was via his grandson, the Viennese physician and neurologist, Dr. Friedrich Leopold von Sölder zu Prakenstein (1867-1943) that the residence passed on to the present-day owners.

    The inner courtyard and cellars are open to the public during the weekly Schnaps tasting events.

    The private interior rooms are not open for public viewing.

    Forts & Castles
    Mill Formermühle
    Meran/Merano and environs

    Around 19 mills were working around 1553 in Partschins/Parcines. The Formermühle on Wasserfallweg was built in 1920 and has been restored in 2009. (Attention! Visits only from the outside - private property)

    Places to See
    Grave stone from the Roman era - Via Claudia Augusta
    Meran/Merano and environs

    At Hochhueben Hof farm in Partschins/Parcines, a feudal holding of the Salzburg Bishops dating to the 14th century, a Roman gravestone has been built into the front wall of the house on the right side next to the entrance. The officer Marcus Ulpius Primigenius of the customs station in Töll/Tell did this to immortalize his firstborn son Quintus Caecililus Eutropius, who died only 21 years and 11 months old.

    The letters D.M. on the seal (Dis manibus– the gods of death) and the manner of execution of the lettering appear to date to the first half of the 2nd century AD.

    Roman tombs and coins have also been found across the courtyard.

    Sports and leisure
    Tennis Club Prati
    Sterzing/Vipiteno and environs
    If the weather cooperates, the two tennis courts are generally playable from the end of April / beginning of May.

    An online booking system was introduced in 2018. This means that the availability of both tennis courts can be seen online at any time.

    The playing time for a single game, doubles or mixed game is 60 minutes each. After that, if you are relieved from the current seat, another seat can be reserved for the next free time.
    Places to See
    The Toll Post of the Ancient Romans in Töll/Tel
    Meran/Merano and environs

    The Toll Post in Töll/Tel: testimony to the lively trade on the Via Claudia Augusta from Roman times to the Middle Ages

    Emperor Claudius (41-54 AD) moved the border between the two Roman provinces of Raetia (with its capital Augusta Vindelicorium, Augsburg), and Venetia et Histria to the Töll (Teloneion = customs house) and laid the foundation stone for the toll station and the toll for goods and vehicles.
    The Latin inscription on the base of the statue of Diana proves that a certain Aetetus, head of the customs office at Töll/Tel in the 3rd century, had the Temple of Diana built. He also introduced the "Gallic goods customs" (= foreign and export customs for goods to Germania, which replaced the Illyrian, the internal customs).
    Along this important traffic route, the Via Claudia Augusta, inns and road stations for changing horses were built.
    After the departure of the Romans towards the end of the 5th century AD, there are no records of the existence of a toll station for centuries.

    In 1160, a customs officer is reported for the first time again and the sovereign customs are mentioned for the first time in 1271 and as the property of the Count of Tyrol (Meinard II). In 1388, the customs post was moved from Plars (Algund/Lagundo) to the Töll/Tel (to today's "Rössl" inn, since its renovation a few years ago again called "Zollwirt" - transl. inn at the toll station) and developed into the most important in Tyrol.

    Toll guards had to keep an accurate register, which was sent to the Count’s Chamber on a quarterly basis and the customs officers handling the Tyrol Count’s tax revenues enjoyed the status of court officials. In 1808, the building housing the tax office was sold off by the Bavarian authorities and, after the introduction of a new consumption tax in 1829, the toll post was completely abandoned. From 1400 until its closure, the names of 27 customs officers were recorded as having worked there. The toll station (the Zollhof) included the Zollbaur Inn with the actual customs office situated on the left side of the building and a repository on the right. Just behind was the Steidlhof Guesthouse made famous for once hosting Ferdinand I, Holy Roman Emperor, Archduke of Austria and King of Hungary and Bohemia, (1503-1564). Ferdinand’s coronation as Emperor in 1525 is remembered in one of the Renaissance frescoes preserved in the customs office. Dating no later than 1530, this opus has been marvelously restored.

    The former customs or toll post is no longer in existence.

    Places to See
    Natural Heritage Chestnut Happichl
    Meran/Merano and environs

    Registered as a natural monument since 1979 with the Provincia Autonoma of Bolzano Department of Nature, Landscape and Spatial Development.

    The reason for protection is the great age of the tree and its aesthetic peculiarity.
    The chestnut is located directly at the Happichlhof (Happichl Inn) in Rabland/Rablà in Geroldstraße/Via Gerold and can be visited during a hike along the Rablander Waalweg/sentiero della roggia di Rablà (irrigation channel).

    According to the owner, the roots reach under the adjacent barn of the Happichlhof (distance 10 m).

    As a result of its free standing, it was able to develop unconfined.
    The trunk divides into two main branches at a height of 6 m.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of San Giorgio
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The St. George church in Graun/Corona stems from the 14th century. The tower is decorated with a newly restored fresco of St. Chritopher.

    Cultural centres and theatre
    Cortaccia Hall
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Event venue of Kurtatsch/Cortaccia with stage and seating for 200 people

    Places to See
    Big stone
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    This large stone from the Bronze Age can be found along the Grauner Weg, but unfortunately, its original place of origin is not known. Its many engraved symbols are still a mystery today.

    Stone of mica schist with 53 sunken bowls. They point to ancient sacrificial and cult ceremonies. Furthermore, two ships and a 
    Swastika can be seen (a sun). These type of stones ​​date back to the Bronze Age. The remaining symbols may have been engraved
    later. The exact location where it was found in Graun is unknown.
    Churches & Monasteries
    Parish church of San Nicolò
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Saint Nicholas church in Penon was first mentioned during the 14th Century. It is worth visiting the sacramental house made of sandstone, which possibly dates from around 1380 - Alto Adige's oldest example carved in stone.

    Places to See
    Freienfeld Menhir
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    When the menhir was discovered during excavations, it stood at the western corner of Freienfeld Manor in burnt black soil, surrounded by a circle of stones. Some of these stones still circle the menhir.

    The menhir is, in comparison to other menhirs, primitive, yet there is clear evidence of workmanship. The glacial erratic of quartz phyllite is 1.65 m high with a circumference of 1.95 m and is reminiscent of a cyclopic giant.

    As with other menhirs, it is likely anthropomorphous and imitates, though remotely, the stature of a person. The menhir was presumably a place for worship of gods, heros or the dead. It is probably a male menhir, with three aligned holes, and wearing a clearly visible collar.

    Forts & Castles
    Ansitz Freienfeld
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    Ansitz Freienfeld was built in 1521 by the Earl of Indermauer. (Courtyard surrounded by embattled walls.) In the large windows of the Trinkstube beautiful frescoes can be seen.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of San Martino
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Parish church of Cortina sulla Strada del Vino is dedicated to Saint Martinn. The Gothic construction dates from the beginning of the 15th century and was erected on the ruins of on older chapel. The keystone of the arch is decorated with a picture of St. Martin and the date 1474. A second keystone shows the Virgin Mary and is attributed to the end of the 16th century. Over the years, various changes have been made to the building. In 1610, the church tower was renovated, in 1996 the mosaic of St. Martin over the entryway was completed and the furnishings including the organ and the choir stalls were renovated. In spite of the many changes, many of the old treasures have survived and can still be seen in the parish church. For example, a statue of the Madonna from the 15th century and two altarpieces from the 17th century can be seen. A special gem is the old bell from the year 1449. It is one of the oldest bells in Alto Adige and was still used up until a few years ago to ring in the mass.

    Churches & Monasteries
    Church of St. Vigilius
    The South Tyrolean Wine Road

    The Parish church of St. Vigilius with its Romanesque church tower was mentioned for the first time in 1337. The old baptismal font inside dates from an earlier time, from 1033. At the beginning of the 16th century, the church was remodeled and a sandstone arch was added. In 1850, the late Gothic high altar was built where the baroque altarpiece showing the martyrium of Str. Vigilius was built in. A further gem inside the Cortaccia church is the legendary crying picture of the Virgin Mary which was first exhibited on July 17, 1738 and has since been the goal of many pilgrims.

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502
      image
      Summer
      Uphill Seespitz
      Meran and environs
      Starting point: Töll Etschbrücke (525 m) End point: Gasthaus …
      44 km total slope
      7 lifts
      Highest point: 2,505 m